PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul to Skip RNC Convention

ProBlue33
07-13-2016, 07:14 AM
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/rand-paul-skip-rnc-convention/

I think Rand is hedging his bets with this move, if Trump loses, he had enough distance, if he wins, he can say he did his duty and supported the nominee of the party, he is smart. Rand can easily switch gears and say democracy has spoken and the will of the people must be supported AFTER the election.
He will be newly re-elected himself with a fresh mandate as well.

I think it's a good move.

jkr
07-13-2016, 07:51 AM
What a surprise
The Paul family seems to avoid Ohio like the zika

TheCount
07-13-2016, 07:58 AM
I predict half of the posts in this thread will be about how he needs to properly kiss the ring of His Orangeness or else he'll be powerless in the glorious alt-right utopia that will begin in January.

ProBlue33
07-13-2016, 08:21 AM
I predict half of the posts in this thread will be about how he needs to properly kiss the ring of His Orangeness or else he'll be powerless in the glorious alt-right utopia that will begin in January.

Nah, he doesn't have to yet, BUT if Trump annihilates Hillary in the general Reagan style, everybody is going to have to kiss the ring or be sidelined.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 08:33 AM

Rand continues to marginalize himself. I'm not sure his heart is really in to politics anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to ophthalmology in the next year or so and that is probably for the best. Time for a new generation of Liberty Politicians to take the reigns. Trump's victory is going to smash the existing political paradigm and open up huge opportunities for us to make electoral gains.

kahless
07-13-2016, 08:42 AM
Rand continues to marginalize himself. I'm not sure his heart is really in to politics anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to ophthalmology in the next year or so and that is probably for the best. Time for a new generation of Liberty Politicians to take the reigns. Trump's victory is going to smash the existing political paradigm and open up huge opportunities for us to make electoral gains.

I agree, since it is not like Rand could damage his Senate re-election by endorsing Trump or attending the convention. Trump is popular in KY and leads Hillary by 6+.

If anything Rand's stance on Trump may damage his re-election bid if it ends up being a close race.

juleswin
07-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Didn't Rand also skip the last convention?

robmpreston
07-13-2016, 08:57 AM

I'm confused. Why is skipping the convention marginalizing himself? If he attended, he'd be tying himself to an anti-liberty loser.

Donald Trump isn't going to win, and the last thing him winning would do is lead the way for liberty candidates.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I agree, since it is not like Rand could damage his Senate re-election by endorsing Trump or attending the convention. Trump is popular in KY and leads Hillary by 6+.

If anything Rand's stance on Trump may damage his re-election bid if it ends up being a close race.

I don't think it will effect his re-election one way or the other. Kentucky isn't going to elect a Democrat to Federal Office ever again. That ship has sailed.

But why not go to the convention and give a speech on foreign policy? Trump has basically provided Rand with the cover necessary to give a scathing denunciation of the neocons and everything they stand for and instead Rand sulks off to his corner to mope.

kahless
07-13-2016, 09:02 AM
I don't think it will effect his re-election one way or the other. Kentucky isn't going to elect a Democrat to Federal Office ever again. That ship has sailed.

But why not go to the convention and give a speech on foreign policy? Trump has basically provided Rand with the cover necessary to give a scathing denunciation of the neocons and everything they stand for and instead Rand sulks off to his corner to mope.

How do you go from running an educational campaign last year and when presented with the exposure of something like RNC convention, avoid it. If the Paul's are really about educating the masses the RNC convention would have been a place to do it.

Origanalist
07-13-2016, 09:04 AM

Who is this "us" you speak of? A trump victory advances populism and authoritarianism, not liberty.

torchbearer
07-13-2016, 09:07 AM
How do you go from running an educational campaign last year and when presented with the exposure of something like RNC convention, avoid it. If the Paul's are really about educating the masses the RNC convention would have been a place to do it.

Political activist and party insiders don't care to be educated. They already have a hard shell ideology. The mushy middle, the average Joe, is the person you reach with education.

And people who think Trump is pro-liberty are pro-stupid. The list of people who are reliable activist for liberty in this state has been reduced greatly. There are a number of people who will no longer be invited or counted on for future liberty projects. The can go worship the great Orangeness.

juleswin
07-13-2016, 09:10 AM

I see, so that what you thought his campaign was about? He did not running an education campaign and if that was what he was doing, he would have run a more purist campaign. He has officially placed his support for Trump and he has nothing to teach to the kind of people who did not listen to him during the debates by going to the convention. Those people will need to hit a low before anything can enter their heads and that low will come after the election is over.

Good strategy by endorsing Trump and also skipping the campaign. This way, if he wins, he can dis-invite Trump to his convention. Man can I dream :)

CaptUSA
07-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Smart move. Same with the endorsement of "I've always said I'll support the nominee" instead of using the name, Trump.

When this whole Trump thing comes crashing down (either before the election or after), you don't want to be tied to it. There are going to be lots of politicians sinking with that stone (Christie, Palin, etc.), Rand is smart to not be one of them.

Ender
07-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Sulks off to his corner.......... that's BS.

Rand is a smart cookie who is keeping his word while keeping his integrity.

Origanalist
07-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Sulks off to his corner.......... that's BS.

Rand is a smart cookie who is keeping his word while keeping his integrity.

What's he going to do? Give a "scathing denunciation" of the neo cons and then say Trump is the man to change all that? More hope and change, just a different color.

Tywysog Cymru
07-13-2016, 09:34 AM
Trump is popular in KY and leads Hillary by 6+

No, Trump is not popular here. The only reason that he won the Kentucky Caucus is because anti-Trump voters were split between three candidates. I remember people that some people were voting Cruz because they thought he had the best chance against Trump, and some thought Rubio did as well. Others thought that Kasich had the best chance of beating Trump due to the state's proximity to Ohio. Over 64% cast their ballot for someone else.

