PDA

View Full Version : Trump on the Constitution: "I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII."

erowe1
07-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Trump had a meeting with Republican legislators today.

Here's one highlight:

Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) left the meeting worried about Trump’s grasp on the basics of the Constitution. At a lunch with reporters afterward, he recalled that the candidate did not seem to know what he was promising to defend.

“I wasn’t particularly impressed,” Sanford said. “It was the normal stream of consciousness that’s long on hyperbole and short on facts. At one point, somebody asked about Article I powers: What will you do to protect them? I think his response was, ‘I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII,’ going down the list. There is no Article XII.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/07/07/trump-meets-with-hill-republicans-as-controversy-over-star-of-david-tweet-continues/?postshare=1061467914227531&tid=ss_tw

I apologize in advance if this offends the tender sensibilities of any of our resident Trump fans and mods.

Danke
07-07-2016, 07:35 PM
People commonly confuse articles with amendments.

phill4paul
07-07-2016, 07:47 PM
People commonly confused articles with amendments.

Confusion is what we need in a representative.

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2016, 07:47 PM
If Constitutional expert Sanford can endorse controversial Ted Cruz who voted to authorize highly Constitutional Patriot Act, he will find the reasons to endorse controversial patriot Trump.

phill4paul
07-07-2016, 07:50 PM
People commonly confused articles with amendments.

Confusion is what we need in a representative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTAYEC2l2dI

Origanalist
07-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Well, he never claimed to be a constitutional scholar like Obama.

erowe1
07-07-2016, 08:23 PM
People commonly confuse articles with amendments.

That must be it. Trump is very concerned about protected the procedure of electoral college described in Amendment 12.

erowe1
07-07-2016, 08:25 PM
If Constitutional expert Sanford can endorse controversial Ted Cruz who voted to authorize highly Constitutional Patriot Act, he will find the reasons to endorse controversial patriot Trump.

Sanford endorsed Rand. He only endorsed Cruz as his backup choice after Rand dropped out. Given the options, I can't blame him.

Also, while I don't support the PATRIOT Act, the arguments I've seen against its constitutionality by Judge Napolitano and others have been pretty shoddy.

CPUd
07-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Washington Post is a leftist rag run by a bunch of cucks. Mark Sanford lets his dog poop on the sidewalk and doesn't scoop it up.

Ronin Truth
07-08-2016, 05:07 AM
Article XII is my favorite one too. :D

fedupinmo
07-08-2016, 05:52 AM
That must be it. Trump is very concerned about protected the procedure of electoral college described in Amendment 12.

As long as he doesn't tap Rafael for the VP position...

TheCount
07-08-2016, 07:52 AM
As long as he doesn't tap Rafael for the VP position...

Given his personality, I think he would prefer Michelangelo To Rafael.

Also, orange skin... orange bandanna... it all makes sense.