PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson joins Bill Weld, declares Crooked Hillary innocent

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Gary Johnson was on CNN this morning. Johnson said he had no problem with Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch's secret meeting and that Hillary is not in any way a criminal.

timosman
07-03-2016, 10:50 AM
@2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHBw1RcLY4

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Is "Liberty Campaign" the right forum for this?

Gary Johnson seems to be campaigning on behalf of Hillary Clinton. This should probably be in the Democrat forum.

Ronin Truth
07-03-2016, 10:56 AM
I declare Gary, more STUPID than I previously thought possible!

timosman
07-03-2016, 10:59 AM
I declare Gary, STUPID!

Who died to made him the liberty candidate?:confused:

timosman
07-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Is "Liberty Campaign" the right forum for this?

Gary Johnson seems to be campaigning on behalf of Hillary Clinton. This should probably be in the Democrat forum.

Maybe he has a double agenda and his top priority is to make Trump look smart? :confused:

FSP-Rebel
07-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Just wow

Suzanimal
07-03-2016, 11:31 AM
Gary Johnson was on CNN this morning. Johnson said he had no problem with Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch's secret meeting and that Hillary is not in any way a criminal.

SMDH..

Peace&Freedom
07-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Johnson is playing politics, to attract whatever Democrats he can who are uneasy with Hillary's baggage. There are Democrats who quietly don't want to vote for her, but don't want to appear to be "converting to the GOP" or to Trump (especially on cultural issues) by openly opposing her. So Gary is triangulating Hillary and her critics, so as to look like a reasonable social left alternative. He is aware of recent polls that show he is already attracting more votes from Hillary than from Trump:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/01/libertarian-johnson-will-likely-hurt-clinton-trump/

RJ Liberty
07-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Johnson is playing politics, to attract whatever Democrats he can who are uneasy with Hillary's baggage. There are Democrats who quietly don't want to vote for her, but don't want to appear to be "converting to the GOP" or to Trump (especially on cultural issues) by openly opposing her. So Gary is triangulating Hillary and her critics, so as to look like a reasonable social left alternative. He is aware of recent polls that show he is already attracting more votes from Hillary than from Trump:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/01/libertarian-johnson-will-likely-hurt-clinton-trump/

Yep. More to the point: he needs democratic voters. He'll never be a serious contender without a good chunk of both D and R voters. To get those Democratic voters, he has to seem like a credible, common-sense choice. He is differentiating himself from Trump by presenting himself as someone who does not go on the attack. See his latest campaign ad: it's positive, and doesn't go after either candidate in a negative way.

cajuncocoa
07-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Everyone knows Donald Trump is the real liberty candidate.

William Tell
07-03-2016, 12:58 PM

Bob Barr?

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Bob Barr was/is anti-Clinton, anti-Bush, anti-UN...

Weld is none of those things and Gov Gary is moving closer to Weld every day.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-03-2016, 03:51 PM
This was Bernie's strategy. Bernie lost.

07-03-2016, 05:02 PM
I think Clinton is guilty. I also think she is going to avoid any indictment. It was obviously a planned backdoor strategy meeting between Lynch and slick willie. Nothing ever sticks to the teflon Clintons, they are the pinnacle of dirty politics.

That said, Clinton email is a losing issue. Polls show she would still win even if indicted. Johnson/Weld are playing it safe and not going negative.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-04-2016, 09:30 PM
If this is some kind of strategy, I don't know what the hell he's thinking. His best chance at attracting Democrats are the Bernie supporters. The more extreme ones likely to flake off to a third party aren't going to be wooed by defending Hillary. They already think she's a criminal and Bernie should've gone harder on her.

Ridiculous move. It's also handing plenty of ammo to his critics that the LP ticket is there this time to play spoiler in Hillary's favor.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Everyone knows Donald Trump is the real liberty candidate.

How about, neither are?

Cleaner44
07-04-2016, 09:36 PM
There is no good option to vote for in the general presidential election. Might as well write-in Rand Paul.

ChristianAnarchist
07-04-2016, 09:50 PM
There is no good option to vote for in the general presidential election. Might as well write-in Rand Paul.

