PDA

View Full Version : GOP Senator Jeff Flake: Suck it Up and pass TPP

timosman
07-03-2016, 12:16 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/02/gop-senator-jeff-flake-suck-it-up-and-pass-tpp/

by JULIA HAHN | 2 Jul 2016 | Washington D.C.

In a remarkable interview with Business Insider, Arizona Senator Jeff Flake argued that Congress should pass President Obama’s Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement despite the American people’s overwhelming objection to it.
Business Insider writes:

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake told Business Insider during a Wednesday interview that Congress is going to have to “suck up” and ratify the agreement because it simply must be done, even in the face of hostile opposition to trade along the campaign trail…
Continued...

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Similarly, in 2015, despite the fact that polls show the Republican electorate overwhelmingly supports temporarily pausing Muslim migration into the United States, Sen. Flake voted for a Democratic amendment declaring that Muslims living in foreign nations have a global right to immigrate into the United States. Flake was joined in supporting the radical Democratic proposal by Sen. Mike Lee. The proposal was opposed by Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, David Vitter, and Thom Tillis.

Interesting.

pcosmar
07-03-2016, 01:40 AM
Interesting.

It is when you understand it.

Frustrating when you try to affect it though.

timosman
07-03-2016, 02:00 AM
Interesting.

Senate Judiciary Committee Votes Foreign Muslims May Not Be Banned Based on Religion - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/10/sessions-senate-moves-ratify-immigration-foreign-muslims-civil-right/

The amendment offered by Sen. Patrick Leahy stated, “The United States must not bar individuals from entering into the United States based on their religion, as such action would be contrary to the fundamental principles on which this Nation was founded.”

The amendment, which passed 16-4 as a “Sense Of The Senate” resolution, was added to a larger bill entitled The Nuclear Terrorism Conventions Implementation and Safety of Maritime Navigation Act of 2015 (S. 138).

Sen. Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, David Vitter, and Thom Tillis opposed the amendment; while Sen. Chuck Grassley, Orrin Hatch, Lindsey Graham, John Cornyn, Jeff Flake, David Perdue, Richard Blumenthal, Christopher Coons, Amy Klobuchar, Al Franken, Sheldon Whitehouse, Dick Durbin, Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Pat Leahy, and Mike Lee supported it.

RandallFan
07-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Jeff Flake voted to bomb Syria's brown children because it was interfering with his urgency in passing amnesty & hispandering by the end of 2013.

United States Senate election in Arizona, 2012

Party
Candidate
Votes
%
±

Republican (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28US%29)
Jeff Flake
49.23%
-4.11%

Democratic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_%28US%29)
Richard Carmona
46.20%
+2.70%

Libertarian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Party_%28United_States%29)
Marc Victor
4.55%
+1.39%

N/A (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N/A)
write-in
0.11%
+0.02%

jkob
07-03-2016, 05:02 AM
Flake the mistake, this guy was suppose to be #2 in congress after Ron Paul for awhile and now he's one of the worst senators. Can't trust these rats

Jesse James
07-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Interesting.
What the heck? Mike Lee tried to pass this?

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Senate Judiciary Committee Votes Foreign Muslims May Not Be Banned Based on Religion - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/10/sessions-senate-moves-ratify-immigration-foreign-muslims-civil-right/

Here's the problem; being Muslim is more than a religion, it is also a form of government. Sharia law.

It is Muslims who want to blow us up. Not to mention the fact that even moderate Muslims want Sharia law.

We both need to stay in our own nations.

CPUd
07-03-2016, 08:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/sCRcnlZ.jpg

phill4paul
07-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Here's the problem; being Muslim is more than a religion, it is also a form of government. Sharia law.

It is Muslims who want to blow us up. Not to mention the fact that even moderate Muslims want Sharia law.

All those evil Mooslims. They are different than we are!

I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.
Donald Trump believes American Muslims are hiding something. “They know what’s going on. They know that [Omar Mateen] was bad,” he said after the Orlando massacre. “They have to cooperate with law enforcement and turn in the people who they know are bad. … But you know what? They didn’t turn them in. And you know what? We had death and destruction.”

