PDA

View Full Version : Islamic extremist kills 50 at Orlando gay nightclub

Pages : [1] 2 3

randomname
06-12-2016, 06:16 AM
'Islamic extremist' Omar Mateen, 29, from Florida, shoots dead at least 50 at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 53 - before he is killed

Law enforcement sources have identified the shooter as US citizen Omar Mateen, from Port St. Lucie in Florida
He killed at least 50 people and injured 53 and took party-goers hostage before being killed by police
Shooter, believed to be in his 20s, was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he attacked
Police used an explosive device to distract the gunman and rescue around 30 people who had been taken hostage
Police engaged in gunfire with the man and an officer was shot in the head, but he was saved by his helmet
FBI says gunman may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism' and it is being investigated as 'an act of terrorism'
Took place four miles from where The Voice singer Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live on Friday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html

tod evans
06-12-2016, 06:40 AM
Outlaw Islam!

Ban jihad!

Regulate Muslims!

Oh wait............A h o m o bar you say?

Nevermind......:rolleyes:

What's a WASP to do when the Muslims are killing the q u e e r s?

Clearly more government is the only answer........

silverhandorder
06-12-2016, 07:07 AM
Well Florida just went Trump. I guarantee it.

randomname
06-12-2016, 07:18 AM
ISIS Cheers Orlando #Pulse Nightclub Massacre – Warns of More Attacks on Disbelievers

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/06/orlando-islamist-gay-killer-isis-twitter-feed-pictures-killer-pulse-hashtag/

06-12-2016, 08:08 AM
So it's another one of those US citizen wackos who read about it on the internet and went out killing? It's a crime not foreign terrorism.

But let's just nuke wherever he or his grandparents came from just to be sure...

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 08:16 AM

Florida just signed on to Clinton's gun control program, even though it's the same as Trump's. Chuck Todd and Tom Brokaw just guaranteed it.

Makes more sense than what you said...

alucard13mm
06-12-2016, 08:35 AM
Updated to 50 dead with 50 injured/wounded.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 08:49 AM
His father alleges he saw two men kissing and became enraged.

I guess that means we can look forward to whether a latent who keeps trying to obey his religion until he snaps qualifies as 'Islamic Terrorism'. In fact, it just began--with the alternative being 'hate crime'--although they aren't acknowledging the self hate of latency, of course (at least not on NBC).

mrsat_98
06-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Reports are this is a drill that went live.

donnay
06-12-2016, 08:58 AM
Florida just signed on to Clinton's gun control program, even though it's the same as Trump's. Chuck Todd and Tom Brokaw just guaranteed it.

Makes more sense than what you said...

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

randomname
06-12-2016, 09:00 AM

twomp
06-12-2016, 09:10 AM
In before the idiot bible thumpers show up.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 09:17 AM
In before the idiot bible thumpers show up.

Oh, let's not just get in here before they show up, let's give them something to choke on:

Extreme Christian fundamentalists and extreme Islamic fundamentalists are the same thing, and either can breed a repressed latent so conflicted that he can do this sort of thing. Extremist Christian fundamentalists are just lucky that this one isn't one of theirs.

twomp
06-12-2016, 09:20 AM
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

Noob
06-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Another mass shooting, in Florida. They are calling it a terror attack, but of course there's no doubt it well be use to try to pass new gun control, like the one's that failed to pass after Sandy Hook back in 2013.

A gunman killed 50 people and injured 53 in a crowded gay nightclub in the tourist hub of Orlando, Florida.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

Protect Gun Owners’ Rights Petition Support Sen. Rand Paul’s “Protecting Gun Rights and Due Process Act” (S.2802)

https://nagr.org/2016/SupportProGunLegislation.aspx?pid=3b

http://nagr.org/emergency_fax_petition.aspx?pid=5c

Stop the U.N. Gun Ban

https://nagr.org/2016/StopUNsat-p.aspx?pid=1b

Bryan
06-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Please not springboard off of this tragedy to bash people that had nothing to do with it.

Thanks.

chudrockz
06-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Please not springboard off of this tragedy to bash people that had nothing to do with it.

Thanks.

Understand, but we all know that's what the government is going to be doing VERY soon. :(

Bryan
06-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Understand, but we all know that's what the government is going to be doing VERY soon. :(

Probably so, no need to help them.

No doubt this will be used for more gun grabs.

randomname
06-12-2016, 09:54 AM

Suzanimal
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM

And more surveillance - if that's possible.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 09:58 AM
This deserves investigation.

I suspect that this was so easy for the handlers that they got sloppy.

Someone was working this kid,, someone armed him. Someone nearby.
and someone pushed the button.

It goes beyond religion.. but religion (any of them) is an easy tool for manipulation.

It is not the religion,,but the spirit behind it.

I do wonder how many victims were shot by police?

Reading several reports, he did not fire enough bullets to account for the injuries.

mrsat_98
06-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Drill gone live reports in 3, 2, 1, ....

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Drill gone live reports in 3, 2, 1, ....

Can't say.

But I do wonder how many victims were shot by police?

Reading several reports, he did not fire enough bullets to account for the injuries.

06-12-2016, 10:09 AM
The father is saying the shooter just disliked gays. That would be more of a hate crime than terrorism.

Suzanimal
06-12-2016, 10:10 AM
I don't understand the state of emergency.

"It appears he was organized and well-prepared," Orlando Police Chief John Mina said early Sunday. The shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and "some type of (other) device on him."

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said he had declared a state of emergency for the city and has requested the governor do the same for the state.:confused:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

sam1952
06-12-2016, 10:11 AM
My opinion is this is nothing more than a "two fer". A radical Islamic chose the target as a terrorist and a homosexual target or the other way around.

There is no doubt this is a terror attack and not a hate crime. The LGBT was just a bonus for him.

He was to well trained, armed and methodical.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 10:12 AM

Well of course the intelligence services are saying ISIS had a hand in it.

But unless you work for the MSM, all intel reports will get you is the same right to spend five bucks on coffee as everyone else.

Noob
06-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was previously investigated by the FBI

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:20 AM
The father is saying the shooter just disliked gays. That would be more of a hate crime than terrorism.

Was his father his handler?

timosman
06-12-2016, 10:20 AM

06-12-2016, 10:23 AM
My opinion is this is nothing more than a "two fer". A radical Islamic chose the target as a terrorist and a homosexual target or the other way around.

There is no doubt this is a terror attack and not a hate crime. The LGBT was just a bonus for him.

Trained? He walked into a packed club with an AR15. Anyone could have done that. No disrespect intended, but they were fish in a barrel at that point.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 10:23 AM

They all but admit this was friendly fire, but will deny till doomsday that cops killed any of the fifty dead.

Trained? He walked into a packed club with an AR15. Anyone could have done that. No disrespect intended, but they were fish in a barrel at that point.

