PDA

View Full Version : --> TeaParty07 & Time Zones - DONATE AT THE RIGHT TIME <--

Wayne Hammond
12-08-2007, 08:36 AM
This has been brought up before, but some folks are confused about WHEN to donate their money...

ALL donations for the Tea Party should be made between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Sunday, December 16th, 2007.

This is the time period that the official site www.RonPaul2008.com uses and it will be the time period that the press uses to calculate whether or not we raise our $10 million in one 24-hour period.

On the Nov. 5th money bomb, I remember a lot of donations came in in the hour or two after 12 midnight on Nov. 5th - and were not counted towards the total for Nov. 5th. These were probably donations from folks living in the western US time zones, who thought that they were donating on the 5th. This Dec. 16, we need to maximize our donation efforts and make sure everyone's donation counts on the correct day.

Do you agree?

EDIT: The countdown ticker on www.TeaParty07.com is not good enough, since that seems to work off of users' own computer clock, which may or may not be set to the correct time/date.

Edit again: If you need to know what time it is in Eastern Standard Time, click on the link below (you'll need java on your computer):

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

If you don't have java on your computer (or you're not sure), click here for the correct time:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

Someone else also posted this, which I thought was good:

Thought this may be helpful:

Eastern Time
December 16th: 00:01-23:59

Central Time
December 15th 23:01-December 16th 22:59

Mountain Time
December 15th 22:01-December 16th 21:59

Pacific Time
December 15th 21:01-December 16th 20:59

Alaskan Time
December 15th 20:01-December 16th 19:59

Hawaiian Time
December 15th 19:01-December 16th 18:59

Heather in WI
12-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Yep!

Wayne Hammond
12-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Might be a good idea to put something like this on www.TeaParty07.com, so folks know about the time zone issue.

Lyn
12-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Also, there was a large early surge before midnight which could have counted toward the total if folks had just waited a few hours. I know , I know it you guys were just so excited.

boondoggle
12-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Might be a good idea to put something like this on www.TeaParty07.com, so folks know about the time zone issue.

I agree, maybe the site's operator could send it in a newsletter the day-of?

tonyr1988
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Yes, this is pretty important. Maybe an e-mail to the subscribers would be in order, and a notice on the site?

promagma
12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
This should be posted on Teaparty07.com. And on the reminder email, which I imagine will be going out the 15th.

Wayne Hammond
12-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Also, there was a large early surge before midnight which could have counted toward the total if folks had just waited a few hours. I know , I know it you guys were just so excited.

Yeah, a lot of people are going to be up late on Saturday, just to see that thermometer go up... and up... and up...

Please people, control your premature donations...:D I know how exciting it is, but...

Not until 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on Dec. 16th.

ProBlue33
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
There is some spin off money that comes in as maybe west coast people hear about it for the first time, or people are out all day and get home later as in 10pm western time. To them they gave on the day. But I know what you are saying. People need to watch the official clock when it says 12:01 am eastern time bombs away.

terryhamel
12-08-2007, 11:10 AM
There are Ron Paul supporters who are not online. If you are involved in RP banner brigades or RP sign waving, please make a sign that reads "DONATE DEC 16" and show it now through Dec 16. RP needs their contributions too.

Ball
12-08-2007, 01:26 PM
The general consensus is to donate early.

Perhaps 12:30-ish EST?

Edward
12-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Related poll: When is the Tea Party? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38408)

davidt!
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Just put the countdown clock on the teaparty07 site.

mport1
12-08-2007, 04:16 PM
This has been brought up before, but seeing as we're about a week away from the December 16th Tea Party, some folks are confused about WHEN to donate their money...

ALL donations for the Tea Party should be made between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 16th, 2007.

This is the time period that the official site www.RonPaul2008.com uses and it will be the time period that the press uses to calculate whether or not we raise our $10 million in one 24-hour period.

On the Nov. 5th money bomb, I remember a lot of donations came in in the hour or two after 12 midnight on Nov. 5th - and were not counted towards the total for Nov. 5th. These were probably donations from folks living in the western US time zones, who thought that they were donating on the 5th. This Dec. 16, we need to maximize our donation efforts and make sure everyone's donation counts on the correct day.

