PDA

View Full Version : Mexico president urges North American integration after Brexit

LibertyEagle
06-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Ottawa (AFP) - Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Monday called for greater integration with Canada and the United States in the wake of Britain's vote to split with the European Union.

Nieto, who spoke during a stopover in Quebec City, is scheduled to attend a North American leaders summit in Ottawa on Wednesday with his US and Canadian counterparts.

The three countries are economic partners in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and work closely on security matters.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-president-urges-north-american-integration-brexit-200300558.html

Anti Federalist
06-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Of course he does.

erowe1
06-27-2016, 06:05 PM
To be fair, so does Ron Paul.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2016, 06:08 PM

Ron Paul is in favor of a massive, unrepresentative, North American State?

News to me...

Anti Federalist
06-27-2016, 06:09 PM

Ron Paul is in favor of a massive, unrepresentative, North American State?

News to me...

Cleaner44
06-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Not interested in merging our nation with the shithole they call Mexico.

puppetmaster
06-27-2016, 07:07 PM
To be fair, so does Ron Paul. bullshit.

timosman
06-27-2016, 07:31 PM

if the open borders advocacy was not enough to earn you a ban, this comment sure does.

alucard13mm
06-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Congratulations open border proponents =p. We can become the North American Union in no time. Since we don't care about our borders, we might as well merge with Mexico and even Canada. Hell, Canada would be awesome, they have plenty of water we can transport down to the states :p.

Double Hell, let's just integrate with the entire south American continent as well :3.. We can be the AMERICAN UNION. AU... Au... GOLD!!!

FindLiberty
06-27-2016, 07:59 PM
No way!

And North American integration is not going to qualify the Mexican
President for any special discount on the cost of building the Trump Wall.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Doesn't sound to me like he's in favor of it:

“Once again, decisions that affect millions of Americans are not being made by those Americans themselves, or even by their elected representatives in Congress,” says Paul. “Instead, a handful of elites use their government connections to bypass national legislatures and ignore our Constitution – which expressly grants Congress the sole authority to regulate international trade.”

The ultimate goal, he says, is not simply a superhighway “but an integrated North American Union – complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy and virtually borderless travel within the union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether.”

http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38614/#!

phill4paul
06-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Doesn't sound to me like he's in favor of it:

http://www.wnd.com/2006/10/38614/#!

Ron's been critical of a NAU for as long as we have been a forum or longer. It's been discussed many times since 2007....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Ron+Paul+warns+of+north+american+uni on+site:ronpaulforums.com

alucard13mm
06-27-2016, 08:39 PM
If you don't care about your borders, you don't care about your sovereignty. Why have borders in the first place? hehe

oyarde
06-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Well , we should have annexed Mexico when it was conquered in 1848 .

Anti Federalist
06-27-2016, 08:57 PM
Ron's been critical of a NAU for as long as we have been a forum or longer. It's been discussed many times since 2007....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Ron+Paul+warns+of+north+american+uni on+site:ronpaulforums.com

I know, I was just addressing erowe's ridiculous statement that suggested Ron Paul was in favor of more super state merging.

phill4paul
06-27-2016, 09:00 PM
I know, I was just addressing erowe's ridiculous statement that suggested Ron Paul was in favor of more super state merging.

Right. I was just backing that up by showing that anyone here from '07 should know Ron's position regarding it.

P3ter_Griffin
06-27-2016, 09:13 PM
If you don't care about your borders, you don't care about your sovereignty. Why have borders in the first place? hehe

Nothing screams 'SOVEREIGNTY' quite like being arrested for 'being illegal' or hiring people not on a government approved list...

timosman
06-27-2016, 09:29 PM
Nothing screams 'SOVEREIGNTY' quite like being arrested for 'being illegal' or hiring people not on a government approved list...

Another argument out of left field.

P3ter_Griffin
06-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Another argument out of left field.

??

I think I share virtually the same position as most 'open border' RPFers.

heavenlyboy34
06-27-2016, 10:06 PM

Even if we disregard the CONstitutionalist POV and only accept anarchism(my preference, in all disclosure), there would still exist the concept of private property. Do you think the typical private property owner would be okay with trespassers, foreign or domestic? I highly doubt it, as property owners are normally rationally self-interested and thus do not want trespassers on their property. Even the more "liberal" anarchists accept the importance and legitimacy of property boundaries. (See "Boundaries Of Order" https://mises.org/library/boundaries-order-private-property-social-system by Schaffer and "Privatization Of Roads And Highways" by Block https://mises.org/library/privatization-roads-and-highways)

enhanced_deficit
06-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Does not seem likely anytime soon.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sZ4AAOSwT6pVvPIT/s-l300.jpg

