PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Members of RPFs that want to run for state/local office?

CaseyJones
07-07-2016, 06:27 PM
List yourself

presence
07-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Can I be public sector decommissioning czar? I'll work with no salary.

CT4Liberty
07-08-2016, 05:14 PM
I was involved at the local level before my company moved me to a new state. My wife asked me not to get involved for a bit - it's definitely a time commitment. I probably will get involved again at some point.

Jesse James
07-08-2016, 10:24 PM
am 17. will hit you up in 20 years

oyarde
07-08-2016, 11:44 PM
I wanted to be Asian Carp Czar , but with unlimited powers , then I could put a bounty on the carp with the savings from disbanding the CIA ,FBI , BATFE, Dept of Ed , USDA , Procurement from the Defense budget etc

CT4Liberty
07-09-2016, 08:55 AM
am 17. will hit you up in 20 years

Start now - local leaders love young people who want to get involved.

Jesse James
07-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Start now - local leaders love young people who want to get involved.
What should I do exactly?

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Nope. I don't want to to do that. It's not my thing. I am active at the local level within the school district, though. While I agree that the DOE is a failure, I kind of just do what I can from within it. I sit on a couple of science and tech boards there. I'm content with that.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 11:52 AM
What should I do exactly?

this may help :)
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Involved-in-Local-Politics

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:10 PM
Are there any Members of RPFs that want to run for state/local office?

Yes, but I'm afraid I have too many skeletons in my closet.:o How much digging do they do in your past if it's not a very important position? I was thinking if I could win at something easy and do a good job then maybe I could build on that.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Yes, but I'm afraid I have too many skeletons in my closet.:o How much digging do they do in your past if it's not a very important position? I was thinking if I could win at something easy and do a good job then maybe I could build on that.

you ever hurt anyone or took their stuff?
if not, screw em

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:20 PM
you ever hurt anyone or took their stuff?
if not, screw em

Nope.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 04:21 PM
I just want to get back to basics
let's get a handful of people elected
not this year maybe, but 2017-18 will have local elections
maybe one of them gets a boot up to back-up Massie and Jones
what the hell
dice are meant to be rolled

phill4paul
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM

That would be the way to go about it. But, let's face facts, there is nobody that doesn't have skeletons to hide. I'm with Casey on his assessment. Unless you have ever hurt someone or taken their stuff, then have at it. You'd be a hoot sitting on a council.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM
I just found out three candidates went unopposed on my city council last year. I should keep my eye open and jump on one of those. I certainly would need much money to run unopposed, either. Win, win!

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Nope.

cool, what office you think you want?

and how do you turn off that post quotes thing?

Edit: Ok city council

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:28 PM
That would be the way to go about it. But, let's face facts, there is nobody that doesn't have skeletons to hide. I'm with Casey on his assessment. Unless you have ever hurt someone or taken their stuff, then have at it. You'd be a hoot sitting on a council.

After his comment, I got to thinking :D, if Hillary has no shame, neither should I.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 04:29 PM
how big a town?
how many sitting members in the council?
any look like they are gonna die?

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:31 PM
cool, what office you think you want?

Edit: Ok city council

Well, anything that I knew I could win and wouldn't cost much money. We're not Trumps, ffs. I worked with one guy on getting liquor by the drink passed years ago and I know would he would help me out.

phill4paul
07-09-2016, 04:32 PM
I just found out three candidates went unopposed on my city council last year. I should keep my eye open and jump on one of those. I certainly would need much money to run unopposed, either. Win, win!

Check into it. Not only would it come with some RPF contributions but it would also come with some experienced based knowledge. Gunny knows how to swallow a dime and shit a dollar. Plenty of graphic artists, etc. If, IF, I were to run for anything RPF would be my greatest resource.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:35 PM
how big a town?

About 12,000

how many sitting members in the council?

Five

any look like they are gonna die?

