PDA

View Full Version : Neo-cons slowly coming around

NimbleNadzz
12-08-2007, 01:48 AM
I found this to be interesting coming from a traditional Bush W. / neo-con supporter:

http://www.electionprojection.com/

I've talked with this blogger about a month ago and he hated Ron Paul. Being that this site is frequented by many neo-cons - I see this as more of a positive article than negative - since it opens up dialogue about a candidate that does not typically fare well with the neo-cons.

Korey Kaczynski
12-08-2007, 01:53 AM
These people seriously have no common sense or deeper insight. Ron Paul doesn't want to ban gay marriage at the federal level. YIKES!!!!!!!!!

NimbleNadzz
12-08-2007, 02:02 AM
These people seriously have no common sense or deeper insight. Ron Paul doesn't want to ban gay marriage at the federal level. YIKES!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see where the article made this statement... from the article, I got this:

While he opposes hate crime legislation, he does not want to define marriage as a union between one woman and one man, and in terms of human relationships, he supports permitting "any association that's voluntary," at least at the federal level. (Yikes!)

NimbleNadzz
12-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Also in the article:

And I do not like the fact that Paul does not support a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, though I appreciate that his views preclude his support for hate crimes legislation and sexual orientation clauses in business practices.

ChickenHawk
12-08-2007, 02:19 AM
That guy doesn't really strike me as a true Neo-con. Just because someone supports the Iraq war does not mean that they are a Neo-Con. I do find it really odd that RP is his second choice after Huckabee. I just can't understand how you could be torn between a tax and spend liberal and a full-on libertarian.

NimbleNadzz
12-08-2007, 02:21 AM
That guy doesn't really strike me as a true Neo-con. Just because someone supports the Iraq war does not mean that they are a Neo-Con. I do find it really odd that RP is his second choice after Huckabee. I just can't understand how you could be torn between a tax and spend liberal and a full-on libertarian.

I know the guy personally.... trust me... he's a neo-con freak. The fact that he is coming around is a good sign that the message is getting out - and even the bible thumping social conservatives are starting to listen.

DeepRed
12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Freak, huh? :)

The actual link to the post is here...

http://www.electionprojection.com/archives120107.html#paulsnotbad120707

Janet0116
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a bible thumper who wants to legislate morality... but overall a good sign!

tomaO2
12-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Good article. I think this shows that anyone can find cause to respect Ron Paul if they look at him a bit more closely. He really could bridge the gap between all sorts of divides if more people could find out about him and really LOOK at his positions.

AtomiC
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Ehhh he supports MIKE HUCKABEE!? 'Nuff said.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Anyone who seeks success or greatness should first forget about both and seek only the truth. The rest will follow.

-Ronald Reagan

omg what a nice quote and so much truth in it :)

Pete Kay
12-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I wrote a long letter to him. I hope he takes my points to heart.