PDA

View Full Version : CFR Prez Richard Haass slams Trump: "Crossed the line", "Intellectually and politically wrong"

openfire
06-18-2016, 11:44 AM
When asked for his reaction to Donald Trump's speech following the Orlando shooting, CFR President Richard Haass slammed Trump, saying that Trump had "Crossed the line". He then reiterated that "The insinuations about the president crossed the line", referring to Trump's insinuation that Obama shared in the blame for the tragedy. "There simply isn't a place in our politics" said Haass. Haass then went on to defend Obama, noting that "this president has made going after terrorists with drone strikes a priority."

Haass then called Trump's position on halting the import of muslims, "intellectually and politically wrong", stating that “To focus on immigration” is "Exactly the wrong way to go".

When asked about Trump challenging the norms of establishment foreign policy, Haass agreed with Trump's critics both on the left and right: "He should be criticized by Democrats and Republicans". Haass then puts all speculation about Trump being an establishment plant to rest as he states that not only do the American people disagree with Trump’s foreign policy, but so does the establishment: "It's important that people understand that the views of one candidate are not synonymous with the views of the American people and again in this case I don't think what Trump is saying is representative of most people who are part of the foreign policy debate."

Starts @ 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moQrpnKMcNE

acptulsa
06-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Gee. The CFR, which damned well knows that it is viewed more unfavorably than ever before, is trying to maintain Trump's street cred, and is otherwise only saying that Obama is more of a warmonger than Trump says he is (which is true) and that they like shuffling people around the globe (which runs counter to what Trump said recently, but not what he said about Syrian refugees before he flipflopped).

Golly.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
06-18-2016, 05:54 PM
No surprse here. The CFR will trash anyone who is pro-America. Hillary and Weld are the anti-American globalist CFR candidates in this race.

William Tell
06-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Trump said Haass is one of the best people.

As Trump has repeatedly made big claims about steps he would take in the realm of foreign policy, he has spent months deflecting questions about who is advising him. He has occasionally put out one or two names but has largely said “I watch the shows” when asked where he gets information about world affairs. On Thursday, Trump reassured the Fox News debate moderators that he would “get the best people, people that I’d be comfortable with.”

“I think Richard Haass is excellent. I have a lot of respect for him.“

FindLiberty
06-18-2016, 06:47 PM
CFR President Richard Haass slammed Trump

Well, that's just going to get more votes for Trump, thanks to the CFR prez. Nice! lol

openfire
06-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Well, that's just going to get more votes for Trump, thanks to the CFR prez. Nice! lol

This was aired on MSNBC. Rethink that statement.

FindLiberty
06-18-2016, 09:51 PM
yea, thinking hurts me sometimes...

If the Democrats really wish to win this election, why would they suggest the
GOP pick out a better opponent that might be more likely to win the election
if these statements from Trump are so damning to his chances and/or the GOP?

Or, do they think Trump might actually win the POTUS election with his "inappropriate"
words and positions (that these Democrats and most people don't even like to hear)?

I know it sound pretty nasty, but is it possible Trump has a valid point challenging
the responses shown in this "show of hands" video of "moderate Muslims" in Norway?
I do not understand. Maybe this is another religion/group and the labels are just mixed up.
I'm not sure what to make of all this...

The "show of hands" portion starts at 14:10 and ends at 19:00 (then EU Pew polls are mentioned)

https://youtu.be/sSPU4SgNH8Y?t=799

Origanalist
06-18-2016, 10:17 PM
You're getting desperate dude. Nobody is buying any of this bullshit.

nikcers
06-18-2016, 10:38 PM
all speculation about Trump being an establishment plant to rest

http://i.imgur.com/zH2moVT.png

nikcers
06-18-2016, 10:40 PM
It's a good thing that Mitt Romney and this "cfr" guy thinks Trump is a wacko. That must mean that Trump is not a plant, they would have absolutely no reason to say these things otherwise. Hitler was a vegan because he hated jews too.

openfire
06-18-2016, 11:24 PM
Gee. The CFR, which damned well knows that it is viewed more unfavorably than ever before, is trying to maintain Trump's street cred, and is otherwise only saying that Obama is more of a warmonger than Trump says he is (which is true) and that they like shuffling people around the globe (which runs counter to what Trump said recently, but not what he said about Syrian refugees before he flipflopped).

Golly.

Trump said Haass is one of the best people.

You're getting desperate dude. Nobody is buying any of this bull$#@!.

It's a good thing that Mitt Romney and this "cfr" guy thinks Trump is a wacko. That must mean that Trump is not a plant, they would have absolutely no reason to say these things otherwise. Hitler was a vegan because he hated jews too.

