PDA

View Full Version : Uses of campaign funds

gpickett00
12-08-2007, 04:15 AM
I have been thinking a lot about the use of campaign funds. My roommate and I are doing our best to save up money to travel to Iowa for "A Ron Paul Christmas." I have considered chipins as a way to raise money but until today I wasn't sure if its the best way to go. After thinking about it, I created one to help send us to canvass in Iowa.

The question is: Is it better to donate directly to the campaign or is it better to donate to chipins where you know exactly where donations are going?

Until recently I would direct anybody willing to donate to the official site. But after thinking about it, by donating to a chipin in which you agree with the cause, you know what the money is being spent towards. I am not suggesting that the campaign is in any way squandering funds, I just want t know what yall think.

Thoughts?

and of course, if you are able, donate to our chipin!!!
http://2studentscanvassiowa.chipin.com/2-students-canvass-iowa

troyd1
12-08-2007, 05:00 AM
I think that most chipins are great as you are giving money to motivated individuals. If you think it is worthy, go for it.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 07:36 AM
give to both, definetley give to the campaign on the 16th, no doubt about that

Jimmy
12-08-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm honestly starting to think we should split funds on the 16th to promote the chip ins for the new ads to run in the earily states. Campaign doesn't seem to be doing this at all or very little. I hear tell one new commerical made during Thandksgiving holiday :confused: I have heard no other news. All the money in the world isn't going to get it if we do not do well in Iowa and NH and seems to me there are some chip ins making some great ads and buying advertising very reasonable it seems....but thats just me.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 07:56 AM
We already committed ourselves to the 12/16 Tea Party. We cannot back down now.

We simply must make this a resounding success, or there sure will be a media story alright. One talking about how the campaign is going down the proverbial toilet.

We TOLD Ron that we would make this a day to remember and that we would blow 11/5 out of the water on 12/16. He has repeated this many times on the MSM. So, I hope you see that we have no choice but to make this a HUGE SUCCESS. This will get us far more positive media attention than 5 TV ads. Seriously. We must ROCK THE RAFTERS! IF we do that, and we MUST, we will get many new people joining us, who have just been standing back because they didn't think Ron stood a chance.

December 16th is the day! The day we show our countrymen that YES we can do this.... we CAN take our country back.

KewlRonduderules
12-08-2007, 08:00 AM

We simply must make this a resounding success, or there sure will be a media story alright. One talking about how the campaign is going down the proverbial toilet.

We TOLD Ron that we would make this a day to remember and that we would blow 11/5 out of the water on 12/16. He has repeated this many times on the MSM. So, I hope you see that we have no choice but to make this a HUGE SUCCESS. This will get us far more positive media attention than 5 TV ads. Seriously. We must ROCK THE RAFTERS! IF we do that, and we MUST, we will get many new people joining us, who have just been standing back because they didn't think Ron stood a chance.

December 16th is the day! The day we show our countrymen that YES we can do this.... we CAN take our country back.

Agreed! Focus on the campaign donations for December 16th.

And if you can, donate to the chip-ins.

Mark
12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Agreed! Focus on the campaign donations for December 16th.

And if you can, donate to the chip-ins.

Absolutely. Max out to the campaign on the 16th if you can.

For those already maxed out and who want another completely legal option to inform voters,

my Church Organization is seeking donations for our Electoral Educational Project.

We are not a Federally Registered 501(c)3 Organization,
so our outreach is not limited in terms promoting specific individual candidates.

We follow the example set by Presidential Candidate Rep Dr Ron Paul
in terms of honor, integrity, and fiscal responsibility ,
so you can be assured your contribution will be handled accordingly.

If you do care to support us in our project,
please follow the link at the bottom of my signature,

"Please Help Our Church".

Thank you.

gpickett00
12-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I agree completely that the 16th is the number one priority. However, personally I think my number one responsibility is to go to Iowa to canvass. I think that the value of that trip far exceeds the amount of money that I could donate on the 16th.

AlexMerced
12-08-2007, 09:01 AM
yeah, donate to the campiagn on the 16th, if you maxed out chip in away

walt
12-08-2007, 09:10 AM

well we know this benefits you, might not be best for us.