PDA

View Full Version : RPI Conference Announcement: Paul and Rockwell Together Again in DC!

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-02-2016, 01:43 AM
Special announcement from the Ron Paul Institute:

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2016/june/30/rpi-conference-announcement-paul-and-rockwell-together-again-in-dc/

RPI Conference Announcement: Paul and Rockwell Together Again in DC!
Daniel McAdams
Thursday June 30, 2016

Here's one great reason to visit the US capital this September: Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell will be back together again in Washington, D.C., speaking at the RPI "Peace and Prosperity 2016" conference! Lew Rockwell, the founder and CEO of the Mises Institute and editor of LewRockwell.com, was also Dr. Ron Paul's first Congressional chief of staff (1978-1982). We are so honored that Lew has agreed to return to what we know is not one of his favorite places -- the "belly of the beast" -- to speak on the importance of a pro-peace, non-interventionist foreign policy.

Since leaving Dr. Paul's office, Lew Rockwell has created the premier free-market, pro-liberty, and pro-peace institution, the Ludwig von Mises Institute in Auburn, Alabama. Lew also founded and runs one of the most-visited websites in the world, LewRockwell.com. LRC's motto is simple: "anti-state, anti-war, pro-market." Lew is the author of numerous books on liberty and free markets, most recently 2014's Against the State: An Anarcho-Capitalist Manifesto. He is a terrific speaker, writer, teacher, and an inspiration to all of us.

What a treat it will be to see the two of them together again, and perhaps we will even hear a story or two of what it was like working for Ron Paul in those heady, early days.

juleswin
07-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Jesus H Christ, after all Lew Rockwell has done and leached from Ron he still hangs around with this backstabber?

This is the problem with Ron, he just doesnt have tge killer instinct needed to be a leader. He is super nice to an injurious fault. Lew Rockwell and his Trump supporting, 24 hr Rand bashing site should have been thrown under the bus a long time ago. Plus he should have been friends with Romney either. You cannot be friendly with the enemy especially when they are winning and dont return the favor.

robert68
07-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Maybe he'll take a break from promoting Trump. Maybe.

specsaregood
07-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Maybe he'll take a break from promoting Trump. Maybe.

yeah, now that the damage is done.

NewRightLibertarian
07-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Jesus H Christ, after all Lew Rockwell has done and leached from Ron he still hangs around with this backstabber?

This is the problem with Ron, he just doesnt have tge killer instinct needed to be a leader. He is super nice to an injurious fault. Lew Rockwell and his Trump supporting, 24 hr Rand bashing site should have been thrown under the bus a long time ago. Plus he should have been friends with Romney either. You cannot be friendly with the enemy especially when they are winning and dont return the favor.

Lew Rockwell is one of Ron Paul's closest friends and been a political confidant of his for decades. You may want him to backstab Lew because Rand's campaign sucked a fat one and you're butthurt about it. But thankfully, Ron Paul is loyal. He doesn't share your personality defects. You'll have to get over it.

juleswin
07-02-2016, 10:59 AM
Lew Rockwell is one of Ron Paul's closest friends and been a political confidant of his for decades. You may want him to backstab Lew because Rand's campaign sucked a fat one and you're butthurt about it. But thankfully, Ron Paul is loyal. He doesn't share your personality defects. You'll have to get over it.

If he was really one of Ron's closest friends and political confidant, he would not have treated Rand's campaign the way he did and this is with even if every single nitpicky criticism they made on that site 24/7 were true and accurate. Instead they gave his enemy a slobbering wet ass kissing everyday, overlooking issues that had it been done by Rand would have resulted in him posting dozens of negative pieces about Rand.

Lew is really smart, he was able to use Ron to push his white nationalist/paleocon platform, taking all the gain and letting Ron take the damages. He is the kind of friend your parents warn you about. But sadly, Ron is way to naive to realize that he was and still is been used. This flaw in Ron is something Rand doesn't have, not saying that he is not nice, but he is nice with an edge. An edge that would cut your dick off if you step out of line. I think Rand would have kicked anyone under the bus if they undermined their interest the way Lew did to Ron. This is why I have hope in Rand even though he was derailed by the Lew and his fan bois.

AZJoe
07-02-2016, 12:11 PM
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/media/120712/rp-lew.jpg?width=414px&height=222px

Lew Rockwell is Founder, Chairman and CEO of the Mises Institute: https://mises.org/

He is also the namesake for the blog site www.lewrockwell.com which includes writings from such regular contributors as Ron Paul, Thomas Woods, Andrew Napolitano, Walter Williams, Jacob Hornberger, Thomas Dilorenzo, Doug Casey, Thomas Sowell, Justin Raimondo, Gary North, Will Grigg, Walter Block among many others.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-02-2016, 12:37 PM
If he was really one of Ron's closest friends and political confidant, he would not have treated Rand's campaign the way he did .