Do you agree?

Thank you! I meant to post something about this. There were so many people that donated late because of this.

mport1
12-08-2007, 04:16 PM

Great idea!

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-08-2007, 07:58 PM
bump

colecrowe
12-08-2007, 10:27 PM
bump

donate BASED ON EST

play it safe and form a consensus

kevinblack
12-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I am going to be in Boston on the 16th and I probably won't have internet access.

Does anybody know if they will be collecting money at the Fanuil hall event? Will it count towards the total of that day?

nist7
12-08-2007, 10:55 PM
This is VERY important!

Courtesy Bump.

shortna
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM

The count down clock currently used is based on your personal computer's clock. I just changed my date to Dec 1st and the website instantly told me that the money bomb is 14 days away instead of 7 days away. :rolleyes:

tnvoter
12-08-2007, 11:24 PM
bump

jrich4rpaul
12-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Personally I'd say try not to donate any later than 11:45pm EST

I know there's a lot of people that like to wait to give it that one last push (don't know why though.. I'd say getting the numbers up quick let's the news have a bigger number to report by evening)

Anyway.. you never know if there's a delay in the server. 11:59 is way too close.

Thunderbolt
12-09-2007, 06:14 AM
This has been brought up before, but seeing as we're about a week away from the December 16th Tea Party, some folks are confused about WHEN to donate their money...

ALL donations for the Tea Party should be made between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 16th, 2007.

Do you agree?

We need a little help here. The campaign is now allowing folks from other countries to donate online. This is new. They have been trying to do it for a while, but it finally went through. Perhaps someone can send an email to all the Meetup groups overseas and let them know about this new feature?

Anyway, can some bright ambitious young person come up with a chart that translates the time zones all around the world into EST and can we get the kindly mods to post it somewhere where we can all find it? Or maybe just have a link to it next to the counter?

We have a lot of Americans overseas who may participate in this now that they have the ability (they couldn't donate using the website before and many places don't have checks or money orders, so it was very hard for them to donate).

In fact, I am sure this info is on the web somewhere, we could just steal a link?

jrich4rpaul
12-09-2007, 06:19 AM
We need a little help here. The campaign is now allowing folks from other countries to donate online. This is new. They have been trying to do it for a while, but it finally went through.

Where'd you here that?

I'm amazed.

Cyclone
12-09-2007, 06:22 AM
We need a little help here. The campaign is now allowing folks from other countries to donate online. This is new. They have been trying to do it for a while, but it finally went through. Perhaps someone can send an email to all the Meetup groups overseas and let them know about this new feature?

Anyway, can some bright ambitious young person come up with a chart that translates the time zones all around the world into EST and can we get the kindly mods to post it somewhere where we can all find it? Or maybe just have a link to it next to the counter?

We have a lot of Americans overseas who may participate in this now that they have the ability (they couldn't donate using the website before and many places don't have checks or money orders, so it was very hard for them to donate).

In fact, I am sure this info is on the web somewhere, we could just steal a link?

P.S. The job of sending all Meetup groups an email explaining this new exciting way to donate has been taken care of tonight. Perhaps a few dozen, hundred? other people can request that the campaign send out an email informing their overseas Americans of this ability so that the campaign can get a lot of MONEY?????

I have asked three times. Maybe the request needs to come from more than one person. Maybe it is me they don't like. Maybe they are spiting me by not telling their overseas supporters that they now, after months of trying, have the ability of accepting payments on their website from overseas folks?

Or is this a big secret?

Cyclone
12-09-2007, 06:23 AM
If you look on their donations page they now have a drop down menu for what country you come from. This is new.

Cyclone
12-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Where'd you here that?

I'm amazed.

Shhhhhh, it's a secret. Wouldn't want anyone to know about it would we?

mannycp
12-09-2007, 06:24 AM
This should be posted on Teaparty07.com. And on the reminder email, which I imagine will be going out the 15th.

X2
(AGREE)

Cyclone
12-09-2007, 06:29 AM
We have been informed that Americans living overseas can now donate on the campaign website where before they could not. There is now a drop down menu under country that I don't think was there before.