This is a common idea in the United States. It’s also a lie. First, Muslims like me can’t see into the hearts of other worshipers. (Do you know the hidden depths of everyone in your community?) Second, Trump is wrong that we don’t speak up when we’re able.

I know this firsthand: I was the one who told the FBI about Omar...

...We’re totally against what he did, and we feel the deepest sadness for the victims and their families. If you don’t agree with someone, you don’t have the right to kill them. We are taught to be kind to all of God’s creation. Islam is very strict about killing: Even in war – to say nothing of peace – you cannot harm women, children, the elderly, the sick, clergymen, or even plants. You can’t mutilate dead bodies. You can’t destroy buildings, especially churches or temples. You can’t force anyone to accept Islam. “If anyone slew one person, it would be as if he killed the whole of humanity,” says the Koran.

I had told the FBI about Omar because my community, and Muslims generally, have nothing to hide. I love this country, like most Muslims that I know. I don’t agree with every government policy (I think there’s too much money in politics, for instance), but I’m proud to be an American. I vote. I volunteer. I teach my children to treat all people kindly. Our families came here because it is full of opportunity – a place where getting a job is about what you know, not who you know. It’s a better country to raise children than someplace where the electricity is out for 18 hours a day, where politicians are totally corrupt, or where the leader is a dictator.

But there’s so much suspicion of Islam here. The local paper published an unsigned editorial called “Leave our peaceful Muslim neighbors alone,” and the comments were full of hateful lies – that the Boston bombers had visited the area, that the Sept. 11 bombers came from here, that we were a hotbed of violent ideology. None of this is true. Donald Trump didn’t create these attitudes, but he plays on them and amplifies them.

I am not the first American Muslim to report on someone; people who do that simply don’t like to announce themselves in to the media. For my part, I’m not looking for personal accolades. I’m just tired of negative rhetoric and ignorant comments about my faith. Trump’s assertions about our community – that we have the ability to help our country but have simply declined to do so – are tragic, ugly and wrong.

[Editor’s note: A federal law enforcement official confirmed the author’s cooperation to The Washington Post.]https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/20/i-reported-omar-mateen-to-the-fbi-trump-is-wrong-that-muslims-dont-do-our-part/

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 09:17 AM

I didn't call them evil. Those are your words. What I did say was that even moderate Muslims want to live under Sharia law, which is in direct conflict with our Constitution. I wish them well, but we didn't allow immigration from Middle Eastern countries pre-1964 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Nationality_Act_of_1965) for a good reason. We are better living apart and being friendly, trading with each other, etc.

phill4paul
07-03-2016, 09:21 AM
I didn't call them evil. Those are your words. What I did say was that even moderate Muslims want to live under Sharia law, which is in direct conflict with our Constitution. I wish them well, but we didn't allow immigration from Middle Eastern countries pre-1964 for a good reason. We are better living apart and being friendly, trading with each other, etc.

I've known and know Muslims. They are fine with the Republic and the Constitution and consider themselves Americans.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 09:23 AM
I've known and know Muslims. They are fine with the Republic and the Constitution and consider themselves Americans.

Goody. That still doesn't change the facts.

phill4paul
07-03-2016, 09:29 AM

They do not want to live under Sharia law. They believe in the Republic. Therefore...

What I did say was that even moderate Muslims want to live under Sharia law, which is in direct conflict with our Constitution.

is not fact.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 09:39 AM
They do not want to live under Sharia law. They believe in the Republic.
The few you know, or think you do.

Being Muslim includes Sharia Law.

Therefore...

is not fact.
Yeah it is.

oyarde
07-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Suck it Flake.

Suzanimal
07-03-2016, 09:47 AM

They do not want to live under Sharia law. They believe in the Republic. Therefore...

is not fact.

The few you know, or think you do.

Being Muslim includes Sharia Law.

Yeah it is.

How many have you polled?:confused:

I have several Muslim friends and none I know want to live under Sharia Law.

pcosmar
07-03-2016, 10:12 AM

Here's the problem
First that you believe that propaganda,,

and second,,The reason for the present conflicts were not started by the Muslims in the first place.
Had we stayed in our own nation there would be no conflict.

phill4paul
07-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Here's the problem

and second,,The reason for the present conflicts were not started by the Muslims in the first place.