If these globalists want to flood western countries with mass immigration from Muslim countries, and Trump wants to stop this, how is he a plant?

Is your theory that after being elected, Trump would do a 180 and begin flooding the US with Muslims? As in "Aha, tricked you suckers!" Something like that? Please explain.

nikcers
06-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Is your theory that after being elected, Trump would do a 180 and begin flooding the US with Muslims? As in "Aha, tricked you suckers!" Something like that? Please explain.
Trump has pissed off too many people to get elected I shouldn't need to explain, but this isn't how you make many friends and influence people.

openfire
06-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Trump has pissed off too many people to get elected I shouldn't need to explain, but this isn't how you make many friends and influence people.

It's a legitimate question. So if I understand your theory correctly, Trump's job was to beat all of the other Republican establishment plants while pissing off enough people to make sure that the Democrat establishment plant wins?

RandallFan
06-19-2016, 12:18 AM
The CFR is right we need a Romney, Johnson, Clinton/Obama 3 open borders options as per usual.

nikcers
06-19-2016, 01:05 AM
It's a legitimate question. So if I understand your theory correctly, Trump's job was to beat all of the other Republican establishment plants while pissing off enough people to make sure that the Democrat establishment plant wins?

Trumps job is to make the republican party eat itself. My coworker got screamed at by someone the other day over the phone. They were calling him Donald Trump, the dude felt like shit the whole time. He just kept repeating back to himself that he doesn't even look like Trump. He looks more like Harry potter, but to that guy over the phone he was Trump, and he screamed at him for being Donald Trump and kept saying that he wasn't helping him because he is black.

anaconda
06-19-2016, 02:03 AM

It's a decent theory and one that I, for one, have been open to for quite some time.

anaconda
06-19-2016, 02:05 AM
Trumps job is to make the republican party eat itself. My coworker got screamed at by someone the other day over the phone. They were calling him Donald Trump, the dude felt like $#@! the whole time. He just kept repeating back to himself that he doesn't even look like Trump. He looks more like Harry potter, but to that guy over the phone he was Trump, and he screamed at him for being Donald Trump and kept saying that he wasn't helping him because he is black.

So let me get this straight - someone calling your place of work thought Donald Trump was answering the phone there?

nikcers
06-19-2016, 02:18 AM
So let me get this straight - someone calling your place of work thought Donald Trump was answering the phone there?

read it like his name is a derragorry word for a racist white person.

Zippyjuan
06-19-2016, 02:46 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/03/donald-trump-held-briefing-with-richard-haass-head-of-council-on-foreign-relations/?_r=0

Donald Trump Held Briefing With Richard Haass, Head of Council on Foreign Relations

Donald J. Trump, who again declined on Thursday morning to say whom he talks to about foreign affairs, held a private briefing last summer with Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, a spokeswoman for Mr. Haass said Thursday.

The spokeswoman, Iva Zoric, released a statement after Mr. Trump made a laudatory statement about Mr. Haass in an appearance Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“I respect Richard Haass, who’s on your show a lot,” Mr. Trump said. “And I like him a lot. I have a few people that I really like and respect.’

Mr. Haass, as president of an independent nonpartisan organization, cannot make an endorsement in the presidential race, Ms. Zoric’s statement said. She said that he had offered to hold briefings with all candidates from both parties, and that so far Senator Marco Rubio, Jim Webb, Hillary Clinton, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, Gov. John Kasich of Ohio and Jeb Bush had made appearances at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Ms. Zoric added that the Trump-Haass meeting was held in August.

anaconda
06-19-2016, 06:46 AM
read it like his name is a derragorry word for a racist white person.

Ah, I see now. Sorry, I missed the very last part for some reason. So, the caller is using the words "Donald Trump" as a synonym for "racist."

Origanalist
06-19-2016, 08:35 AM
Why did you take down the link that was originally in the OP?

William Tell
06-19-2016, 08:40 AM
If these globalists want to flood western countries with mass immigration from Muslim countries, and Trump wants to stop this, how is he a plant?

Why assume he wants to stop it? he has done a 180 on that before.

Trump calls for taking in Syrian refugees

The United States should take in some refugees from Syria, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Tuesday night.
"I hate the concept of it, but on a humanitarian basis, you have to," Trump said in his first Fox News appearance in two weeks, appearing on "The O'Reilly Factor."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-syrian-refugees-213430

openfire
06-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Why assume he wants to stop it? he has done a 180 on that before.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-syrian-refugees-213430

It's a flop only if you believe that banning Muslims is a matter of principle (racism), not a matter of practicality (protection).