Trump leading Hillary by 6% is not something for his supporters to celebrate. Romney won the state by a similar margin as Obama won California (a lot more than 6%).

William Tell
07-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Delusional nonsense. Anyone who has been watching down ballot races knows the year of Trump has been the worst cycle for true liberty/anti-establishment candidates in recent memory. Trump's job is to destroy the liberty movement.

Brian4Liberty
07-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Is it some kind of requirement for every GOP member of Congress to attend the GOP convention? It's highly unlikely Rand has been offered a speaking spot, so if you aren't speaking, why go? There are other reasons to go, but Rand seems like he is happily married, so he wouldn't be interested in booze, coke and whores with lobbyists.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Political activist and party insiders don't care to be educated. They already have a hard shell ideology. The mushy middle, the average Joe, is the person you reach with education.

This is going to be the most watched political convention in the history of America. Rand dropped the ball, big time.

And people who think Trump is pro-liberty are pro-stupid. The list of people who are reliable activist for liberty in this state has been reduced greatly. There are a number of people who will no longer be invited or counted on for future liberty projects. The can go worship the great Orangeness.

Nobody thinks Trump himself is pro-liberty. He is however, very good for the liberty movement. Globalist are on the run. You can either take advantage of the environment Trump has helped create like Kelli Ward did last week when she directly accused John McCain of causing the rise of ISIS or you can go off to your corner and sulk. Taking advantage is better. My guess is Rand has checked out politically and this upcoming term will be his last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8PS0kRuOfs

jllundqu
07-13-2016, 09:41 AM

Bwaaaaahaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me spit my coffee out..... LMMFAO!!!! Trump a "Liberty Politician"... Rand should "step aside" LMAO!!!!!!!!

Tywysog Cymru
07-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Nobody thinks Trump himself is pro-liberty. He is however, very good for the liberty movement.

Trump supporters regularly mock libertarians as "losertarians." And, as William Tell pointed out, they vote downballot for establishment candidates. He calls for more taxes, more torture, and more government.

Jordan Liberty
07-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Didn't Rand also skip the last convention?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAAtrTM1v-c

WTLaw
07-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Total bullshit to think Rand is giving up by not going to the convention. What is he going to even do at the convention, if he isn't given a speaking slot (which he wont be, because Trump hates Rand and Rand hates Trump)...? What purpose?

To be asked awkward questions by the media about why Trump is awful? How is he going to answer those, having endorsed the nominee"..?Rand needs to control the message he sends right now, and the only way he can do that is by being pretty silent on Trump. Its a little like A Man For All Seasons, where Thomas More was trying to squeak by by not saying anything about Henry VIII and letting people just assume that he actually opposed him. In that case, opposing the king gets you executed, in this one, politically marginalized until November. But if, as a matter of principle, you cannot really assent to the king, then you do as Rand has done. Its a good job by him in bad circumstances.

PS, Trump is going to get killed in the electoral college. Rand only has to wait it out a few more months. All you Trump people can then f off, cause you sure arent libertarians.

CaptUSA
07-13-2016, 10:00 AM
Nobody thinks Trump himself is pro-liberty. He is however, very good for the liberty movement.

:rolleyes:

You would think that the more words these people type, the less they'd be able to convince themselves of the con they're buying. But no. That does not appear to be the case. They will do anything they can in their minds to convince themselves that Trump benefits liberty somehow. Amazing.

Trump is a really a master at playing to the fantasies of some people. Even if they catch on that it's a con, they STILL think he'll benefit them in some way.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Trump supporters regularly mock libertarians as "losertarians." And, as William Tell pointed out, they vote downballot for establishment candidates. He calls for more taxes, more torture, and more government.

Many Trump supporters voted for Ron Paul. Some of Trump's best districts in the primary race were in areas Ron Paul did the best in 2012. And with the "Libertarian" Party being represented by Gary Johnson and Bill Weld, it is pretty easy (and accurate!) to label them "Losertarians".

torchbearer
07-13-2016, 10:04 AM
Total bull$#@! to think Rand is giving up by not going to the convention. What is he going to even do at the convention, if he isn't given a speaking slot (which he wont be, because Trump hates Rand and Rand hates Trump)...? What purpose?

To be asked awkward questions by the media about why Trump is awful? How is he going to answer those, having endorsed the nominee"..?Rand needs to control the message he sends right now, and the only way he can do that is by being pretty silent on Trump. Its a little like A Man For All Seasons, where Thomas More was trying to squeak by by not saying anything about Henry VIII and letting people just assume that he actually opposed him. In that case, opposing the king gets you executed, in this one, politically marginalized until November. But if, as a matter of principle, you cannot really assent to the king, then you do as Rand has done. Its a good job by him in bad circumstances.

PS, Trump is going to get killed in the electoral college. Rand only has to wait it out a few more months. All you Trump people can then f off, cause you sure arent libertarians.

/thread

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 10:17 AM

Yup, just like in the GOP Primary when Trump was going to collapse by Christmas. You guys have a brilliant track record of success when it comes to predicting election results. And btw- latest poll (and this is Quinnipiac which has been generally favorable to Clinton in the past) has Trump up in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

ProBlue33
07-13-2016, 10:18 AM
There are other reasons to go, but Rand seems like he is happily married, so he wouldn't be interested in booze, coke and whores with lobbyists.

LOL, so that's what happens at the RNC

torchbearer
07-13-2016, 10:20 AM
LOL, so that's what happens at the RNC

only in the box seats.

Tywysog Cymru
07-13-2016, 10:24 AM
Many Trump supporters voted for Ron Paul. Some of Trump's best districts in the primary race were in areas Ron Paul did the best in 2012. And with the "Libertarian" Party being represented by Gary Johnson and Bill Weld, it is pretty easy (and accurate!) to label them "Losertarians".

Trump supporters were doing this long before the Libertarian convention. They mocked libertarians for being concerned with the constitution and limited government.

