PDA

View Full Version : I need to apologize to everyone here.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I have been a member here for what seems an eternity, and yet really it's only been 6 months.

Man, that 6 months has changed my life, both because of this issue and my personal life.

I have deliberated about spilling my guts about my personal strifes. I guess maybe in an attempt to offer reasoning for my actions on this site lately, but I came to the realization that everybody has problems, and I'm no different; just different circumstances. Not only that, but I think it would just serve as an excuse for my actions here.

If I haven't lost you yet, what I'm trying to say is I know I've been extremely foul mouthed, short tempered, and at times, plain mean.

I want to offer my apology to everyone who I have affected with my childish behavior. I'm a 36 year old man and at times I do not act like it, and I'm embarassed for myself.

To everyone who has been affected by my actions, I want to say I'm sorry.

I will try to be a nicer, kinder, gentler BLS; hoping to make this a better place, one post at a time.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Adamsa
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
It's ok.

<3

*sexes

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I have been a member here for what seems an eternity, and yet really it's only been 6 months.

Man, that 6 months has changed my life, both because of this issue and my personal life.

I have deliberated about spilling my guts about my personal strifes. I guess maybe in an attempt to offer reasoning for my actions on this site lately, but I came to the realization that everybody has problems, and I'm no different; just different circumstances. Not only that, but I think it would just serve as an excuse for my actions here.

If I haven't lost you yet, what I'm trying to say is I know I've been extremely foul mouthed, short tempered, and at times, plain mean.

I want to offer my apology to everyone who I have affected with my childish behavior. I'm a 36 year old man and at times I do not act like it, and I'm embarassed for myself.

I will try to be a nicer, kinder, gentler BLS; hoping to make this a better place, one post at a time.

It would have been better for you to not air your dirty laundry, now everyone knows about it and it negatively impacts the forums

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:05 AM
It would have been better for you to not air your dirty laundry, now everyone knows about it and it negatively impacts the forums

:confused:

It's negative because I'm apologizing??

Adamsa
12-08-2007, 10:05 AM

I think it makes the atmosphere friendlier.

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
I think it makes the atmosphere friendlier.

It makes me aware that there are things going on that I don't know about, and that they are negative.

How do you think this will affect lurkers or new members?

This is almost as bad as a cheating lover confessing to clear their conscious when all it does it hurt everyone involved.

Chester Copperpot
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM

honestly I havent noticed... I think youre a good guy.

Corydoras
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I hope you are feeling better and that things will go better in your life.
Thank you for being straightforward about this.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:11 AM
It makes me aware that there are things going on that I don't know about, and that they are negative.

How do you think this will affect lurkers or new members?

This is almost as bad as a cheating lover confessing to clear their conscious when all it does it hurt everyone involved.

I see your point.

How would you suggest I address those I've offended?
Also, would you consider that although I'm admitting negative posting, I'm also apologizing and trying to make up for my mistakes and therefore, it's a positive viewpoint?

Kregener
12-08-2007, 10:11 AM
((((((group hug)))))))

Do not sweat it BLS, you apologized (for whatever it is you think you did), so let it go with that.

It should give you some indication of the diversity of social interaction that even your apology evoked a snotty reply.

Peace and God bless.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Mike and Cory.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Kregener.

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
((((((group hug)))))))

Do not sweat it BLS, you apologized (for whatever it is you think you did), so let it go with that.

It should give you some indication of the diversity of social interaction that even your apology evoked a snotty reply.

Peace and God bless.

Bleeding heart liberals...I swear to FSM!

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:16 AM
How on earth could a heartfelt post like that from BLS be construed as negative? I think it shows we are all human and it takes a big man to say what BLS just did.

That said, we've all been there, BLS. Including me. Not to worry. :)

govtpig
12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
It takes a lot to admit something like that. Glad to see you realized it and are willing to make a change.

BLS
Bleeding heart liberals...I swear to FSM!

Now, I remember why I posted mean things.

Lyn
I was one who saw the foul language and was a little taken back. I am glad you apologized as it gives me a much better opinion of you. I think very highly of someone who admits their error as you have and tries to change. +1 for you and I hope things get better for you.