P3ter_Griffin
06-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Even if we disregard the CONstitutionalist POV and only accept anarchism(my preference, in all disclosure), there would still exist the concept of private property. Do you think the typical private property owner would be okay with trespassers, foreign or domestic? I highly doubt it, as property owners are normally rationally self-interested and thus do not want trespassers on their property. Even the more "liberal" anarchists accept the importance and legitimacy of property boundaries. (See "Boundaries Of Order" https://mises.org/library/boundaries-order-private-property-social-system by Schaffer and "Privatization Of Roads And Highways" by Block https://mises.org/library/privatization-roads-and-highways)

Being arrested/punished/w.e. for 'trespassing' is much different than being arrested for 'being illegal'.

eta: this action would usually result in the punisher trespassing on the 'illegal person's' property.

P3ter_Griffin
06-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Congratulations open border proponents =p. We can become the North American Union in no time. Since we don't care about our borders, we might as well merge with Mexico and even Canada. Hell, Canada would be awesome, they have plenty of water we can transport down to the states :p.

Double Hell, let's just integrate with the entire south American continent as well :3.. We can be the AMERICAN UNION. AU... Au... GOLD!!!

Maybe alucard is talking about individual property rights but it sure strikes me as 'American property rights'. My bad if that's not the case.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
06-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto on Monday called for greater integration with Canada and the United States

Is it true that Sr Pena Nieto's running mate is Bill Weld?

Danke
06-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Well , we should have annexed Mexico when it was conquered in 1848 .

Just what America needs… More aborigines to look after.

Danke
06-27-2016, 10:55 PM

http://i.giphy.com/W920wi2GVMv96.gif

oyarde
06-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Just what America needs… More aborigines to look after.

If you had done it then , they would not all be commie leaning leftists , those states would be economic powerhouses .Oil , gold , sea food , hydro electric , desalinization etc

RestorationOfLiberty
06-27-2016, 11:54 PM

Link or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhkNLHictW8

RestorationOfLiberty
06-28-2016, 12:00 AM
So a man from a 3rd world shit heap of a nation wants to join a union that will allow him to better his nation while dragging down a great one..Wow! Who would have thought.

I think we should bring the plan of James k. Polk to compilation.

https://i.imgur.com/pwXoy.jpg

Just relocate the natives and all will be well. Call it back payment for the cost/burden of illegal immigration.

DamianTV
06-28-2016, 12:37 AM
Yeah, the EU worked out so well that we just had Brexit! EU failed so hard that we should do exactly what they did. Pure. Genius. NOT!

What does he plan to do, export his financial failure?

RestorationOfLiberty
06-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Yeah, the EU worked out so well that we just had Brexit! EU failed so hard that we should do exactly what they did. Pure. Genius. NOT!

What does he plan to do, export his financial failure?

Its Mexico, if they were smart it would not be...well you know, Mexico.

AZJoe
06-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Bout time Washington took over Mexico. In recognition it should be renamed Baja Texas and The Texan should be appointed its governor. :D

LibertyEagle
06-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Bout time Washington took over Mexico. In recognition it should be renamed Baja Texas and The Texan should be appointed its governor. :D

I know you're kidding, but don't even go there. With our welfare state, imagine the effect of doing this. Not to mention the fact that Mexicans tend to favor big government and would be voting thusly.

Ronin Truth
06-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Let's encourage Mexico to join the SAU (South American Union). :D

They already all speak the same language (except for Brazil :p).

Anti Federalist
06-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah, sounds like he's all for more internationalist integration.

:rolleyes:

After ‘Brexit,’ Can We Exit a Few Things Too?

By Ron Paul

Ron Paul Institute

June 28, 2016

Last week’s UK vote to leave the EU may have come as a shock to many, but the sentiment that led British voters to reject rule from Brussels is nothing unique. In fact, it is growing sentiment worldwide. Frustration with politics as usual, with political parties that really do not differ in philosophy, with an economy that serves the one percent at the expense of the rest of society is a growing phenomenon throughout Europe and in the United States as well. The Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump phenomena are but one example of a frustrated public sensing something is very wrong with society and looking for a way out.

What is happening in the UK, in Europe, and in the US, is nothing less than a breakdown of the entire system. The EU was meant to be a customs union where post-World War II Western Europe could rebuild itself through free trade and a reduction in bureaucracy. Through corruption and political ambition, it became an unelected bully government in Brussels, where the well-connected were well compensated and insulated from the votes of mere citizens.

Whatever happens in the near future – and it is certainly not assured that the vote to “Brexit” will actually end in the UK’s departure from the EU – a line has been crossed that supporters of more personal liberty should celebrate. Rule from London is preferable to liberty-minded Britons than rule from Brussels. Just as Texans should prefer rule from Austin to rule from Washington. That doesn’t make either option perfect, just more likely to produce more freedom.