Yup, just like in the GOP Primary when Trump was going to collapse by Christmas. You guys have a brilliant track record of success when it comes to predicting election results. And btw- latest poll (and this is Quinnipiac which has been generally favorable to Clinton in the past) has Trump up in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

Other polls show Trump behind, and sometimes by a lot.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-swing-the-election/

This isn't perfect, but it shows you the difficulty of Trump winning the election. Trump will win less of the Hispanic vote than Romney and Hispanic turnout will increase. Meanwhile, many conservatives will refuse to vote for Trump, cancelling any gains he makes with white working-class Democrats.

WTLaw
07-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Okie dokie. We will see. But when your glorious leader loses, and then compliments Hillary effusively during is concession speech, be sure to delete your account here.

I will do the same if the asshole somehow wins. Cause liberty will be dead.

07-13-2016, 10:34 AM
If I were a politician I wouldn't touch this convention with a ten foot pole either.

When Trump suffers a loss for the history books, everyone who endorsed him will be tainted.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2016, 10:38 AM
This isn't perfect, but it shows you the difficulty of Trump winning the election. Trump will win less of the Hispanic vote than Romney and Hispanic turnout will increase. Meanwhile, many conservatives will refuse to vote for Trump, cancelling any gains he makes with white working-class Democrats.

Again, latest polls (from polling outfits that have tended to understate Trump support in the past) have Trump up in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Iowa. That translates to a worst case scenario Trump victory of 279-259. My guess is Trump wins Nevada, Virginia, New Hampshire, and Colorado too by the time he gets done with Hillary and the final tally is actually Trump 311-227.

WTLaw
07-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Ok, Dick Morris.

By the way, nice John Wilkes Booth picture. Makes you look really cool. Useless, useless.

TheCount
07-13-2016, 10:54 AM
Many Trump supporters voted for Ron Paul.

Not for liberty reasons.

Chester Copperpot
07-13-2016, 11:01 AM
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/rand-paul-skip-rnc-convention/

I think Rand is hedging his bets with this move, if Trump loses, he had enough distance, if he wins, he can say he did his duty and supported the nominee of the party, he is smart. Rand can easily switch gears and say democracy has spoken and the will of the people must be supported AFTER the election.
He will be newly re-elected himself with a fresh mandate as well.

AGREED.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 11:06 AM
This is going to be the most watched political convention in the history of America. Rand dropped the ball, big time.

People will be tuning in to engage in schadenfreude. For Trump supporters who don't know what that word means- they are not laughing with you, they are laughing at you.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 11:08 AM
If I were a politician I wouldn't touch this convention with a ten foot pole either.

When Trump suffers a loss for the history books, everyone who endorsed him will be tainted.

That's why he can only get people like Gingrich, Mike Pence, Christie as a running mate. People whose political careers are already effectively over.

devil21
07-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Aside from the political points already posted, there's very good chances that things will go very sideways during the RNC re:BLM, protests, etc. Not a place to be hanging around without a very specific purpose for attending.

AuH20
07-13-2016, 01:00 PM

Trump was supposed to drop out right before Iowa, but suddenly changed his mind. :)

ChristianAnarchist
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM
What's he going to do? Give a "scathing denunciation" of the neo cons and then say Trump is the man to change all that? More hope and change, just a different color.

Yeah, orange...

Leaning Libertarian
07-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Just trying to picture it in my mind. Trump is announced as the Republican candidate for the General election. He comes out on stage alone. Trump gives a "Make America Great Again" speech, as he speaks of destroying Hillary in the General election. Trump then states although there were many serious candidates considered, he narrowed down his VP running mate to the ultimate selection of Rand Paul. There is a big screen in back of Trump highlighting on him. It then goes to split screen mode showing Trump on the Left box with Rand Paul and his family on the right. Trump gives a brief explanation saying Rand couldn't be here tonight, as he has been busy spreading our message in Town-hall meetings throughout his home state of Kentucky. Rand then gives his acceptance speech as the VP nominee.

Likely, it won't go anything like this at all, but it's my daydream convention....

Jamesiv1
07-13-2016, 03:49 PM
A Trump victory will release Liberty from the grinding shackles of statism, and finally America will join the chorus of Freedom ringing from sea to shining sea.

It will be glorious.

kahless
07-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Hmmm...

I stand by those observations. Like I said when a candidate you support is going in the wrong direction the supporters should point it out to get the candidate back on track.

Peace&Freedom
07-13-2016, 04:19 PM
Rand could have set himself up for a future run by attending the con, and giving a stirring, hi-profile speech (decrying the interventionism of the Obama/Hillary foreign policy, attacking globalist trade deals, supporting the anti-establishment dynamic, etc) to show he was repositioning his stance so as to be able to reach more voters in 2020 or 2024. This is a missed opportunity.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 04:23 PM
I stand by those observations. Like I said when a candidate you support is going in the wrong direction the supporters should point it out to get the candidate back on track.

Those are things you should have been taking to the campaign, not harping on it over and over on a pubic support board. There's nothing wrong with expressing concern, but expressing "concern" should be done in the spin, chaff and flak forum.

nikcers
07-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Rand could have set himself up for a future run by attending the con, and giving a stirring, hi-profile speech (decrying the interventionism of the Obama/Hillary foreign policy, attacking globalist trade deals, supporting the anti-establishment dynamic, etc) to show he was repositioning his stance so as to be able to reach more voters in 2020 or 2024. This is a missed opportunity.

Was Rand Paul even invited? In 2011 we bought all the lawyers we could afford and still couldn't get a speaking spot. I could make a lot of arguments why Ron Paul should of spoke in 2011 he ran all the way until the convention selling the republican party to people like me.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 04:27 PM

The party is going to come down hard on anyone connected to Trump trying to run for president in 2020. Ted Cruz may find this out the hard way.

kahless
07-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Those are things you should have been taking to the campaign, not harping on it over and over on a pubic support board. There's nothing wrong with expressing concern, but expressing "concern" should be done in the spin, chaff and flak forum.