BLS
Thanks Liberty and Govtpig.

Kregener
ROTFLMAO Nick!

Tell me you are not that petty...please.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks Lyn.

I'm a 'work in progress'.

hawkeyenick
It's just a plea for attention, hence all the "thanks guys, now I feel so much better that you accepted me, even though you already accepted me and didn't care about my whining before!"

Lyn
Thanks Lyn.

Aren't we all.

Steve4RP
12-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Forgiveness is not tolerance of your past actions but accepting who you have become...I'm good with it and hope all goes well for you.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:19 AM
It's just a plea for attention, hence all the "thanks guys, now I feel so much better that you accepted me, even though you already accepted me and didn't care about my whining before!"

Thanks Nick for accepting me. :D

yaz
12-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Honestly, I haven't even noticed your existence. Donate to Ron Paul on Dec. 16th for my forgiveness.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Now, this is a perfect example of why I think you may be a troll.

For your information, BLS is a long-time and respected member of this forum, not to mention the Ron Paul grassroots campaign. So, please keep your little rude comments to yourself. :mad:

Adamsa
12-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Don't post in the thread then, you obviously don't bring anything nice to the discussion yourself.

BLS
12-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Honestly, I haven't even noticed your existence. Donate to Ron Paul on Dec. 16th for my forgiveness.

Well, that's a good thing then I guess.

As far as the tea party goes; I won 4th place in the Ron Paul youtube contest, and have $700 sitting here just itching to go into Dr. Paul's Pocket.

:D

tmg19103
12-08-2007, 10:24 AM
BLS - It takes a strong person to step up and own up. You have my respect, and I don't think the fact that you stated you have had some personal issues (as we all do) is a negative towards this forum in any way. I see it as a positive that you feel comfortable enough to state as much on the forum, and yes, it was not necessary to go into specifics about whatever the issues in your life have been. I hope things improve along those lines, and thanks for the post.

sluggo
12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I, for one, think everyone here is being too lenient.

BLS, your punishment is as follows: you must donate 10 bucks to Operation NH's Iowa commercials: http://www.operationnh.com/ , and then you must write 20 letters to South Carolinians: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46087

;););););););););)

Corydoras
12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
It's just a plea for attention

What do you think your posting here being a loud dissenting voice is, when all BLS is trying to do is extend a friendly handshake?
:rolleyes:
ROFL

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
What do you think your posting here being a loud dissenting voice is, when all BLS is trying to do is extend a friendly handshake?
:rolleyes:
ROFL

haha, you're funny

the point is that it's a waste of space, waste of time, and no one needed the negativeity that it espoused

Bryan
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks BLS.

How on earth could a heartfelt post like that from BLS be construed as negative? I think it shows we are all human and it takes a big man to say what BLS just did.

That said, we've all been there, BLS. Including me. Not to worry. :)
+1

I, for one, think everyone here is being to lenient.

BLS, your punishment is as follows: you must donate 10 bucks the Operation NH's Iowa commercials: http://www.operationnh.com/ , and then you must write 20 letters to South Carolinians: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=46087

:D Perfect. :)

LibertyEagle
haha, you're funny

the point is that it's a waste of space, waste of time, and no one needed the negativeity that it espoused

You are the one who provided the negativity. You.

ClayTrainor
haha, you're funny

meh... the guy apologized for feeling about about things he's done in the past on these forums.

Why bash him for trying to make it right?

It's just one of 1billion threads in this forum.

bulloncoins
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm sure we have all been there one time or another if we spend any time on forums. To tell you the truth, I usually don't pay much attention to negative stuff or swearing, I kind of scroll past it. Other than that, I usually don't even know it is happening until someone gets banned and everyone else starts talking about it.

So far, I don't remember that happening here....but then remembering things is not my strong point these days.:p

manny
12-08-2007, 10:37 AM
BLS - as a Ron Paul supporter I think you at least ought to point to the Bill of Rights and the 1st Amend. when criticised! just kidding :p

Not sure what you're apologising for but whatever it is, it's cool. I'm just posting on this thread since I can't believe some people have been negative in response to a guy saying sorry for using bad language. Apologising isn't easy and it takes a lot to admit a mistake.

