PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Police Chief: "We're Asking the Cops To Do Too Much in This Country

CaptUSA
07-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Finally! Some sanity. (even if he's not totally grasping what he's saying.)

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/11/dallas-police-chief-were-asking-cops-to-do-too-much-in-this-country/

Yep. The root of the problem is not the police, but the "laws" we are asking them to enforce.

LibertyEagle
07-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Yeah, he's on a recruitment drive. Police in Dallas have been quitting in droves under his "leadership". Apparently, he's pretty bad.

AuH20
07-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Absolutely. Cops and teachers are expected to be miracle workers, after a serious cultural and societal rot.

CaptUSA
07-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Absolutely. Cops and teachers are expected to be miracle workers, after a serious cultural and societal rot.

Nothing creates a cultural or societal rot like removing fathers from the equation. Either by picking them up and putting them in cages or through entitlement incentives.

And it ain't the postal workers complicit in that travesty.

CaptUSA
07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Yeah, he's on a recruitment drive. Police in Dallas have been quitting in droves under his "leadership". Apparently, he's pretty bad.I don't know enough about him to make an informed comment, but if they're really quitting in droves I think he deserves some credit.

liveandletlive
07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
the cops have to keep busy...they gotta arrest more people for overtime pay. some cops however are very lenient and reasonable.

I was once caught smoking marijuana and the cop simply took my stuff and tossed it down a sewage drain! Then let me off!

Contumacious
07-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Finally! Some sanity. (even if he's not totally grasping what he's saying.)

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/11/dallas-police-chief-were-asking-cops-to-do-too-much-in-this-country/

Yep. The root of the problem is not the police, but the "laws" we are asking them to enforce.

Exactly.

It was intended for the US to be a FREE COUNTRY

but it has deteriorated into a POLICE STATE

prosecutors have, somehow, acquired the authority to indict a ham sandwich , everything is criminalized, everyone must be institutionalized.

AuH20
07-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Exactly.

prosecutors have, somehow, acquired the authority to indict a ham sandwich , everything is criminalized, everyone must be institutionalized.

People have become animals, which in turn has conveniently eased the progress towards a police state. Most of the country is on some type of drug, whether it be prescription or illegal. Once the moral compass and sense of personal responsibility goes, the police state fills the void.

CaptUSA
07-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Exactly.

Bastiat said that the purpose of law enforcement was an extension of individual rights. You have a right to protect your life liberty and property. As such, you have a right to employ an organization to assist you in defending those rights. Anything more than that, however, is the law perverted.

Contumacious
07-11-2016, 01:47 PM
People have become animals, which in turn has conveniently eased the progress towards a police state. Most of the country is on some type of drug, whether it be prescription or illegal. Once the moral compass and sense of personal responsibility goes, the police state fills the void.

WUT?

What kind of bull s h i t pretext is that?

Contumacious
07-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Bastiat said that the purpose of law enforcement was an extension of individual rights. You have a right to protect your life liberty and property. As such, you have a right to employ an organization to assist you in defending those rights. Anything more than that, however, is the law perverted.

Exactly. Stasi state.

phill4paul
07-11-2016, 04:30 PM
I've been asking that they do less for decades. But, what do I know.

LibertyEagle
07-11-2016, 04:33 PM
I don't know enough about him to make an informed comment, but if they're really quitting in droves I think he deserves some credit.

I doubt the non-criminal citizens of Dallas would agree with you. Perhaps you'd enjoy seeing Dallas turn into another Detroit?

You may want to check into the REASONS why they are leaving.

cajuncocoa
07-11-2016, 04:44 PM
//

CaptUSA
07-11-2016, 07:42 PM
I doubt the non-criminal citizens of Dallas would agree with you. Perhaps you'd enjoy seeing Dallas turn into another Detroit?

If their main purpose was to protect life, liberty, and property, I may agree with you. However, that has not been their main purpose for quite some time. If they'd call out their own members for their misdeeds on a regular basis, I may agree with you. But they don't. They close ranks. If they'd refuse to enforce "laws" that violate human rights, I may agree with you. But they don't and are complicit in imprisoning the highest percentage of "citizens" in the world.

So yeah, a few less cops? I don't see it as a problem. Perhaps they'll have to prioritize their enforcement. It seems the reasons they are leaving are based purely in their self-interests - not because their chief is making them arrest or fine too many people.

AuH20
07-11-2016, 07:59 PM
WUT?

What kind of bull s h i t pretext is that?

It's the harsh truth. Moral people need less government, which is what Benjamin Franklin emphasized. When people devolve into 4 legged beasts, the chains are easier to apply collectively, for the appearances of safety.

Ronin Truth
07-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Who's passing all those laws they're supposed to enforce?

Contumacious
07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
It's the harsh truth. Moral people need less government, which is what Benjamin Franklin emphasized. When people devolve into 4 legged beasts, the chains are easier to apply collectively, for the appearances of safety.

WHO determines who the "moral" people are? Who determines that people have devolved into 4 legged beasts?

muh_roads
07-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Yeah, he's on a recruitment drive. Police in Dallas have been quitting in droves under his "leadership". Apparently, he's pretty bad.

He's actually one of the best police chiefs in the country. He fires bad cops and publicly shames them on the facebook page when they deserve it. No other chief to my knowledge does that.

Maybe you are hearing he is bad from bad cops who got shit-canned.

jllundqu
07-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Dallas Chief made some cogent points. He's saying society is saddling police with stuff police shouldn't be involved in. Not enough drug treatment options? Let police handle it. Not enough mental health treatment options? Let the police handle it. Too many loose dogs running the streets? let the police handle it. 70% of black homes are single moms? Let the police pick up the slack.... It's compelling. Police should not be asked to clean up everything for a society and culture that has gone off the rails.

bunklocoempire
07-12-2016, 02:25 PM
WHO determines who the "moral" people are? Who determines that people have devolved into 4 legged beasts?

Thanks for asking.

NAP can certainly determine this. I can determine this.

I've recently had a nephew, a house guest, get in my face about the arts being cut before sports. He's still alive, because I am acutely aware of my own beast like nature, and I love my God and my wife. This is the third time we've met, and he's more of a beast than ever.

He's not a 23 year-old, he's more like two spoiled 11 1/2 year olds. Seeing the world in a very comfortable way, and getting a college "education", on a loan he and his parent co-signers will probably default on.

He's a four-legged beast pointing a gun in the face of his uncle and aunt, because his parents have chosen to not confront his beast like behavior. They actually continue to support this behavior, 'cause ya know, education. The parents are weak, proud, and scared. -that's the real reason. Easy "love".

A beast is ruled by fear, his parents have encouraged the fear and fed his vanity. The beast has no issue having a third party do his dirty work.

My nephew is pointing the gun at you as well, to finance his upscale vegetarian diet, various hair products, and other things necessary for him to pursue his "education".

Use NAP and make the call -or not.

This uncle, has done his best to suggest an easy path of truth and consistency to the beast-nephew. This is the last time I will house a beast, who is intent on ignoring his nature. About 20 days to go... I have made an impression. lol Beasts have been known to change, but it takes humility -not seeing any.:(:mad:

On topic:

I think those cops need a union...