PDA

View Full Version : TWA 800: The Crash, the Cover-Up, and the Conspiracy

donnay
07-05-2016, 07:41 AM
What brought down TWA Flight 800: Claims that plane was hit by missile before mid-air explosion and of a government cover-up detailed in book 20 years after Long Island crash

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:47 EST, 4 July 2016

It has now been 20 years since TWA Flight 800 exploded in mid-air just 12 minutes after taking off from New York's John F. Kennedy Airport en route to Paris, and many are still questioning just what caused the crash that killed all 230 people on board.

The National Transportation Safety Board spent four years looking into the cause in what would become the lengthiest and most expensive investigation in the history of American aviation before publishing their findings in 2000, which stated the explosion was likely caused by a short circuit in the plane's fuel tank.

That scenario seemed implausible however to many, including numerous eyewitnesses who saw the crash from on the ground in Long Island, and in his new book TWA 800: The Crash, the Cover-Up, and the Conspiracy author Jack Cashill takes a look at some of the alternate theories.

The most common is that some sort of missile or rocket hit the plane, and that there was a government cover-up to keep what really happened a secret.

That strike to the outside of the plane may have come from a terrorist or even a US Navy ship according to conspiracy theorists, claims that were both declared untrue by the FBI a little over a year after the crash.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3673935/What-brought-TWA-Flight-800-Claims-plane-hit-missile-mid-air-explosion-government-cover-detailed-book-20-years-Long-Island-crash.html

FindLiberty
07-05-2016, 01:23 PM
The website article/video mentions a new movie coming out about two weeks from now... 7-17-2016 ?

It probably contains interesting alternative perspectives on the "official" report versus actual evidence and witness testimony, etc.

Zippyjuan
07-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Video is actually from 2013. http://www.flyingmag.com/blogs/fly-wire/why-twa-flight-800-documentary-wrong

FindLiberty
07-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Yea, Thanks. You are correct there; then it's 17 not 20 years "later" for that "movie" mention then.

I was not sure of what I saw flash on the screen, so I placed a "?" next to the year.
I guess it's more old news. I recall the cia cartoon made me say "wtf?", back in the day...

The OP, "new" book seems to be new (20 years after) or maybe it's just more BS too?

Seems legit about the date info below: (I don't know about the book's contents, but I'd like
to see all the detailed evidence photos and close ups, if it contains those. Just the facts.)

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Regnery History (July 5, 2016)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1621574717
ISBN-13: 978-1621574712