TheNewYorker
12-08-2007, 05:51 AM
you heard it here first.

rational thinker
12-08-2007, 05:53 AM
I thought it was 8 million.

expatinireland
12-08-2007, 06:00 AM
We should have learnt from our experience with Nov 30 and The Blimp campaign that we shouldn't bandy big numbers about to potentially give the MSM tools to crucify us if we don't attain them.

yaz
12-08-2007, 06:06 AM
they already set the goal at 10 million unfortunately.

TheNewYorker
12-08-2007, 06:09 AM
they already set the goal at 10 million unfortunately.

They should have set it at 5million to beat their nov 5th goal, and overdelivered.

But I guarantee you we will hit 7 million on dec 16th.

brianbb98
12-08-2007, 06:14 AM
im not even going to post my thoughts on the total

if its too low i'll get bashed for having low expectations and lowering moral

if its too high i'll get bashed for raising peoples hopes too high when we dont hit that point

eh.. i think guessing like this (and theres plenty of posts) is a waste of time...

yaz
12-08-2007, 06:18 AM
i predict... (holds pinky finger to mouth)... 1 billion dollars.

TheNewYorker
12-08-2007, 06:22 AM

Very unrealistic, but if we could get every Ron Paul supporter in the USA to max out on Dec 16th, we could actually get over 300 million dollars on that day.

dvictr
12-08-2007, 09:04 AM
i would bet on 8 million but im more excited about the attention and support following the teaparty... dec. 17th will be an above average day of fundraising for ron paul

LiveFreeorDie
12-08-2007, 02:48 PM
We should strive for $10 million!

Anything less would be perceived as a failure

JacobLyles
12-09-2007, 10:54 PM
I think we could break $7 million too. I'm REALLY hoping we break $5.7 million, the one-day record.

Chester Copperpot
12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
All I know is the campaign will Raise $12 MIllion plus December 16th.. So if we can raise $8 million for the tea party.. we'll raise $20 million for the quarter.. That would be stupendous

AlexK
12-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I predict 6.

Original_Intent
12-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I just hope the servers can keep up.

On November 5th the "donation line" at RonPaulgraphs went vertical and never really slowed down all day and the day after was huge as well.

There was talk that the servers started lagging and couldn't keep up with the load and so it kept processing transactions from the 5th well into the next day.

I am not saying that is what happened, I am saying that is what has been said.

Just donate early and get the ball rolling and lets see what kind of capacity the server can handle! :D

jgmaynard
12-09-2007, 11:43 PM
All I care about is we get over 6.4 that day, beating the highest one-day ever and that we get $20M+ this quarter to be able to say that only Ron can outfundraise Hillary. :)

JM

Man from La Mancha
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Yea of little imagination and faith, I can't wait to say I told you so. It will far, far beyond 10 mil.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

CelestialRender
12-10-2007, 06:57 AM
We should have learnt from our experience with Nov 30 and The Blimp campaign that we shouldn't bandy big numbers about to potentially give the MSM tools to crucify us if we don't attain them.

People bandying around numbers that had no basis in reality was the problem. I've predicted all the money bombs, within a couple thousand dollars so far.

Read my lips: This one WILL raise at least $7 million. The numbers support that.

The question is only how much MORE can we raise...my rashly optimistic side is hoping for 10 million, and my inner pessimist is hoping for 8. I don't see less than that realistically.

CelestialRender
12-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Reasons this one will be bigger than the other money bombs:

1. The media knows in advance. They're going to be watching this, any time they're slow and don't have a story to run. This will increase participation.

2. This was the only money bomb not planned within a fortnight of its launch.

3. Trevor-hate, and email-phobia have skyrocketed in this particular drive. While this hasn't caused anyone to not support the bomb, it has caused people to drop off of the list, or never pledge up. This means more "hidden" donors.

4. No other money bomb was advertised to the general public -- only the "faithful".

5. Success breeds success...there are so many fun milestones to break, people will be donating money they don't have -- myself included :(

slantedview
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
7 is good enough, 10 is better :)

rational thinker
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Very unrealistic, but if we could get every Ron Paul supporter in the USA to max out on Dec 16th, we could actually get over 300 million dollars on that day.

No, you didn't get it. He's making a Dr. Evil impression.:D

RonPaulFTFW
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
as long as we clear 4.3 mil it's still an earth shattering record.

lighting striking twice basically.

hillertexas
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM

LOL

freedom-maniac
12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
No, you didn't get it. He's making a Dr. Evil impression.:D

Shouldn't it be in yen and not dollars then? :)

freedom-maniac
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
as long as we clear 4.3 mil it's still an earth shattering record.

lighting striking twice basically.

As long as we raise more than Romney I'm happy. They news is saying that although Paul is surpassing him, that Romney will just donate a few million of his own money in the last few days of the quarter to his campaign so he can say that he raised the most. I hope we raise so much that Romney goes for broke trying to surpass us!

CountryboyRonPaul
12-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I predict More than Huckabee's entire 4th Quarter total :cool:

Naraku
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I predict $20 million! I'm saying this because non-pledged donors are far more numerous here than before.

