PDA

View Full Version : Indoctrination: Watch 14-Year-Old Perform 'White Boy Privilege' Poem

Todd
07-15-2016, 06:14 AM
I do not understand this phenomena of having to "recognize" your "privilege". What am I supposed to do with it when I find it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Q1jZ-LOT0

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=55170

A 14-year-old boy in Atlanta is currently being praised by social justice warriors for his “White Boy Privilege” slam poem.

The student, Royce Mann, was awarded first place for the effort during a recent contest at The Paideia School. Mann uploaded the video to YouTube recently after his school was forced to pull the video in May over negative feedback.

In the nearly 4 minute rant Mann bizarrely attempts to apologize to minorities by making gross generalizations and assumptions that they are automatically oppressed and incapable at birth.

“I have started life on the top of the ladder while you were born on the first rung,” Mann says.
Mann continues by claiming that all women are oppressed for wearing makeup.

“I love it because I don’t have to spend an hour every morning putting on make-up to meet other people’s standards,” he says.

The tirade goes on to note that white people have never been poor either.

“I love it because I can worry about what kind of food is on my plate instead of whether or not there is food on my plate,” Mann states.

Danke
07-15-2016, 06:16 AM
Just shoot me...

Turn him into a eunuch.

Suzanimal
07-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Not surprising. I grew up around there. I went to Druid Hills High School. I never learned to check my privilege, though.

alucard13mm
07-15-2016, 07:58 AM
What a pussy, white knight, sjw, beta male.

He will make a fine fedora wearing hipster

timosman
07-15-2016, 08:00 AM
will this get him laid?

Origanalist
07-15-2016, 09:50 AM
If anything shows the stupidity and herd mentality the human race is capable of this is it.

Origanalist
07-15-2016, 09:55 AM
Public schools FTW! Right rpf member .....?

donnay
07-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Done by design.

specsaregood
07-15-2016, 09:58 AM
Is this just the new type of self-victimization? I mean on the surface it makes it seem like the opposite, but at the root its a way of turning himself into a victim of his situation. Pathetic really.

CaptUSA
07-15-2016, 10:03 AM
https://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/whipping-boy1.gif?w=500&h=281

bunklocoempire
07-15-2016, 12:17 PM
I do not understand this phenomena of having to "recognize" your "privilege". What am I supposed to do with it when I find it?

After you find it, please report to the Morlocks.

dannno
07-15-2016, 12:26 PM
will this get him laid?

With a dude maybe.... look at dem shoes.

kahless
07-15-2016, 12:31 PM
It is child abuse.

BV2
07-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Another reason not to have a kid until capable of providing them with a private, and effective, education. Although, that will probably soon be illegal instead of just heavily disincentivised.

ZENemy
07-15-2016, 02:10 PM
"A house divided against itself will not stand"

JK/SEA
07-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Public schools FTW! Right rpf member .....?

nope..not right. Do some research...wait...here, i did it for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paideia_School

JK/SEA
07-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Another reason not to have a kid until capable of providing them with a private, and effective, education. Although, that will probably soon be illegal instead of just heavily disincentivised.

this IS a private school...

kinda blows the mantra of demonizing public schools into the toilet....its ok...nobodies perfekt.

Danke
07-15-2016, 03:04 PM

kinda blows the mantra of demonizing public schools into the toilet....its ok...nobodies perfekt.

No it doesn't. Parents sent him there by choice. Not true with government school, that they are still paying for.

JK/SEA
07-15-2016, 03:19 PM
No it doesn't. Parents sent him there by choice. Not true with government school, that they are still paying for.

yep...by CHOICE...proves my point, not yours.

This was not a public school.

cajuncocoa
07-15-2016, 03:41 PM
//

dannno
07-15-2016, 03:55 PM
yep...by CHOICE...proves my point, not yours.

This was not a public school.

What's your point, Walter?