That article is from September of last year, well before there was an apparent reason to stop Muslim immigration.

As I recall, that was at a time when the "Syrian refugee crisis" was just beginning to make headlines internationally, and people of the western countries were all united in pledging to take a small percentage of them on a humanitarian basis - not to flood their countries with millions, entirely transforming their countries, as has actually happened.

But more importantly:

This was before:

the Paris attacks
many of them started raping women en mass in Europe
it became known that most of the "refugees" etc were not really from Syria
it became known that the majority of the migrants were mostly military aged men, very few women and children
it was learned that "ISIS" members were mixed in with the "migrants", who were going to these countries pledging to wage jihad.
it came to light that shady players with ulterior motives like Soros et al were funding the transportation of these so-called "migrants"
they realized that the "migrants" had no intention of assimilating into their cultures, rather they are intent on permanently transforming them
the "migrants" started taking over entire cities and they subsequently became no-go zones for police
they realized that the "refugees" were intent on bringing sharia law to their countries

etc..

All of the above is what served as the basis to decide to "stop Muslim immigration until we understand what's going on".

I think it's now clear exactly what's going on, and why people in the affected countries, not just Trump, but the masses across Europe are calling to close their borders to these "migrants". These people haven't inherently changed their views from "humanitarian" to "racist", they just now see it for what it is. And they want it stopped. Rightfully so.

So I don't see this as a flop, just common sense.

FindLiberty
06-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Yikes - IDK, but it looks like some serious crap is about to hit the fan over this...

openfire
06-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Why did you take down the link that was originally in the OP?

There was no link. I wrote that myself as a brief synopsis for those who didn't want to watch the video.

Donald Trump Held Briefing With Richard Haass, Head of Council on Foreign Relations

Donald J. Trump, who again declined on Thursday morning to say whom he talks to about foreign affairs, held a private briefing last summer with Richard N. Haass, the president of the Council on Foreign Relations, a spokeswoman for Mr. Haass said Thursday.

The spokeswoman, Iva Zoric, released a statement after Mr. Trump made a laudatory statement about Mr. Haass in an appearance Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“I respect Richard Haass, who’s on your show a lot,” Mr. Trump said. “And I like him a lot. I have a few people that I really like and respect.’

Mr. Haass, as president of an independent nonpartisan organization, cannot make an endorsement in the presidential race, Ms. Zoric’s statement said. She said that he had offered to hold briefings with all candidates from both parties, and that so far Senator Marco Rubio, Jim Webb, Hillary Clinton, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, Gov. John Kasich of Ohio and Jeb Bush had made appearances at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Ms. Zoric added that the Trump-Haass meeting was held in August.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/03/donald-trump-held-briefing-with-richard-haass-head-of-council-on-foreign-relations/?_r=0

We're all aware of this. There were many threads about it at the time. Hence why I've posted this thread - It validates the arguments I made then; Clearly Trump and Haass are not on the same page.

Trumps job is to make the republican party eat itself. My coworker got screamed at by someone the other day over the phone. They were calling him Donald Trump, the dude felt like $#@! the whole time. He just kept repeating back to himself that he doesn't even look like Trump. He looks more like Harry potter, but to that guy over the phone he was Trump, and he screamed at him for being Donald Trump and kept saying that he wasn't helping him because he is black.

It's a decent theory and one that I, for one, have been open to for quite some time.

Why would the power elite - who control both parties - risk ruining the two party system that has served them so well for decades? Further, if this is the case, why would the globalists have one of their plants raise the immigration issue, when that is one issue that they want no opposition to?

Yikes - IDK, but it looks like some serious crap is about to hit the fan over this...

Indeed:
OBAMA IMPORTS 1 MILLION MUSLIMS DURING PRESIDENCY (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/17/obama-admin-pace-issue-one-million-green-cards-migrants-majority-muslim-countries/)

nikcers
06-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Why would the power elite - who control both parties - risk ruining the two party system that has served them so well for decades? Further, if this is the case, why would the globalists have one of their plants raise the immigration issue, when that is one issue that they want no opposition to?

Why would Trump say in the 2012 GOP post mortem that the GOP isn't being inclusive enough to minoirties especially Mitt Romneys self deportation platform, and then on the day of his announcement piss off the electorate he was talking about? Why would Trump shake his hands and mock a reporter, without even googling or asking someone if its because of a disease?