DING DING DING DING DING !!!!

cindy25
07-04-2016, 10:00 PM

OMG, he is STUPID. this could have been his issue. and if this idiot is at 10%, where would Rand be? 20? 25%

LibertyEagle
07-04-2016, 10:16 PM
OMG, he is STUPID. this could have been his issue. and if this idiot is at 10%, where would Rand be? 20? 25%

Unfortunately, Rand blew it. Said too many things in the debates that made him appear like he was part of the establishment. That is not playing this go round.

cindy25
07-04-2016, 10:18 PM

write in Ron Paul

LibertyEagle
07-04-2016, 10:24 PM
lol. In that video, Johnson said he would support the TPP. Based on his "advisers". hahahahaha. Would a traitorous piece of shit.

cindy25
07-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately, Rand blew it. Said too many things in the debates that made him appear like he was part of the establishment. That is not playing this go round.

GOP was going for Trump, regardless what Rand had said in debates. but as a Libertarian, with over 15% , would have been in the general debate. from there anything could have happened. but even if Rand had carried some states and thrown it to the house I don't know if they would pick him or Trump. whereas, the GOP congressmen would pick Johnson

RJ Liberty
07-04-2016, 10:30 PM
If this is some kind of strategy, I don't know what the hell he's thinking. His best chance at attracting Democrats are the Bernie supporters. The more extreme ones likely to flake off to a third party aren't going to be wooed by defending Hillary. They already think she's a criminal and Bernie should've gone harder on her.

Ridiculous move. It's also handing plenty of ammo to his critics that the LP ticket is there this time to play spoiler in Hillary's favor.

As Peace&Freedom mentioned above, it's triangulation. Gary can allow Trump to take the big swings at Clinton. As Clinton and Trump hammer at each other, the fragments of voters they dislodge from each other go to Gary. It's a strategy that's already paying dividends: Johnson scored his highest national poll, at 13% (Evolving Strategies), just last week. This would not have happened had he gone on the attack on Clinton, becoming a Trump clone. At 15%, Johnson gets into the debates.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2016, 10:31 PM
GOP was going for Trump, regardless what Rand had said in debates. but as a Libertarian, with over 15% , would have been in the general debate. from there anything could have happened. but even if Rand had carried some states and thrown it to the house I don't know if they would pick him or Trump. whereas, the GOP congressmen would pick Johnson

First of all, Rand isn't a libertarian. Secondly, the GOPe doesn't want either Trump or Rand. They only want someone who will go along with their globalist, world government agenda. And the people supporting Trump would have gone for Rand, if Rand would have focused on the issues the people were concerned about. That is what got Trump attention. Meanwhile, Rand was defending Mitch and philosophizing. Even then, the media would have squashed Rand like a bug. Watching their constant onslaught against Trump, made it clear to me that we don't stand a chance in hell at the presidential level.

That said, I know Rand was against the TPA, but have you seen anything where he has decided about the TPP?

RJ Liberty
07-04-2016, 10:33 PM

We already know where Rand would be polling: at 0%. Because he immediately dropped out.

fr33
07-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Goddamn he's just another pussy like Bernie Sanders. I expect black lives matter activists to take over and shut down one of his events too.

RandallFan
07-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Gary Johnson is totally on board with Clinton's 1st year agenda. The short & medium term Gary is 90% Dem.

Trump with his ego, just wants to rock & roll.

cajuncocoa
07-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Everyone said he was playing chess, not checkers. It was a marathon, not a sprint. He was picking that low-hanging fruit, but it turned out the apple was poisoned, just like I warned you, 3 years ago.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 07:21 AM

Yep. More to the point: he needs democratic voters. He'll never be a serious contender without a good chunk of both D and R voters. To get those Democratic voters, he has to seem like a credible, common-sense choice. He is differentiating himself from Trump by presenting himself as someone who does not go on the attack. See his latest campaign ad: it's positive, and doesn't go after either candidate in a negative way.

Oh, please...or maybe, he's just saying what he thinks. Frankly, I'd respect him more if that were the case. If it's just "strategy", maybe he should concentrate on getting actual libertarians to the polls rather than courting Democrats. Jeez, he's running against a witch, a carnie, and a commie - why in the hell wouldn't you go on the attack?

RJ Liberty
07-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Jeez, he's running against a witch, a carnie, and a commie - why in the hell wouldn't you go on the attack?

