PDA

View Full Version : Blimp... They want 600,000 Dollars total... to fly for 1 MONTH?? [Edit- is 400K]

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Edit: I was Wrong... its $400,000 totally Sorry for me mis-understanding.
================================================== ==============
They have already raised $220,000 But now they are saying they will need an additional $400,000 to fly it till January.....

ARE YOU GUYS FREAKING SERIOUS??

$600,000 For less than a month of Flight time...

I think these guys can seriously F-OFF

From their website:

"The blimp will fly!!
Thanks to everyone for your for support in reaching our first goal of $200,000, the blimp will fly for the Tea Party! As a next step, we need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st to keep the blimp in the air through the New Hampshire primaries. Please sponsor the full Ron Paul Blimp Tour now!
Buy a Timeshare of the Ron Paul Blimp

Imagine.. the mainstream media is mesmerized as the image of the Ron Paul blimp is"

NO...... I can Imagine 1,000's of 30 second commercials for that amount of money

The Ron Paul Blimp.... Good Idea.... WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

Why didn't they come out and say $600,000 to begin with?

Steve4RP
12-08-2007, 10:27 AM
I read it as $400,000 total, meaning and additional $180,000.

DJ RP
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Dude, it's up to you, if you would rather allocate your money into different projects you can do just that. There are many chip ins and many different ways to support Ron Paul. That's the beauty of the free-market of ideas.

brandon
the 400K includes the 200K already raised. So they only need an additional 200K by that date.

Then they will ask for more money....

Dorfsmith
I read it as $400,000 total, meaning and additional $180,000.

That's the way I understand it too.

pengieh
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
As a next step, we need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st to keep the blimp in the air through the New Hampshire primaries.

This:

e need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st

And This:

$400,000 in total

hawkeyenick
Did this guy even read the site?

fortilite
Is $400k so much more than $375k?

cero
12-08-2007, 10:30 AM
thats exactly what it meas

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes I read it, I guess I miss understood it

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 10:31 AM
shit if we already 200k, another 200k ain't so bad, especially considering it's us

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Is $400k so much more than $375k?

Yes. $25,000, which is 10K more than what others are trying to raise to run all these TV ads in Iowa.

www.operationnh.com

JacobLyles
12-08-2007, 10:33 AM
This is a known nay-sayer and troublemaker, just FYI.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:34 AM
shit if we already 200k, another 200k ain't so bad, especially considering it's us
What is your definition of "us"?

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:35 AM

I am a KNOWN NAYSAYER and TROUBLE MAKER??????????

[Admin - remove personal attack ]

I DO NOT NAY SAY-ANYTHING

I only make trouble with people that Screw me, or that are NAY-SAYING

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM

Me? :D:D:D

Let's see, Jacob. You signed up on 11/14 and have done what exactly?

JacobLyles
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM

You claim to have called up an Iowa newspaper reporter and called her a "bitch whore", I believe, for her reporting on Paul. People should not pay attention to any thread you start or believe anything you say.

ronpaulfan
Worst thread ever.

constitutional

Don't worry, you raised a valid question. I would have been outraged too if that was the truth. But it's not, and we all read are perceive things differently. :)

Unspun
12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
As a next step, we need to receive $400,000 in total sponsorships by December 21st

Please, stop trying to cause problems... if you don't like the idea don't donate to it. Simple as that.

JacobLyles
Me? :D:D:D

Let's see, Jacob. You signed up on 11/14 and have done what exactly?

On the forums, not much, in the real world, a good bit.

tmg19103
The "price" does seem to be going up. I was at first cautious about the blimp, and while I came around to be for it as a great promtional idea, I was still concerned about it being "for-profit".

The blimp guys need better disclosure on EXACT costs or there will be continued concern about this. I'm all for the blimp concept now, but those involved need to be more cautious in how they word things when asking for money and more open on where the money is going.

$400,000 is a lot of money. If it was broken down line item as to why it was needed when you ask for this much money, you would not get people up in a dander when you post seeking such a large sum for a "for-profit" operation.

If you only need another $200,000 or so, say that and outline where the money is going. That will make people comfortable.

If you need another $400,000 to get through N.H., then you REALLY have some explaining to do.

Pete Kay
Just edit your post and close the thread.

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
You claim to have called up an Iowa newspaper reporter and called her a "bitch whore", I believe, for her reporting on Paul. People should not pay attention to any thread you start or believe anything you say.

I called her a BITCH WHORE for NOT reporting on Paul.... but reporting on McCain and Tancredo

Get it right before you start to judge me....

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:40 AM

V4Vendetta raised some valid issues. One of them has been resolved.

