PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Maintains WV GOP Delegate Lead

qwerty
12-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Charleston, WV (HNN) – Based on numbers released Friday, Dec. 7, by www.wvgopconvention.com Ron Paul has increased his delegate count to 229, while Mitt Romney stays close behind with 225 delegates. Fred Thompson is in a solid third place with 170 delegates, followed by Mike Huckabee at 134, Rudy Giuliani with 93, John McCain had 27, and Alan Keyes, 6.

These are not cited as final tallies; they are the number of qualifying uncounted delegates as of Friday, Dec. 7. The newest figures recorded just 36 new committed delegates. The number of uncommitted delegates grew from 630 to 671.

After all of the delegate registrations are processed, an online vote will be conducted among at-large candidates competing for more spots than there are vacancies. The West Virginia Convention will have a total of 1,446 delegates. For instance, Kanawha County now has 150 delegates but only 51 slots are available.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/political/071208-rutherford-politicalronpaul.html

BECOME A DELEGATE TO WIN THIS THING!!!!

:cool:

sharedvoice
12-08-2007, 07:15 AM
This is great news, but we need to continue to step it up. My wife is out there right now talking to many delegates in the state.

Menthol Patch
12-08-2007, 07:16 AM
This is awesome! We are in the lead!

shepburn
12-08-2007, 08:06 AM
this is confusing as heck ... how significant is this lead? Can someone put all this in perspective please? Are the 229 garrunteed to go to the National GOP convention in Sept?

jpinkerton
12-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't think Ron Paul's numbers would've been nearly as high had a lot of grassroots members not chipped in. Congrats to you WV folks! Really shows you how we can all make such a huge impact!

robofx
12-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I don't think Ron Paul's numbers would've been nearly as high had a lot of grassroots members not chipped in. Congrats to you WV folks! Really shows you how we can all make such a huge impact!

Bradley in DC insists the Ron Paul campaign selects its own slate of delegate candidates. Is he spreading disinformation?

Spirit of '76
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Bradley in DC insists the Ron Paul campaign selects its own slate of delegate candidates. Is he spreading disinformation?

No, he isn't. As a matter of fact, I have never seen him do so yet.

The campaign will select its own slate of delegates to the national convention, if our county delegates to the state convention manage to bring in a win for Ron Paul.

steph3n
12-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Bradley is talking about the process in DC it varies by state/region the HQ didn't communicate or allow the grassroots some access which severely hampered getting on the ballot in DC.

Now....this is about WV, GOOD WORK GUYS WAY TO GO!!!

Spirit of '76
12-08-2007, 01:11 PM
this is confusing as heck ... how significant is this lead? Can someone put all this in perspective please? Are the 229 garrunteed to go to the National GOP convention in Sept?

These are potential delegates to the WV state convention in February. We still have to get most of them elected.

robofx
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
No, he isn't. As a matter of fact, I have never seen him do so yet.

The campaign will select its own slate of delegates to the national convention, if our county delegates to the state convention manage to bring in a win for Ron Paul.

Ahhhhhh. The light bulb lighteth in my thick head. Thanks.