And propaganda it is. Like most others, Muslims are a diverse group. Go figure.

Like any religious group, the religious beliefs and practices of Muslims vary depending on many factors, including where in the world they live. But Muslims around the world are almost universally united by a belief in one God and the Prophet Muhammad, and the practice of certain religious rituals, such as fasting during Ramadan, is widespread.

In other areas, however, there is less unity. For instance, a Pew Research Center survey of Muslims in 39 countries asked Muslims whether they want sharia law, a legal code based on the Quran and other Islamic scripture, to be the official law of the land in their country. Responses on this question vary widely. Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/07/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Here's the problem
I think the one believing propaganda is you.

There is no hate here. They just don't mix well with our culture and our form of government.

So, you think Americans should be willing to give up our country, our way of life and even our very lives because of what our government did?

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 01:31 PM
And propaganda it is. Like most others, Muslims are a diverse group. Go figure.
A diverse group whose culture does not mix with ours well.

In other areas, however, there is less unity. For instance, a Pew Research Center survey of Muslims in 39 countries asked Muslims whether they want sharia law, a legal code based on the Quran and other Islamic scripture, to be the official law of the land in their country. Responses on this question vary widely. Nearly all Muslims in Afghanistan (99%) and most in Iraq (91%) and Pakistan (84%) support sharia law as official law. But in some other countries, especially in Eastern Europe and Central Asia – including Turkey (12%), Kazakhstan (10%) and Azerbaijan (8%) – relatively few favor the implementation of sharia law.
Tell me, where are most of the importees coming from?

pcosmar
07-03-2016, 01:34 PM
So, you think Americans should be willing to give up our country, our way of life and even our very lives because of what our government did?

I'm not "giving up" anything.

I see no threat from anyone but my own government and powerful elitists in this country.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 01:35 PM
How many have you polled?:confused:

I have several Muslim friends and none I know want to live under Sharia Law.

Then they are not Muslim. It is in the Quran.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 01:37 PM
I'm not "giving up" anything.

I see no threat from anyone but my own government and powerful elitists in this country.

Again, dumping all these people in our country whose beliefs run contrary to our founding principles, is a tactic used by the people you are referring to, to speed up the fall.

timosman
07-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Taqiya - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya#Contemporary_debate

pcosmar
07-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Again, dumping all these people in our country whose beliefs run contrary to our founding principles, is a tactic used by the people you are referring to, to speed up the fall.

Perhaps.

One World Government will come. History is already written. Human nature will demand it.

any delay is welcome.. but it will happen.

I do not believe there is any "saving it" at this point. In fact,, the very best thing would be a total dissolution, and split into several states.
I would rather see it fractured and UN-governable.

Intoxiklown
07-03-2016, 01:54 PM

The fallacy of your logic is Christian voters are the same way. And I say this as a Christian. But I am able to separate my faith from your liberty. However, the vast majority of Christians are not this way.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 02:28 PM
The fallacy of your logic is Christian voters are the same way. And I say this as a Christian. But I am able to separate my faith from your liberty. However, the vast majority of Christians are not this way.

And your argument is??? You think Sharia Law and our Constitution mix together, how?

Intoxiklown
07-03-2016, 02:32 PM
And your argument is??? You think Sharia Law and our Constitution mix together, how?

I would think it self explanatory.

The argument is the fallacy of wanting to exclude a demographic based on religion, as it goes against Constitutional liberty, when in fact every religious voter is guilty of your concern.

AZJoe
07-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Senator Jeff Flake: Suck Up and pass TPP

No Jeffrey, you need to Buck Up and be a man and just say no to TPP ("Transparency through secrecy").

