PDA

View Full Version : Clinton regains double-digit lead over Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll

CPUd
06-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Clinton regains double-digit lead over Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll
NEW YORK | By Chris Kahn

NEW YORK Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

The June 20-24 poll showed that 46.6 percent of likely American voters supported Clinton while 33.3 percent supported Trump. Another 20.1 percent said they would support neither candidate.

Trump had enjoyed a brief boost in support following the June 12 mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, as he doubled down on his pledge to ban Muslims from entering the country, cutting Clinton's lead to nine points.

But Trump's rise in popularity appeared to be only temporary, unlike his lasting surge among the Republican field last year after the attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino, California.

Clinton's 13.3 percentage point lead is about the same as she had before the Orlando attack.

Trump's slip this week came as he struggled to show that he can keep up with a Clinton campaign apparatus that has dwarfed his in size and funding.

Campaign finance disclosures released earlier this week showed Trump started June with a war chest of just $1.3 million, a fraction of Clinton's $42 million. Trump sought to ease concerns among his allies by saying that he could tap his "unlimited" personal wealth if needed, and also by bolstering efforts to raise money through fundraising events and online donations.

Meanwhile, Republican leaders including House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker continued to express reservations about their new standard bearer, who has angered some in the party with his fiery rhetoric.

Ryan and Walker both said over the past week that they felt Republicans should follow their "conscience" when deciding to support the party's likely nominee, instead of urging party members to support him.

The poll only captured some of the voter reaction to Britain's decision in Thursday's referendum to exit the European Union, a move that some pundits say suggests Trump's insurgent candidacy has tapped into a broad and powerful anti-globalization wave sweeping Western countries.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online and included interviews with 1,201 likely voters in all 50 states. It has a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 3.3 percentage points.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0ZA3KG

jmdrake
06-25-2016, 04:41 PM
So Hillary went down (she was at 49%) and Trump went down further. I think Trump's baffling position on gun control hurt him. Saying he was open to banning guns for those on the no fly list hurt him with gun enthusiasts without helping him with the gun grabbers.

CPUd
06-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Wait until they find out he just flipped on the Muslim ban.

Ronin Truth
06-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Best poll results money can buy. :p

06-25-2016, 05:14 PM
I can't recall any major party candidate polling 1/3 ever. This might be an all time low in modern politics.

AngryCanadian
06-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Best poll results money can buy. :p

Just like how the polls in UK showed that the Remain would win but didn't? ;)

RandallFan
06-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Gary Johnson tells Jon Stewart he has 8 percent support nationally
By Louis Jacobson (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/staff/louis-jacobson/) on Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.

Johnson responded, "The notion here is to actually win the race. I mean, that’s the pie-in-the-sky notion. To do that, I have to poll at 15 percent to get on the national debate stage with Obama and Romney. Right now, I’m polling at about 8 percent against the two of them. … The biggest ingredient in my being at 8 percent is the fact that I’m the third name being listed, not so much me." We wondered whether Johnson is really pulling down 8 percent support. (After all, he never broke 1 percent in a Republican primary.)

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jun/06/gary-johnson/gary-johnson-tells-jon-stewart-he-has-8-percent-su/

openfire
06-25-2016, 06:13 PM
lol @ the Hillary supporters giving this news 5 stars.

CaptUSA
06-25-2016, 06:19 PM
lol @ the Hillary supporters giving this news 5 stars.

Ugh. Please give evidence that anyone here supports Hillary.

You still don't get it.

silverhandorder
06-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Ugh. Please give evidence that anyone here supports Hillary.

You still don't get it.

Jules said she feels she wants to vote Hillary since we bash her.

CPUd supported Hillary in 08.

One or two lefties that we knew were Dems before 2016 on this forum.

jmdrake
06-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Jules said she feels she wants to vote Hillary since we bash her.

CPUd supported Hillary in 08.

One or two lefties that we knew were Dems before 2016 on this forum.

