PDA

View Full Version : get ron paul on Oprah?

eric_cartman
12-08-2007, 03:12 AM
i don't know if this idea has been attempted before, but how about trying to get Ron Paul on Oprah? He's been on a lot of the big shows now, but this one would be the clincher. I know that Oprah supports Obama... but if she got enough pressure put on her, she might have him on. Especially with this whole tea party / blimp thing... he might now be popular enough to get on the show.

jrich4rpaul
12-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Oprah is the worst of worst ideas. She supports Obama and will do what she can to make Paul look bad if she gets anywhere close to him

There are millions of TV shows, people need to stop pushing to get Paul on Oprah.

derdy
12-08-2007, 03:15 AM
I think Ron Paul on 'The View' is a great example what will happen when you send him on a show that appeals to a largely female audience: All abortion talk, nothing about the Constitution.

Qiu
12-08-2007, 03:16 AM
She said she'll only allow Obama on her show

eric_cartman
12-08-2007, 03:20 AM

that sucks... i figured that was probably the case. though you could make the argument for her to be unbiased by having a republican candidate on the show too, and that he's anti-war. Oprah is still a business woman, and i think if you put enough pressure on her, she could cave.

ashlux
12-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Maybe she'll let him on the show if he promises to jump up and down on her couch? :p

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-08-2007, 03:26 AM
I hate her and Obma but no talk show is a "bad idea"

If she attacks him bad enough people wil look him up out of curiotisty of how weird he is and find out he is the FUCKING MAN!!!!

ashlux
12-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Oprah is still a business woman, and i think if you put enough pressure on her, she could cave.

That could help.

If she likes Ron Paul well enough, she could decide to use her influence to get the most desirable candidates for both parties. It could be a win/kinda-win situation.

I don't really see Ron Paul appealing to her though.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Oprah Winfrey is CFR!

jasonoliver
12-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Oprah Winfrey has no political principles.

Obama - African-American
Oprah - African-American
Obama - From Chicago
Oprah - From Chicago

Oprah probably could not even tell you what Obama stands for. She sees someone simiar to her and its ME-TOO ME-TOO

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-08-2007, 03:40 AM
she is an agenda pusher.

eric_cartman
12-08-2007, 03:42 AM
ya... i was just throwing the idea out there. i'm sure someone's brought it up before... but only now is ron paul getting mainstream enough that Oprah might actually consider it. he's been on most other major shows. but shows like the view, colbert, etc. don't hold a candle to Oprah. Oprah is in a totally different league from all the others. It would be huge if he ever got on there. I don't ever watch Oprah or know what her political beliefs are, but she claims to be a caring person. ashlux, you're right that she may favour ron paul over other republican candidates, and that supporting ron paul wont hurt obama's chances since they're in different parties. but pretty much everything Oprah touches turns to gold... certainly any book she mentions gets on the best sellers list. i donno... maybe someone with some extra time on their hands could set up a website or something ... ronpaulonoprah.com you get people to sign a peition or something, and include some e-mails and phone numbers and then start flooding them with Ron Paul messages. that strategy seems to work spontaneous. if there's a little bit of an organized effort, it could work.

1) set up website.
2) display Oprah contact information on website
3) organize ron paul rallies outside Oprah's studio

there's probably a million other things people could do too. it would just have to be stressed to be polite and loving. it's not a protest thing. you don't want it to be taken the wrong way. like if you look at what 9/11 truthers did to bill maher... i love that kind of activism, but we can't come off looking like that or else it could really backfire. It has to be a barrage of polite e-mails, letters, calls, etc. It can't be viewed as spamming or a malicious attack against oprah.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-08-2007, 03:46 AM
We should do it.

who cares if she is CFR, agenda pusher, will attack.

he should go on.

and WHY IGNORE BECK.
GO NOW!!!

Air time is NEW PEOPLE.

eric_cartman
12-08-2007, 03:48 AM
she is an agenda pusher.

whatever she may or may not be, getting him on that show would boost his popularity enormously.

and whatever agenda she may be pushing... these people are still loyal to the all mighty dollar. If they think they'll get better ratings, you'll be surprised how much influence that will have, even in the US with the media as controlled as it is.

and is Oprah really a member of the CFR? the thing with the CFR, is that it's a huge group. i think they have like 1500 + members. not all those people are involved in many of covert actions/psy ops, etc. Most people in the CFR just see it is a good club to join, good to make business connections, etc. Most people in the CFR have no idea what the group actually does. it's only a small inner circle within the CFR that have the real influence.

derdy
12-08-2007, 03:49 AM
to me any media exposure is good media exposure. However, I think what you find with the Oprah audience are people that follow Oprah and her beliefs (ladies that watch Oprah correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, she's endorsed Obama who is for 'free' healthcare etc. So, to have Dr. Paul on her show, the only thing I can see coming out of it is: abortion and a large viewing audience.

Maybe I'm wrong, but given the fact we have the primaries less than a month away; given that it would take sometime to book on Oprah; given that we've been offered a spot on show with a much more receptive audience, that of Glenn Beck, I just don't see the need, priority, or necessity to the campaign for this particular appearance.