Actual free trade is about decentralization of power. Free trade allows individuals and business to make their relationships and decisions about buying and selling for themselves.
Free trade does not require bigger government, and world government bureaucracies.
Free trade does not require a hundreds of pages of a secret (but for the blessings of Wikileaks) deals of bureaucratic centralization and control of trade to benefit select entities, and favor certain industries at the expense of others. Nor does it require sacrificing national sovereignty.
If you want free trade just replace the TPP with a bill that drops tariffs, drops import restrictions, drops export restrictions, drops subsidies. That's it.
https://mises.org/library/we-need-actual-free-trade-not-tpp
https://medium.com/@EMichaelBall/the-libertarian-case-against-the-trans-pacific-partnership-bb39454073d8#.ioupu6coc
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/10/06/ron_paul_trans-pacific_partnership_will_bring_big_government__wor ld_government.html
http://www.ronpaul.com/2015-10-06/trans-pacific-partnership-transparency-through-secrecy/

Suzanimal
07-03-2016, 03:01 PM

Then that means I'm not Christian because there's a lot of stuff in the Bible I don't follow, agree with or endorse. O_o

RandallFan
07-03-2016, 08:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gouAcayDwLM

Johnson channels Rubio & Obama: 'Nativism is not" (who we are) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?497070-Johnson-channels-Rubio-amp-Obama-Nativism-is-not-quot-%28who-we-are%29-but-let-s-know-who-amp-why&highlight=bianca)

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Then that means I'm not Christian because there's a lot of stuff in the Bible I don't follow, agree with or endorse. O_o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya#Contemporary_debate

LibertyEagle
07-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I would think it self explanatory.

The argument is the fallacy of wanting to exclude a demographic based on religion, as it goes against Constitutional liberty,
Sharia Law cannot coexist with the Constitution.

when in fact every religious voter is guilty of your concern.

Here's the problem with your assertion. You are assuming I am a religious voter. I am not. I, however, am knowledgeable about who founded this country, why it was founded, and on what principles it was founded. And not one bit of it was for Islam. If you would read our Founders letters, you would know that.

Intoxiklown
07-04-2016, 06:56 AM

Here's the problem with your assertion. You are assuming I am a religious voter. I am not. I, however, am knowledgeable about who founded this country, why it was founded, and on what principles it was founded. And not one bit of it was for Islam. If you would read our Founders letters, you would know that.

I do not think you a religious voter, nor am I saying Sharia law can coexist with Constitutional liberty.

I understand what our nation was founded on, and have read. What I am saying is your concern is applicable to anyone who proclaims a faith, and votes. There are failsafes in line to prevent such a masive change as you're worried about. I'm not saying your concerns are not without merit. I'm saying they can't be applied to any one group exclusively.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2016, 12:15 AM
bump

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 04:00 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya#Contemporary_debate

Are you suggesting my friends are practicing Taqiyya? I don't know why they would bother because I'm pretty easy to avoid in real life - just stay away from the grocery stores on Tuesdays, the local watering holes on Wednesdays, and my house the rest of the time. Next time Mohammad stops by to pick up my husband for golf, I'm going to say Taqiyya to see how the self proclaimed "Islami Salami" reacts, though. :toady:

The Muslim woman I know fairly well will be a tougher nut to crack. She seems all nice on the outside but who knows what the hell she's thinking. She came to the drunken baby shower during Ramadan and didn't eat - she also drove our drunk asses home. Clearly, she was practicing Taqiyya. Pretty sneaky, if you ask me. She's Bosnian and has the biggest Mastiff I've ever seen. Seems like a nice dog, though, but maybe he's also practicing Taqiyya because I know he's secretly been shitting in the neighbor's yard and let the pregnant girl's dog take the blame.:eek:

LibertyEagle
07-05-2016, 05:00 AM
Are you suggesting my friends are practicing Taqiyya? I don't know why they would bother because I'm pretty easy to avoid in real life - just stay away from the grocery stores on Tuesdays, the local watering holes on Wednesdays, and my house the rest of the time. Next time Mohammad stops by to pick up my husband for golf, I'm going to say Taqiyya to see how the self proclaimed "Islami Salami" reacts, though. :toady:

The Muslim woman I know fairly well will be a tougher nut to crack. She seems all nice on the outside but who knows what the hell she's thinking. She came to the drunken baby shower during Ramadan and didn't eat - she also drove our drunk asses home. Clearly, she was practicing Taqiyya. Pretty sneaky, if you ask me. She's Bosnian and has the biggest Mastiff I've ever seen. Seems like a nice dog, though, but maybe he's also practicing Taqiyya because I know he's secretly been $#@!ting in the neighbor's yard and let the pregnant girl's dog take the blame.:eek:

Sounds like she isn't a practicing Muslim.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Sounds like she isn't a practicing Muslim.