Address the concerns, if you can. Don't attack the messenger.

steph3n
12-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I called her a BITCH WHORE for NOT reporting on Paul.... but reporting on McCain and Tancredo

really such is not needed in any case :) but we know this topic was just a misunderstanding in wording...

RonPaulCult
12-08-2007, 10:41 AM

Yeah classy move dude

That will get Ron Paul in the media

And positive remarks from the media on Ron Paul followers.

Thanks for your help

constitutional
12-08-2007, 10:42 AM
geez, why are we bringing up past disputes back people? Wise people don't.

LibertyEagle
Will everyone please stop this BS?! Including the foul language.

Do you realize how this makes us look to people lurking on this site. INCLUDING REPORTERS!

And V, please stop sending reporters emails like that. It doesn't have the impact you think it is going to have. All it does is make the entire Ron Paul movement look like a bunch of foul-mouthed little children. :(

JacobLyles
V4Vendetta raised some valid issues. One of them has been resolved.

Address the concerns, if you can. Don't attack the messenger.

"Valid concerns" only if one lacks reading comprehension. The original blimp rental cost was $360,000/month and now it looks like it has been bumped to $400,000/month for all the additional overhead, not too bad IMO. I'm more than willing to bump up the cost $40,000 for full-time workers, web programmers, a legal team, GPS tracking, etc. etc. etc.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:44 AM
The "price" does seem to be going up. I was at first cautious about the blimp, and while I came around to be for it as a great promtional idea, I was still concerned about it being "for-profit".

The blimp guys need better disclosure on EXACT costs or there will be continued concern about this. I'm all for the blimp concept now, but those involved need to be more cautious in how they word things when asking for money and more open on where the money is going.

$400,000 is a lot of money. If it was broken down line item as to why it was needed when you ask for this much money, you would not get people up in a dander when you post seeking such a large sum for a "for-profit" operation.

If you only need another $200,000 or so, say that and outline where the money is going. That will make people comfortable.

If you need another $400,000 to get through N.H., then you REALLY have some explaining to do.

QFT

constitutional
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
"Valid concerns" only if one lacks reading comprehension. The original blimp rental cost was $360,000/month and now it looks like it has been bumped to $400,000/month for all the additional overhead, not too bad IMO. I'm more than willing to bump up the cost $40,000 for full-time workers, web programmers, a legal team, GPS tracking, etc. etc. etc.

The original issue of this thread was: 600,000 which is obviously wrong.

The author of this thread acknowledges that he made a mistake in reading it.

Now you going on about how the author of this thread is a trouble maker and how even if the project cost $$$$ it would be fine with you. You see, that's not the issue being discussed here. Pleases stop. :(

DeadtoSin
12-08-2007, 10:47 AM
You guys just don't have good reading comprehension. Its pretty much been 400,000 for a while. Its not like its ever been a complicated issue.

Also, if you are concerned about your precious 10 dollar or whatever, just don't donate it. I'm not trying to sabotage the blimp, but I think I'd rather they have 10 less dollars than have 10 bucks and someone whining and telling them that they deserve to see the exact cost for everything on the blimp.

Revolutn
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Could I suggest to VforVendeta that since he admitted on page one, that he misread / misunderstood the situation, that he edit the Title of the thread so people stop coming in thinking WTF is up with that and then becoming embroiled in what is now descending into personal flames against eachother?

Let's not intentionally NOR accidentally spread FUD.

Rev

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Like I said... I am sorry for mis understanding what was on the website.

My Fault.

$400,000 Is a decent price... I suppose.... although I don;t know how much Blimps cost.

All that I ask.... is that people not judge me for raising such a question.... calling me a Nay-Sayer and Trouble maker....

I tell the truth... I always will..... I only make trouble for those who are liers and seem like they are in the Ron Paul movement only to do sabotage. Something the FEDS are good at... I have already met a couple of them up in Iowa AND at the Texas Straw poll.... I will not say who they are.... so don;t ask.... if you play along with them... and give them dis-info... it will make it that much harder for them to sabotage what we are doing...

The Ron Paul supporters.. like myself... can never ASSUME the people they meet, that also support Ron Paul.... are good people... Some of them are Federal Agents... and/or supporters from competing presidential candidates.

V4Vendetta
12-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Could I suggest to VforVendeta that since he admitted on page one, that he misread / misunderstood the situation, that he edit the Title of the thread so people stop coming in thinking WTF is up with that and then becoming embroiled in what is now descending into personal flames against eachother?

Let's not intentionally NOR accidentally spread FUD.

Rev

Can't edit the title.... I have already tried

Cowlesy
12-08-2007, 11:09 AM
At the request of the Op, I am going to close the thread :)

I am pretty sure we've all posted goofed up titles before! (at least I know I have multiple times haha)