PDA

View Full Version : Drudge headline: Trump Pulls Into Lead

cajuncocoa
06-30-2016, 06:26 AM
The tables have turned in this week’s White House Watch. After trailing Hillary Clinton by five points for the prior two weeks, Donald Trump has now taken a four-point lead.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with 43% of the vote, while Clinton earns 39%. Twelve percent (12%) still like another candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Last week at this time, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 39%. This is Trump’s highest level of support in Rasmussen Reports’ matchups with Clinton since last October. His support has been hovering around the 40% mark since April, but it remains to be seen whether he’s just having a good week or this actually represents a real move forward among voters.
Trump now earns 75% support among his fellow Republicans and picks up 14% of the Democratic vote. Seventy-six percent (76%) of Democrats like Clinton, as do 10% of GOP voters. Both candidates face a sizable number of potential defections because of unhappiness with them in their own parties.

Clinton appears to have emerged relatively unscathed from the release this week of the House Select Committee on Benghazi’s report on her actions as secretary of State in connection with the murder of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans by Islamic terrorists in September 2012. Rasmussen Reports will be releasing new numbers on Clinton and Benghazi at 10:30 a.m. Eastern today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch

ChristianAnarchist
06-30-2016, 06:31 AM
I still say it doesn't matter what the "vote" is. The biggest criminals aren't going to be stopped by a "vote". They want Billary and I'm afraid that's what we get no matter what the people say...

Peace&Freedom
06-30-2016, 06:50 AM
The results will keep going up and down, but at least Trump can now tweet about one that actually shows him on top. Interesting that this poll was of likely voters, which is usually viewed as a more accurate sample than registered voters (which often skews results Democratic).

Makes one wonder what the results will be if the likely voter sampling standard is applied to the state totals as well. How must camp Hillary feel, spending all that money trying to bury Trump for weeks, only to find him in the lead on the last day of the month?

TheCount
06-30-2016, 07:01 AM
Rasmussen Reports' average poll error is +2% in the Republican's favor.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

cajuncocoa
06-30-2016, 07:09 AM
Rasmussen Reports' average poll error is +2% in the Republican's favor.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/
I know. But I've come to learn that, in this day and age of 5,759 channels on our TVs and alternative media, people gravitate toward information they want to hear. I'm trying to give the RPF membership, which seems to have changed from the mindset of 2008-12, a little of that this morning.