Because when Sanders went on the attack against Clinton, the MSM (who are all in for Clinton) wrote shit like this (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/12/bernie-sanders-betrayed-hillary-clinton-attacks). Make no mistake: Gary will eventually attack Clinton, but it makes no sense to do so just yet. He can let Trump take the heavy swings while the MSM warms to him, writing fairly positive pieces and avoiding the shitstorm that the MSM writes about anyone who opposes their precious Hillary, while still reaping the benefits of running against the two most unpopular candidates in history.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Because when Sanders went on the attack against Clinton, the MSM (who are all in for Clinton) wrote shit like this (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/12/bernie-sanders-betrayed-hillary-clinton-attacks). Make no mistake: Gary will eventually attack Clinton, but it makes no sense to do so just yet. He can let Trump take the heavy swings while the MSM warms to him, writing fairly positive pieces and avoiding the shitstorm that the MSM writes about anyone who opposes their precious Hillary, while still reaping the benefits of running against the two most unpopular candidates in history.

What's he waiting for? The debates? LOL!

presence
07-05-2016, 07:39 AM
I don't think there was criminal intent

Hillary didn't need to have criminal intent;
she was under strict liability per terms of her security clearance.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

RJ Liberty
07-05-2016, 07:43 AM
What's he waiting for? The debates? LOL!
Why not? Just last week Gary got the highest national poll he's had: 13%. At 15%, he gets in the debates... but only if the major parties allow it (recall that the major parties refused to let Perot into the 1996 debates). If Clinton threatens to boycott the debates over a third party, the third party will simply be dis-invited. If Trump threatens to boycott the debates over a third party, Trump will quickly back down because he doesn't have the MSM behind him.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Why not? Just last week Gary got the highest national poll he's had: 13%. At 15%, he gets in the debates... but only if the major parties allow it (recall that the major parties refused to let Perot into the 1996 debates). If Clinton threatens to boycott the debates over a third party, the third party will simply be dis-invited. If Trump threatens to boycott the debates over a third party, Trump will quickly back down because he doesn't have the MSM behind him.

Realistically, do you see Johnson getting into the debates? I don't.

RJ Liberty
07-05-2016, 08:00 AM

I think he's very, very close. We'll see.

Two months ago, a large number of people here were predicting Gary would get 1% of the vote. Now he's polling at up to 13% nationally, and up to 19% in individual state polls.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 08:02 AM
I think he's very, very close. We'll see.

Two months ago, a large number of people here were predicting Gary would get 1% of the vote. Now he's polling at up to 13% nationally, and up to 19% in individual state polls.

Don't hold your breath, the D's and R's won't let it happen.

Working Poor
07-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Don't hold your breath, the D's and R's won't let it happen. I wonder when libertarians and anarchist will stop being whimps and stop believing the rhetoric and not let the dems and repubs run over them?

07-05-2016, 10:22 AM

I'd give it maybe a 20% chance. Maybe less now that Hillary skated indictment.

jllundqu
07-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaand I now officially have no one left to vote for. :(

NewRightLibertarian
07-05-2016, 10:32 AM
After this ticket inevitably crashes and burns, Johnson/Weld loyalists should have to wear the scarlet letter for trying to sell-out the cause. And the LP should probably implode and be ushered into the dust-bin of history as well. This is beyond embarrassing.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 10:42 AM
I'd give it maybe a 20% chance. Maybe less now that Hillary skated indictment.

He's not going to debate. He has NOTHING to lose by going after Hillary, Trump, Bernie but he isn't because he's a ball-less sac who doesn't understand liberty.

07-05-2016, 10:52 AM
After this ticket inevitably crashes and burns, Johnson/Weld loyalists should have to wear the scarlet letter for trying to sell-out the cause. And the LP should probably implode and be ushered into the dust-bin of history as well. This is beyond embarrassing.

Crash and burn? Nobody expects them to win. They are doing better than the LP has ever done. Even if the polling is off this will easily be the highest vote total the LP has ever had.

Occam's Banana
07-05-2016, 10:55 AM
He's not going to debate. He has NOTHING to lose by going after Hillary, Trump, Bernie but he isn't because he's a ball-less sac who doesn't understand liberty.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Suzanimal again.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Crash and burn? Nobody expects them to win. They are doing better than the LP has ever done. Even if the polling is off this will easily be the highest vote total the LP has ever had.