Will some kind soul who is not on American soil test this theory out for us and let us know so we can spread the news that Americans all across the globe can participate in the tea party?

I am not talking about military folks. You guys can and always could donate, you just have to look at the bottom of the states drop down menu.

I don't know all the rules, but I have heard they done something good over at the ole HQ. Can someone who isn't here explain it better to the rest of us after you test it?

Wayne Hammond
12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
The count down clock currently used is based on your personal computer's clock. I just changed my date to Dec 1st and the website instantly told me that the money bomb is 14 days away instead of 7 days away. :rolleyes:

Yes, this is why we need an announcement in both the letter Trevor sends out, and posted prominently on the TeaParty07.com web site.

nist7
12-09-2007, 11:41 AM
bump

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I thought it was a two day donation event???

nist7
12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought it was a two day donation event???

Where did you get that idea?

Menthol Patch
12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Please donate at the right time!

jrich4rpaul
12-09-2007, 01:35 PM
12/16/07 EASTERN TIME is the time we should be holding out for right now at all costs.

nist7
12-09-2007, 03:23 PM
bump!

drdesignz
12-09-2007, 03:44 PM
That sucks! I didn't even notice.

Thunderbolt
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
We have been informed that Americans living overseas can now donate on the campaign website where before they could not. There is now a drop down menu under country that I don't think was there before.

Will some kind soul who is not on American soil test this theory out for us and let us know so we can spread the news that Americans all across the globe can participate in the tea party?

I am not talking about military folks. You guys can and always could donate, you just have to look at the bottom of the states drop down menu.

I don't know all the rules, but I have heard they done something good over at the ole HQ. Can someone who isn't here explain it better to the rest of us after you test it?

Someone tested this on another thread. It is done. Now, we need a time converter set up so these folks will know when to send and some folks to pass the word.

GHoeberX
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
EDIT: [/B] I think we need an announcement prominently posted on TeaParty07.com and reminders send out in Trevor's emails. The countdown ticker is not good enough, since that seems to work off of users' own computer clock, which may or may not be set to the correct time/date.

Very good point!

Wayne Hammond
12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
I contacted Trevor and he is going to get with the official campaign to make absolutely sure of the correct time(s) for calculating the one-day period.

(It's not grassroots cooperating with the official campaign, just him getting some info from them). I suspect he'll talk to them on Monday sometime, when their offices open up.

I will also ask him to post the info on the web site and send it out in his emails once he confirms the facts.

szczebrzeszyn
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
If the counter on teaparty website gets the time from the local computer, it should be either fixed to use server time (get the base time from the server when the page loads) or taken down and replaced with clear information when to donate (Using ET is the best IMHO). People have bizzare things set on their PCs - never count on them!

Wayne Hammond
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
If the counter on teaparty website gets the time from the local computer, it should be either fixed to use server time (get the base time from the server when the page loads) or taken down and replaced with clear information when to donate (Using ET is the best IMHO). People have bizzare things set on their PCs - never count on them!

Agreed. If people rely on the current countdown counter that is used on www.TeaParty07.com, RonPaulForums.com and other sites, it will be a nightmare, since we need people to donate in EASTERN TIME on Dec. 16th, not their own time zone. Eastern Time is what the official campaign uses for the date, so we need all Tea Party donations to come in 12:01 am - 11:59 pm EST Sunday, December 16th.

Important Note: The current countdown clock on this web site and the TeaParty07 web site uses the user's computer clock and the user's time zone.

If people don't get this straight, we could easily lose up to $1 million in the hours leading up to, and shortly after December 16th-- donations that will get counted for either the 15th or the 17th, instead of the 16th.

This forum member created a donation schedule that is easy to follow:

The server is in EST, so if people want their Tea Party donation to be recorded as having been made on Dec 16th, they should identify their time zone below and donate between the indicated start and end times.

Pacific Time: Donations begin Dec 15th at 9:00:01 pm, end on 16th at 8:59:59 pm.