Okay. Well I voted Ron both times in the primary and for the constitution party in the general. In 2008 I was happy to see McCain loose because I hated how he and others had treated Ron and I seriously was hoping that at the very least Obama would stop the wars even though my gut told me he wouldn't. (My gut was right). In 2012 I was less happy to see Romney lose. I despised Romney as much as McCain, but Obama had already started doing real damage and hadn't stopped any wars. (Okay. We had "left" Iraq, but not a day before the date Bush had negotiated us to leave.) Still it was good to be able to say to the stupid Romney supporters who voted for him because "He's the one that can beat Obama" that "I told you so!" Now I can't stand Trump for what he did to Rand Paul, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz. And some of the folks around here who were on the "trash Cruz" bandwagon, to the point of spreading national enquirer lies about the man, I will have a hard time forgiving regardless of what happens next. That was disgusting and unbecoming of the liberty movement. And because of how foul and evil such Trump supporters were, there is a part of me, albeit a small part, that would love to say "I told you so" if/when he gets his butt handed to him by Hillary. But then I'm torn because I know Hillary will be terrible for the country. Not torn enough to even think about voting for that jackass in the general election mind you, but torn still.

That said, Trump undermining the second amendment (already flip flopped on it and I've yet to see him come back and "clarify" his no fly list statement to any satisfactory degree), and Trump's support for touchback amnesty will be enough "I told you so." I hope Trump doesn't undermine the 2nd amendment, but I hope he does do his "touchback amnesty" plan and, as is the obvious result, Latino immigration goes through the freaking roof! It's not so much that I want more Mexicans here. I could care less one way or another. But for so many Trump supporters this is sooooooo important to them, that when Trump finally betrays them on this, as he has already promised to do, their collective heads will explode. That will make all of this current pain totally worth it.

silverhandorder
06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
I did not read that wall of text. But I skimmed one part I would like to reply to. As far as not voting for Trump I could care less. I can respect someone who would not vote for a person.

What I find deceitful is when someone spams the forum targeting Trump and then claims they have no ulterior motive.

CPUd
06-25-2016, 09:07 PM
I did not read that wall of text. But I skimmed one part I would like to reply to. As far as not voting for Trump I could care less. I can respect someone who would not vote for a person.

What I find deceitful is when someone spams the forum targeting Trump and then claims they have no ulterior motive.

Who is spamming the board? Sounds like something you should take up with the admins.

enhanced_deficit
06-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Even if MSM owners report triple digit lead for SWC, she remains un-electable.

http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/benghazi-coverup-barack-obama-hillary-clinton-susan-rice-innocence-of-muslims.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/02/15/16/31392E5100000578-3447105-image-a-5_1455552611471.jpg
Notorious war criminals enabler ****bag John Lewis [sic] is now stumping for SWC HRC.

CPUd
06-25-2016, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrXrbQIDi0

06-25-2016, 10:51 PM
Even if MSM owners report triple digit lead for SWC, she remains un-electable.

I think you need a dose of reality. She's almost surely going to win. We're fucked either way so it really doesn't matter I suppose.

Ender
06-25-2016, 11:20 PM

I find it deceitful when we were asked early on NOT to support Trump and the Trumpsters ignored that and bashed people who did not agree.

I'm glad to see the carpe about Trump and his flip-flops; I don't have time to surf the internet for news.

When CPUd and others started posting articles showing the fraud that Trump is, then the immediate Trumpster cry was that the ones posting Trump's obvious flipflops, and very questionable stances, were Hitlery supporters. NO ONE is a Hitlery supporter; but some may wonder if she will give us the faster implosion or if it will be The Donald.

Very few Trumpies on this board can actually carry on an intelligent conversation and show why they support him and also have any meaningful dialog w/o calling names and throwing insults.

On a Ron Paul forum, I find THAT deceitful.

silverhandorder
06-26-2016, 04:47 PM
I find it deceitful when we were asked early on NOT to support Trump and the Trumpsters ignored that and bashed people who did not agree.

I'm glad to see the carpe about Trump and his flip-flops; I don't have time to surf the internet for news.

When CPUd and others started posting articles showing the fraud that Trump is, then the immediate Trumpster cry was that the ones posting Trump's obvious flipflops, and very questionable stances, were Hitlery supporters. NO ONE is a Hitlery supporter; but some may wonder if she will give us the faster implosion or if it will be The Donald.

Very few Trumpies on this board can actually carry on an intelligent conversation and show why they support him and also have any meaningful dialog w/o calling names and throwing insults.

On a Ron Paul forum, I find THAT deceitful.

Sorry I don't consider you to be a good at arguing or knowing anything either.