Not imminently but two look fairly out of shape.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:36 PM
This guy looks like my best shot. He retired from Sears, btw.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9DzQSt.jpg

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:39 PM
This guy looks like my best shot. He retired from Sears, btw.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9DzQSt.jpg

He also worked at a car dealership that ripped me off on a new tranny.:mad:

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 04:41 PM
city of 12K
give it a year of you volunteering and networking up there
join the ladies club that seems the best fit
define the needs of the community
then maybe 20K in MB
see how it goes

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Local council is actually quite doable. It's something worth consideration and compatible with regular life responsibility.

A lot of them do go unchallenged.

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Not imminently but two look fairly out of shape.

Hey, that's actually important. If you do run for anything you want to be fit. You want to physically stand out among everyone else.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:55 PM
city of 12K
then maybe 20K in MB
see how it goes

20k to run unopposed?:eek:

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Hey, that's actually important. If you do run for anything you want to be fit. You want to physically stand out among everyone else.

Well, yeah, looking good never hurts.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:02 PM
20k to run unopposed?:eek:

eh maybe more like 50K
we will see

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:03 PM
city of 12K
then maybe 20K in MB
see how it goes

I actually do know a lot of people and so does my husband. I volunteered a lot until my parents moved in with us and I had to take care of them and my husband organizes charity golf tournaments. People love his tournaments because he gives out the best swag...he uses his beer and liquor connections to get all kinds of bar stuff...golf bags, neons, t-shirts...stuff like that.

phill4paul
07-09-2016, 05:03 PM
eh maybe more like 50K
we will see

Gunny made State Representative with about 1/10th of that I believe. What he didn't have in cash he made up for in "bust-ass."

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Gunny made state Representative with about 1/10th of that I believe.

But Gunny didn't need a Franzia budget.

phill4paul
07-09-2016, 05:07 PM
But Gunny didn't need a Franzia budget.

You helped get "liquor by the drink," no? How do you know they won't sponsor you? :p

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:07 PM
how long have you lived there?
did you go to school there?

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:14 PM
how long have you lived there?
did you go to school there?

Since 1997 and no. I grew up in Atlanta. I currently live in an outer suburb.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:15 PM
You helped get "liquor by the drink," no? How do you know they won't sponsor you? :p

I'm pretty sure El Ranchero would sponsor me, lol. I frequently exercise my right to liquor by the drink in that place.:D

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 05:16 PM
I actually do know a lot of people and so does my husband. I volunteered a lot until my parents moved in with us and I had to take care of them and my husband organizes charity golf tournaments. People love his tournaments because he gives out the best swag...he uses his beer and liquor connections to get all kinds of bar stuff...golf bags, neons, t-shirts...stuff like that.

Mm. Still need to put together a reconnaissance team. Shouldn't be a task with help from around here.

Hey, what theme are you thinking about for yer MB? That way we can get that scribbled up in draft. :)

Give us a motto, Suz. What are you running on?

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:20 PM
anyone else?
let's have some fun

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Mm. Still need to put together a reconnaissance team. Shouldn't be a task with help from around here.

Hey, what theme are you thinking about for yer MB? That way we can get that scribbled up in draft. :)

Give us a motto, Suz.

LOL, I was just getting ready to ask what an MB was.

Taxation is Theft :D

what does md stand for?

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:25 PM

what does md stand for?

identify the needs of the community
taxation is theft is to broad
slogans should be neutral but affirming (Make America Great Again lol)

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 05:27 PM

what does md stand for?

Hm. While true, it might put you in the fringe category. Of course, while alternative currency in the form of gold is also reasonable, that'd produce the same result. If you did pull it off, I don't know if you'd survive a second run.

Maybe think of something more mainstream then, experiment aropund once on the inside. Go fishing and whatnot.

Speaking of which, you'll need to be on the down-lo, so you'll need a new screen name, too.

MB=Money Bomb. Proabably looking at 16 weeks minimum to generate sufficient starting bread.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:31 PM
identify the needs of the community
taxation is theft is to broad
slogans should be neutral but affirming

Okay, I see what you're saying. I'm gonna need some more Franzia for this task.

(Make America Great Again lol)

Make Taxation Theft Again ?

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Hm. While true, it might put you in the fringe category. Of course, while alternative currency in the form of gold is also reasonable, that'd produce the same result. If you did pull it off, I don't know if you'd survive a second run.