That some leftists have money?

cajuncocoa
07-15-2016, 03:59 PM
//

dannno
07-15-2016, 04:05 PM
I think his point is, everyone blames the public school system....but the public school system had nothing to do with what went on in this case. This kind of stuff is creeping over into private schools as well (or it was always there...while everyone only ridiculed public school kids.)

I disagree. The public school system started the indoctrination program decades ago, you are right that it is creeping over into private schools also - but private schools weren't the first ones pushing this stuff it was the public schools. So I still blame the public school system, primarily.

cajuncocoa
07-15-2016, 04:08 PM
//

cajuncocoa
07-15-2016, 04:10 PM
//

BV2
07-15-2016, 05:18 PM

Private, as in personal, preferably home. But, whatever. And no, it doesn't.

Jamesiv1
07-15-2016, 06:59 PM
//

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-15-2016, 07:48 PM
I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of that. Some people in this world just need their asses beat good.

AuH20
07-15-2016, 08:43 PM
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-white-privilege-is-the-unquestioned-and-unearned-set-of-advantages-entitlements-benefits-peggy-mcintosh-85-82-05.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a7Hw_KjVmWc/V4Q1NmjPrbI/AAAAAAAAhtU/abWVj6p2dvcsC9OzDz0SSId8kaootFH6wCLcB/s640/White%2BPrivilege%2Bskeleton.jpg

Iowa
07-15-2016, 09:11 PM
It's ironic that his name is "Mann."

Origanalist
07-16-2016, 12:44 PM
nope..not right. Do some research...wait...here, i did it for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paideia_School

I stand humbly corrected sir.

Seraphim
07-16-2016, 12:47 PM
What a pussy, white knight, sjw, beta male.

He will make a fine fedora wearing hipster

He's a brainwashed 14 year old mate. Relax.

Origanalist
07-16-2016, 12:47 PM
I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds of that. Some people in this world just need their asses beat good.

Lol, I'm not even going to start it.

Tywysog Cymru
07-16-2016, 01:14 PM
I think his point is, everyone blames the public school system....but the public school system had nothing to do with what went on in this case. This kind of stuff is creeping over into private schools as well (or it was always there...while everyone only ridiculed public school kids.)

This reminds of something I've said here in the past. If the entire education system was privatized tomorrow, we would still have most of the problems we're having now. Who do people here think are going to be the teachers at the privatized schools? The local liberty activist? I'm not defending the public school system but people clearly haven't thought this out.

Origanalist
07-16-2016, 01:35 PM
This reminds of something I've said here in the past. If the entire education system was privatized tomorrow, we would still have most of the problems we're having now. Who do people here think are going to be the teachers at the privatized schools? The local liberty activist? I'm not defending the public school system but people clearly haven't thought this out.

Clearly? Not really. And just what would be your solution to the "problems" be? I think taking out the federal influence would be a major step, beyond that getting the ingrained notion out of people's head that government is just naturally responsible for providing education. But that would entail ridding people of the notion of government as mommy and daddy, not a very easy task in this day and age when the vast majority have been programmed to think just that.

GunnyFreedom
07-16-2016, 02:44 PM

I think you may be overreaching the conclusion. Just because some private schools are awful, does not necessitate that any public schools are good.

I stipulate that some public schools are good, because I went to one in High School, and I know it to be so from direct experience. Nevertheless, logically the condition of a given private school -- be it amazing, good, bad, or horrible -- really says nothing whatever about the condition of public schools or public schooling.

Even if 99% of all private schools in America were terrible, it remains possible that the public schools would still deserve to be demonized anyway.

An individual may have looked at this situation and wrongfully concluded that it may be taken as evidence against public schooling, and there pointing out that it is a private school impeaches that offer of evidence. That is a proper conclusion. However to go even further and argue that we shouldn't demonize public schools because here is this one private school that is so terrible, I think that surpasses the boundaries of a deductive logical argument.

Madison320
07-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Everything is free for white people!