I think there will be at least 3 times as many people donating as those pledged. That would get $10 million based simply on November 5th averages, but people have a lot more time to build up funds and are going all-out for this. I predict far more money coming in from pledgers.

This is not even considering people who aren't even planning who would feel enthusiastic due to all the money raised. Considering campaign e-mails in the mix, I think this will definitely get a lot.

The object should be to have the biggest fundraising quarter ever! Obama has the record for $32.5 million I believe. If online donations can get this to $11 million by December 16th, throwing in offline donations of likely about $400,000, there would be a need for over $21.2 million to break the record.

Another method is to just double the amount by November 5th standards since there was twice as much time to raise money. That's $15 million. Better yet consider how much was generated by a spontaneous e-mail compared to before. I'd say that at least doubled. I would say that means support has doubled so you might be able to double that numbers as well.

Of course, that's way too high.

However, I expect $35 million by the end of this quarter or hope for it, whatever.

AlexMerced
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm so anxious

Man from La Mancha
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I predict $20 million! I'm saying this because non-pledged donors are far more numerous here than before.

I think there will be at least 3 times as many people donating as those pledged. That would get $10 million based simply on November 5th averages, but people have a lot more time to build up funds and are going all-out for this. I predict far more money coming in from pledgers.

This is not even considering people who aren't even planning who would feel enthusiastic due to all the money raised. Considering campaign e-mails in the mix, I think this will definitely get a lot.

The object should be to have the biggest fundraising quarter ever! Obama has the record for $32.5 million I believe. If online donations can get this to $11 million by December 16th, throwing in offline donations of likely about $400,000, there would be a need for over $21.2 million to break the record.

Another method is to just double the amount by November 5th standards since there was twice as much time to raise money. That's $15 million. Better yet consider how much was generated by a spontaneous e-mail compared to before. I'd say that at least doubled. I would say that means support has doubled so you might be able to double that numbers as well.

Of course, that's way too high.

However, I expect $35 million by the end of this quarter or hope for it, whatever.At last someone else that figure it out.:D

koob
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
i'm hoping for 8 million. that would be good enough!

Austin
12-10-2007, 10:01 PM
As long as we raise more than Romney I'm happy. They news is saying that although Paul is surpassing him, that Romney will just donate a few million of his own money in the last few days of the quarter to his campaign so he can say that he raised the most. I hope we raise so much that Romney goes for broke trying to surpass us!

You know what I think? I think the amount Romney donates to himself will reflect his confidence. If we raise 8 million on the 16th, and he doesn't write himself a check to surpass our Q4 fund raising, I would think that would indicate a lack of confidence.

Billy Baro7
12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
im not even going to post my thoughts on the total

if its too low i'll get bashed for having low expectations and lowering moral

if its too high i'll get bashed for raising peoples hopes too high when we dont hit that point

eh.. i think guessing like this (and theres plenty of posts) is a waste of time...

Yep your 100% correct! That is why America is F'd up like it is today! If you think outside the box your marked as a nut case! Its a same it the same way here in the RP World as it is on Fox!!!

Billy Baro7
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
I don't think we come close to 5 Million on the 16th! Over the whole weekend yes around 5 million! To much has taken away from this event!!! To many chiefs in the kitchen and the idea is going to get burned! I'm thinking about unloading on the under of 6M at SPORTS BOOK lay 1 to win 2 on the under 6 million!!! NOT BAD odds if you like to fade the publc!!!!

icon124
12-10-2007, 11:37 PM
i had good intentions on donating my $100 on the 16th, BUT i just got a $100 ticket today...so there goes my donation :(

CelestialRender
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't think we come close to 5 Million on the 16th! Over the whole weekend yes around 5 million! To much has taken away from this event!!! To many chiefs in the kitchen and the idea is going to get burned! I'm thinking about unloading on the under of 6M at SPORTS BOOK lay 1 to win 2 on the under 6 million!!! NOT BAD odds if you like to fade the publc!!!!

Are you going to issue a formal retraction of this statement when you are proven completely and utterly wrong on Sunday? The Tea Party WILL raise $7 million dollars...the only question is how much MORE it will raise.

Nyte
12-11-2007, 04:50 PM
As long as we beat Hillary's $6.2 Million in one day... we're golden.

shepburn
12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
the tide is rolling back before the big Tsunami!

The 16th will blow all of us away!!!

fireinme
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree it will probably be 7 million

ComradeVlad
12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
i have my mothers credit card so i will be donating $400 myself on the 16th and $2,300 on her credit card.

this is going to be ahuge day. we need to hit at least 10 million!!!!1

Aldanga
12-12-2007, 03:27 PM
i have my mothers credit card so i will be donating $400 myself on the 16th and $2,300 on her credit card.

With her permission, I assume?

jumpyg1258
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM

This is not legal and based on your other posts such as RP supporting Romney, I have to agree with TROLL status.

Mahkato
12-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Do I get bonus points if I send my donation in the form of gold?

Seriously though, I'm toying with the idea of cashing in a CD early and taking the penalty just so I can donate more. I'm losing money on it anyway, thanks to inflation.