Mountain Time: Donations begin Dec 15th at 10:00:01 pm, end 16th at 9:59:59 pm.

Central Time: Donations begin Dec 15th at 11:00:01 pm, end on 16th at 10:59:59 pm.

Eastern Time is start and end on Dec 16th, 12:00:01 am to 11:59:59 pm.

-------------------------

LiveFreeorDie
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks and bump for other

nist7
12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Bump

colecrowe
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
This is absolutely the only plan that fully satisfies the requirements of the FEC standard and the Campaign tally. Remember on Nov. 5th they kept saying..."but it will not be official until after the first of the year when the FEC releases the official reports"...well we don't want any wind taken out of our sails at that point. So we have to do it both ways.

Quote:
CelestialRender Senior Member>>>>

<<<Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfShannarah
How about when starting to make donations we start at midnight in your time zone, and for the end of donations donate by midnight EST?

That way we can be sure all of them fall within the 24 hour time period no matter how they measure it.>>>

<<<Very elegant solution. The man has a point. If everyone donates between 12a their time, and 12a EST, then we all fall in both the local 24 hour period, AND the EST 24 hour period.>>>

Hawaii Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Hawaii Time, end on 16th at 7:00 pm Hawaii Time.

Alaska Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Alaska Time, end on 16th at 8:00 pm Alaska Time.

Pacific Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Pacific Time, end on 16th at 9:00 pm Pacific Time.

Mountain Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Mountain Time, end 16th at 10:00 pm Mountain Time.

Central Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Central Time, end on 16th at 11:00 pm Central Time.

Eastern Time: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Eastern Time, end on 16th at 12:00 am Eastern Time.

Other/Foreign Timezones: Donations begin Dec 16th at 12:00 am Eastern Time, end on 16th at 12:00 am Eastern Time.

DXDoug
12-11-2007, 12:01 PM
ya gotta watch the time!

more like the money :D :D :D :eek:

Wayne Hammond
12-11-2007, 12:10 PM
How about when starting to make donations we start at midnight in your time zone, and for the end of donations donate by midnight EST?

That way we can be sure all of them fall within the 24 hour time period no matter how they measure it.

The problem with this is that there are (believe it or not) a number of Americans [ie- military] who live east of the Eastern USA Time Zone (in Europe, for instance)... so if they start donating at 12 midnight their time, they will actually be donating on Saturday, Dec. 15, Eastern Time, and their donation will not be counted towards the Dec. 16th totals.

This is why we need to let everyone know that donations should be made between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm on Dec. 16th EASTERN STANDARD TIME (USA).

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
bump

nist7
12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Very important guys!

szczebrzeszyn
12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I really don't understand the push for 12a.m. YOUR time. It doesn't make any sense and yet there are more and more posts including it... It's 24h donation bomb.

EDIT: Why don't they get that counter off the site and just update the site on 12a.m. ET on the 16th with 'DONATE NOW!!!' ? It would be much better!

nist7
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I really don't understand the push for 12a.m. YOUR time. It doesn't make any sense and yet there are more and more posts including it... It's 24h donation bomb.

EDIT: Why don't they get that counter off the site and just update the site on 12a.m. ET on the 16th with 'DONATE NOW!!!' ? It would be much better!

The reason why there are alot of people wanting to donate early is that if you start off really strong in the first 7 or 8 hours......and when most people wake up they will see 1 or 2 or even 3 million already donated....this will give extra boost to get people to donate more and to get some of the undecided donors to participate.

And I think the counter has been improved:

Important Note: The current countdown clock on this web site and the TeaParty07 web site uses the user's computer clock and the user's time zone.

nist7
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Bump

nist7
12-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Bumpitty bump!

This is very important guys.

Wayne Hammond
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
And I think the counter has been improved:

The countdown clock will read "Donate Now" once the user's clock hits 12:01 am on Dec. 16th. You can test this by setting your computer clock ahead to the 16th.

That should be okay for most folks in the US, as long as those in time zones east of US EST (US military in Europe, for instance) understand that all contributions must be made in Eastern Standard Time.

Trevor told me that he sent a note to the creator of the countdown clock to ask him for a fix. Not sure if this will get done prior to the Tea Party, however.