Or maybe Lew was just expressing Ron's critiques of Rand's campaign (such as it was) that Ron couldn't say publicly.

NewRightLibertarian
07-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Or maybe Lew was just expressing Ron's critiques of Rand's campaign (such as it was) that Ron couldn't say publicly.

That makes a lot of sense. It definitely must have hurt Ron to watch his son disgrace his legacy in sad fashion.

juleswin
07-02-2016, 01:20 PM

If that is true then Ron Paul must be the most idiotic father there is in the world. Its one thing calling the police on your son but conspire with a close friend and confidant to constantly bash your son while he is in the middle of a presidential campaign because you are too weak and inept to do it yourself takes it to a whole new level.

For the sake of Ron Paul and his sanity, lets all hope you are wrong on this.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
07-02-2016, 01:26 PM
No need to get so melodramatic about it. Ron wasn't even always that fond of his own campaigns & advisers from 2007-12.

juleswin
07-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Ron wasn't even always that fond of his own campaigns & advisers from 2007-12.

I had a feeling that was the case, I could remember shouting at the TV quite a few times saying "Stop being so nice, be more aggressive". But he couldn't hear me, also seeing him continue to hang around with dead weights like Lew "editor of the RonPaul newsletter" Rockwell while he relentlessly bashes his son's campaign and praises Trump's campaign tells me that he still may not be taking Rand's campaign very seriously.

NewRightLibertarian
07-02-2016, 03:24 PM
This flaw in Ron is something Rand doesn't have, not saying that he is not nice, but he is nice with an edge. An edge that would cut your dick off if you step out of line.

Is this the edge that lost him at least 3/4ths of his father's supporters? I'm not sure if Ron could learn much of anything from his son, except for maybe how to screw up a national movement and be disgraced by a reality TV guy.

Suzanimal
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I like Lew and love Ron but I can't go. :(

juleswin
07-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Is this the edge that lost him at least 3/4ths of his father's supporters? I'm not sure if Ron could learn much of anything from his son, except for maybe how to screw up a national movement and be disgraced by a reality TV guy.

You know, we used to have a lovely german shepherd and we used to feed him the most nutritious food you can think off. The food was a whole Mackerel fish broken down in corn meal with his vitamins. It smelled and am sure tasted good. But for some reason, this silly dog wanted to snack on the poop from other dogs more than his special food. So whenever we mistakenly opened the gate, this dog would run off and start searching to dog shit to eat. Sometimes we are lucky and we catch him before he find something to snack on, other times he gets a hit and comes back in with this stupid sh*tty grin on his face.

You remind me of that dog. The embarrassment is not on Rand, it is on Trump supporters with the stupid grin on their faces because they were successful at nominating Trump. Laugh it up idiots, you are the one with sh*t in your teeth.

NewRightLibertarian
07-02-2016, 06:55 PM
You know, we used to have a lovely german shepherd and we used to feed him the most nutritious food you can think off. The food was a whole Mackerel fish broken down in corn meal with his vitamins. It smelled and am sure tasted good. But for some reason, this silly dog wanted to snack on the poop from other dogs more than his special food. So whenever we mistakenly opened the gate, this dog would run off and start searching to dog $#@! to eat. Sometimes we are lucky and we catch him before he find something to snack on, other times he gets a hit and comes back in with this stupid sh*tty grin on his face.

You remind me of that dog. The embarrassment is not on Rand, it is on Trump supporters with the stupid grin on their faces because they were successful at nominating Trump. Laugh it up idiots, you are the one with sh*t in your teeth.

It sounds like you're really broken up about Rand's abysmal failure, and you're clearly desperate to make excuses for him dropping the ball.

It's too bad that you won't hold him accountable for his strategic mistakes, and instead blame people like Lew Rockwell for not carrying his water. Most libertarians AGREED with Lew, and found Rand to be a poor candidate not worthy of support. That's the reality of the situation, and you need to come to terms with it.

Consider that your much-needed reality check because you sound like a deranged leftist with your sniveling and excuse-making.

juleswin
07-02-2016, 07:20 PM
It sounds like you're really broken up about Rand's abysmal failure, and you're clearly desperate to make excuses for him dropping the ball.

It's too bad that you won't hold him accountable for his strategic mistakes, and instead blame people like Lew Rockwell for not carrying his water. Most libertarians AGREED with Lew, and found Rand to be a poor candidate not worthy of support. That's the reality of the situation, and you need to come to terms with it.

