PDA

View Full Version : America is Too Far Down the Drain To Be Saved

AuH20
07-10-2016, 07:46 PM
If we're lucky, many of the idiots won't survive the coming purge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/america-is-off-the-tracks-but-the-gop-errs-in-thinking-it-can-right-her/2016/07/08/f5f5c3ca-4229-11e6-88d0-6adee48be8bc_story.html

Let me put it in a different, more unpleasant way. Republicans need to acknowledge that America is in decline. It is, by their own criteria. The U.S. economy is fast becoming a European-style regulatory state; neither the country’s political class nor its voters seem to care that the national debt has reached literally incomprehensible levels; and its cultural arbiters are hopelessly obsessed with microscopic grievances and therapeutic political gestures.

If all this is true, then America is in decline, and there’s nothing any politician or political insurgency can do to reverse it. A republic in decline doesn’t need a leader who will try to force its electorate to be something it isn’t, or who will insult and berate its leaders into doing things differently. What’s needed, rather, is a president who will behave like an adult — someone whose words and actions do not routinely contradict each other; someone who will stand against the excesses of modern liberalism without entertaining the vain hope of obliterating it; someone who likes the country as it is, without trying to transform it or make it “great.” Someone, in short, who can manage the decline of a great nation without making things worse.

America has careened off course, yes. But overcorrecting will only flip the vehicle.

Ronin Truth
07-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Nah, it's just another 'Fourth Turning'.

This too shall pass.

Anti Federalist
07-10-2016, 10:42 PM
Someone, in short, who can manage the decline of a great nation without making things worse.

Fuck off, why should I get stuck riding this mess that was not created by me and warned about, into the dirt?

Secession = Ejection Seat.

Ronin Truth
07-11-2016, 04:17 AM
$#@! off, why should I get stuck riding this mess that was not created by me and warned about, into the dirt?

Secession = Ejection Seat.

+Rep!

In life there are usually only a very few problems that can't really just be walked away from. For a major example, think USSR demise.

If enough folks just choose to walk away, POOF!, the problem often then just disappears, like magic.

America is fine, the Federal government sucks, and just has to go.

rprprs
07-11-2016, 03:45 PM
The author maintains that he is inclined to agree with the Republicans’ diagnosis that the Obama administration has encouraged American culture’s obsession with identity politics, made an already grossly overregulated and inefficient health-care market far worse, given new life to discredited fiscal policies and practiced a kind of deliberate naiveté in foreign affairs.

And yet, what does he want? A president that likes the country the way it is!

:confused:
Does not compute in my little head.