Nonetheless, we need to keep reminding the newer folks to donate between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on Sunday.

nist7
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
The countdown clock will read "Donate Now" once the user's clock hits 12:01 am on Dec. 16th. You can test this by setting your computer clock ahead to the 16th.

That should be okay for most folks in the US, as long as those in time zones east of US EST (US military in Europe, for instance) understand that all contributions must be made in Eastern Standard Time.

Trevor told me that he sent a note to the creator of the countdown clock to ask him for a fix. Not sure if this will get done prior to the Tea Party, however.

Nonetheless, we need to keep reminding the newer folks to donate between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on Sunday.

Good stuff.

How about including a pic in the original post so that people can easily see the time difference:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/time-zone/usa/usa-time-zone-converters/images/us-time-zones.jpg

FreestarMediaDotCom
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Let's get the number high early so that the media has a big number to report on which may happen in the middle of the day.

szczebrzeszyn
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
The reason why there are alot of people wanting to donate early is that if you start off really strong in the first 7 or 8 hours......and when most people wake up they will see 1 or 2 or even 3 million already donated....this will give extra boost to get people to donate more and to get some of the undecided donors to participate.
That's OK - I was writing about a push on 12 a.m. YOUR time instead of 12a.m. EST. If you check the nov5th stats you'll see the donations started before and ended after that day - probably because of such a push (and misleading counter on the page).

szczebrzeszyn
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
It's a really trivial fix. You just change where you get the base date from and the rest of the code stays the same...There are thousands of scripts that do 'counter' stuff for the web. It has to be fixed.

We'll probably see a pre 12am 16th and post 12am 17th EST donations flow anyway, just like the last time, but hopefully the biggest part of donations will be processed on the right day :)

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
bump

Wayne Hammond
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry if you've seen this already, but we have some new members I'd like to bump this for... and maybe folks can continue bumping it once every couple of hours or so, and then bump it more often than that the closer we get to 12 midnight Saturday night.

Thanks for your understanding, and donate starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time Sunday morning. :)

Drknows
12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey guys i have a new countdown clock being sent to trevor. It will be at the right time.

Wayne Hammond
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey guys i have a new countdown clock being sent to trevor. It will be at the right time.

Well, Drknows knows. ;)

Any idea whether or when he will upload it to the website?

Are you the one he was trying to contact (the creator of the original counter)?

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Good info!

nist7
12-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Less than 24 hours away.....this is VERY important.

Even so, there will probably be hundreds of thousands of dollars 'wasted' because donors did not donate within the 24 hour period of the eastern time zone.

I'll be bumping this thread all day.

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Please Do Not Donate Until The Tea Party Everyone!

burningfur
12-15-2007, 03:46 AM
bump

jrich4rpaul
12-15-2007, 03:56 AM
Start after 12:01am 12/16, and get all donations in before 11:45pm 12/16 EST

I always say before 11:45 in case of server delays. Just to play it safe.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Bump.

Morning, everyone... let's get out there and promote today! Don't donate until 12:01 am Eastern Time tonight...

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 09:04 AM
This has been brought up before, but some folks are confused about WHEN to donate their money...

ALL donations for the Tea Party should be made between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Sunday, December 16th, 2007.

Do you agree?

EDIT: I think we need an announcement prominently posted on TeaParty07.com and reminders send out in Trevor's emails. The countdown ticker is not good enough, since that seems to work off of users' own computer clock, which may or may not be set to the correct time/date.

Edit again: If you need to know what time it is in Eastern Standard Time, click on the link below (you'll need java on your computer):

If you don't have java on your computer (or you're not sure), click here for the correct time:

I think every one would agree. This is important,

Jimmy
12-15-2007, 09:20 AM
This should get really fun:D

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Isn't he in the blimp or something?

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Isn't he in the blimp or something?

I think Trevor is so busy today that he won't get a chance to update the website clock in time. He told me that he would sent a note to the creator of the existing countdown clock to ask for a fix (DrKnows, perhaps?-- I'm not sure who it was)... we'll see what happens.