Terror is easy in this nation today. Just walk into a crowd and 'trigger' the SWAT teams. You don't actually have to kill anyone yourself.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:24 AM

wut?

You are reading a lot into the stories
or you have entirely different information.

LatinsforPaul
06-12-2016, 10:24 AM
http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/48858199.cached.jpg

Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html)

Mateen killed 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.
The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.
“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”
Mateen was a U.S. citizen; his parents are from Afghanistan, CBS News reports.

06-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Anything is possible. But I doubt it. The shooter was what 30 and US born? Parents were from Afghanistan. That would be one heck of a sleeper. The Islamic extremists there were our allies at that point.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 10:27 AM
http://cdn.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer/jcr:content/image.crop.800.500.jpg/48858199.cached.jpg

Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html)

Dude's doing the duck lips. No, frustrated latency couldn't have anything to do with this...

puppetmaster
06-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Wonder if the dumbass will say it is islamic terrorism or blame the shooter....or blame the gun

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:29 AM
[IMG]]
Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI

“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”
Mateen was a U.S. citizen; his parents are from Afghanistan, CBS News reports.

So I guess we can assume he did have a handler.

Who were his parents in Afghanistan? Connections to Government?

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:33 AM
Anything is possible. But I doubt it. The shooter was what 30 and US born? Parents were from Afghanistan. That would be one heck of a sleeper. The Islamic extremists there were our allies at that point.

I didn't say anything about Islam. That is irrelevant.
Who was the dad? Who was he in Afghanistan? What are his connections to US Spook services?

A guy simply does not kill 50 and wound 50 more by firing 20 rounds..

Bigger story here.

06-12-2016, 10:35 AM
So I guess we can assume he did have a handler.

Who were his parents in Afghanistan? Connections to Government?

If he's US born, Afghanistan has been through a lot of government who have been in and out of favor with the US.

Seems like he was just another crazy shooter, probably not much connection to terrorism besides reading about it online.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 10:37 AM

They said on the local news that this is being investigated as a hate crime and terrorism. If the shooter was still alive, they'd really throw the book at him...

Agree. The bottom line is that it's terrorism. Like the Paris attack, the target is not always random. They go for a "two fer" in choosing the target.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
If he's US born, Afghanistan has been through a lot of government who have been in and out of favor with the US.

Seems like he was just another crazy shooter, probably not much connection to terrorism besides reading about it online.

The word you are dancing around is "patsy".

06-12-2016, 10:38 AM
I didn't say anything about Islam. That is irrelevant.
Who was the dad? Who was he in Afghanistan? What are his connections to US Spook services?

A guy simply does not kill 50 and wound 50 more by firing 20 rounds..

Bigger story here.

The cops probably caught some of those in the crossfire. They won't admit it, or it will come out quietly months or years later.

America has been pussified. Likely everyone ran and hid and nobody tried to stop the shooter. Figure a couple 30 round clips and able to change clips with no resistance and it's very plausible.

oyarde
06-12-2016, 10:39 AM
How long before the next of kin are notified and they list the 50 deceased ?

puppetmaster
06-12-2016, 10:48 AM
Oh, let's not just get in here before they show up, let's give them something to choke on:

Extreme Christian fundamentalists and extreme Islamic fundamentalists are the same thing, and either can breed a repressed latent so conflicted that he can do this sort of thing. Extremist Christian fundamentalists are just lucky that this one isn't one of theirs. i don't like any religious fanatics but to deflect this to a other religions is crazy anti religious fanaticism also. Islam kills gays and openly promotes this behavior from what I see. People like this piss me off because they will use this to take my freedoms.

sam1952
06-12-2016, 10:51 AM

When I used the word trained I was referring to his planning. His timing (2am no weapons check at the door), heavily armed with plenty of ammunition, his ability to swap out magazines (requires practice aka training), a possible suicide vest.

Yeah, I'd say he's had training even if self trained. Oh, he was a security guard and would have venture to guess he liked weapons.

I practice my shooting skills, doesn't pretty much everyone?

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 11:07 AM

And more surveillance - if that's possible.

Just started reading about this, and have not had time to sift through anything yet.

But yeah, no matter what, the end result will be the same: more freedom lost for us Mundanes.

That's always the end result.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 11:10 AM
And of course, everybody but the shooter was disarmed:

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption

http://www.flcwla.com/faq.htm

Suzanimal
06-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was previously investigated by the FBI

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/

]The 29-year-old suspect was known to the FBI[/B], the officials said -- one of hundreds of people on the agency's radar suspected of being ISIS sympathizers, according to two law enforcement officials.

I bet they knew him real well.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 11:11 AM
I, frankly, thought one of the airport cattle ramps was going to be the next target.

donnay
06-12-2016, 11:19 AM

Nothing is impossible. Manchurian Candidate style.

randomname
06-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Live view of reddit mods deleting posts about the shooting

https://r.go1dfish.me/r/news/comments/4nql8f/orlando_nightclub_shooting_megathread/?sort=new

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 11:30 AM
I, frankly, thought one of the airport cattle ramps was going to be the next target.

That happened in 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Los_Angeles_International_Airport_shooting

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 11:31 AM
They are reporting the gunman called 911 and claimed allegiance to ISIS.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 11:32 AM
The gay club aspect of this will be played to the hilt by the media in an attempt to help Hillary.

Valli6
06-12-2016, 11:37 AM
He was born in NYC to parents who were citizens of Afghanistan. The guy was an anchor baby.
Misinterpreting the law kills Americans.

timosman
06-12-2016, 11:38 AM
The gay club aspect of this will be played to the hilt by the media in an attempt to help Hillary.

How did the shooter get in? Did he pay the cover?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Breaking news is that a gunman has been stopped with multiple firearms on his way to some gay pride parade in L.A.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Anything is possible. But I doubt it. The shooter was what 30 and US born? Parents were from Afghanistan that would be one heck of a sleeper. The Islamic extremists there were our allies at that point.

Coincidentally, a contractor was giving me an earfull the other day about immigrants. He had a lot of opinions about Muslim immigration. He was opposed to it. Said to not trust any of them. He was a non-Muslim immigrant from Iran. Said that the parents may work hard, but the kids become lazy and aimless in the US, and go on the goverment dole. For some reason, he was a huge Hillary supporter because he thought that Hill-Bill would be tough on crime and welfare cheats.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 11:42 AM
He was born in NYC to parents who were citizens of Afghanistan. The guy was an anchor baby.
Misinterpreting the law kills Americans.

:rolleyes: Were Harris and Klebold "anchor babies?" How about Adam Lanza? James Holmes?

juleswin
06-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Really sad news, wish this as*hole's parent had pulled out when they had the chance.

But I am afraid that the anti gunners would successfully use this tragedy to implement the gun control laws they've been trying to pass since Sandy hook. And you remember the attempt to ban people on terror watch list from buying guns? that laws is going to get passed this time around.