You may disagree, but that's fine. Put the ideas out there and let the chips fall as they may.

jasonoliver
12-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Heh......Oprah.

Remember when she was on that "Power of Positive Thinking" "The Secret" "Law of Attraction" thing about a year ago? She got bored with that, now she is on Obama.

BTW....It shows how superficial she is. She supports the Black guy from Chicago for obvious reasons, while Mitt Romney is WAY into the "Power of Positive Thinking" stuff.

Back in his Proselytizing days, Romney was a staunch believer in a book called "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. He is DEEP into this "Law of Attraction" stuff. If Oprah was consistent she would support Romney instead of the guy who looks like her, is from the same town, and has a similar name.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-08-2007, 03:52 AM
dudes I agree,
read all my post.
He needs to be on and Glen beck.
Who cares if she and he our soulless actors for the media.

GET HIM ON!!!!

I am actually PISSED at this buillshit campaign staff for NOT having him on Glen Beck.
we pay those fuckers to make sure this kinda shit happens.
Someone doesnt want to win.
I have seen rude ass emails from the "myspace moderator" regarding this issue.

and like I always say, just means we the people have to work even harder.

GET HIM ON!

eric_cartman
12-08-2007, 04:02 AM
to me any media exposure is good media exposure. However, I think what you find with the Oprah audience are people that follow Oprah and her beliefs (ladies that watch Oprah correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, she's endorsed Obama who is for 'free' healthcare etc. So, to have Dr. Paul on her show, the only thing I can see coming out of it is: abortion and a large viewing audience.

Maybe I'm wrong, but given the fact we have the primaries less than a month away; given that it would take sometime to book on Oprah; given that we've been offered a spot on show with a much more receptive audience, that of Glenn Beck, I just don't see the need, priority, or necessity to the campaign for this particular appearance.

You may disagree, but that's fine. Put the ideas out there and let the chips fall as they may.

the great thing about ron paul, is that once you have a ron paul supporter, they will never support any other candidate. we are never in any real danger of offending ron paul supporters because they will never change their mind and vote for someone else.

with that mind... we need the female vote. it's my understanding that we have way more male ron paul supporters than females. so if we target a group like oprah... millions of women will watch it. so even if it's a total hit job, and oprah attacks Ron Paul, we're not ever in danger of losing popularity, it's simply a matter of how many new people we turn onto his message. So we might get a small percentage of Oprah's audience if it's a horrible interview... but if it's a good interview... you would be shocked at how much his support would jump overnight. also... if he got on the show, i really don't think oprah would be mean to him... it's not like her to attack a 72 year old great grand father. and even if she asks really tough, biased questions, ron paul's pretty used to that and he can answer them all really well now, and he comes out looking great!

it's possible that this is a totally futile effort, and that she'll never have him on her show no matter what. i don't know enough about her or her show to know anything for sure. but what i do know for sure, is that if you get Ron Paul on her show, it's pretty much our last chance to get the women, so you might as well give it a shot... and if the interview were to turn out even a little bit good... his popularity would grow noticeably... the amount of influence she has over women in america is scary... and we need to use that to our advantage.

rasheedwallace
12-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Oprah Winfrey is CFR!

most likely unknowingly but yes.

we need to do glenn beck, he has actually ASKED.

TheNewYorker
12-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Oprah = TNB

r3volution
12-08-2007, 04:43 AM
she went out to campain with oboma starting today .. http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2007/12/07/crowley.oprah.on.obama.cnn

theseus51
12-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Don't call or email or bother Oprah in any way. If you've been active on the forums, you've seen this idea suggested more than a dozen times. Probably hundreds or thousands of people have bothered the poor woman, over the last 6 months, about this idea.

She said she will only have Obama on her show. So far she's done just that. Let's assume she means what she says, and drop it.

wisconsinite
12-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Man, the clip from "The view" was hard enough for me to watch. They wasted so much time talking about abortion.

FireofLiberty
12-08-2007, 04:55 AM
After some time to reflect and after watching "The View" clip several times over I actually think Ron did a much better job than many of us initially thought.

That said, I do agree that with Oprah endorsing Obama that Ron going on might not be such a good idea, which is a shame, because if we could trust Oprah to be unbiased and if she wasn't supporting another candidate so openly I think she could give Ron a fantastic interview and it could be a defining moment of the campaign.

Now, one show we SHOULD definitely keep trying to get Ron on is Ellen. I really do believe it would be a much different experience and situation than "The View."

Mortikhi
12-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Ron Paul is not the right tint

fuzzybekool
12-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I defiantely say no to O. She is a powerful woman and prejedice. Stay away from her. We are doing ok without the main street media. Let's think outside the box and get the message of freedom out like we have been doing. Boots on the ground and unconventional advertising.

johngr
12-08-2007, 07:57 AM

"Blacks only" LOL.

DealzOnWheelz
12-08-2007, 08:28 AM
In the past (before a black man was running) Oprah said she would never publicly endorse a candidate.

We should give her a big Middle finger and get him on the Dr Phil show that would be sure to rub oprah the wrong way hahahaha