PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Students to Trump: You Do Not Represent Us

CPUd
07-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Wharton Students to Trump: You Do Not Represent Us

Donald Trump loves to name-check his alma mater, the prestigious Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania. His two-year tenure at the school is an important pillar of his public persona that he's used it not only to burnish his business credentials but to contrast his academic pedigree with his political rivals.

But some members of the Wharton community are fed up with their famous alumnus.

A recent open letter, penned by current and former Wharton students and directed at their own brethren as well as the public at large, has a stern and unequivocal message for the real estate mogul: "You do not represent us."

Related: Trump's Visit With GOP Senators Grows Tense

"At the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, students are taught to represent the highest levels of respect and integrity. We are taught to embrace humility and diversity. We can understand why, in seeking America's highest office, you have used your degree from Wharton to promote and lend legitimacy to your candidacy," the open letter reads. "As a candidate for president, and now as the presumptive GOP nominee, you have been afforded a transformative opportunity to be a leader on national and international stages and to make the Wharton community even prouder of our school and values. However, we have been deeply disappointed in your candidacy."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wharton-students-trump-you-do-not-represent-us-n605871

RandallFan
07-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Did 100,000 or 1 million or the entire alma mater sign the letter? What would be 51% or 66% of the formers?

ChaosControl
07-08-2016, 08:21 PM
I understand that. I mean it is bad enough to be an American and being associated with that neaderthal as a presidential candidate. It must be even more embarassing to share other traits with him. I would want to distance myself as far from him as I could too.

fedupinmo
07-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Well, at least they are taught to embrace diversity, and the embrace of humility which will soon follow...

Ronin Truth
07-09-2016, 05:36 AM
DUH!

RonPaulMall
07-09-2016, 07:48 AM
A bunch of rich little spoiled leftists jealous that Trump went out and built on his father's fortune rather than living off Daddy's trust fund as they intend to do.