Valli6
06-12-2016, 11:51 AM
:rolleyes: Were Dylan and Klebold "anchor babies?" How about Adam Lanza? James Holmes?
They were insane. We have more than enough insane Americans. We don't need to be importing more insane persons - particularly when they come from countries were extreme intolerance is not even considered a problem worth dwelling on.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Yes, that's what this will be used for. But the real tragedy is that there was a law against carrying guns into that bar, so the only person there who was armed was the criminal.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 11:53 AM
They were insane. We have more than enough insane Americans. We don't need to be importing more insane persons - particularly when they come from countries were extreme intolerance is not even considered a problem worth dwelling on.

Yes, they were insane. That is the common thread. Not illegals and "anchor babies."

silverhandorder
06-12-2016, 11:54 AM

No aspect of this will help her.

donnay
06-12-2016, 11:55 AM

Saudi Arabia does this kind of thing to gay people all the time. Also the Clinton Foundation takes millions from the Saudi's.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Four days ago.

ISIS 'kill list' targets Palm Beach, Treasure Coast residents: Ex-FBI agent

http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/isis-kill-list-targets-palm-beach-treasure-coast-residents-ex-fbi-agent

WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) — A pro-Isis group has released a hit list with the names of more than 8,000 peoplemostly Americans.

More than 600-people live in Florida, and one security expert believes that many of those targeted live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast.

<snip>

Kaplan is concerned the list will inspire "lone wolf" style attacks.

euphemia
06-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Extreme Christian fundamentalists and extreme Islamic fundamentalists are the same thing, and either can breed a repressed latent so conflicted that he can do this sort of thing. Extremist Christian fundamentalists are just lucky that this one isn't one of theirs.

Just so you know, Miss Congeniality, Christians do not follow Mohammed, who did advocate violence. Christians follow Jesus who generally did not advocate violence. Big difference there.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 12:03 PM
They were insane. We have more than enough insane Americans. We don't need to be importing more insane persons

Gotta agree with this.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Just so you know, Miss Congeniality, Christians do not follow Mohammed, who did advocate violence. Christians follow Jesus who generally did not advocate violence. Big difference there.

Oh, well. That explains why the story of the Crusades was one of a group of people traveling from Europe to the Middle East in peace and getting slaughtered.

Oh, wait...

Extreme fundamentalism does not generally pay attention to the actual facts of what their religion does and does not encourage. I know the word 'fundamental' would make it seem that they do, but they do not.

And Mohammed 'generally' did not advocate violence either.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 12:08 PM
And you remember the attempt to ban people on terror watch list from buying guns? that laws is going to get passed this time around.

And I gotta agree with this as well.

Which will truly be the "end game" once fundamental rights can be stripped away by being placed on a secret list by secret police with no way in which to remove yourself.

That's secret.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Four days ago.

ISIS 'kill list' targets Palm Beach, Treasure Coast residents: Ex-FBI agent

http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/isis-kill-list-targets-palm-beach-treasure-coast-residents-ex-fbi-agent

WEST PALM BEACH (CBS12) — A pro-Isis group has released a hit list with the names of more than 8,000 peoplemostly Americans.

More than 600-people live in Florida, and one security expert believes that many of those targeted live in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast.

<snip>

Kaplan is concerned the list will inspire "lone wolf" style attacks.

We reached out to the FBI, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and Martin County Sheriff's Office to see how credible they view the threat and what action they might be taking.

We are awaiting their response.

According to the Martin County Sheriffs office,the FBI is aware of this and the agency will work closely with the Joint-Terrorism Task Force to keep citizens safe.

Ahhh, Jeez.

TheTexan
06-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Are the Officers OK?

06-12-2016, 12:17 PM
How did the shooter get in? Did he pay the cover?

He was carrying an AR15 into a "gun free" zone.

Breaking news is that a gunman has been stopped with multiple firearms on his way to some gay pride parade in L.A.

Hmm. Hysteria, copycat or co ordinated attack ala 9/11?

:rolleyes: Were Harris and Klebold "anchor babies?" How about Adam Lanza? James Holmes?

McVeigh was obviously a European-American anchor baby.

dannno
06-12-2016, 12:17 PM

A lot of Christians have fought and died for the religious freedom we have in the west. How many Muslims have fought and died for religious freedom?

Legend1104
06-12-2016, 12:19 PM
Oh, well. That explains why the story of the Crusades was one of a group of people traveling from Europe to the Middle East in peace and getting slaughtered.

Oh, wait...

Actually the crusades were a response to Muslim aggression against Christians. I'm not saying it was a great idea but they started as an attempt to prevent the destruction of Christianity by militant Muslims that had been trying to invade and conquer Christian Europe for centuries.

silverhandorder
06-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Oh, wait...
You mean after Muslims pushed to the gates of Vienna, sacked Rome, conquered Antioch and Constantinople?

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 12:22 PM
No aspect of this will help her.

It will eventually boil down to "evil Republicans hate LGBT, Hillary will defend, support, love and avenge them".

PRB
06-12-2016, 12:24 PM
Good, now we can official forget about Christina Grimmie's death.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 12:24 PM
You know, I don't think history is recorded accurately or completely enough to provide a meaningful answer to, 'Who started it?'

I thought I was vaccinating this thread against the possibility of blaming hundreds of millions of innocent people for the actions of a lone madman, but I guess that vaccine doesn't exist.

randomname
06-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Disgusting NYT piles on

PRB
06-12-2016, 12:25 PM

McVeigh was obviously a European-American anchor baby.

But you don't need guns to kill people!!!

Look, I can find an article when somebody killed without a gun!!! Therefore gun free zones aren't exactly safe for shooters!! People can use non-gun weapon to defend themselves!!!!

silverhandorder
06-12-2016, 12:27 PM
It will eventually boil down to "evil Republicans hate LGBT, Hillary will defend, support, love and avenge them".

As much as Democrats delude them selves but Republicans do not hate gays and will be just as pissed about this.

I get what you are saying but the dynamic of race/gender baiting vs rallying around alpha leader. I think baiting is played out, rallying around a leader is just beginning.

Danke
06-12-2016, 12:27 PM
This should rekindle the conversation about sensible gun control.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Disgusting NYT piles on

Words strung together in succession such as "SHALL NOT be infringed" are hard for editor's to wrap their head around.

Antischism
06-12-2016, 12:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVlfYx8WIAAgJdp.jpg:large

silverhandorder
06-12-2016, 12:34 PM
You know, I don't think history is recorded accurately or completely enough to provide a meaningful answer to, 'Who started it?'

I thought I was vaccinating this thread against the possibility of blaming hundreds of millions of innocent people for the actions of a lone madman, but I guess that vaccine doesn't exist.

Accurately enough to know Islam is fascist political ideology. Scum spread until they backed Europeans into a corner.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Words strung together in succession such as "SHALL NOT be infringed" are hard for editor's to wrap their head around.