Your reply is truly unbelievable and you are again outright misrepresenting my posting history. The level of censorship you continue to advocate in a liberty forum is astounding.

The concern I expressed was constructive and no different than input commonly posted in this discussion forum.

Bryan is already deleting my posts and yours yet you continue down this road of false accusations. Unbelievable.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 04:48 PM

Yup. He likely could have given a speech and had one hell of a lot more time than he had when he gave a speech when Mitt won the nomination.

I've not seen anything like this before. If it had been Bush or Kasich, would he have shown up? I'm pretty sure the rest would have. Unfortunately, in addition to being a missed opportunity it gives the perception that he is with the establishment. I know he isn't, but I think it's going to make others think so.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 04:50 PM

RAND IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT ANY LONGER and given that this is not Rand's subforum, people are free to give their opinions.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 04:58 PM
RAND IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT ANY LONGER and given that this is not Rand's subforum, people are free to give their opinions.

Rad has an active campaign for Senate reelection, if you want to go in there and snap at people, do it in spin, chaff and flak.

kahless
07-13-2016, 05:04 PM

You missed it, there are like 20 posts now deleted from this thread, about 10 were mine. CPUd took issue with my educational campaign post and broke guidelines. Regardless I thought wrote a well meaning lengthy reply about the state of public opinion and why Rand lost to Trump, what he could have done different and why I believed he then ran an educational campaign. Of course she continued, I then broke guidelines which pissed the clique off, now it is all gone, lol.

No doubt the same people that can't handle a discussion demanded 20+ posts get deleted. Typical day on RPF with supposed lovers of liberty demanding mod censorship.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Rad has an active campaign for Senate reelection, if you want to go in there and snap at people, do it in spin, chaff and flak.

I'm only snapping at you.

Bryan
07-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Keep in on topic and civil. Thanks.

The Rebel Poet
07-13-2016, 05:25 PM

You would think that the more words these people type, the less they'd be able to convince themselves of the con they're buying. But no. That does not appear to be the case. They will do anything they can in their minds to convince themselves that Trump benefits liberty somehow. Amazing.

Trump is a really a master at playing to the fantasies of some people. Even if they catch on that it's a con, they STILL think he'll benefit them in some way.
Agent Orange rots the brain.

nikcers
07-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Yup. He likely could have given a speech and had one hell of a lot more time than he had when he gave a speech when Mitt won the nomination.

I've not seen anything like this before. If it had been Bush or Kasich, would he have shown up? I'm pretty sure the rest would have. Unfortunately, in addition to being a missed opportunity it gives the perception that he is with the establishment. I know he isn't, but I think it's going to make others think so.

I don't know if this has been answered before, but was Rand Paul invited?

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:28 PM

He didn't need an invitation to attend.

Ender
07-13-2016, 05:28 PM
You missed it, there are like 20 posts now deleted from this thread, about 10 were mine. CPUd took issue with my educational campaign post and broke guidelines. Regardless I thought wrote a well meaning lengthy reply about the state of public opinion and why Rand lost to Trump, what he could have done different and why I believed he then ran an educational campaign. Of course she continued, I then broke guidelines which pissed the clique off, now it is all gone, lol.

No doubt the same people that can't handle a discussion demanded 20+ posts get deleted. Typical day on RPF with supposed lovers of liberty demanding mod censorship.

I didn't demand it- so no accusations please.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Agent Orange rots the brain.

Is it really necessary to be insulting?

juleswin
07-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Is it really necessary to be insulting?

Stated differently, "Is it necessary to be politically incorrect?"

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:33 PM

"these people"? Do you mean forum members who, given Rand has dropped out of the race, plan on voting for Trump? Those people?

Tell me, are you saying the same thing to Johnson/Weld supporters on this site? If not, why not?

nikcers
07-13-2016, 05:38 PM
He didn't need an invitation to attend.

That doesn't mean he was invited to speak. He can't just take the mic wearing a conservative lives matter shirt and talk about anything he wants. Even if they did agree to let him speak they would probably provide him with the speech, or make him submit it for approval in advance.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:39 PM
Stated differently, "Is it necessary to be politically incorrect?"

I think you mean the opposite.. politically-correct and no it isn't. However, insinuating other forum members have rotted brains isn't about being politically-correct, or even arguing a point of substance. It's about being rude. Here would be another example.... The people who tend to make such posts tend to be people who lack the mental acuity to formulate a coherent post, so they sink to simpleminded insults.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 05:42 PM
That doesn't mean he was invited to speak. He can't just take the mic wearing a conservative lives matter shirt and talk about anything he wants. Even if they did agree to let him speak they would probably provide him with the speech, or make him submit it for approval in advance.

Do you mean like he had to do when he spoke at Romney's coronation?

nikcers
07-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Do you mean like he had to do when he spoke at Romney's coronation?

Was he up for re-election?

The Rebel Poet
07-13-2016, 06:01 PM
I think you mean the opposite.. politically-correct and no it isn't. However, insinuating other forum members have rotted brains isn't about being politically-correct, or even arguing a point of substance. It's about being rude. Here would be another example.... The people who tend to make such posts tend to be people who lack the mental acuity to formulate a coherent post, so they sink to simpleminded insults.
This is very ironic coming from you. You constantly are rude to members who dare to question Trump. You call us cucks, and say we hate white people, and that we are "foaming at the mouth," and are full of hate, and call us secret Hillary supporters. You recently said every post I make is weak. Was that "necessary"? Was that arguing a point of substance? Maybe when you worry about the plank in your eye someone will take you seriously. How can you trump supporters be so sensitive, yet so rude?

