PDA

View Full Version : Trump is smart and we have to learn from him.

luctor-et-emergo
07-16-2016, 12:03 AM
Say what you want to say but that feller with the orange hair has a point.

You can spend all the money you want but it isn't going to change a damn thing.

What we have to do is; figure out a way to get our candidates (similar) attention without spending a penny.

tfurrh
07-16-2016, 01:14 AM
Oh yeah? and bigfoot's real. we just need to get more nessies learning from the bigfoots and then maybe the chupacabras (one of ours) has a chance.

bunklocoempire
07-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Oh yeah? and bigfoot's real. we just need to get more nessies learning from the bigfoots and then maybe the chupacabras (one of ours) has a chance.

YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had a sighting!

enhanced_deficit
07-16-2016, 10:42 AM

What we have to do is; figure out a way to get our candidates (similar) attention without spending a penny.

He is certainly clever in media management and effectively exploiting media/politics for his gain.

luctor-et-emergo
07-16-2016, 12:05 PM
He is certainly clever in media management and effectively exploiting media/politics for his gain.

And he has proven that you can waste as much campaign cash as you want but who wins is determined differently. (for good or for bad.)

Seraphim
07-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Social media.

Just think about this...Erdogan called on his Turkish civilian supporters to take the streets and stop/slow down the coup...and before long civilians were in the streets doing just that. And they succeeded.

Millennials and much of Gen X are on social media...the former in particular is MUCH more in tune with what comes through the social media pike then what is found spewed within the multi billion dollar business that is the MSM.

luctor-et-emergo
07-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Social media.

Just think about this...Erdogan called on his Turkish civilian supporters to take the streets and stop/slow down the coup...and before long civilians were in the streets doing just that. And they succeeded.

Millennials and much of Gen X are on social media...the former in particular is MUCH more in tune with what comes through the social media pike then what is found spewed within the multi billion dollar business that is the MSM.

I don't like Trump but I don't like a lot of things in life. I do however think that when you see something that's actually happening, you are an idiot if you ignore it because you don't like the situation. This is something we have to acknowledge in my opinion. We have to learn from it. We have to be passionate AND effective.

Seraphim
07-16-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't like Trump but I don't like a lot of things in life. I do however think that when you see something that's actually happening, you are an idiot if you ignore it because you don't like the situation. This is something we have to acknowledge in my opinion. We have to learn from it. We have to be passionate AND effective.

Proper and relentless social media use falls under the "effective" category.

torchbearer
07-16-2016, 01:50 PM
bat-sh!t-crazy sells on TV. that is the secret sauce.

torchbearer
07-16-2016, 01:51 PM
also, all future LP candidates must have a reality tv show on cable.

luctor-et-emergo
07-16-2016, 03:03 PM

I don't know what the solution is. I think we, as a movement, might have to give up on the presidential races for now... Focus on the congressional and senatorial races.

Suzanimal
07-16-2016, 03:06 PM

Good points. I agree.

silverhandorder
07-16-2016, 03:15 PM
What Trump has is money actually. He has friends and people that will do him favors. He has networks that already made that he can tap. And because he was able to make so much money it proves he has the smarts and charisma to grab the public. So what we need is someone as awesome as him.

luctor-et-emergo
07-16-2016, 03:18 PM
What Trump has is money actually. He has friends and people that will do him favors. He has networks that already made that he can tap. And because he was able to make so much money it proves he has the smarts and charisma to grab the public. So what we need is someone as awesome as him.

Just a simple question but... Since 07, how many millions has our movement raised ? How many people in our movement are in somewhat influential positions ? We may have an organizational problem instead of a financial one.

silverhandorder
07-16-2016, 03:27 PM
Just a simple question but... Since 07, how many millions has our movement raised ? How many people in our movement are in somewhat influential positions ? We may have an organizational problem instead of a financial one.

If you take out all the ludites and anti socials from our movement. Take out all the people who rather just work with republicans. Take out all the people like me who just want to focus on our life. You will see that a very tiny minority actually tries to get elected.

Working Poor
07-16-2016, 03:33 PM
So who can we draft into the Liberty movement who is rich, arrogant and, has a constant media presence that when they announce they are running for president the media will cover their run 24/7?

silverhandorder
07-16-2016, 05:52 PM
So who can we draft into the Liberty movement who is rich, arrogant and, has a constant media presence that when they announce they are running for president the media will cover their run 24/7?

We already got Trump :).

enhanced_deficit
07-16-2016, 05:52 PM
And he has proven that you can waste as much campaign cash as you want but who wins is determined differently. (for good or for bad.)

Agreed.

Last month Hillary Ad spending was ~$30 Million and Trump ad spending was $0.

And this is what he has accomplished:

Democrats ‘freaked out’ about polls in meeting with Clinton

By Alexander Bolton - 07/14/16 06:45 PM EDT
Nervous Senate Democrats raised concerns with Hillary Clinton during a private meeting in the Capitol Thursday over a recent poll showing Donald Trump leading or tied in several battleground states.
“Some people were freaked out, they were looking down at the polls on RealClearPolitics and asking why it was so close,” said a Democratic senator who attended the meeting, referring to a website lawmakers were checking out on their personal devices.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/287845-democrats-freaked-out-about-polls-in-meeting-with-clinton

US politics can become a freak show and he seems to know how to naivagate it exploiting weaknesses of a crooked system.

dannno
07-16-2016, 09:53 PM

I would vote for Joe Rogan.

dannno
07-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Here is a well researched piece on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-vpg

Danke
07-16-2016, 10:23 PM

Thanks dannno for that.

Working Poor
07-17-2016, 05:46 AM
We already got Trump :).

If you want to cal an authoritarian a liberty candidate.:(

Ronin Truth
07-17-2016, 05:49 AM
It's really tough to survive for 70 years without picking up at least a very few valuable things, here and there. ;)

tod evans
07-17-2016, 05:57 AM
The not spending money on adds thing will absolutely resonate with republicans and fiscal conservatives of all stripes.

kfarnan
07-17-2016, 01:12 PM
RP for VP would've been the best choice.

Jamesiv1
07-17-2016, 01:42 PM

That was quite good - thanks.

His direct quotes from the media and the points he makes about the MSM's bullshit is right on.