Just like an armed civilian on the spot can end the thing long before the cops show up and get in position is too adult a concept for them. Just like an armed civilian on the spot can end the thing before the cops start taking out bystanders by accident is too adult a concept for them.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Live view of reddit mods deleting posts about the shooting

https://r.go1dfish.me/r/news/comments/4nql8f/orlando_nightclub_shooting_megathread/?sort=new

Wow! The page just crashed on me, but that's seriously nuts. My fave deleted comment said something like "When everybody thought it was a right wing nut job this was on the front page, but now that it's confirmed that it is a terror attack by a Muslim, it isn't?"

lilymc
06-12-2016, 12:38 PM

My guess is the latter. We're screwed. The ptsb have done a fantastic job manipulating and brainwashing the public to willingly give up their rights. And anyone who points that out is labeled a crazy conspiracy theorist. I'm starting to think about moving outside the US again. I just can't stand to see what is going on here. :(

euphemia
06-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Oh, wait...

Extreme fundamentalism does not generally pay attention to the actual facts of what their religion does and does not encourage. I know the word 'fundamental' would make it seem that they do, but they do not.

And Mohammed 'generally' did not advocate violence either.

Did you forget about the part where Muslims invaded Europe to attempt to force mass conversions? The Crusades were a response. Mohammed did advocate violence. He said the infidel must die. He also advocated oppression of women and violence toward them and children.

06-12-2016, 12:43 PM
But you don't need guns to kill people!!!

Look, I can find an article when somebody killed without a gun!!! Therefore gun free zones aren't exactly safe for shooters!! People can use non-gun weapon to defend themselves!!!!

The real problem is America has become so weak and helpless. When these events happen, boobus is now trained to run and hide waiting for the police to save them. Hundreds of people vs one shooter, it's possible he could have been stopped.

Just a few days before and a few miles away after that singer was shot, her brother took down the shooter.

PRB
06-12-2016, 12:44 PM
The real problem is America has become so weak and helpless. When these events happen, boobus is now trained to run and hide waiting for the police to save them. Hundreds of people vs one shooter, it's possible he could have been stopped.

Just a few days before and a few miles away after that singer was shot, her brother took down the shooter.

It was 1 day. you can forget her name now. Christina Grimmie.

PRB
06-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Did you forget about the part where Muslims invaded Europe to attempt to force mass conversions? The Crusades were a response. Mohammed did advocate violence. He said the infidel must die. He also advocated oppression of women and violence toward them and children.

Did you get over what happened centuries ago? Didn't think so, that's why we need to keep grudging over the Holocaust and native American genocides.

randomname
06-12-2016, 12:48 PM

lilymc
06-12-2016, 12:56 PM
This guy is saying what I was thinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE9QJ9TB01I

06-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Well it gets better. The shooters father was a candidate for president of Afghanistan, no idea if this was a serious candidacy. He also hosted a political TV show and is on record supporting the Taliban.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Guns are heavily regulated in France.

That did not stop the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

Brian4Liberty
Guman worked for a Federal government contractor as a security guard. Maybe Obama needs to take guns away from his security people.

@POTUS: "This massacre is ... a further reminder of how easy it is for someone to get their hands on a weapon"

Nobody saw that coming right?

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Florida gunman identified as Omar Mateen, US citizen of Afghan descent

The Indian Express-3 hours ago
The gunman behind a mass shooting at a gay club in Orlando, Florida has been identified as an citizen of Afghan descent, US television ...

Related

After Airstrike on Afghan Hospital, a Look at U.S. 'Condolence Payments' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?483543-After-Airstrike-on-Afghan-Hospital-a-Look-at-U-S-Condolence-Payments&)

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217% (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?424803-Iraq-Afghanistan-wars-disabled-624-000-US-troops-Divorces-up-42-Foreclosures-up-217&)

Obama Expands U.S. Military's Authority To Target Taliban In Afghanistan

June 10, 20161:11 PM ET

President Obama has given U.S. military commanders in Afghanistan new authority to target the Taliban.
Pentagon officials say the president is authorizing commanders to order airstrikes to support major Afghan offensives, NPR national security editor Phil Ewing reports, adding that the airstrikes must be "the deciding factor" in helping an offensive succeed.
Previously, commanders had been authorized to issue airstrikes to defend U.S. troops or "prevent major overruns of Afghan troops by the Taliban," Phil says.

Defense officials tell Phil the president is also authorizing U.S. commanders to deploy troops along with regular Afghan infantry forces — not just Afghan special operations forces, which the military is currently assisting.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/10/481544618/obama-expands-u-s-militarys-authority-to-target-taliban-in-afghanistan

April 2016
US joint raid kills 12, 3 children; Taliban attack on SS office kills 70 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?494368-Afghan-news-US-joint-raid-kills-12-3-children-Taliban-attack-on-SS-office-kills-70&)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWKG6ZmgAX4

RJB
Mohammed did advocate violence. He said the infidel must die. He also advocated oppression of women and violence toward them and children.

Not just advocated it,he participated in it.

twomp
Well it gets better. The shooters father was a candidate for president of Afghanistan, no idea if this was a serious candidacy. He also hosted a political TV show and is on record supporting the Taliban.

Oh snap!! Has the father been arrested yet!!

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 01:00 PM

Radicalized at home? Obama will ban home-schooling.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Guns are heavily regulated in France.

That enabled the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

Fixed that for you.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 01:09 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

Omar Mateen, Terrorist Who Attacked Orlando Gay Club, Had Been Investigated by FBI

Omar Mateen of Port Saint Lucie, Florida, came to the attention of federal authorities twice prior to being identified as the gunman in the Orlando gay nightclub mass shooting, a senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast.

Mateen killed 53 people and shot more than 100 in total at the Pulse gay nightclub early Sunday morning, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

The senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that Mateen was born in New York and was married for a time to a woman from New Jersey.
That woman told the Washington Post that he repeatedly abused her during their marraige, which lasted from April 2009 to July 2011.
“He was not a stable person,” the ex-wife said. “He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”

Mateen's parent are from Afghanistan but he was not very religious, she said, adding that he "seemed like a normal human being."

Mateen's father Mir Seddique told NBC News that the sight of two men kissing angered his son.

“We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident,” the father added. “We weren’t aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country.”

The attack, he said, “has nothing to do with religion.” However, Pete Williams of NBC News reported that Mateen called 911 and swore his allegiance to al-Baghdadi of ISIS before the shooting massacre.

FBI Agent Ron Hopper told reporters Mateen may have had leanings toward Islamic extremism. The law enforcement source told The Daily Beast there is no immediate indication that Mateen had any direct connection to ISIS. Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Mateen had pledged allegiance to ISIS, according to officials from the Department of Homeland Security.

ISIS recently declared online that its followers should mount attacks to mark the approach of the holy month of Ramadan.