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 06:02 PM
This is very ironic coming from you. You constantly are rude to members who dare to question Trump. You call us cucks,
I have NEVER called anyone a cuck on here. NEVER. I do not even know what it means.

and say we hate white people,
Huh? Who is "we"?

and that we are "foaming at the mouth," and are full of hate,
The only time I recall ever saying, "foaming at the mouth" was way back before Bryan bought the forum and when a little gang was running around here beating anyone who dared to say they might vote for Trump, up side the head.

and call us secret Hillary supporters.
The only "us" I recall are those who either said they had supported Hillary in a post, or another who voted for Hillary in a public poll. So, pretty good guess, no?

You recently said every post I make is weak.
That would infer that every post you make is to insult someone. Is that what you are saying you do?

Was that "necessary"? Was that arguing a point of substance?
Yes, I think it was necessary. Because at least it possibly made you pause and think about what you have been doing.

Maybe when you worry about the plank in your eye someone will take you seriously. How can you trump supporters be so sensitive, yet so rude?
I think you have selective vision. It's been pretty a pretty non-stop insult fest against members here who dare to admit they are voting for Trump. The funny thing is, that well over 90 percent of the threads started about Trump have been by a self-proclaimed Trump-hater. And I would venture to say that the same percentage of less than negative posts about Trump have been to correct a lie posted here about one of his positions. So, to say you guys are causing the vast majority of the Trump drama, not to mention Trump posts in general, around here is an understatement.

ChristianAnarchist
07-13-2016, 06:04 PM

Don't think anyone "demanded" it. Stop thinking you are important enough for someone to take the time to bother the mods... You need more -rep...

The Rebel Poet
07-13-2016, 06:26 PM
That would infer that every post you make is to insult someone. Is that what you are saying you do?
Considering that neg rep was on my post in the linguistics thread, that implies it was either a retaliatory neg rep, or you thought my post about proto-world language was made just to insult someone. Stop deflecting.

kahless
07-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Stop thinking you are important enough for someone to take the time to bother the mods... You need more -rep...

I know this for a fact. This censorship crap due to "complaints" from certain people has been going on for awhile so shut your pie hole rather than post about something you know nothing about.

CPUd also boasted about the last time she reported me where I got banned in this very thread. The post was above yours before it got deleted.

Posted this yesterday in site suggestions which describes why.

....They insult and mock other members driving them eventually to the point of getting out of line back. They wait for that so they then can report it to the mods which is of course all the mods see without the time to research the mountain of prior poor behavior on their part (which is understandable).

They also will then come in to categories like this and make suggestions about forum members behavior and banning this or that to provide cover.

If you want to know why posting here is light and a failure to bring in new members these days you can attribute to those tactics. Not to forget to mention the continuing derailing of threads. It is the oldest tricks in the book to destroy forums and back in the day Usenet groups.

That has been CPUd's pattern of behavior for the last year. The difference between me and the offenders is I never report anyone since I believe in free speech.

William Tell
07-13-2016, 06:47 PM
No, he was not invited to speak. He has no reason to go.

kahless
07-13-2016, 07:03 PM
I can confirm some of this to.

You constantly are rude to members

Every time I see your handle, I think oh the rude guy. Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

You call us cucks

You display the cuck mentality with other forum members. I do not believe I have ever replied to any of your posts but any disagreement I have with anyone else you are in my neg rep panel. In fact you took the time to neg rep me the "Site suggestion" post that I quoted in the post above yesterday.

and say we hate white people, and that we are "foaming at the mouth," and are full of hate, and call us secret Hillary supporters.

You completely disallow any form of discussion on Conservatism or Trump and respond with your vile hate. I had not even mentioned Trump in my last few threads yet you neg rep me with Trump insults. I would say the many neg reps I have received from you constitute being "full of hate" and "foaming at the mouth".

You recently said every post I make is weak. Was that "necessary"? Was that arguing a point of substance? Maybe when you worry about the plank in your eye someone will take you seriously. How can you trump supporters be so sensitive, yet so rude?

The first thing I think of when I see your handle and this has been for awhile now that your entire purpose of posting on these forums is to insult people. I am not just talking about the reps I am talking about your posting history.

nikcers
07-13-2016, 07:19 PM
No, he was not invited to speak. He has no reason to go.

Oh so he isn't even a delegate then? I thought he was a delegate for some reason, must be a different Kentuckian i'm thinking of.. I was just thinking how funny it would be if Trumps delegates don't even show up. I mean we paid people to show up basically because no one has 5 grand extra to drop on a trip to Cleveland especially if they don't support Trump.

The Rebel Poet
07-13-2016, 07:32 PM
You completely disallow any form of discussion on Conservatism or Trump and respond with your vile hate. I had not even mentioned Trump in my last few threads yet you neg rep me with Trump insults. I would say the many neg reps I have received from you constitute being "full of hate" and "foaming at the mouth".
Sorry that my having an opinion disallows you from discussing Trump. Are the plus reps I've given you (including one just yesterday) also full of hate?

AuH20
07-13-2016, 07:49 PM
A Trump victory will release Liberty from the grinding shackles of statism, and finally America will join the chorus of Freedom ringing from sea to shining sea.

It will be glorious.

A Trump victory will send the globalists scurrying back into their dark crevices like cockroaches. The unitary executive model was specifically designed for a loyal globalist to utilize as opposed to a former casino grifter with nationalistic tendencies. They might even try to accelerate their plans in desperation.

William Tell
07-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Oh so he isn't even a delegate then? I thought he was a delegate for some reason, must be a different Kentuckian i'm thinking of.. I was just thinking how funny it would be if Trumps delegates don't even show up. I mean we paid people to show up basically because no one has 5 grand extra to drop on a trip to Cleveland especially if they don't support Trump.

He is a delegate, a lot of office holders are made delegates by the party. Like any other delegate, that doesn't mean he gets a speaking slot.