Maybe think of something more mainstream then, experiment aropund once on the inside. Go fishing and whatnot.

Speaking of which, you'll need to be on the down-lo, so you'll need a new screen name, too.

MB=Money Bomb. Proabably looking at 16 weeks minimum to generate sufficient starting bread.

This seems like an awful lot of drama for an unopposed city council seat. :eek: I'm not changing my screen name.:mad: I think I'm just going to be myself and be honest about my opinions. Ron Paul won and got reelected that way, why can't I? I'm not as smart as he is and I don't have the cute grandpa thing going on but I'm a snappy dresser, very friendly, and babies seem to like me.:cool:

I think you're after my screen name, NC.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:40 PM
who knows?
needs to be tailored to your community
scout about as NC says

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 05:46 PM
This seems like an awful lot of drama for an unopposed city council seat. :eek: I'm not changing my screen name.:mad: I think I'm just going to be myself and be honest about my opinions. Ron Paul won and got reelected that way, why can't I? I'm not as smart as he is and I don't have the cute grandpa thing going on but I'm a snappy dresser, very friendly, and babies seem to like me.:cool:

I think you're after my screen name, NC.

Well. Hm. Okay, then. I was likely aready thinking along the lines of State Rep anyway. I suppose we should knock it back down a peg. I was getting ahead of you there. Heh.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:47 PM
who knows?
needs to be tailored to your community
scout about as NC says

My town is very conservative. Paul Broun was our rep. I would definitely be fringe but I don't think my ideas would shock anyone. Plus, I have some good connections at the old folks home. Before my parents moved in, I used to drive old people to church and have kept up my friendships with them and the people who run the place. Old people vote. I think I would do pretty good uncontested.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:50 PM
will you get rid of the tax on wine?

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 05:52 PM
will you get rid of the tax on wine?

First thing. :mad: I would sell it as a tax on Jesus. It was his first miracle and we all know how he felt about the tax collectors. It's a slap in the face of Christians to tax wine.

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 05:57 PM
First thing. :mad: I would sell it as a tax on Jesus. It was his first miracle and we all know how he felt about the tax collectors. It's a slap in the face of Christians to tax wine.

shit keep that up and we can win this

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 05:59 PM
My town is very conservative. Paul Broun was our rep. I would definitely be fringe but I don't think my ideas would shock anyone. Plus, I have some good connections at the old folks home. Before my parents moved in, I used to drive old people to church and have kept up my friendships with them and the people who run the place. Old people vote. I think I would do pretty good uncontested.

First person community relations are good. Especially existing relationships. That's a good demographic to be aquainted with. Also wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to just show up and indirectly campaign face to face without actually making it like you're campaigning. They aren't largely a digital presence. So, then face to face is good.

I had a bad experience in a senior assisted living complex, myself. I won a bid to redesign some interior structure except that when I had some contractors bring in some mock-ups of wood products, the old folks started raising hell and throwing turds at me. They thought we were going to burn them down. The one old guy was like "They're bringing in wood...they're going to burn the place down!!" Then turds started flying everywhere. I was in the wind with the quickness on that one. Someone else ended up doing the job.

phill4paul
07-09-2016, 06:03 PM
shit keep that up and we can win this

LMAO! She's got the chops!

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 06:06 PM
First person community relations are good. Especially existing relationships. That's a good demographic to be aquainted with. Also wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to just show up and indirectly campaign face to face without actually making it like you're campaigning.

Old people love me. I'm gonna be great with the seniors. Plus, we (me & my sons) take them cookies at Christmas AND I'm on the funeral committee. I take food to church when people die.:( I'm in charge of Stouffers Lasagnas.:cool:

I had a bad experience in a senior assisted living complex, myself. I won a bid to redesign some interior structure except that when I had some contractors bring in some mock-ups of wood products, the old folks started raising hell and throwing turds at me. They thought we were going to burn them down. The one old guy was like "They're bringing in wood...they're going to burn the place down!!" Then turds started flying everywhere. I was in the wind with the quickness on that one. Someone else ended up doing the job.