Consider that your much-needed reality check because you sound like a deranged leftist with your sniveling and excuse-making.

Yes, I am bitter that the campaign which I had very high hopes for failed. I think its obvious from reading my posts and I am not ashamed of that. But ignoring the part about me blaming Lew for carrying water for Trump and completely shit*ing on Rand.

I am going to say something about the so called abysmal campaign failure. The problem is that the strategy give or take a few shift factors could have easily worked wonders and if that would have happened, people would have called Rand a genius and whatnot for running it and the Trump's shortsighted, win the primary, bomb the general could also work and when that happens people would say that he is a political genius. I think for the post part the success of each strategy is largely beyond the control of the campaign and has more to do with luck and the whims of the very unintelligent and unfocused voter.

I still believe Rand's strategy had a higher probability of working than what Trump is doing. I think the fact that he is a TV celebrity in a world where people watch loads of hrs of TV may have helped him. Its all over now, like Trump's endorser said "if rape is inevitable, try and enjoy it". Trump or Hillary is inevitable and by God, I will try and enjoy it.

Krugminator2
07-02-2016, 07:30 PM
If that is true then Ron Paul must be the most idiotic father there is in the world. Its one thing calling the police on your son but conspire with a close friend and confidant to constantly bash your son while he is in the middle of a presidential campaign because you are too weak and inept to do it yourself takes it to a whole new level.

For the sake of Ron Paul and his sanity, lets all hope you are wrong on this.

Exactly my thoughts on Ron a couple of months ago. That is a character flaw in Ron. I was VERY happy to see Ron buck Lew in his harshly condemning Trump though. It showed that he wasn't a sycophant. Lew is still praising Trump on his blog today, which is disgraceful.

unknown
07-08-2016, 09:52 PM
My reason for wanting to attend is simply to see Ron Paul again. :)

And just as an FYI, Ron isnt organizing this event.

When asked who else was speaking, Ron had to defer to Daniel McAdams.

fr33
07-09-2016, 12:14 AM
If he was really one of Ron's closest friends and political confidant, he would not have treated Rand's campaign the way he did and this is with even if every single nitpicky criticism they made on that site 24/7 were true and accurate. Instead they gave his enemy a slobbering wet ass kissing everyday, overlooking issues that had it been done by Rand would have resulted in him posting dozens of negative pieces about Rand.

There's another option, you know: The whole goddamn thing was a scam and Ron, Rand, and Lew knew it. Politics seems to be an easy way to part people with their money. IF that were the case then Lew was the least dishonest of the three.

pcosmar
07-09-2016, 02:21 AM
It definitely must have hurt Ron to watch his son disgrace his legacy in sad fashion.

I had not wanted to think about that.

:(

pcosmar
07-09-2016, 02:26 AM
There's another option, you know: The whole goddamn thing was a scam and Ron, Rand, and Lew knew it. Politics seems to be an easy way to part people with their money. IF that were the case then Lew was the least dishonest of the three.

I would hope not.

I still leave some to Babel,, and the confusion of understanding. a miscommunication

juleswin
07-09-2016, 06:32 AM

How does that make Lew the least honest in the bunch? he co signed Ron's "scam", pretended to his readers that Rand's "scam" was just a failure in strategy and not just a plain "scam" and also promoted yet a new "scam" with Trump at the helm. If this whole thing was a scam which I don't believe it is, then Lew is just as complicit as Ron and Rand in the running of it

unknown
07-11-2016, 09:40 AM

Hey, howd you get that giant avatar?

fr33
07-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Hey, howd you get that giant avatar?

It's a feature of paid subscription. I don't know if that's still an option since I haven't updated it in a long time.

fr33
07-12-2016, 11:08 PM
How does that make Lew the least honest in the bunch? he co signed Ron's "scam", pretended to his readers that Rand's "scam" was just a failure in strategy and not just a plain "scam" and also promoted yet a new "scam" with Trump at the helm. If this whole thing was a scam which I don't believe it is, then Lew is just as complicit as Ron and Rand in the running of it
Lew never supported Rand's doomed presidential run, nor did he tell us to donate to it. He did/does support Trump but he never told you to donate to Trump. That's what I mean by possibly being the least dishonest.

They are all a bunch of grifters. Last Saturday I received mail from Trump's campaign for the first time. I never signed up for or donated anything to receive it. I'm positive that Rand/Ron are to blame for it because it's the same type of crap I've got from them and Campaign 4 Liberty; same font, front and back pages, etc that you get from them. The same company the Pauls hired in the past sent it out. The people who work for this type of company are no different in my eyes than the spammers or telemarketers. What's worse is they cloak themselves as "protecting" me as a current or potential government official.