Whatever is going on in your private life I hope you get things sorted ok. Next time you're feeling frustrated I recommend writing a letter to Sean Hannity ;)

tamor
12-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I hope things are going better for you -- here is some postitive energy ============ Also, remember anyone can read our forums, so it is not as private as we sometimes think.

newbitech
12-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks Lyn.

should we move this topic over to the grassroots projects forum?

oh and have you considered setting up a for profit LLC and getting website to take donations?

look, people take the internet way to seriously. I admit that I get emotional and taking out my frustrations on line.

this is due to the anonymous nature and the fact that you cannot see the people you are addressing. I am sure your expressions in the past on these forums has had very scant impact on those you feel you have harmed.

anyone that would be harmed directly by some foul language in a message board should probably seek professional help anyways.

hopefully the lesson that you have learned is that the actions of a few can have a tremendous impact on the group as a whole. The first step is admitting that you did something wrong. hats off to you. step two is moving on with a fresh new attitude.

Personally I love that people are fired up enough about Ron Paul that it causes them to dump their hearts in public like this. I hope that you do not lose your passion and if you feel like you got some bad karma going, there are plenty of things you can do to balance that out besides posting an apology. I hope you are not satisfied with acceptance.

I forgive you for making yourself feel horrible. Not sure what you did, but I am sure at this point, it doesn't matter! Lets go!

theoddmonkey
12-08-2007, 11:10 AM
BLS, don't sweat it. Asking forgiveness is a profound thing, something I deeply respect and something I am reminded I need to do frequently. Thanks for a positive post!

LBT
12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Good on you BLS.....I can only recall your positive contributions. I tend not to focus on, hence remember who is getting flustered.

But Hawkeyenick sure is acting a jerk:D

A lot of passion here, and I think it is the central zone of idea development for a truley significant historical revolution. It's har for us to break our old tendencies to force opinions, especially considering the seriousness of consequences as we perceive them. But I think we are all learning that most our fears are overated and that just accepting the natural flow of ideas allows the good realistic solutions to evolve.

walt
12-08-2007, 11:16 AM
BLS,

I have no idea what you're talking about either. Don't worry about it. keep fighting for what you believe and challenge the norm. You make us all better this way. :)

yongrel
12-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Don't sweat it. I find myself apologizing on a daily basis for various misdeeds, so I'm not gonna be chucking any stones.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 12:05 PM
thx for your support, and indeed everyone has problems and theres one man with enough faith in us to fight for us and care of them as best of possible after he is elected. (he is a doctor after all)

Kaptin K
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Hawkeyenick asked earlier how a 'confession' post like this will look to a newcomer and seems concerned with the 'negativity'.

Well, here's my 2 cents as a newcomer: I'd much rather be on a forum where people can apologize and admit their mistakes--and the other members, perhaps even the offended ones, forgive--than one where people either A: squabble like 12 year olds on a Counterstrike gaming forum, or B: pretend like nothing ever happened, living in a state of delusion (not something I really expect out of libertarians.)

Thanks for your apology, BLS.

BLS
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words and supportive gestures.

unconsious767
12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
It takes a big man to apologize, I applaud you!

beobeli
12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't know what your style is because I don't remember seeing any posts that were specifically yours. (I may have read some of them, but I don't remember associating them with your name specifically.)

But this is what the liberty movement is all about. You are free, but only so free not to infringe on freedom or others. The liberties come with responsibilities. Your apology demonstrates your willingness to accept those responsibilities. It's a great step in the right direction. There are many of us who need to take the same move, and we are doing it to restore the republic.

Overall I think we are an awesome movement with a noble cause in a crucial time in American history. Thank you for all your contributions.

PatriotG
12-08-2007, 04:25 PM
We all lose it occasionally that makes us human
Just keep moving forward.

Thanks for a positive post.
PatriotG

bbachtung
12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
BLS, I haven't noticed anything particularly outlandish in your recent posts, but then again everyone's been a little off with the tension of the approaching Tea Party, rise of H, and Iowa being (now) less than 30 days away.

The truly important question is: is your giant sign still up?