I can't stop laughing.:D

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Old people love me. I'm gonna be great with the seniors. Plus, we (me & my sons) take them cookies at Christmas AND I'm on the funeral committee. I take food to church when people die.:( I'm in charge of Stouffers Lasagnas.:cool:

Hey, that's good relations right there. It speaks for your integrity. These things you do are a choice. Something that you come through on. Commitment.

I can't stop laughing.:D

Hey, if I'm lying, I'm dying. That's the gosh honest truth. That's likely the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. Then, maybe a month or so later, I saw the place on the news. They shut it down because of Legionellosis in the duct work.

Bryan
07-09-2016, 06:17 PM

This?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options

CaseyJones
07-09-2016, 06:20 PM
This?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options

thanks

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Hey, that's good relations right there. It speaks for your integrity. These things you do are a choice. Something that you come through on. Commitment.

It's probably hard for y'all to believe but I'm a responsiblish person in real life and no one's ever thrown turds at me.:D :D Well, we had a monkey that threw shit and masturbated but my mom made my dad get rid of him when I was little.

Hey, if I'm lying, I'm dying. That's the gosh honest truth. That's likely the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. Then, maybe a month or so later, I saw the place on the news. They shut it down because of Legionellosis in the duct work.

Still laughing....

Natural Citizen
07-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Ah well. Heh. Anyway.

I suppose you kow how to use twitter and other networking utilities. Should likely try to snatch up the local feeds and condense them into one place. Better to direct your message accordingly. Put yourself out there by communicating with those contacts in a publicly observable way. Measure your presence and feedback to kind of skim the pool.

Suzanimal
07-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Ah well. Heh. Anyway.

I suppose you kow how to use twitter and other networking utilities. Should likely try to snatch up the local feeds and condense them into one place. Better to direct your message accordingly. Put yourself out there by communicating with those contacts in a publicly observable way. Measure your presence and feedback to kind of skim the pool.

Yeah but I should probably get fresh accounts. I've got some sketchy friends.
GunnyFreedom
How much money do you think I need to run an uncontested campaign for a city council seat?

Jesse James
07-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Laura Bush sold weed at SMU. GW, Obama and the Clintons snorted coke on the reg

Suzanimal
07-10-2016, 07:59 AM
Laura Bush sold weed at SMU. GW, Obama and the Clintons snorted coke on the reg

It's starting to sound like I'm qualified to be a successful politician.:eek:;)

Jesse James
07-10-2016, 08:00 AM
That's GWB not George Washington :D

Suzanimal
07-10-2016, 08:16 AM
That's GWB not George Washington :D

I bet GW smoked weed.

GunnyFreedom
07-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Yeah but I should probably get fresh accounts. I've got some sketchy friends.
@GunnyFreedom (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=8481)
How much money do you think I need to run an uncontested campaign for a city council seat?

Well, first, spends are radically different for every area depending on thousands of factors unique to every region and so on. And second, if it is truly uncontested, ie your name will be the only one on the ballot, you really don't need any money to win at all. I would just raise enough to cover your own travel and provide materials and such when traveling to town halls to meet the voters. Maybe just enough yard signs to put a couple at every polling place. A truly uncontested election doesn't need much spend...but still the more you raise the better off you are, because if you can raise $6000 and only spend $2000, now you have a $4000 warchest going into the reelection.

Suzanimal
07-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Well, first, spends are radically different for every area depending on thousands of factors unique to every region and so on. And second, if it is truly uncontested, ie your name will be the only one on the ballot, you really don't need any money to win at all. I would just raise enough to cover your own travel and provide materials and such when traveling to town halls to meet the voters. Maybe just enough yard signs to put a couple at every polling place. A truly uncontested election doesn't need much spend...but still the more you raise the better off you are, because if you can raise $6000 and only spend $2000, now you have a $4000 warchest going into the reelection.

Three city council seats went uncontested in my town last year and one guy doesn't appear to be in good health. I think I've got a shot at winning one of those seats.:cool:

When I start running, I'm going to want one of these.

http://i.imgur.com/fnDAFjG.gif

Natural Citizen
07-10-2016, 06:03 PM
So, are you going to do it?