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308

cajuncocoa
07-16-2016, 04:19 PM
//

Ender
07-16-2016, 05:04 PM
Clearly? Not really. And just what would be your solution to the "problems" be? I think taking out the federal influence would be a major step, beyond that getting the ingrained notion out of people's head that government is just naturally responsible for providing education. But that would entail ridding people of the notion of government as mommy and daddy, not a very easy task in this day and age when the vast majority have been programmed to think just that.

Exactly.

PLUS most "private" schools are not "private". They comply with .gov, receive money, and teach much of what the public system does.

I know because I have been part of a real private school where basic principles were to teach kids to love to learn again. Once the students got over their public school depression, you had to run to keep up with them. It's fantastic.

JK/SEA
07-17-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't want to continue to speak for JK....but I don't think that's what he was saying at all. It's certainly not what *I* was saying when I agreed with him!

I also went to a public high school....many years ago. I recognize that so much has changed since then (when I went, there was no Dept. of Education yet.) The school that I went to was one of the best schools in the country then, but is in poor shape now (not one of the worst schools in the area, by far...you have to go to Orleans Parish for that, but things have gone downhill, nevertheless.) So, I would never suggest that ALL public schools are good these days, or that the public school system is the best way to go. I know better.

I think JK was just pointing out that the event that took place in the OP didn't happen at a public school, and he pointed this out because others were making the assumption that it did. (maybe @JK/SEA (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=13857) will eventually come along to clarify for himself ... I'm only speaking for the way *I* took his post.)

Gunny knows that, he's just being a playful contrarian that has lost his logical compass.

specsaregood
07-17-2016, 04:23 PM
This is a bit offtopic, but what the hell; do any of you know if public school districts get increased funding or special grants based on their graduation rate? ie: if they have a high graduation rate, they get more money?

Todd
09-06-2016, 09:32 AM
This is a bit offtopic, but what the hell; do any of you know if public school districts get increased funding or special grants based on their graduation rate? ie: if they have a high graduation rate, they get more money?

When I was a TA in school systems way back, it was clear that some were doing better. I'm not sure if there was anything based on how well they did, but some did get more money than others.

Some schools were called Magnet schools and got additional funding for teaching a "Theme". (Animals, Science...etc) They got extra money for a cheapo Space shuttle simulator or they got to keep some exotic pets on the school grounds to "teach" kids about them. The worst schools were in the worst parts of the city imaginable. Not clear if they were underfunded though. But they did have some of the worst administrators I ever witnessed.

AZJoe
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
The entire poem was a series of collectivist stereotypes.

“Dear women … black people … Asian-Americans … Native Americans … [I]you were born on the first rung. …

I can worry about what kind of food is on my plate instead of whether or not there will be food on my plate. …

If I lived a life lit by what I lack, not what I have, if I lived a life in which when I failed, the world would say, ‘Told you so.’ If I lived the life that you live.

When I was born I had a success story already written for me. [I stereotype again that] You — you were given a pen and no paper. …

It is embarrassing that we still live in a world in which we judge another person’s character by of the size of their paycheck, the color of their skin, or the type of chromosomes they have. [just like I am making collectivist stereotypes of everyone with this poem] …

Danke
09-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Maybe he should be talking more about his Jewish privilege.

John F Kennedy III
09-06-2016, 01:23 PM
//

Why delete a ton of comments?

Mach
09-06-2016, 02:32 PM
"A house divided against itself will not stand"

That's their plan, just a bunch of reverse psychology society.... that the shallow followers follow to get praise.

Anti Federalist
09-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Take a look at how much trendy self loathing white people pay per year to have their offspring indoctrinated.

Half Day: $12,822 Elementary: $20,691 Junior High: $23,157 High School: $23,463

White Privilege, indeed.

BamaAla
09-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Take a look at how much trendy self loathing white people pay per year to have their offspring indoctrinated.

White Privilege, indeed.

Dad: https://alternateroots.org/barry-stewart-mann/

Mom: http://www.actlikeamann.com/index.php/sheri-mann-stewart/

This poor kid is the offspring of hardcore sjw actors.