Why would the establishment want to create a symbol of all of the policies they don't want to pass, and then destroy it in the biggest landslide election putting them into the whitehouse and making an example of anyone who wants to push a platform like his? Why would the establishment need a candidate more unpopular than Hillary Clinton to run for the Republican party?

openfire
06-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Why would Trump say in the 2012 GOP post mortem that the GOP isn't being inclusive enough to minoirties especially Mitt Romneys self deportation platform, and then on the day of his announcement piss off the electorate he was talking about?

Trump was talking about illegals, not US citizens. Since when did illegals become a part of the electorate?

The media painted him as racist.

Why would the establishment want to create a symbol of all of the policies they don't want to pass, and then destroy it in the biggest landslide election putting them into the whitehouse and making an example of anyone who wants to push a platform like his?

Interesting theory. But what if he wins? Wouldn't that place the establishment in an untenable position? Furthermore, according to your theory, the only candidates that get media exposure, and therefore have a chance to win, are all plants anyway. So why would they be concerned about a candidate with an unauthorized platform gaining traction in the future?

Why would the establishment need a candidate more unpopular than Hillary Clinton to run for the Republican party?

I don't know, that's what I'm asking you.

nikcers
06-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Trump was talking about illegals, not US citizens. Since when did illegals become a part of the electorate?

The media painted him as racist.

Interesting theory. But what if he wins? Wouldn't that place the establishment in an untenable position? Furthermore, according to your theory, the only candidates that get media exposure, and therefore have a chance to win, are all plants anyway. So why would they be concerned about a candidate with an unauthorized platform gaining traction in the future?

I don't know, that's what I'm asking you.

The media painted Trump as a racist, and but Trump gave them all the paint. Trump pissed off more people then not intentionally, because his base loves pissing people off. Maybe there is a dead switch, Trump is in on it, maybe it has something to do with his not paying taxes and not seeming to be as rich as he likes to say he is, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has the Clintons phone number and can get them on phone. I know you and I cant do that, we can't pick up the phone and call the Clintons, have them come to our wedding.

nikcers
06-19-2016, 12:44 PM
So why would they be concerned about a candidate with an unauthorized platform gaining traction in the future?

Control is about shaping idaes, and leaders sell ideas. I would argue that "rigging" any election gets prohibitely more expensive in a democracy when you want to sell unpopular ideas.

Origanalist
06-19-2016, 01:16 PM
There was no link. I wrote that myself as a brief synopsis ]

Yeah, it was the Bilderberg article I was thinking of. They all start to run together after a while.

fcreature
06-19-2016, 01:30 PM
So if I understand your theory correctly, Trump's job was to beat all of the other Republican establishment plants while pissing off enough people to make sure that the Democrat establishment plant wins?

No, no, no.

You aren't getting it at all.

Trump's job was to increase his brand awareness so that next time he needs a loan from JP Morgan, he can tell them that he's worth $10 BN based on the fact that he's a household name. It's all to keep up appearances.

Trump needs generous credit terms and cash flow. That's why he ran. That's why he said every stupid thing that came to his head. That's why he has no consistency and no policies. All of that is beside the point.

Even Trump is amazed at how many idiots are eating this garbage up.

Zippyjuan
06-19-2016, 02:46 PM
There was no link. I wrote that myself as a brief synopsis for those who didn't want to watch the video.

We're all aware of this. There were many threads about it at the time. Hence why I've posted this thread - It validates the arguments I made then; Clearly Trump and Haass are not on the same page.

Indeed:
OBAMA IMPORTS 1 MILLION MUSLIMS DURING PRESIDENCY (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/17/obama-admin-pace-issue-one-million-green-cards-migrants-majority-muslim-countries/)

CFR doesn't have one opinion on any issue or candidate anyways though some like to imagine that they do. Can't find it right now but they even had some nice articles on Ron Paul when he was running. They had pieces in the same issue for and against what the US or Russia were doing in Syria and for and against US military in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I found Ron Paul published in their magazine as well as some articles about him- some good, some critical: http://www.cfr.org/search/?Ntt=ron+paul&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

anaconda
06-19-2016, 03:26 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Power-Council-Relations-American/dp/0882791346

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41eYNo3Hq0L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

anaconda
06-25-2016, 01:53 AM

If they can append "nationalistic" issues to a candidate that loses badly in a general election then the globalists can create the narrative that those issues are unpopular. It discredits the nationalistic issues in favor of tyranny and globalization. A two party system is not necessary as long as corporatists are in control of the administrations and the legislatures. Perennial Democratic administrations will work just fine for the globalists. A plurality of about 35% of the electorate is all they need. On the other hand, if Trump wins and somehow miraculously turns out to be a free market patriot and nascent devotee of the U.S. Constitution, the globalists will be very displeased.