Suzanimal
07-10-2016, 06:08 PM
So, are you going to do it?

I think so.:) I need to get some specifics on sign up and stuff like that, though. Mr Animal thinks I can win (uncontested:)). I'm pretty sure I can raise $2,000.00 or $4,000.00, too. There are a lot of alcoholics in this town that are grateful for my efforts in the LBtD controversy (I was an avid sign waver/maker:cool:).

Natural Citizen
07-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I think so.:) I need to get some specifics on sign up and stuff like that, though. Mr Animal thinks I can win (uncontested:)). I'm pretty sure I can raise $2,000.00 or $4,000.00, too. There are a lot of alcoholics in this town that are grateful for my efforts in the LBtD controversy (I was an avid sign waver/maker:cool:).

Well alright then. :)

Ought to be a hoot.

CaseyJones
07-10-2016, 06:30 PM
cool..
next?
anyone wanna be a sheriff?

GunnyFreedom
07-10-2016, 07:48 PM
cool..
next?
anyone wanna be a sheriff?
lol I'd love to be a Sheriff. No way in hades tptb would let me anywhere near that one :D

ronpaulhawaii
07-10-2016, 08:29 PM

:cool: This could be fun :)

The thing about raising money, even for an uncontested election, is that it is an important skill to develop. Primarily in case you find your efforts worthwhile and want to go further... Too many liberty candidates are such individualists that they don't consider that the general voting population expects and even demands it. Unless wealthy, candidates that don't ask for money are generally not taken seriously. Raising money can and should be fun. Much is how one approaches it. Ms. Animal wont need to raise much, but it is a great opportunity to develop the skill set...

Anyone who is considering will want to start compiling their "list" now, and plan on expanding it.

And start making friends with local newsies/etc. Reporters need to fill columns, by feeding them any (unrelated) story you run across, they'll tend to run your press releases pretty much word for word...

#Onward!

TheTexan
07-10-2016, 09:25 PM
lol I'd love to be a Sheriff. No way in hades tptb would let me anywhere near that one :D

Nope. You're on the list. I just checked

07-10-2016, 10:05 PM
I would if I thought there was a need. Things are pretty much ok here locally. Plus it's almost impossible to run for office when you can't hear like me.

Statewide is mostly ok too. Lepage is ok, Poliquin is adequate. Collins and King kind of suck, but there is no way they are going anywhere.

Suzanimal
07-11-2016, 05:48 AM
:cool: This could be fun :)

I'm good at having fun. It's one of my superpowers.:cool:

Anyone who is considering will want to start compiling their "list" now, and plan on expanding it.

And start making friends with local newsies/etc. Reporters need to fill columns, by feeding them any (unrelated) story you run across, they'll tend to run your press releases pretty much word for word...

OMG, I have a skill I forgot about. For a few summers in college, I interned at a PR agency. My BFF's older sister worked there and got us both sweet paid internships. I was good at it and got offered a full time job but getting up every morning was interfering with my late night hi jinks. I'll call my old friend, she's a stay at home mom now but I know she would get a kick out of helping me put together some press releases. Plus, doing stuff like this will be a good way to keep her resume up because I know she wants to go back to work at some point. Stay at home moms are a good resource, folks. And you're right, btw. There are a lot of local news sites/papers looking for filler.

As far as money goes, Mr Animal said he would help me cut costs by calling a few of his contacts. He gets hole sponsor signs made at cost for the the golf tournament and he said he could get some for me made at cost too. He sends the sign guy a lot of business and they're pretty good friends - they meet up for beers every once in awhile. Also, he reminded me that I know the Mayor and a few city council members in the next (bigger) town over. I'm sure I could get some endorsements.:cool:

I also think I'm going to have some t-shirts made up for a few key people. My mom being one of them. The old men in town love her (she's hawt for an old lady) and I think the horny old man vote is a low hanging fruit:) I can easily capture. I'll have to bedazzle hers (she only wears clothes with "tasteful bling") but a few rhinestones are a small price to pay considering the number of old men who've approached me about wanting to be "my new step-daddy". I've got to be shameless, I'm a politician now, people. :cool:

Also, I went on my city website and read through the minutes of the meetings to see if I could find a political ally on the council and I think I found the one I'm going to make my friend :)(Mr Animal feels sorry for the poor man, lol). He's been on there awhile and seems to have some sway but I noticed he voted the way I would've many times and he was voting alone. He's also a homeschooler and a stay at home dad who looks to be around my age. I'm working on an introductory e-mail and plan on going up to the council meeting in August to introduce myself.