The fasting at a party and Hijab on a hundred degree day were obviously just an act. o_O Or maybe she is actually a Muslim and just a very nice lady.:eek: Her dog's pretty sketchy, though, I bet I could get him to eat bacon.

TheCount
07-05-2016, 07:41 AM
The fasting at a party and Hijab on a hundred degree day were obviously just an act. o_O Or maybe she is actually a Muslim and just a very nice lady.:eek: Her dog's pretty sketchy, though, I bet I could get him to eat bacon.

Stop derailing the conversation with details on real Muslims. LE has read all about their low IQs and terrible culture on the internet, and that's all that she needs to know.

Suzanimal
07-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Stop derailing the conversation with details on real Muslims. LE has read all about their low IQs and terrible culture on the internet, and that's all that she needs to know.

Yes, yes, I should consult Wikipedia for a person's true intentions before I go making friends all willy nilly.

speciallyblend
07-05-2016, 09:11 PM
the biggest threat to this country isn't muslims or muslim terrorists. It is trump,hillary,dnc and the gop. that is a fact jack!

speciallyblend
07-06-2016, 06:32 PM
www.hitlary.com www.trumphoon.com both sites expose the big goverment authoritarians hillary and trump, and support Gary johnson 2016 over the hillaries(trump/hillary) ill make a post for this

LibertyEagle
07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

I seem to remember the friends of the Boston bombers thinking they were quite normal too and now that I think about it, wasn't the same said of the California guy who murdered a lot of his co-workers with his wife?

I understand that you hate what I have posted, but it doesn't change the fact that Sharia Law does not fit with our Constitution. If you want to take this as a personal affront, that is your option. But, the facts are still the facts.

RandallFan
07-06-2016, 07:04 PM
the biggest threat to this country isn't muslims or muslim terrorists. It is trump,hillary,dnc and the gop. that is a fact jack!

Why does Hillary see mass third world immigration as helpful to her agenda?

LibertyEagle
07-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Yes, yes, I should consult Wikipedia for a person's true intentions before I go making friends all willy nilly.

Here's to hoping that they don't get "radicalized", right? But, you know their true intentions... okey dokey.

RestorationOfLiberty
07-06-2016, 07:39 PM

https://counterjihadnews.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/constitution-vs-sharia-1.jpg

Suzanimal
07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Here's to hoping that they don't get "radicalized", right? But, you know their true intentions... okey dokey.

I know it's risky but I'll take my chances.

TheCount
07-06-2016, 10:11 PM
I seem to remember the friends of the Boston bombers thinking they were quite normal too and now that I think about it, wasn't the same said of the California guy who murdered a lot of his co-workers with his wife?

The same is also said of every single white serial killer and mass murderer. And there's vastly more of those to be concerned about than your ooga booga radical Muslims.

Ronin Truth
07-07-2016, 05:31 AM
Suck it up, Jeff, resign and go home.

pcosmar
07-07-2016, 08:17 AM
https://counterjihadnews.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/constitution-vs-sharia-1.jpg

Seems to be an intense effort to derail this thread

About the TPP,,(not Muslims,not terrorists.. ) and the Republicans who are selling out (again)

You'll keep supporting them because they tell you lies you want to hear.

Suzanimal
07-07-2016, 08:50 AM
The same is also said of every single white serial killer and mass murderer. And there's vastly more of those to be concerned about than your ooga booga radical Muslims.

It's a numbers game for me. Ninety four people have been killed in this country by Muslim extremists since 9/11 (http://securitydata.newamerica.net/extremists/deadly-attacks.html) and that's if you count all the Orlando victims. I bet some of those were killed by cops.

I'm more likely to die in a freak Franzia accident than I am at the hands of the "Islami Salami" who happens to be playing golf with Mr Animal at the moment.

TheCount
07-07-2016, 10:54 AM
I'm more likely to die in a freak Franzia accident than I am at the hands of the "Islami Salami" who happens to be playing golf with Mr Animal at the moment.

A deer wearing a turban jumped out in front of me while I was driving the other day. Pretty sure he'd been radicalized.

RestorationOfLiberty
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
No, I do not support Globalist scum.