ChaosControl
07-13-2016, 08:22 PM
I dont blame him. Unless he was going to make a play for the nomination in the case the delegates are unbound I see no reason to go. Yeah a speech can be helpful but I am not sure it would really build his profile when it is given during the nomination of a toxic candidate like Trump.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2016, 08:34 PM
Considering that neg rep was on my post in the linguistics thread, that implies it was either a retaliatory neg rep, or you thought my post about proto-world language was made just to insult someone. Stop deflecting.

Not deflecting at all. Merely answering your rude as all hell post accusing me of calling you names that I never did. Yet, instead of apologizing, you deflect with this. Sad, really.

ChristianAnarchist
07-13-2016, 08:50 PM
I know this for a fact. This censorship crap due to "complaints" from certain people has been going on for awhile so shut your pie hole rather than post about something you know nothing about.

CPUd also boasted about the last time she reported me where I got banned in this very thread. The post was above yours before it got deleted.

Posted this yesterday in site suggestions which describes why.

That has been CPUd's pattern of behavior for the last year. The difference between me and the offenders is I never report anyone since I believe in free speech.

Never contacted a "mod" in the many years I've been here and have no reason to now. I post a very small volume here unlike some of you who seem to spend all day here but in my opinion what's driving people away is whiners who keep crying about how unfair people are treating them (mostly while they are harping on some popular tyrants positions). I come here to put my two cents worth in an effort to counter the statists who seem to be posting a hundred posts a day pushing their favorite goonerment programs (like walls, goonerment goons to remove humans who are considered "illegal" even though there's ZERO authority in the "constitution" they believe in to do so).

You statists claim we are some kind of "organized" effort against you but I never talk to anyone about what I will post here. Many of us believe in LIBERTY so we post in a similar mindset (and LIBERTY is what this board is here for).

Whine and cry about "censorship" if you will. The board is private property and I don't have any control over what the mods do and I NEVER have contacted them to further my positions or arguments... (or for anything else)

kahless
07-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Never contacted a "mod" in the many years I've been here and have no reason to now. I post a very small volume here unlike some of you who seem to spend all day here but in my opinion what's driving people away is whiners who keep crying about how unfair people are treating them (mostly while they are harping on some popular tyrants positions). I come here to put my two cents worth in an effort to counter the statists who seem to be posting a hundred posts a day pushing their favorite goonerment programs (like walls, goonerment goons to remove humans who are considered "illegal" even though there's ZERO authority in the "constitution" they believe in to do so).

You statists claim we are some kind of "organized" effort against you but I never talk to anyone about what I will post here. Many of us believe in LIBERTY so we post in a similar mindset (and LIBERTY is what this board is here for).

Whine and cry about "censorship" if you will. The board is private property and I don't have any control over what the mods do and I NEVER have contacted them to further my positions or arguments... (or for anything else)

wtf is your point then since I never accused you of anything or was even referring to you in my posts. Your whole point was to call me out as liar to stick your nose where it did not belong in an effort to jump on the CPUd bandwagon. Like I said shut your f**ing pie hole rather than stick your nose into something you know nothing about.

nikcers
07-13-2016, 09:17 PM
He is a delegate, a lot of office holders are made delegates by the party. Like any other delegate, that doesn't mean he gets a speaking slot.

Thanks for the clarification, I just was more confused whether or not he would have to be at the convention to be a delegate and do delegate things. I guess I don't really know much about what is involved in the process because I have never made it that far. I might of made it that far if I would of dressed up nicer when I caucused last time. That's something that they don't tell you when you go vote at a caucus, that you have to stay and play the game if you want to have any influence.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 09:20 PM
wtf is your point then since I never accused you of anything or was even referring to you in my posts. Your whole point was to call me out as liar to stick your nose where it did not belong in an effort to jump on the bandwagon. Like I said shut your f**ing pie hole rather than stick your nose into something you know nothing about.

^^ this is a perfect example of the type of hate that has infected this site as of late.

People please go outside and count to 10 before posting :)

CPUd
07-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification, I just was more confused whether or not he would have to be at the convention to be a delegate and do delegate things. I guess I don't really know much about what is involved in the process because I have never made it that far. I might of made it that far if I would of dressed up nicer when I caucused last time. That's something that they don't tell you when you go vote at a caucus, that you have to stay and play the game if you want to have any influence.

Delegates can decline to attend, that seat would go to an alternate.

kahless
07-13-2016, 09:30 PM
^^ this is a perfect example of the type of hate that has infected this site as of late.

People please go outside and count to 10 before posting :)

^Says the ring leader of thread derailment and forum destruction that started all this and then continued to restart that effort even after Bryan deleted 20 or so posts in this thread.

CPUd
07-13-2016, 09:32 PM
^Says the ring leader of thread derailment and forum destruction that started all this and then continued to restart that effort even after Bryan deleted 20 or so posts.

Sorry, I'm not the one who just told the creator of the Rand Paul Liberty Corvette to go shut his fucking pie hole.

http://i64.tinypic.com/117v88k.jpg

Ender
07-13-2016, 09:38 PM

LIBERTY is my main mindset. I personally don't care who people vote for, although I would love to see a majority elect a candidate that believes in freedom.

What I do care about is all the insults and innuendos; I'm the type to stick up for the underdog when I THINK SOMETHING IS UNFAIR OR OVER THE TOP, SO I SEEM TO RATTLE A FEW CAGES.

Maybe. :D

kahless
07-13-2016, 09:39 PM
Sorry, I'm not the one who just told the creator of the Rand Paul Liberty Corvette to go shut his fucking pie hole.

That is irrelevant. It does not give him a license to spread false accusations and be a dick to other forum members.

As usual I come here make a few posts and say nothing that should warrant the attacks from you and your buddies. Seems there are several people here that are going through allot of effort to ensure this forum is just for them and no one else.