It's funny, I never thought I had any resources until I seriously got to thinking about it. I'm just sharing all of this in case someone else is thinking about it but doesn't think they have the resources to do it. If I can do it, anyone can. What I lack in brains, though, I make up for in the willingness to start conversations with literally anyone. Oh, and sell out my mother for political gain.:D

The thing about raising money, even for an uncontested election, is that it is an important skill to develop. Primarily in case you find your efforts worthwhile and want to go further... Too many liberty candidates are such individualists that they don't consider that the general voting population expects and even demands it.

Unless wealthy, candidates that don't ask for money are generally not taken seriously. Raising money can and should be fun. Much is how one approaches it. Ms. Animal wont need to raise much, but it is a great opportunity to develop the skill set...

I'm thinking about selling candy bars. I used to sell World's Finest Chocolates (do they still make those, they were awesome) for softball when I was a kid. Not only would it raise money (people love candy bars) BUT it would give me the chance to meet people. I'm good at selling candy. When I was a kid, I convinced people to not only buy a candy bar for themselves but to buy one for me, too.:cool: Don't worry, Gunny, I won't hawk slave chocolate.

Another good one would be a BBQ. One of Mr Animal's bartenders has a big smoker and does that as a side job. I'm positive she would help me out and it would give me a chance to raise money (people around here love BBQ trucks), meet people, and parade my hawt mom around in her bedazzled shirt (I would have to keep tabs on the wine, though. There's a fine wine line with her and she goes from charming to obnoxious at an alarming rate.)

I'm also thinking of going to my local watering hole and asking them to host a Suzanimal night where a small percentage of their sales go to my uncontested City Council campaign war chest. People there think I'm smart because I win trivia a lot and it would be another opportunity to take my mom out in her bedazzled shirt.:cool:

We'll see what else I come up with, I'm still brainstorming and have a few more ideas up my sleeve.

#Onward!

#IT'S HAPPENING!

phill4paul
07-11-2016, 05:52 AM
I've got to be shameless, I'm a politician now, people. :cool:

You've been a politician your whole life and didn't even realize it. :p

Suzanimal
07-11-2016, 06:36 AM
You've been a politician your whole life and didn't even realize it. :p

I would like to argue with that but I think I have been.:eek:

Although, wigmaker sounds intriguing...

Libra Careers: Actors, actresses, fine art, arbitrator, artists, may work with a companion, jeweler, furniture, diplomacy, law, lawyer, justices, litigation, contracts, cosmetics, cosmeticians, esthetics, mediator, negotiator, musician, tailor, fashion, poetry, politics, interior decorator, florists, luxurious furniture, furrier, pianist, pianos, scales, social affairs and functions, professions concerning the low back, wigs and wigmakers, windmills and women's apparel.

I want dannno's political astrologer to look at my birth chart and give me his analysis.

Suzanimal
07-11-2016, 06:43 AM

Nope. You're on the list. I just checked

LOL!

CaseyJones
07-11-2016, 07:52 AM
well, this threads doing great
Suz I am happy you are getting excellent ideas for moving forward!
Gunny is there anything you would like to run for?
how about you RPH?
let' do this

Suzanimal
07-11-2016, 08:28 AM

Thanks, I am, actually. I think I'm going to start my own thread when I get my thoughts organized better. I'm having a party Wednesday and I plan on getting serious about it this weekend. I'll need a few days to recover after my party.

how about you RPH?
let' do this

I'll endorse them.:cool:

I found a good wiki.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Successful-Politician

I skipped a few steps and need a flag pin but I think I'm on track.