Yes and this was a great opportunity (A hated R &D) to put up a candidate with sound principles but nooooo, we get Johnson/Weld, the lesser of three evils.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHuJm0Pn-s

NewRightLibertarian
07-05-2016, 11:02 AM

After you get 2 percent of the vote tops, all the boneheaded supporters must wear that scarlet letter. If you are actually apart of the sad sack group of libertarian sell-outs who apologize for Johnson, shame on you.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Just sayin...

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
Ron Paul

cajuncocoa
07-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Exactly. We should fall in line behind Mr. Trump.

NewRightLibertarian
07-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Exactly. We should fall in line behind Mr. Trump.

Trump will get more libertarian votes than Johnson/Weld guaranteed. They even know it too, which is why they are playing kiss ass with the braindead Bernie morons pandering for their votes.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Trump will get more libertarian votes than Johnson/Weld guaranteed. They even know it too, which is why they are playing kiss ass with the braindead Bernie morons pandering for their votes.

Probably but I don't understand why. He's not a liberty candidate, either. They all suck. There is not one single person in the race at this point that I would piss on if they were on fire, much less vote for.

NewRightLibertarian
07-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Probably but I don't understand why. He's not a liberty candidate, either. They all suck. There is not one single person in the race at this point that I would piss on if they were on fire, much less vote for.

Trump has a spine. Johnson does not. That is why he will pull more libertarian votes. Nobody respects Gary's weak brand of leadership, except for a few DC thinktank jerkoff types.

puppetmaster
07-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Yep. More to the point: he needs democratic voters. He'll never be a serious contender without a good chunk of both D and R voters. To get those Democratic voters, he has to seem like a credible, common-sense choice. He is differentiating himself from Trump by presenting himself as someone who does not go on the attack. See his latest campaign ad: it's positive, and doesn't go after either candidate in a negative way. worked so well for every other candidates that tried this tactic. Never liked him anyway so it does not change anything

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-05-2016, 02:37 PM

Origanalist
07-05-2016, 02:47 PM
After you get 2 percent of the vote tops, all the boneheaded supporters must wear that scarlet letter. If you are actually apart of the sad sack group of libertarian sell-outs who apologize for Johnson, shame on you.

Don't you support Trump?

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 03:04 PM
///

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM

07-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes and this was a great opportunity (A hated R &D) to put up a candidate with sound principles but nooooo, we get Johnson/Weld, the lesser of three evils.

I don't agree with him 100% but Johnson is a good guy. If he somehow won, he be a good potus. Johnson/Weld was the best ticket the LP could put out, 2 former governors shows they are serious about growing and not just being a debate club.

He will do better than the LP has ever done. Even 2% would be the best ever. I don't apologize for anything. While I don't agree with Johnson 100%, I also don't apply the impossible purity tests. He would be fine as potus, nothing more to discuss.

bunklocoempire
07-05-2016, 03:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lcQrZcL.jpg?1

NewRightLibertarian
07-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Don't you support Trump?

I'd vote for him before Johnson. That's as much of an endorsement as I will give him.

He will do better than the LP has ever done. Even 2% would be the best ever. I don't apologize for anything. While I don't agree with Johnson 100%, I also don't apply the impossible purity tests. He would be fine as potus, nothing more to discuss.

You should set your standards higher. I don't see how having a doofus like Johnson representing us in the public sphere helps us one bit.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't agree with him 100% but Johnson is a good guy. If he somehow won, he be a good potus. Johnson/Weld was the best ticket the LP could put out, 2 former governors shows they are serious about growing and not just being a debate club.

At the present, he's supporting the Trans Pacific Partnership. Are you good with that? His NAU VP is advising him well. To please the world government crowd, that is. :p

Origanalist
07-05-2016, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lcQrZcL.jpg?1

Don't do it Charlie Brown.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 03:50 PM

http://i.imgur.com/KBaK9gQt.png

He's not going to win. IMO, the Libertarian candidate should be educating people, making people think, offering a different perspective - a liberty perspective. I don't see any of that with GJ. An unashamed, unabashed, unapologetic purist is exactly what this movement needs right now but, what the fuck do I know?

bunklocoempire
07-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Don't do it Charlie Brown.

It's different this time. :)

Like the second time I voted for Bush. Now those were some stakes, I tell you!

Where do you want me to place the laces?