Is Brexit the first victory in a larger freedom movement? Can we get out of a system that creates money out of thin air to benefit the ruling class while impoverishing the middle class? Can we get out of a central bank that finances the wars that make us less safe? Can we exit Executive Orders? Can we exit the surveillance state? The PATRIOT Act? Can we exit NDAA and indefinite detention? Can we exit the US worldwide drone program, that kills innocents overseas and makes us ever more hated?

Getting out of NATO would be a good first move. This Cold War relic survives only by stirring up conflict and then selling itself as the only option to confront the conflict it churned up. Wouldn’t it be better to not go looking for a fight in the first place? Do we really need still another NATO military exercise on the Russian border? It should be no surprise that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg was fear-mongering on the eve of the Brexit vote, warning UK citizens that if they vote to leave they could face increased terrorism.

Likewise, the US would do well to exit the various phony “free trade” agreements that provide an advantage to the well-connected elites while harming the rest of us.

The act of exit is liberating. We should make a longer list of those things we would like to get out of. I am only getting started.

William Tell
06-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Likewise, the US would do well to exit the various phony “free trade” agreements that provide an advantage to the well-connected elites while harming the rest of us.

The act of exit is liberating. We should make a longer list of those things we would like to get out of. I am only getting started.

Yes please.

phill4paul
06-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah, sounds like he's all for more internationalist integration.

:rolleyes:

After ‘Brexit,’ Can We Exit a Few Things Too?

By Ron Paul

Ron Paul Institute

June 28, 2016

Last week’s UK vote to leave the EU may have come as a shock to many, but the sentiment that led British voters to reject rule from Brussels is nothing unique. In fact, it is growing sentiment worldwide. Frustration with politics as usual, with political parties that really do not differ in philosophy, with an economy that serves the one percent at the expense of the rest of society is a growing phenomenon throughout Europe and in the United States as well. The Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump phenomena are but one example of a frustrated public sensing something is very wrong with society and looking for a way out.

What is happening in the UK, in Europe, and in the US, is nothing less than a breakdown of the entire system. The EU was meant to be a customs union where post-World War II Western Europe could rebuild itself through free trade and a reduction in bureaucracy. Through corruption and political ambition, it became an unelected bully government in Brussels, where the well-connected were well compensated and insulated from the votes of mere citizens.

Whatever happens in the near future – and it is certainly not assured that the vote to “Brexit” will actually end in the UK’s departure from the EU – a line has been crossed that supporters of more personal liberty should celebrate. Rule from London is preferable to liberty-minded Britons than rule from Brussels. Just as Texans should prefer rule from Austin to rule from Washington. That doesn’t make either option perfect, just more likely to produce more freedom.

Is Brexit the first victory in a larger freedom movement? Can we get out of a system that creates money out of thin air to benefit the ruling class while impoverishing the middle class? Can we get out of a central bank that finances the wars that make us less safe? Can we exit Executive Orders? Can we exit the surveillance state? The PATRIOT Act? Can we exit NDAA and indefinite detention? Can we exit the US worldwide drone program, that kills innocents overseas and makes us ever more hated?

Getting out of NATO would be a good first move. This Cold War relic survives only by stirring up conflict and then selling itself as the only option to confront the conflict it churned up. Wouldn’t it be better to not go looking for a fight in the first place? Do we really need still another NATO military exercise on the Russian border? It should be no surprise that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg was fear-mongering on the eve of the Brexit vote, warning UK citizens that if they vote to leave they could face increased terrorism.

Indexit? Individual exit. Well, unfortunately not, Ron. You see no one is going to use force of arms to stop British exit. But, through the good fortune of being born in a certain state you cannot do as nations do.

donnay
06-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Flashback:

Bush sneaking North American super-state without oversight?
http://www.wnd.com/2006/06/36586/#bxo8eRRj1TfLAkLi.99

donnay
06-28-2016, 03:42 PM
How about Amerexit the UN!

pcosmar
06-28-2016, 06:37 PM

Was wondering what the Ban was for,,,

Was that deliberate,, or a bad brain fart?

It is quite incorrect as you know.

timosman
06-28-2016, 10:55 PM
http://www.international.gc.ca/americas-ameriques/north_america-amerique_du_nord/relationship-relation.aspx?lang=eng

Canada, the United States and Mexico have long collaborated as continental partners in the world’s most prosperous region. The North America region has a combined population of almost 530 million and an economy that represents more than one-quarter of the world’s GDP. The three countries are amongst each other’s largest trading partners and sources of foreign investment. The continent’s abundant natural resources and integrated continental energy markets provide important economic and security benefits for our citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOXKKQzhGck

otherone
06-29-2016, 05:08 AM

Why do zoos have cages? If they'd just chip all of us, they wouldn't even need borders.