Ender
07-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I'm not the one who just told the creator of the Rand Paul Liberty Corvette to go shut his $#@!ing pie hole.

http://i64.tinypic.com/117v88k.jpg

Really? ChristianAnarchist created the RP Liberty Corvette? Das cool!

nikcers
07-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Delegates can decline to attend, that seat would go to an alternate.
Makes sense what if the alternate doesn't show up? Will he still get his crown if there's no one around?

CPUd
07-13-2016, 10:38 PM
Makes sense what if the alternate doesn't show up? Will he still get his crown if there's no one around?

If no one is there, they wouldn't have a quorum.

cindy25
07-14-2016, 12:57 AM
Rand should be there. good place to make contacts for 2020/2024. and its so close to KY. Rand could be a moderating influence on Trump

RonPaulMall
07-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Rand should be there. good place to make contacts for 2020/2024. and its so close to KY. Rand could be a moderating influence on Trump

Given his performance in 2016, I think it is safe to say Rand is never going to run for President again. He just doesn't have the skill set for it. What he could be however, is a highly influential Senator and that's why skipping the convention is such a bad idea. Rand doesn't need to be a "moderating" influence on Trump- he needs to take Trump's pro-liberty positions on war and trade and radicalize them even further! The GOP Convention would be the perfect venue for Rand to restore the good will he lost during the campaign by giving a blistering speech denouncing Hillary's foreign policy and exposing the TPP for the Big Government sham that it is.

CPUd
07-14-2016, 02:09 AM
Tentative schedule:

https://i.imgur.com/vXihHHT.jpg

LibertyEagle
07-14-2016, 05:25 AM
Sorry, I'm not the one who just told the creator of the Rand Paul Liberty Corvette to go shut his $#@!ing pie hole.

How does a car give someone special rights? Please explain.

openfire
07-14-2016, 05:41 AM

http://front-free.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/WeeBeyWire1.gif

openfire
07-14-2016, 05:48 AM

Appeal to sweet ride fallacy. Common mistake among the young and dumb... which I admittedly took full advantage of as a teen - is that wrong?

ChristianAnarchist
07-14-2016, 07:11 AM
That is irrelevant. It does not give him a license to spread false accusations and be a dick to other forum members.

As usual I come here make a few posts and say nothing that should warrant the attacks from you and your buddies. Seems there are several people here that are going through allot of effort to ensure this forum is just for them and no one else.

You have such a victim complex. I've never called you names or even mentioned you by name but I did give you -rep for your aggressive and dismissive comments (which you deserved). You then choose to -rep me (surprise). I only "know" personally a couple of people on this board and none of them are involved here so this idea that we (whoever "we" are) are ganging up against you or trying to have your posts removed is nothing but your own wild imaginations. I really pay ZERO attention to you or your other trumpsters but when I see ANYONE making comments that I think are wrong I have a mission to "correct" them when I can...

AtlantaIconoclast
07-14-2016, 08:22 AM
If Rand could attend the coronation of Romney, why can't he attend the Donald's convention? Rand is such an arrogant person. He is hurting himself and the cause of liberty by alienating himself from the Trump movement. He will have very little influence with the Trump administration given this behavior. No one is saying he had to go and praise Trump, but boycotting the convention now seems out of spite. When Rand was kissing up to Romney, kissing the wailing wall, "standing with Israel," we were always told that Rand was just playing chess, so why doesn't he continue to play the game now that it's clear Trump will be the nominee?

Ender
07-14-2016, 08:24 AM

Why does supporting Trump give one special privileges? I'll go for the car.

Ender
07-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Appeal to sweet ride fallacy. Common mistake among the young and dumb... which I admittedly took full advantage of as a teen - is that wrong?

I thought it was a guy-thing.

Maybe we're young and dumb forever- OK by me. ;)

kahless
07-14-2016, 08:46 AM
You have such a victim complex. I've never called you names or even mentioned you by name but I did give you -rep for your aggressive and dismissive comments (which you deserved). You then choose to -rep me (surprise). I only "know" personally a couple of people on this board and none of them are involved here so this idea that we (whoever "we" are) are ganging up against you or trying to have your posts removed is nothing but your own wild imaginations. I really pay ZERO attention to you or your other trumpsters but when I see ANYONE making comments that I think are wrong I have a mission to "correct" them when I can...

I did not post in this thread to CPUd and did not make any insults to her, you or anyone else. Then CPUd as usual, whenever I post here starts with the insults back to back and as usual I ignore her - do not return them. When and if I finally do get around to simply saying what I believe her insults demonstrate you and others as usual make a white knight effort like a bunch of cucks and stick your nose in where it does not belong. Then as usual everything I post even the stuff that has nothing that can be considered as insulting gets deleted - censored and I get warned by the mods. FACT.

Where was my defense with the repeated unwarranted insults ever time I try to post here? This not only happens to me it happens to any new people or casual members that do not usually post here to dissuade them from ever posting here again. It fits a pattern and you are backing it up to make it impossible to expand the movement here and have discussions without insults.

Your representation of my posting history, what actually happened and the fact you continue to down this route to perpetuate this behavior demonstrates you are part of the problem with this forum. You do a disservice to the Pauls and this forum.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Try to stay on topic everyone. Talking about each other and yourselves is not on topic.

CPUd
07-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Tentative schedule:

https://i.imgur.com/vXihHHT.jpg

LOL Tebow says he had no idea he was scheduled to speak at the RNC:
https://www.facebook.com/TimTebow/videos/500296036836329/

twomp
07-14-2016, 11:32 PM
A Trump victory will send the globalists scurrying back into their dark crevices like cockroaches. The unitary executive model was specifically designed for a loyal globalist to utilize as opposed to a former casino grifter with nationalistic tendencies. They might even try to accelerate their plans in desperation.

Yeah and all the neo-cons will quit from congress. Murdoch will give away FOX news to Ron Paul. All the bankers will give away their money and influence. The military industrial complex will stop making weapons and make plastic hearts and flowers. Champagne will fall from the heavens.... talk about delusional....