KEEF
07-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Don't hold your breath, the D's and R's won't let it happen.
Sweet, Big Brother can breath for me too now? SCORE! <sarcasm>

Smitty
07-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Johnson/Weld is no threat to our current form of government.

euphemia
07-05-2016, 05:42 PM
These guys are a joke.

AuH20
07-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Are these guys just bad actors impersonating 'libertarians'? Wow!

07-05-2016, 08:46 PM
At the present, he's supporting the Trans Pacific Partnership. Are you good with that? His NAU VP is advising him well. To please the world government crowd, that is. :p

Meh whatever. He's not a criminal like Clinton and Trump. He means well, good enough for me. I don't see a need to apply some purity test about a pet issue.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Meh whatever. He's not a criminal like Clinton and Trump. He means well, good enough for me. I don't see a need to apply some purity test about a pet issue.

You consider the TTP a "pet issue"? Just wow.

07-05-2016, 09:45 PM
You consider the TTP a "pet issue"? Just wow.

Yes, you live in a bubble apparently. 90% of voters probably don't even know what that acronym means no less what it is. They care that Trump hates the brown people or Hillary has a vagina.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Yes, you live in a bubble apparently. 90% of voters probably don't even know what that acronym means no less what it is. They care that Trump hates the brown people or Hillary has a vagina.

Do YOU consider it a "pet issue", was the question.

fr33
07-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Hopefully this will be the last time he runs for president. Last election should have been that. I liked Darryl W Perry the best from the LP debate.

LibertyEagle
07-06-2016, 03:36 AM
Hopefully this will be the last time he runs for president. Last election should have been that. I liked Darryl W Perry the best from the LP debate.

Unfortunately, he didn't appear to believe in personal hygiene.

Suzanimal
07-06-2016, 03:53 AM

I really liked him, too but...

Unfortunately, he didn't appear to believe in personal hygiene.

I don't really care how a politician looks but take a fucking bath. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish by looking nasty.

07-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Do YOU consider it a "pet issue", was the question.

It's not at the top of my list of problems right now.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-06-2016, 02:36 PM

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-06-2016, 02:37 PM

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Green Party candidate: Prosecute Clinton

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/286662-green-party-candidate-prosecute-clinton

"Jill Stein echoed Republican criticism of the Obama administration, saying that the FBI “is giving Clinton a pass” by declining to recommend criminal charges related to her use of a private email system while serving as secretary of State.

"“All the elements necessary to prove a felony violation were found by the FBI investigation,” Stein said in a statement.

"“Her staff has said Secretary Clinton stated she used her private email system because she did not want her personal emails to become accessible under [Freedom of Information] laws,” she added. “This is damning on two counts — that she intended to disregard the protection of security information, and that she had personal business to conceal.”

Suzanimal
07-07-2016, 09:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BBQm3O5.png

euphemia
07-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Are these guys just bad actors impersonating 'libertarians'? Wow!

I would say so. They have taken positions on major issues that do not reflect liberty thinking. Some war, some guns, some this, some that. That's not even conviction. It's just mealy mouthed political mumbo jumbo.

Suzanimal
07-07-2016, 09:45 AM
I would say so. They have taken positions on major issues that do not reflect liberty thinking. Some war, some guns, some this, some that. That's not even conviction. It's just mealy mouthed political mumbo jumbo.

But they're the lesser evil, lol.

euphemia
07-07-2016, 10:54 AM
But they're the lesser evil, lol.

Still evil, and definitely not libertarian. They've taken offensive positions on a lot of closely-held issues issues for members of this board.

I think we are looking too closely at party labels and platforms that we truly can't conceive what America would look life with minimal government and a society governed by the Constitution.

euphemia
07-07-2016, 11:06 AM
I would add one more thought: It is important for a presidential candidate to be interested in personal freedom and liberty. It is not okay for someone who hopes to be President to act as if life were about flipping off others. There are ways to treat people, and a President has to act with a certain amount of decorum and respect because of what s/he represents. I don't see that happening in any major party right now.

Castle is about the only one who knows how to sit, stand, and talk like an intelligent man. If there is a party to join and effect change, then the Constitution Party would be it. It is the way it is because of who started it and their following. They would not turn down members who show some likemindedness with regard to the Constitution.

Natural Citizen
08-25-2016, 02:28 AM
Castle is about the only one who knows how to sit, stand, and talk like an intelligent man.

Yep. Agreed.