PDA

View Full Version : $24M Cash seized

tod evans
06-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Fishy shit from Drudge, watch the video at the link 2 min.

Siblings Arrested After $24M Drug Bust, Largest Money Seizure in Miami-Dade Police History

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Siblings-Arrested-After-Drug-Bust-Largest-Money-Seizure-in-Miami-Dade-Police-History-384888001.html

Police made quite the discovery when raiding a home in Miami Lakes on Tuesday: over $24 million from a suspected marijuana trafficker, the largest money seizure in the department's history.
Authorities found the money stuffed in dozens of five-gallon buckets located in a hidden attic compartment inside the home, located off Northwest 169th
Luis Hernandez-Gonzalez, 44, was taken into custody on several drug and firearms charges stemming from an investigation by the Miami-Dade police and the Drug Enforcement Agency. His sister, Salma Hernandez, 32, was also arrested.
Both siblings appeared in court Wednesday, with Hernandez-Gonzalez ordered held on more than $4 million bond. His sister was given a $12,500 bond, and her defense attorney said she expects to be released Thursday.
Police said Hernandez-Gonzalez, who runs The Blossom Experience store in Miami-Dade, was involved in trafficking marijuana to Tennessee along with two other men. He had been the target of an investigation dating back to 2010, speaking with informants about the drug trade, according to police.
The store’s website proclaims its expertise in indoor gardening needs and lists items including lights and fans. The business was raided as part of the operation, with officers finding drugs and $180,000 in a safe.

Hernandez-Gonzalez was recorded on various phone calls giving advice on how to care for the plants. After his arrest, Hernandez-Gonzalez allegedly admitted to helping customers grow the drug.
Authorities said Salma Hernandez works at the shop with her brother.

TheTexan
06-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Nice, time for the Miami PD to do some shopping

I think some bearcats and/or grenade launchers are in order

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-30-2016, 03:17 PM
As an old party friend of mine used to say, "Everybody not guilty--get high!"

Man, I wish I could be on a jury. It would be a nullification feast. I was reading some stuff from the Fully Informed Jury Association (http://fija.org/). They discuss in one article how to nullify without letting on you're a nullifier. Either that, or I would just find this guy not guilty.

By the way, there is this old building down the road from me that used to be a grocery store in the 1940s. It's a semi-rural area. I know the people who own it deal weed and maybe other stuff. No neighbor ever says anything because they really keep a low profile. Used to be pretty rowdy though. One night about 10 years ago, one of the hookers ran to a neighbor's house. The pimp came to get her by going in the house. My (now) 85 year old neighbor stuck his .32 pistol in the guy's chest, telling him to get out of the house. Pretty much how that stuff should be dealt with.

Oh yeah, f*ck the police. Don't hear enough of that on this forum. lol

P3ter_Griffin
06-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Would he get the $24 Million back if the jury came back with a nullification verdict?

presence
06-30-2016, 04:37 PM
Hernandez-Gonzalez was recorded on various phone calls giving advice on how to care for the plants.

So teaching people to grow weed is a crime?

Ha!

TheTexan
06-30-2016, 04:53 PM
Would he get the $24 Million back if the jury came back with a nullification verdict?

No, that would have to happen separately. To get the money back, he'd have to prove that he got the money from a legitimate source.