The Rebel Poet
07-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Yeah and all the neo-cons will quit from congress. Murdoch will give away FOX news to Ron Paul. All the bankers will give away their money and influence. The military industrial complex will stop making weapons and make plastic hearts and flowers. Champagne will fall from the heavens.... talk about delusional....
Reminds me of a poem I wrote:

When Trump is elected,
The flags we hug will be gold plated,
And the national anthem will he more on key.
The money will be 3D printed,
And the national debt will pay us.

When Trump is President,
The water will be cleaner,
And the food will taste less like chicken.
The peaceniks will be peacier,
and the wars will be way cooler.

When Trump is the CEO of US,
The stock market will be a charity,
And the casinos will let you win.
The elevator music will be exciting,
And the death metal relaxing.

When Trump is King,
The factories will pay better,
And they will not be allowed out of the country,
The dinosaurs will come back from the grave,
And the birds will evolve new features.

When Trump is Emperor,
There will be no more famines,
And no more hurricanes.
There will be no more death,
And no more tears.

Badger Paul
07-15-2016, 06:03 AM
If you didn't have You Tube would you even remember what Rand said in the last convention four years ago? Something about his Cambodian baker? It's not like he's a great orator.

Either way Rand has no reason to go, either to validate Trump or give a speech I would imagine even most delegates would probably ignore anyways and certainly wouldn't be in prime time or even broadcast during proceedings itself. The networks would probably have some talking heads on while he was giving it.

The fact Rand's talking about term limits tells me this is his last term, he knows the game is up. The remnant of the Ron Paul Revolution basically has a choice: It can accept the fact the authoritarian Republican Party ultimately doesn't want them or want them running the party and go LP or quietly go away by sitting in the back seat of the GOP. There's no question Trump initiated an upheaval within the party but one would be mad to think it would benefit the Liberty Movement in some fashion. Trump voters aren't interested in the Constitution or non-interventionism or what-have-you. What they want is a sense of order, stability, security, in their own lives and the country's that in many cases incongruent to liberty. That what his voters came out of the woodwork for, because they finally had a candidate who expressed what they wanted. Sure there's some overlap in different places (anti-crony capitalism for example, anti-globalism), but overall the two are simply incompatible. The GOP platform is a good example of this. Trump says a lot but that doesn't mean his government will operate in the fashion his fans expect it to, and chances are it will be dominated by the same GOP-flunkie types who got people upset enough to vote for him in the first place.

Bottom line is it should have been Rand's upheaval and it wasn't. He blew it and there's no rescue for it other than outside the Republican Party (because if Trump loses it will be the Cruz crowd running around screaming "Trump wasn't conservative enough!" controlling things in 2020.

WTLaw
07-17-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm just gonna post this as if I were a drone flying over yemen, in other words drop these few points and then move on.

1. To the person that said that Rand needs to be there to gain influence on the Trump administration, I guess he is thinking that there will be no Trump administration. And so, his job for the next 4 years will be playing defense against Hillary. I think this is the correct calculation.

2. Look at the list of speakers. Who on that list is pro-liberty? I mean besides Tebow, lol. He is the best of the lot, just cause I don't know what he thinks about anything other than abortion and SEC football. Doesn't that list tell you something? Tom Cotton, right off the bat. Look at those losers. Sad.

3. I am not part of the never-kayless crowd, or the never-liberty eagle crowd, because they just arent that important. Actually, that is why I doubt there is a movement against those posters. I do, however, wonder why the hell they are here. They dont fit in. This is a board devoted to pursuing liberty, not nationalism and crony capitalism. So, I dont know. But look on the bright side, they will be gone in like 4 months.

4. Where next after that? Who knows, but the demographics are still in our favor. By which, I mean very respectfully, that the average fox news guzzling, rush listening, GOP voters are all old and are going to die and be replaced by more liberty oriented folks. Still, the GOP will probably be a lesser opposition party for a while, and we are going to see the USSC get ganked. But, eventually, there will be a market for those who have sense politically.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2016, 10:04 AM
3. I am not part of the never-kayless crowd, or the never-liberty eagle crowd, because they just arent that important. Actually, that is why I doubt there is a movement against those posters. I do, however, wonder why the hell they are here. They dont fit in.
Sure used to. I think that says far more about the current members of the board than it does me.

This is a board devoted to pursuing liberty,
My guess is that you want a libertarian forum, or perhaps a runner up to CPUSA.

not nationalism
Since when is caring about your own nation a bad thing? I know, I know... when the commies twisted all reason and stuffed their propaganda BS down American kiddies throats. Caring about your own well-being, your family, your neighbors, your countrymen and your nation, in that order, is called being sane. I do indeed put this above some one-world government globalist hogwash. Which, by the way, is where your masters are trying to take us.

and crony capitalism.
Seeing as I am the one against all the "free trade" (i.e. crony as all hell capitalist) deals, including the Trans Pacific Partnership, I'm not the one advocating crony capitalism. That would be those who advocate for those deals. What I do believe though, is that if we are not going to totally get rid of them and their international ruling bodies, which is what I would prefer be done, I strongly believe that the agreements should be such that they are at least operating under the same trading rules as those whom we have the agreement with. To not do so would be the epitomy of stupidity. Unless you are just dying to see the nation finish croaking.

So, I dont know. But look on the bright side, they will be gone in like 4 months.
Since I have been here since '07, probably not going to happen. But, you can dream.

4. Where next after that? Who knows, but the demographics are still in our favor. By which, I mean very respectfully, that the average fox news guzzling, rush listening, GOP voters are all old and are going to die and be replaced by more liberty oriented folks. Still, the GOP will probably be a lesser opposition party for a while, and we are going to see the USSC get ganked. But, eventually, there will be a market for those who have sense politically.
You think you are that, eh? Ok, ok, Bryan, I won't say it.