AngryCanadian
06-29-2016, 05:47 AM

After few years of following Ron Paul, i see nowhere where Paul has supported the idea of NAU.

Champ
06-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Looks like political leaders and pseudo political journalists are being exposed for what they are and what they believe in thanks to brexit. Leeches.

Anytime someone else does the work for you at minimal cost, you are in an advantageous position and these folks, much like the Mexican presidente here, are seeing the tide turn on there globalist strategy. They are losing ground and they are feeling it.

rprprs
06-29-2016, 02:07 PM
The news conference currently underway from the North American Leaders summit is enough to turn one's stomach. :mad:

susano
06-30-2016, 01:42 AM
Flashback:

Department of Commerce needs to go. One of many.

Many SPP working groups appear to be working toward achieving specific objectives as defined by a May 2005 Council on Foreign Relations task force report, which presented a blueprint for expanding the SPP agreement into a North American Union that would merge the U.S., Canada and Mexico into a new governmental form.

Referring to the SPP joint declaration, the report, entitled “Building a North American Community,” stated:

The Task Force is pleased to provide specific advice on how the partnership can be pursued and realized.

To that end, the Task Force proposes the creation by 2010 of a North American community to enhance security, prosperity, and opportunity. We propose a community based on the principle affirmed in the March 2005 Joint Statement of the three leaders that “our security and prosperity are mutually dependent and complementary.” Its boundaries will be defined by a common external tariff and an outer security perimeter within which the movement of people, products, and capital will be legal, orderly, and safe. Its goal will be to guarantee a free, secure, just, and prosperous North America.

Exactly like the EU which is goods, services, people and capital with a supranational, unelected, unaccountable beats of a government (as if our own isn't bad enough) to run the show.

CFR is the US version of The Royal Institute of International Affairs, a.k.a., Chatham House. Their creation and the League of Nations was the beginning of global government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9wxl1Dmas

susano
06-30-2016, 01:53 AM
Flashback:

In that article, the link to the SPP site is dead. That's how these snakes work. They're always re-naming the projects, even when they haven't changed. Makes it harder to keep up with what they're doing.

One person we know who was on one of the committees was Heidi Cruz:

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/ted-cruz-again-battles-globalist-charge-against-wife/

susano
06-30-2016, 02:06 AM
Why do zoos have cages? If they'd just chip all of us, they wouldn't even need borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGcatieMvfk

TheTexan
06-30-2016, 02:08 AM
It could work. A single government, to rule them all,

my precious....

timosman
06-30-2016, 02:11 AM
In that article, the link to the SPP site is dead. That's how these snakes work. They're always re-naming the projects, even when they haven't changed. Makes it harder to keep up with what they're doing.

The entire domain is gone. Here is an archived copy - https://web.archive.org/web/20060702233813/http://spp.gov/report_to_leaders/index.asp?dName=report_to_leaders

susano
06-30-2016, 02:46 AM
The entire domain is gone. Here is an archived copy - https://web.archive.org/web/20060702233813/http://spp.gov/report_to_leaders/index.asp?dName=report_to_leaders

On the Working Groups page, it starts right off with double talk:

Explore new approaches to enhance the competitiveness of North American industries by promoting greater cooperation in sectors such as autos, steel, and other sectors identified through consultations.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060704073201/http://spp.gov/prosperity_working/index.asp?dName=prosperity_working

You don't enhance competition through harmonization. The only competitiveness these people care is driving down wages for workers and flooding everybody with immigrant labor so the natives are forced to compete. It's the old race to the bottom for the plantation and more profits for the massah.

erowe1
07-04-2016, 08:55 PM
if the open borders advocacy was not enough to earn you a ban, this comment sure does.

You called it.

I actually just posted that as bait and intended to defend it after it got people riled up, but never got the chance, the ban came too fast.

It was a true statement though. You don't have to be for any kind of super-state over North America to want free movement of people and goods throughout it. I saw nothing objectionable in what the Mexican president said.

Anti Federalist
07-04-2016, 09:24 PM
You called it.

I actually just posted that as bait and intended to defend it after it got people riled up, but never got the chance, the ban came too fast.

It was a true statement though. You don't have to be fore any kind of super-state over North America to want free movement of people and goods throughout it. I saw nothing objectionable in what the Mexican president said.

On the first day of his state visit, Pena Nieto also signaled Mexico's intention to join a fledgling continental carbon market with Quebec, Ontario and the US state of California.

He is also expected to announce matching cuts to US methane emissions, which Canada agreed to in March.

If you don't think this will not result in whole new rafts of rules, regulations and unrepresentative fatwas that will directly impact the people of the United States, you're nuts.