The message came in an audio recording from spokesman Abu Mohammed al-Adnani, released in May. Muslims around the world fast during Ramadan in honor of the first revelation from God to Muhammad. The terrorist group believes it to be a particularly opportune time for attacks.

“Ramadan, the month of conquest and jihad. Get prepared, be ready...to make it a month of calamity everywhere for the non-believers...especially for the fighters and supporters of the caliphate in Europe and America,” Adnani said.

Mateen had a valid firearms license in Florida and worked as a security guard at a facility for juvenile deliquents.

Armed with an AR-15-style assault rifle and a handgun, Mateen entered Pulse club around 2 a.m. Sunday morning and beg
an shooting. After most of the 320 people there escaped, Mateen took hostages from a group that was hiding in a bathroom. Shortly before 6 a.m., a SWAT unit breached the club and engaged Mateen in what’s being called a protracted gun battle. Mateen was killed.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 01:11 PM
This is already in the existing thread, Zip. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496550-Islamic-extremist-kills-50-at-Orlando-gay-nightclub

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 01:18 PM
FBI said he was investigated both in 2013 and again in 2014 and that both investigations were closed.

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 01:19 PM
http://i0.wp.com/thegrio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/omar-mateen.jpg?fit=650%2C366

Florida gunman identified as Omar Mateen, US citizen of Afghan descent

The Indian Express-3 hours ago
The gunman behind a mass shooting at a gay club in Orlando, Florida has been identified as an citizen of Afghan descent, US television ...

Initial reports are often semi-correct at best , let's wait till investigations are completed and behavioral experts have examined motivations behind this horrible boodbath.

Mateen's father Mir Seddique told NBC News that the sight of two men kissing angered his son.

“We are saying we are apologizing for the whole incident,” the father added. “We weren’t aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country.”

The attack, he said, “has nothing to do with religion.”

Was it Afghanistan war news where it was reported that sexual abuse of young boys was common in Afghan society and US troops were told to overlook it in some cases when US funded Afghan soldiers sexually abused Afghan children on military bases?

WikiLeaks: Texas Company Helped Pimp Little Boys To Stoned Afghan Cops (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272086-WikiLeaks-Texas-Company-Helped-Pimp-Little-Boys-To-Stoned-Afghan-Cops&)

Routine Child Rape by Afghan Police on US Payroll (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421001-Routine-Child-Rape-by-Afghan-Police-on-US-Payroll&)

Pentagon spent $504,816 on Viagra last year (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?468455-Pentagon-spent-504-816-on-Viagra-last-year&)

An Afghan descent young man growing up in America in these times may have multiple factors influencing his actions or it could be a simplistic ideologic belief blinding his rational brain. Let's wait till experts have examined all the relevant factors.

Potentially-Related

After Airstrike on Afghan Hospital, a Look at U.S. 'Condolence Payments' (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?483543-After-Airstrike-on-Afghan-Hospital-a-Look-at-U-S-Condolence-Payments&)

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217% (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?424803-Iraq-Afghanistan-wars-disabled-624-000-US-troops-Divorces-up-42-Foreclosures-up-217&)

Obama Expands U.S. Military's Authority To Target Taliban In Afghanistan

June 10, 20161:11 PM ET

President Obama has given U.S. military commanders in Afghanistan new authority to target the Taliban.
Pentagon officials say the president is authorizing commanders to order airstrikes to support major Afghan offensives, NPR national security editor Phil Ewing reports, adding that the airstrikes must be "the deciding factor" in helping an offensive succeed.
Previously, commanders had been authorized to issue airstrikes to defend U.S. troops or "prevent major overruns of Afghan troops by the Taliban," Phil says.

Defense officials tell Phil the president is also authorizing U.S. commanders to deploy troops along with regular Afghan infantry forces — not just Afghan special operations forces, which the military is currently assisting.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/10/481544618/obama-expands-u-s-militarys-authority-to-target-taliban-in-afghanistan

April 2016
US joint raid kills 12, 3 children; Taliban attack on SS office kills 70 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?494368-Afghan-news-US-joint-raid-kills-12-3-children-Taliban-attack-on-SS-office-kills-70&)

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 01:21 PM
And now as ususual, a news conference with every law enforcement agency known to man all patting each other on the back for a job well done.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2016, 01:25 PM
FBI said he was investigated both in 2013 and again in 2014 and that both investigations were closed.

Excellent work. Now bend over mundane, it's time to check your butthole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZ9XLNKBH8

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 01:26 PM

I thought it had her FINGERPRINTS.

attack Bernie support and push Gun Control in Florida.

Of course it will only help her.. it will help Trump too..He will play on the anger.

donnay
06-12-2016, 01:27 PM
CBS News reports that the nightclub killer has been identified as Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29, from Port Saint Lucie, Florida. He was reportedly employed as a security guard, according to CNN.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/12/5-facts-suspected-orlando-terrorist-omar-mateen/

They are located in Juptier, Florida.
http://www.g4s.com/

http://www.g4s.us/~/media/Files/USA/G4S_Gov_Services1.pdf
http://gsnmagazine.com/article/32789/g4s_lands_contract_worth_nearly_quarter_billion_do
Wed, 2013-08-28 04:43 PM
CBP has decided to stick with G4S, the company currently providing detainee transportation, medical escort services and security guard services along the Southwest border, with a new contract for similar ongoing services worth more than $234 million.

The award by CBP was issued to G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc., of Jupiter, FL, on August 22.

Among other duties, G4S personnel will be expected to “transport and guard illegal aliens from their points of apprehension until they are either returned to their country of origin for repatriation or transferred to another agency for long-term detention,” says the award notice.

In other instances, a G4S employee might multi-task as both a bus driver and as a medical escort guard at a facility or medical establishment.

This services contract was conceived as a way to “outsource” some of the duties earlier performed by uniformed personnel of the Border Patrol, in order to give border patrol agents more time to concentrate on detecting and apprehending illegal immigrants.

The operational area for the renewed G4S contract will cover four states -- California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas -- and nine Southwest border sectors, says CBP’s notice.

H/T: TahoeBlue

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 01:29 PM
He was licensed to work security and carry a gun.

Well, obviously more government is the answer, because its licensing protocols do such a fine job.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Did you forget about the part where Muslims invaded Europe to attempt to force mass conversions?

Nope.. but I did read some history.

Seem Islam and the empire that embraced it,, was more a response to the Roman empire invasion of the Middle East.

Roman Empire predated Islam. As did the Khazar. They invaded Europe.

I have however heard of Inquisitions (plural),, and forced 'christian" conversions.

RonPaulIsGreat
06-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Islam is the religion of peace.