CaseyJones
07-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Thanks, I am, actually. I think I'm going to start my own thread when I get my thoughts organized better. I'm having a party Wednesday and I plan on getting serious about it this weekend. I'll need a few days to recover after my party.

I'll endorse them.:cool:

I found a good wiki.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Successful-Politician

I skipped a few steps and need a flag pin but I think I'm on track.

:p wikihow is cool
what about some of the other ladies?
cajun?
angela?

ronpaulhawaii
07-11-2016, 11:29 AM
I'm good at having fun. It's one of my superpowers.:cool: ...

As far as money goes, Mr Animal said he would help me cut costs by calling a few of his contacts. He gets hole sponsor signs made at cost for the the golf tournament and he said he could get some for me made at cost too. He sends the sign guy a lot of business and they're pretty good friends - they meet up for beers every once in awhile. Also, he reminded me that I know the Mayor and a few city council members in the next (bigger) town over. I'm sure I could get some endorsements.:cool:

I also think I'm going to have some t-shirts made up for a few key people. My mom being one of them. The old men in town love her (she's hawt for an old lady) and I think the horny old man vote is a low hanging fruit:) I can easily capture. I'll have to bedazzle hers (she only wears clothes with "tasteful bling") but a few rhinestones are a small price to pay considering the number of old men who've approached me about wanting to be "my new step-daddy". I've got to be shameless, I'm a politician now, people. :cool: ... I'm thinking about selling candy bars. I used to sell World's Finest Chocolates (do they still make those, they were awesome) for softball when I was a kid. Not only would it raise money (people love candy bars) BUT it would give me the chance to meet people. I'm good at selling candy. When I was a kid, I convinced people to not only buy a candy bar for themselves but to buy one for me, too.:cool: Don't worry, Gunny, I won't hawk slave chocolate.

Another good one would be a BBQ. One of Mr Animal's bartenders has a big smoker and does that as a side job. I'm positive she would help me out and it would give me a chance to raise money (people around here love BBQ trucks), meet people, and parade my hawt mom around in her bedazzled shirt (I would have to keep tabs on the wine, though. There's a fine wine line with her and she goes from charming to obnoxious at an alarming rate.)

I'm also thinking of going to my local watering hole and asking them to host a Suzanimal night where a small percentage of their sales go to my uncontested City Council campaign war chest. People there think I'm smart because I win trivia a lot and it would be another opportunity to take my mom out in her bedazzled shirt.:cool:

These all sound great for an uncontested election. One skill I still see lacking in some candidates is the personal ask; specifically asking for a donation. Like I said, donors pretty much expect/demand it and many judge a candidates confidence/ability on it. I get calls from candidates across the country and am always disappointed when one calls to give me an update but doesn't make the ask.

Also, I went on my city website and read through the minutes of the meetings to see if I could find a political ally on the council and I think I found the one I'm going to make my friend :)(Mr Animal feels sorry for the poor man, lol). He's been on there awhile and seems to have some sway but I noticed he voted the way I would've many times and he was voting alone. He's also a homeschooler and a stay at home dad who looks to be around my age. I'm working on an introductory e-mail and plan on going up to the council meeting in August to introduce myself.

It's funny, I never thought I had any resources until I seriously got to thinking about it. I'm just sharing all of this in case someone else is thinking about it but doesn't think they have the resources to do it. If I can do it, anyone can. What I lack in brains, though, I make up for in the willingness to start conversations with literally anyone. Oh, and sell out my mother for political gain.:D

We'll see what else I come up with, I'm still brainstorming and have a few more ideas up my sleeve.

#IT'S HAPPENING!

Am really looking forward to this :D

how about you RPH?
let' do this

Not yet. I'm still working to get myself back to where I was financially before the r3VOLution... But more than willing to help members here with the time/resources

CaseyJones
07-11-2016, 02:22 PM
ok Mike
anyone else wanna have a go at a local office?
maybe run for state rep?

CaseyJones
07-12-2016, 05:00 PM
anyone else?

Natural Citizen
07-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Census-Designated Places (CDPs) (https://www.census.gov/geo/reference/gtc/gtc_place.html)

...scratchpad notes...pay no mind...