PDA

View Full Version : Trump University Taught Students How to Exploit Disabled Homeowners

CPUd
07-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Trump University Taught Students How to Exploit Disabled Homeowners

Trump University, the former for-profit business education venture that has landed Donald Trump in various courts to defend himself against claims of fraud, promised to teach students the secrets of Trump's financial success. One particular course offered by Trump U presented a particularly blunt strategy for making money: target destitute, "completely disabled" homeowners headed into foreclosure and convince them to sell their homes at a discounted price. That is, exploit disabled people for profit.

That advice comes near the end of a nearly three-hour audio lesson—paired with a workbook—that was offered by Trump University in 2006, shortly before the housing market collapsed. It was a year after the opening of Trump University, which shut down in 2010 and has prompted lawsuits against Trump from former students who allege that the school was a scam that ripped them off.

The 2006 course, titled "Real Estate Goldmine: How to Get Rich Investing in Pre-Foreclosures," begins with a monologue by Trump, who says, "We're not peddling get-rich-quick schemes, no blue-sky promises or an easy road to riches." But he pledges that his course will offer a "real estate gold mine." Then Trump University's Jon Ward interviews real estate investment adviser Gary Eldred about the best strategies for taking advantage of homeowners facing foreclosures. Throughout the course, Eldred provides a variety of tips on spotting homes that are in pre-foreclosure—for instance, look for an owner delinquent on payments because he could be foreclosed on imminently—and he offers strategies for persuading owners to sell their homes at a discount when they're facing foreclosure. He repeatedly notes that a buyer should be kind when approaching pre-foreclosure owners about purchasing their properties, because these potential sellers are going through a stressful time.

But Eldred does cover how to take advantage of short sales—a deal in which a buyer talks the homeowner into selling and convinces the mortgage lender to reduce the seller's debt. Eldred points out that a key aspect of such a transaction is convincing a lender that the owner won't be able to pay back the loan as it stands. The goal, Eldred says, is to find homeowners who are in a truly desperate financial position.

"Under no circumstance will a lender accept a short sale if they think they can squeeze that borrower for an extra nickel, so certified destitution evidence needs to be included," he explains. He lists the conditions that are ideal for a short sale: "The borrower is out of work, the borrower has $50,000 in unpaid medical claims, the borrow is completely disabled, the borrower has an extraordinarily messy divorce where everything has been squandered."

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump has been criticized for mocking a New York Times reporter with a disability. Clips of that incident have become fodder for an attack ad created and aired by an outside group supporting Hillary Clinton.

During the course, Eldred laments several times that foreclosures are a painful but inevitable part of the economy. Trump makes a similar point in his introduction. "The sad fact is, more and more property owners are getting themselves in trouble!" Trump says. "Defaulting on mortgages and losing their homes or commercial properties. I'm sorry for them, but life goes on, and the fact is, one person's misfortune is someone else's opportunity. That's just the way the world works. This program shows you how to make a lot of money from investing in pre-foreclosures."

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/07/donald-trump-university-foreclosure-completely-disabled

openfire
07-13-2016, 09:40 PM
What specifically do you and your liberal cohorts find objectionable about this?

CPUd
07-13-2016, 09:44 PM
What specifically do you and your liberal cohorts find objectionable about this?

Such a short statement, so many incorrect assumptions. I'll leave you to ponder this on your own.

openfire
07-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Such a short statement, so many incorrect assumptions. I'll leave you to ponder this on your own.

Not a statement, a question. You posted it and I'm curious as to why you posted it...

I've read the article, and yet I can find nothing wrong with the practice. It's called capitalism. I assume that you present this motherjones article to bash Trump, but all you've done, once again, is unwittingly expose your liberal SJW mind-frame; If I'm wrong in my assumptions, please correct me, the floor is yours.

puppetmaster
07-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Sounds logical

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Lol, Mother Jones...

cindy25
07-14-2016, 01:09 AM
they were in business to make money, nothing wrong here

dannno
07-14-2016, 01:20 AM
So they helped them sell their home before it got taken from them. That sounds like a service?

openfire
07-14-2016, 03:47 AM

Well, CPUd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndL6m5vHVhw

silverhandorder
07-14-2016, 03:55 AM
CPUd lost his edge.

I guess predicting Cruz victory wrong and recent polling being unfavorable to someone he voted for in 2008 pushed him to post more straight up liberal articles.

Wait couple of more days and we can add convention revolt to failed predictions as well.

RandallFan
07-14-2016, 04:06 AM
Disabled people shouldn't have to pay bills. Bernie & Clinton will make sure.

Joe Biden:Rapists should never be paroled. All Sex offenders should serve life.

CPUd
07-14-2016, 04:33 AM
Joe Biden sometimes parks in the handicapped spot.

Tom Cotton fishes change out of vending machines.

openfire
07-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Joe Biden sometimes parks in the handicapped spot.

Tom Cotton fishes change out of vending machines.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?497939-Trump-University-Taught-Students-How-to-Exploit-Disabled-Homeowners&p=6261179&viewfull=1#post6261179