PDA

View Full Version : Academy Sporting Goods pulls ARs

Intoxiklown
06-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Supposedly, Academy (Big box sporting goods store) has pulled ARs from shelves nation wide, swearing never to sell them again. I can confirm this in my area (Dothan, AL), as all ARs were gone from shelves. I went to Gander Mountain to check with them, and they still have them. I went ahead and bought another Bushmaster and a Smith and Wesson M&P (been wanting one anyway).

Any one else can confirm this in their area? Or with other big box stores?

donnay
06-14-2016, 08:45 PM
That figures. Guess they are against the second amendment. Time to boycott these weenies.

fedupinmo
06-14-2016, 08:46 PM
That's a shame... like buying ammo from them.
I proclaim them the new Dicks! :D

oyarde
06-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Supposedly, Academy (Big box sporting goods store) has pulled ARs from shelves nation wide, swearing never to sell them again. I can confirm this in my area (Dothan, AL), as all ARs were gone from shelves. I went to Gander Mountain to check with them, and they still have them. I went ahead and bought another Bushmaster and a Smith and Wesson M&P (been wanting one anyway).

Any one else can confirm this in their area? Or with other big box stores?
We do not have those here . We have in a 60 mile radius ,Gander Mountain, Dick's , Dunham's, Bass Pro ,Rural King , these are the chains. I have heard of nothing being pulled.

Intoxiklown
06-14-2016, 08:48 PM
That's a shame... like buying ammo from them.
I proclaim them the new Dicks! :D

Again, supposedly, a policy they are discussing is any purchase of 10 or more boxes of ammo they consider "assault rifle ammo" will require giving them personal information which they plan to keep in a data base. I liked to buy ammo from them as well, but they have lost my business.