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Headline of this news may turn out to be false, his profile in public domain does not appear to paint the picture of an "Islamic extremist":

http://i0.wp.com/thegrio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/omar-mateen.jpg?fit=650%2C366

TheTexan
06-12-2016, 01:43 PM
We need to ban muslims or guns or muslims with guns

But we gotta ban something

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 01:44 PM
We need to ban muslims or guns or muslims with guns

But we gotta ban something

Ban Police.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 01:47 PM
How many victims were shot by police?

I am thinking most..

but that is the real story.

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Islam is the religion of peace.

Not so sure about that, this is reported to be some alleged work of first "Islamic President" :

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-07-29-15droneC1.png
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...-15droneC1.png (http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-07-29-15droneC1.png)

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 01:53 PM
He was with his father recently in Miami and saw two men kissing which pissed him off according to his Dad. But you are right that early reports sometimes turn out to be incorrect. It says his is of Afghan decent but he was US born.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/omar-mateen-suspected-orlando-night-club-shooter/story?id=39790797

Mateen, whose parents are from Afghanistan, was born in New York but lived in an apartment in Fort Pierce, Florida, more than 100 miles from Orlando, officials said. Officials said today he purchased two weapons, a handgun and "long gun," just in the last few days.

Public records show Mateen was divorced in 2011 and his ex-wife said today he was violent, mentally unstable and beat her repeatedly when they were married. The woman said she met Mateen online about eight years ago and moved to Florida to marry him, as first reported by The Washington Post.

“He was not a stable person,” the ex-wife said, according to the Post. “He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”

Officials said Mateen had two firearms licenses, a security officer license and a statewide firearms license, all expiring in September 2017. Mateen worked for the security firm G4S since 2007, the company said, adding that it is cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Perhaps just coincidence, but this is Gay Pride month and also Ramadan - the Islamic month of fasting and prayer.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Was investigated by the FBI. (that stirs curiosity,)

They judged him a good candidate and assigned a handler.

an event was needed before elections,, and to distract from Bilderberg coverage.

He was triggered.

How many people did the Cops Shoot?

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 01:59 PM
It's amazing how much evil the powers that can be can get away with by pitting the alleged adherants of two religions against each other, then hiding behind the cover their fight provides.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Nobody follows Bilderberg coverage anyways.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Headline of this news may turn out to be false, his profile in public domain does not appear to paint the picture of an "Islamic extremist":

Watching the different newz stations it seems all are using the picture on the right but all of them conspicuously crop out the NYPD embroidery.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:08 PM

TV show was on a "local access" channel in California but as usual in the internet age, some were posted on YouTube.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/12/orlando-shooting-suspects-father-hosted-a-political-tv-show-and-even-tried-to-run-for-the-afghan-presidency/

The most recent video on Mateen’s YouTube channel shows him declaring his candidacy for the Afghan presidency. The timing of the video is strange, as it came a year after presidential elections were held in Afghanistan. Mateen appears incoherent at times in the video, and he jumps abruptly from topic to topic. His use of Dari, instead of Pashto, the language of Pashtuns, was another strange element of his presentation, given that he is discussing issues of Pashtun nationalism.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Nobody follows Bilderberg coverage anyways.

How many people did the police shoot..?

How many hostages were killed by police? How many wounded were hit by police fire?

until proven otherwise,, I am inclined to believe all of them are victims of Police Fire.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2016, 02:11 PM
We just need to admit more "refugees" and illegal aliens. That will fix everything.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2016, 02:14 PM
So it's another one of those US citizen wackos who read about it on the internet and went out killing? It's a crime not foreign terrorism.

But let's just nuke wherever he or his grandparents came from just to be sure...

His parents are from Afghanistan.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:17 PM
His parents are from Afghanistan.

But he was born in the USA. New York.

LibertyEagle

ISIS has taken credit for this mass shooting.

pcosmar
We just need to admit more "refugees" and illegal aliens. That will fix everything.

The guy was raised here.
His father came long ago,, and was connected to our government at the time.

How many were shot by police. drop the dumb stuff about the patsy and the victims..

How many people did the police shoot.?

the biggest mass shooting in history.. how many were shot by the police?

I am thinking most if not all.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:18 PM

How many hostages were killed by police? How many wounded were hit by police fire?

until proven otherwise,, I am inclined to believe all of them are victims of Police Fire.

Police didn't even enter until about three hours after it started. Were they(the victims) all just sitting around partying all that time with the shooter?

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/nation-now/three-horrific-hours-orlando-nightclub-massacre/240921396

SIEGE BEGINS:

2:02 a.m. Shots ring out as a police offer working as a security guard engages in gun battle with assailant, Omar Mateen, 29, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., outside the Pulse Orlando nightclub around closing time, according to Orlando police chief John Mina. Mateen was armed with an AR-15-style assault rifle, a handgun and an unidentified device.

The gunman makes way into club, where more than 300 people were enjoying Latino night, and opens fire, causing chaos as patrons realize what is unfolding. Mateen fired an "unknown number of rounds," Mateen says. "There were numerous shots." Eyewitnesses said people on the dance floor and around the bar area dived to the floor, with some lucky enough to flee.

Jackie Smith, who was inside the club and says two friends were shot, told the Associated Press after release from Orlando Regional Medical Center: "Some guy walked in and started shooting everybody. He had an automatic rifle, so nobody stood a chance. I just tried to get out of there."

2:09 a.m. About seven minutes after the first shot, the Pulse Orlando nightclub's Facebook page zapped out a chilling message: "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running."

2:17 A.M. @bjoewolf (Brandon Wolf), tweets: “Omg. Shooting at pulse. We hid in the bathroom. And we can’t find our friends."

Club goer Christopher Hansen who escaped the club, later told CNN, “It’s just shocking, I just saw bodies going down.” Hansen estimates that more than 40 shots were fired.

Speaking to reporters after the assault, Florida Rep. Alan Grayson, a Democrat, said: "All the killing that was done was with an assault rifle, a single weapon...it was done very quickly also."

MULTI-HOUR HOSTAGE SITUATION ENSUES:

2 a.m. ET to 5 a.m. ET. Law enforcement and the shooter engage in three-hour standoff, with the assailant holding hostages.

Updates and pleas for help from frightened patrons, many hiding in a restroom, trapped in club zapped out to police, friends and the world via text messages and social media, such as Twitter.

Multiple emergency vehicles and law enforcement teams respond to the scene of the shooting. Bomb units were sent to the scene, as were hazardous material teams.

Around 3 a.m. Orlando Fire Department calls in the bomb squad. SWAT teams were also called in.

3:58 a.m. Orlando police, via Twitter, warn public to stay away from the nightclub area.

Around 5 a.m.

5 a.m. About three hours after the standoff began, Orlando police chief John Mina says the decision was made to storm the club and "rescue patrons (hiding) in a bathroom" and others still trapped inside the club in an effort to minimize loss of life. The police, Mina said, used a BearCat armored rescue vehicle to "get through a club wall."