Nonetheless, we need to keep bumping this thread throughout the day today (or at least keep it on the main Grassroots Central page from 6 pm to 12 midnight tonight) - I can't believe the amount of confusion still about when folks are supposed to donate - there's still people saying that we're supposed to do it in our own time zone - and that is definitely not true.

Simply stating "don't donate until 12 midnight" is not really good enough... All donations should be made in Eastern Standard Time.

If you need to know what time it is in Eastern Standard Time, click on the link below (you'll need java on your computer):

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
I think Trevor is so busy today that he won't get a chance to update the website clock in time. He told me that he would sent a note to the creator of the existing countdown clock to ask for a fix (DrKnows, perhaps?-- I'm not sure who it was)... we'll see what happens.
I think we talked about it in the past, when Trevor disappeared and nobody could change some trivial thing - remember? Looks like history repeats itself. The counter issue was raised long ago and it seems it had no effect...

curiousobserver
12-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Please wait until the website clock says 12:10ET please

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
I think we talked about it in the past, when Trevor disappeared and nobody could change some trivial thing - remember? Looks like history repeats itself. The counter issue was raised long ago and it seems it had no effect...

Well, Trevor is aware of the issue, but doesn't think it's as big of a deal... I and sort of agree with him. We have a couple of things that people may not realize that make the countdown counter issue not as big as I originally thought...

For instance, the counter on www.TeaParty07.com is based on the user's own computer clock and the user's time zone. But, once it hits midnight in the user's time zone, the countdown stops and the banner reads "DONATE NOW". So, it won't be as big of an issue for folks in the western US time zones - at least for the 3 hours leading up to Dec. 16th.

What concerns me more, is that folks in the western time zones may wait until 9, 10 or 11:00 pm Sunday night, thinking they can have their donation counts towards the Dec. 16th totals - but they don't realize that all donations are counted in Eastern Time - thus, if folks on the west coast (Pacific Time) wait until after 9:00 pm Sunday to donate, they will actually be donating on Monday, Dec. 17th in Eastern Time, and their donation will not count towards the TeaParty totals.

This is why I suggest we keep bumping this thread later tonight, and also on the day of the TeaParty.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 10:07 AM
What concerns me more, is that folks in the western time zones may wait until 9, 10 or 11:00 pm Sunday night, thinking they can have their donation counts towards the Dec. 16th totals - but they don't realize that all donations are counted in Eastern Time - thus, if folks on the west coast (Pacific Time) wait until after 9:00 pm Sunday to donate, they will actually be donating on Monday, Dec. 17th in Eastern Time, and their donation will not count towards the TeaParty totals.
Correct for the USA, but don't forget about folks overseas :p

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Correct for the USA, but don't forget about folks overseas :p

Americans overseas can also check Eastern time, say for NYC, from here :p

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

nist7
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Good point.

Bump.

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 12:11 PM

12:01 AM ET right?

Some other good info:

-REMINDER!

do not overload ronpaul2008.com server by continuosly pressing "refresh" on your browser!

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I think it's imprecise to say "wait until the website clock says 12:10ET" - (if by that you mean the countdown clock on teaparty07.com), the teaparty07.com countdown clock is set to the user's computer clock and time zone, and is not necessarily on Eastern Standard Time.

Works okay if you're in the US, but for citizens currently in foreign countries, if they wait until that countdown clock says 12:10 am, Dec. 16th (and they happen to be in Europe), they will be donating way too early for it to count.

It's best to tell folks to go here and check the time:

or here for non-java computers:

Then only donate on Sunday during eastern standard time.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 12:44 PM
He probably meant the clock at the ronpaul2008 flash tracker and that's a good advice.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Americans overseas can also check Eastern time, say for NYC, from here :p

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
And that link and the info 'donate between 12a.m.EST and 11:59:59p.m.' would be much better than the faulty counter. People will see 'DONATE NOW!!!' and they won't bother checking if it's the 16th EST already.

Daniel p
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Bump

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-15-2007, 03:15 PM
One more time

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Please DO NOT DONATE until MIDNIGHT EST!

