PDA

View Full Version : New Johnson/Weld 2016 ad

phill4paul
07-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Johnseon/Weld 2016 has come out with a new ad. In it the candidates laud each others accomplishments as governors. They don't attack the other candidates but instead boost themselves. Now, I'm not particularly pleased with a Johnson/Weld ticket, however, if they run a campaign like this might it not pay off? Will the vitriol that is predominant in the ClinTrump campaigns drive voters to the middle (which is what I think these two are shooting for)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGD8gJt7weU

cajuncocoa
07-01-2016, 10:05 AM
"Clintrump" -- LOL I'm stealing that.

William Tell
07-01-2016, 10:10 AM
Gary's hashtags of 2016 so far:
#FeelTheJohnson
#youin?

:rolleyes:

RJ Liberty
07-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Johnseon/Weld 2016 has come out with a new ad. In it the candidates laud each others accomplishments as governors. They don't attack the other candidates but instead boost themselves.

I like the ad, but I'm the type of person usually turned off by negative campaigning. This is refreshing.

RJ Liberty
07-01-2016, 03:45 PM
The Facebook version of this ad (https://www.facebook.com/govgaryjohnson/videos/vb.165297924363/10153181398984364/?type=2&theater) was uploaded yesterday morning, and has already been viewed 2.3 million times. The Facebook campaign is going viral.

RJ Liberty
07-02-2016, 01:55 PM
The Facebook video has has more than 3.1 million views in just over two days. Seems word is spreading.

afwjam
07-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Why do they talk about themselves rather then the principles and ideas of Liberty? They continue lying about their records, both grew state spending and debt under their administration.

ChaosControl
07-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Infinitely better than most political ads. Wow a reason why i should vote FOR you as opposed to just reasons why the other guy sucks.

NewRightLibertarian
07-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Why do they talk about themselves rather then the principles and ideas of Liberty? They continue lying about their records, both grew state spending and debt under their administration.

Yep, it's a couple of two establishment career politicians spewing abjectly false BS about their records.

This is exactly NOT how any libertarian in their right mind would want their ideas to be portrayed to the public. It is sad that the LP is so pathetic and desperate that they allowed themselves to be used and abused by these weasels.

07-02-2016, 08:43 PM
It's not bad. Where is this ad running? Is it going to be on TV? Does the LP have to money to run it?

RJ Liberty
07-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Why do they talk about themselves rather then the principles and ideas of Liberty?

Because they are selling themselves to the American people. Most of the people already believe they have liberty (they are wrong, of course).

They continue lying about their records, both grew state spending and debt under their administration.

The libertarian think-tank Cato Institute gave Johnson the sixth-highest score (http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa454.pdf) among governors in 2002, when it came to fiscal policy. He received a solid B rating overall. Cato noted that the "four governors proposing or enacting the largest income tax rate cuts during their tenures are Gary Johnson (New Mexico), Frank Keating (Oklahoma), Ben Cayetano (Hawaii), and Judy Martz (Montana)." Cato also noted that the "The only governors to propose or enact a cut in the gasoline tax were John G. Rowland (Connecticut), Keating (Oklahoma), and Johnson (New Mexico), and they also note that Gary Johnson held off a "big-spend legislature" with three budget vetoes in 2002.

The Cato Institute gave Johnson the fourth-highest "best spending restraint" score, with -2.9% per capita, and gave him an A on tax rates. He received high scores (top ten placements) in the "top tax cutters" category, as well as the "top tax cutters Including Governors' Recommended Changes That Were Not Enacted", and Cato noted that he favored "lean budgets and deep tax cuts".

The non-partisan Rio Grande Foundation points out that Johnson was up against a Democratic legislature and did not and could control all spending in the state: "During Johnsonís tenure the New Mexico legislature was controlled entirely by Democrats. These were no razor-thin margins either: Democrats held approximately 60 percent of all legislative seats. With so many Democrats in the legislature, Johnsonís main impact was in vetoing an astonishing 739 bills over his eight years in office."

William Tell
07-02-2016, 10:15 PM

In Weld's case, its because he doesn't care about liberty. Literally, This guy supported Obama and Romney. He does not hold liberty positions, and has never identified with liberty. Ever. He's a liberal governor from Massachusetts, just like Romney. And, of course a globalist.

Suzanimal
07-03-2016, 05:54 AM

Yep, it's a couple of two establishment career politicians spewing abjectly false BS about their records.

This is exactly NOT how any libertarian in their right mind would want their ideas to be portrayed to the public. It is sad that the LP is so pathetic and desperate that they allowed themselves to be used and abused by these weasels.

In Weld's case, its because he doesn't care about liberty. Literally, This guy supported Obama and Romney. He does not hold liberty positions, and has never identified with liberty. Ever. He's a liberal governor from Massachusetts, just like Romney. And, of course a globalist.

This sums it up for me. + reps (I'm out for sgt150, someone cover me, please.:))

William Tell
07-03-2016, 12:46 PM
This sums it up for me. + reps (I'm out for sgt150, someone cover me, please.:))

Covered.