5:05 a.m. Cops also set off a "controlled detonation" around this time to distract the assailant.

Gunfire was "exchanged between the SWAT team and the suspect at 0500 hours," or 5 a.m. officials said later during a press conference.

Police said the gunman was killed in the firefight.

“We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene," Mina said, adding that the SWAT team's decision to go in saved the lives of "at least 30 possible victims."

5:53 a.m. About an hour later the Orlando police department confirm via Twitter that the assailant, Mateen, had been killed: “Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.”

Ender
06-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Was investigated by the FBI. (that stirs curiosity,)

They judged him a good candidate and assigned a handler.

an event was needed before elections,, and to distract from Bilderberg coverage.

He was triggered.

How many people did the Cops Shoot?

That's exactly where my brain went when I read the OP title.

Ender
06-12-2016, 02:19 PM

And who runs ISIS, actually?

Ender
06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
It's amazing how much evil the powers that can be can get away with by pitting the alleged adherants of two religions against each other, then hiding behind the cover their fight provides.

Yep.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 02:21 PM

ISIS is a direct creation of our government..

How many people were killed by the police?

the pertinent question that is very obviously not being asked.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2016, 02:22 PM
That Allahu Akhbar the guy yelled was choice too.

RJB
06-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Did you get over what happened centuries ago? Didn't think so, that's why we need to keep grudging over the Holocaust and native American genocides.

You are right if you are talking about wallowing in the dark emotions that dwelling on the past can do.

However it is vital to study the history and philisophical outlooks of people. History tragically repeats itself too damned often. Every group on Earth has a history of both victimhood and atrocities. Understanding it helps prevent it.

The insane foreign policy is driving many angry people from the middle east into the west. This will not end pretty if it continues.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 02:24 PM

Yes, but what are the credible sources saying?

euphemia
06-12-2016, 02:28 PM
How many people were killed by the police?

Yeah, keep on asking this. Ignore this tragedy for the victims and their families.

Ender
06-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah, keep on asking this. Ignore this tragedy for the victims and their families.

That also includes refraining from pulling the religion card.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Not ignoring it.

How many.. Did the police shoot all these people for a False Headline?

Perhaps.
But it is not about an American raised in a Muslim home with no more religious extremism than half the pew sitters in ant Christian church.
And a responsible position as an armed officer .
Nor is it about the Gay community in Florida. Little Havana is there and is as Conservative as America gets. And those are some well armed boys.

Now,,
Why did the police shoot up a Gay bar??

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Helping them achieve justice is no disservice to them.

Depends on your double standard, I suppose. Careful, you might get called Miss Congeniality too.

Natural Citizen
06-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Dang. Didn't some pop singer just get killed in a similar environment, too? Hm. Scwewy.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:40 PM
This was the fourth mass shooting (defined as at least four victims) in Orlando THIS YEAR.

jonhowe
06-12-2016, 02:41 PM
How many victims were shot by police?

I am thinking most..

but that is the real story.

Citation required.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Not ignoring it.

How many.. Did the police shoot all these people for a False Headline?

Perhaps.
But it is not about an American raised in a Muslim home with no more religious extremism than half the pew sitters in ant Christian church.
And a responsible position as an armed officer .
Nor is it about the Gay community in Florida. Little Havana is there and is as Conservative as America gets. And those are some well armed boys.

Now,,
Why did the police shoot up a Gay bar??

What is your evidence that only the police shot anybody? Is that "just what police do"- walk into a bar and start shooting everybody? If the guy with the guns was just hanging out at the bar, why did they wait three hours before going in themselves?

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 02:44 PM
What is your evidence that only the police shot anybody? Is that "just what police do"- walk into a bar and start shooting everybody?

He never said he had any. But there certainly is evidence the police shot somebody besides the alleged Lone Gunman.

Indeed, they seem to have already admitted to shooting each other.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 02:46 PM
What is your evidence that only the police shot anybody?

Did not say only..

Said most.. and perhaps all. Though it is possible that he killed or wounded some before engaging is hours long gun battle with police.

How may rounds expended by police?

How many by the "shooter"..? who actually hit what?

it is the part called "Investigation" as opposed to "story telling".

I don't believe their quickly concocted story,,and believe it should be investigated.

jonhowe
06-12-2016, 02:47 PM

NONE from the guy shooting point blank into a crowded club? OK buddy.

I'm sure some were hit by the police, but this is not on them. This time.

susano
06-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Haven't read this thread, yet. Have heard very little TV. Heard, while listening to Coast to Coast, last night and it was some witness saying a couple of people shot. Hmm. I'll have to sign up to hear their archives so I can hear what was said, again.

Just popped into say I have a default setting on things like this. Most people's default setting is to believe whatever the news tells them. Mine is prove to me it's true. As usual, this one ticks all the boxes: Legally obtained weapons by an insane perp; LGBTQ as victims; must have gun control; LGBTQ people on news talking about love (aren't they just so great!); haters gonna get guns (just heard that).

THIS IS BULLSH/T!

Some gay on TV right now talking about legislation (North Carolina!!!) that makes it okay to HATE LGBTQ people. LGBTQ community "traumatized" by by so much hate, hate, hate. Talking about right wingers, Planned Parenthood, poverty and other leftie talking points and reminding us we need more immigration and Muslims good. When people have just been through a horrible crime, they always talk about legislation, immigration and love, right? It's FAKE.

Anyone buying this?

One guy shoots over 100 people and nobody jumped him? Yeah, right.

I say a bunch of Obot ***** just got new identities, a deposit to some bank account and free relocation to their gay mecca of choice. Just like Charb from Charlie Hebdo.

It's been non stop mass shootings with Obama in office. Bloomberg said he was spending 50 million to fight gun rights. I believe he was involved in the Sandy Hook hoax.

Anyone here ever taken the time to go through material from other mass shootings? I mean the videos, witness interviews and the like? It takes a ton of time. Very few will ever do it.

Natural Citizen
06-12-2016, 02:57 PM
This was the fourth mass shooting (defined as at least four victims) in Orlando THIS YEAR.

Help me to better understand the nature of this statistic, Zip. You lost me here, man. Is there a particular argument that you want to make that may be derived from some other adverse consequences or something? A lot of times people do tend to misunderstand the very nature of statistics whenever particular statistics are offered or inserted into the terms of controversy. I don't want to misunderstand the nature of this one that you mention here. So, yeah. Help me out. Why did you insert this statistic? What argument are you offering here by mentioning that? Or what it just a random thought? Thanks.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 02:57 PM
NONE from the guy shooting point blank into a crowded club? OK buddy.

I'm sure some were hit by the police, but this is not on them. This time.

Yes it is..

I have no idea of the real story.. but it is clearly not the one being presented.

The guy was no Radical or extremest as is being pushed.
He had ties to Law Enforcement.

I have no idea what he thought he was doing there,, I suspect he was manipulated into such.