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Please DO NOT DONATE until MIDNIGHT EST!

Yep... and especially for those in the western time zones, be sure you donate early in the day Sunday.

For folks on the west coast, your donation day ends at 8:59 pm your time - Pacific Time (11:59 pm Eastern Time).

For those in the Mountain Time Zone, your donation day ends at 9:59 pm...(11:59 pm Eastern Time)

For those in the Central Time Zone, our donation day ends at 10:59 pm...(11:59 pm Eastern Time)

curiousobserver
12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Please go by the website's clock and not by your wrist watch or your local computer's time.

Do you agree?

EDIT: I think we need an announcement prominently posted on TeaParty07.com and reminders send out in Trevor's emails. The countdown ticker is not good enough, since that seems to work off of users' own computer clock, which may or may not be set to the correct time/date.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Please go by the website's clock and not by your wrist watch or your local computer's time.

When you post this, you might want to specify that you mean the www.RonPaul2008.com web site clock or the US Government Official Time Server site (below) - NOT the TeaParty07.com countdown clock, which is not set to EST automatically.

Or you can go to the Official US Government's time server for Eastern Time here:

Brian Bailey
12-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Wayne, I've posted your warning at The Paulunteer. If anybody wants to promote it I'm sure it would help get the word out, and the site could certainly use the publicity.

I'd love to see even a fraction of what happened to Paulunteer.com (http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/15/all-donations-for-the-tea-party-should-be-made-between-the-hours-of-1201-am-and-1159-pm-eastern-standard-time-est-on-sunday-december-16th-2007/) on November 30th.

Something to think about.

dirka
12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm so happy I live on the west coast, I can start donating at 9pm!!!!

I also plan to use many different credit cards with smaller amounts so there will be more unique donations, *wink *wink

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Wayne, I've posted your warning at The Paulunteer. If anybody wants to promote it I'm sure it would help get the word out, and the site could certainly use the publicity.

I'd love to see even a fraction of what happened to Paulunteer.com (http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/12/15/all-donations-for-the-tea-party-should-be-made-between-the-hours-of-1201-am-and-1159-pm-eastern-standard-time-est-on-sunday-december-16th-2007/) on November 30th.

Something to think about.

Yeah, good idea - cool. :) I love your website, by the way.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuUUBrC9eQ

(...musical interlude to calm your nerves prior to midnight...) :D

Brian Bailey
12-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, good idea - cool. :) I love your website, by the way.

Thank you :) That really means a lot to me. Generally people don't give a lot of feedback.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Bump.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
and... bump... again.... sorry...

I know the old timers saw this about 100 times already... but it's getting closer to the Tea Party and we undoubtedly have some newer members that need to see this...

The countdown banner on TeaParty07.com has not been updated - it's still set for the user's time, not EST.

Do you agree?

EDIT: The countdown ticker on www.TeaParty07.com is not good enough, since that seems to work off of users' own computer clock, which may or may not be set to the correct time/date.

Oliver
12-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's an overview about all timezones including their
current times ...

http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/world001-blue.swf?TimeZone=PST&

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Bump

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
one hour to go...

Knowguy
12-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Bump!

Knowguy
12-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Bump!

Knowguy
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Bump Yet Again!!!! Needs Stickied This Is Very Important!

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Bump Yet Again!!!! Needs Stickied This Is Very Important!

It actually gets better visability by bumping it. People tend to ignore the stickies. :)

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Thought this was good... donation times in each US time zone...

I pasted it into the original post as well...

Thought this may be helpful:

Eastern Time
December 16th: 00:01-23:59

Central Time
December 15th 23:01-December 16th 22:59

Mountain Time
December 15th 22:01-December 16th 21:59

Pacific Time
December 15th 21:01-December 16th 20:59

Alaskan Time
December 15th 20:01-December 16th 19:59

Hawaiian Time
December 15th 19:01-December 16th 18:59

Trigonx
12-15-2007, 10:31 PM
bump

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
It actually gets better visability by bumping it. People tend to ignore the stickies. :)

Thats true.

We get used to something in front of our eyes all the time, human nature :)

ItsTime
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
bumper