PDA

View Full Version : Jim Gray attacks Rand's NSA filibuster in new ad

jct74
06-18-2016, 07:59 PM
article says this is a web ad but I'm pretty sure it will air on TV from the looks of it

Jim Gray says Sen. Rand Paul's vote against gun reform, NSA filibuster "dangerous" in new Web ad

by Kevin Wheatley
06/19/2016

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gray is calling U.S. Sen. Rand Paul “dangerous” in a Web ad released Friday, targeting his opponent for voting against legislation that would prevent suspected terrorists from buying firearms and shutting down the National Security Agency’s bulk data collection program in a filibuster last year.

“With America under attack, when will Rand Paul vote to prevent terrorists from buying dangerous weapons?” a female narrator asks in the 30-second ad. “When will he change his vote to protect Kentucky? Paul’s filibusters and votes have handcuffed our counterintelligence efforts and allowed potential terrorists to buy semiautomatic weapons.”

The ad can be viewed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHfBHwwYU

read more:
http://mycn2.com/politics/lexington-mayor-jim-gray-says-sen-rand-paul-s-vote-against-manchin-toomey-amendment-nsa-filibuster-dangerous

timosman
06-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I am Jim Gray and I approve this ad to keep America safe? :confused:

Suzanimal
06-18-2016, 08:36 PM
I am Jim Gray and I approve this ad to keep America safe? :confused:

Pay attention, Timmy, the video started with the lady telling you America is under attack and we have to stop the powerful terrorists from buying guns.

timosman
06-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Pay attention, Timmy, the video started with the lady telling you America is under attack and we have to stop the powerful terrorists from buying guns.

Approving this add furthers the goal? :confused:

Suzanimal
06-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Approving this add furthers the goal? :confused:

Yes? :confused:

timosman
06-18-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes? :confused:

Sounds truly pathetic to me.

Suzanimal
06-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Sounds truly pathetic to me.

It was a horrible ad all the way through. Clearly, the man's a half-wit - wadda ya expect?

timosman
06-18-2016, 09:04 PM
It was a horrible ad all the way through. Clearly, the man's a half-wit - wadda ya expect?

Apparently I expect too much. What bothers me though, they are not even trying. They expect these half-assed efforts to succeed and they are often right. This is how we end up with half-wits in the government. Should we introduce mandatory IQ tests for the government?

RandallFan
06-18-2016, 11:13 PM
What an idiot.

It looks like Gray wants an AWB: which he claims he doesn't it. He just wants to stop terrorists from buying.

He should have got rid of the still shots of black rifles.

Should have done another angle with stereotypical muzzie at a gun shop speaking Arabic.

anaconda
06-19-2016, 03:28 AM
Gotta love this image. The ad might backfire because of it. Bad choice by the creator of the ad.

https://www.gorillaradio.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/rand.jpg

unknown
06-20-2016, 07:04 PM
JFC.

And theyre working because Rand is responding to them.

Wouldnt it be better to not acknowledge them at all and then shut him down in the debates assuming he gets that far?

Foreigner
06-21-2016, 07:42 PM
This is an ad FOR Rand, right? Because it sure looks like it.

1) Namedropping his filibusters, which were popular.
2) "You're either with Rand or Lindsey Graham"... Ehmm - Nobody, except the hardcore neocons likes Graham.
3) Boom! Cool picture of Rand with an rifle. Protecting the people's rights. What's he standing in front of? The IRS tax code, he just shot up. reminding voters how he works hard to lower taxes.
4) Whimpy, soft spoken Gray telling that he will keep America safe. While projecting the opposite.

eleganz
06-22-2016, 04:13 PM
They're just trying to get air time from the local stations.

Nothing to see here, I hope they have phone from home for Rand.