There is nothing clear here. Except one thing. Police response was to shoot into a building full of innocent victims.

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 03:01 PM
What is your evidence that only the police shot anybody? Is that "just what police do"- walk into a bar and start shooting everybody? If the guy with the guns was just hanging out at the bar, why did they wait three hours before going in themselves?

Yeah, if they storm the place, that is exactly what they do.

If you are unsure of who the hostile is, all people inside are now hostile.

That ensures officer safety.

"Drop 'em all and let God sort 'em out".

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Did not say only..

Said most.. and perhaps all. Though it is possible that he killed or wounded some before engaging is hours long gun battle with police.

I don't believe their quickly concocted story,,and believe it should be investigated.

Mm. Okay.

I concede that some may have been "collateral damage" by cops during the shootout but there were a lot already shot and injured or killed before that started at 5:00 am (the shooter went in at 2:00 am).

susano
06-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Brian Williams just said this was one of the few "safe places" for gays in Orlando.

I also heard Geraldo questioning FBI guy who said the perp had been under investigation for terrorist whatever and a link to an American suicide bomber. Gerlado asked how he was able to legally obtian the the guns, then, and FBI guy said, "Because the investigation was over".

Not buying it. It's another staged drama to advance leftist political agendas.

jonhowe
06-12-2016, 03:04 PM

Yes it is..

I have no idea of the real story.. but it is clearly not the one being presented.

The guy was no Radical or extremest as is being pushed.

I have no idea what he thought he was doing there,, I suspect he was manipulated into such.

There is nothing clear here. Except one thing. Police response was to shoot into a building full of innocent victims.

Source? There was a 3 hour standoff by all accounts. Witnesses report seeing many bodies and losing friends in the initial shooting, well before police arrived or were called. You saying that the police most likely killed everyone flies in the face of all the evidence. Speculating they may have caught some in the crossfire is reasonable, but that's not what you're doing.

It's one thing to say the story is being manipulated or made up, it's another to then just make up your own story in response which fits with none of the witness reports

Ender
06-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Mm. Okay.

I concede that some may have been "collateral damage" by cops during the shootout but there were a lot already shot and injured or killed before that started at 5:00 am (the shooter went in at 2:00 am).

On LE's Thread you posted this, Zip:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...ghtclub/nrfJF/

“Everybody dropped to the floor. We were trying to look for an exit. But the main exit was right next to the entrance where the shooter was shooting,’’ he said.

“In a moment of desperation we were all crawling on the floor trying to find a place to exit. I looked to my right and I could see people going through some curtains. We were digging through the curtains and found a door.’’

But he said the door was blocked by a man. He wasn’t sure if it was a club security person or an accomplice to the gunmen.

“Fifty people were trying to jump over each other trying to exit the place. There was a guy holding the door and not letting us exit. He’s like ‘Stay inside, stay inside.’ As he is saying that, the shooter keeps getting closer and closer and the sound of the bullets is getting closer. Everyone starts to panic. People are getting trampled. Let us out, let us out!’’’

Gonzalez’ first thought was that it was a hate crime. “This guy is trying to prevent us from leaving. Maybe they’re working together,’’ he said.

Gonzalez said he feel lucky because he hung out on the left side of the club, while the gunman concentrated fire on the right side.

“When you enter the club, there’s a right wing and a left wing. The shooter entered and went straight to the right. He never came to the left (side), which is the hiphop room where the majority of my friends were. Everybody in the right (wing) room got injured.’’

Who was the dude holding the door shut? Very interesting.....

qh4dotcom
06-12-2016, 03:08 PM
So the question is....why was this man allowed to kill and wound over 100 without no one exercising their right to self-defense? Nobody was armed at this gay club?

Ender
06-12-2016, 03:10 PM
So the question is....why was this man allowed to kill and wound over 100 without no one exercising their right to self-defense? Nobody was armed at this gay club?

Gun free zone- you know, for safety. :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Yes it is..

His "ties to law enforcement" consists of working as a private security guard.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-orlando-nightclub-shooting-live-more-details-about-omar-1465744273-htmlstory.html

He worked as a private security guard, the official said, and was a U.S. citizen, though his parents were born overseas.

Anti Federalist

Yup...posted the FL CCW law back on page on IIRC.

No CCW in any place that serves alcohol.

susano
NYT pick comment: “Leaders, please lead. Nothing happened after Newtown, please, please, please get gun control laws in place. My heart breaks for these people and their loved ones. As a mom, I feel terrified to raise a child in a society where this can happen. We repealed Prohibition. Revise the 2nd Amendment, please. People’s lives are at stake. People are dying every day. This is insane. Please, please lead us into a better place.”

https://memoryholeblog.com/2016/06/12/open-thread-orlando-61216-worst-mass-shooting-in-us-history/

lilymc
Not buying it. It's another staged drama to advance leftist political agendas.

The only good news is that more and more regular people are waking up. I was just on youtube reading the comments sections, and even on "mainstream" channels like ABC, AP, etc, you can see in the comments that lots of people are not buying it, and are openly expressing that.

This one, in particular, promotes 3 of their big agendas. Fear of Radical Islam, LGBT, and of course the biggest one, the anti-2A agenda. A 3-for-one, how very convenient. :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:13 PM

It wasn't exactly a Southern Christian Bible meeting.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Mm. Okay.

No,, the shootout started immediately. The guy shot a cop first.

SWAT didn't get into it.. but police were.

add to that ,,this guy was a government tool already. He was employed in armed Law enforcement.

and that is interesting.

How many innocent victims are acceptable..?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Source? There was a 3 hour standoff by all accounts. Witnesses report seeing many bodies and losing friends in the initial shooting, well before police arrived or were called. You saying that the police most likely killed everyone flies in the face of all the evidence. Speculating they may have caught some in the crossfire is reasonable, but that's not what you're doing.

It's one thing to say the story is being manipulated or made up, it's another to then just make up your own story in response which fits with none of the witness reports

Actually, shots were fired outside of the club first. An off duty cop acting as a security guard and two on-duty officers fired at the shooter chasing him into the club.

It then took SWAT over three hours to get their shit together before they entered. Heroes, every last one of them.

Natural Citizen
06-12-2016, 03:15 PM
“Leaders, please lead. Nothing happened after Newtown, please, please, please get gun control laws in place. My heart breaks for these people and their loved ones. As a mom, I feel terrified to raise a child in a society where this can happen...

https://memoryholeblog.com/2016/06/1...in-us-history/ (https://memoryholeblog.com/2016/06/12/open-thread-orlando-61216-worst-mass-shooting-in-us-history/)

Well. We already have gun control laws in place. Besides. Nobody is entitled to have their feelings addressed. Sorry, lady.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
His "ties to law enforcement" consists of working as a private security guard.

Government Contractor.

Pauls' Revere
06-12-2016, 03:18 PM

more than FL I suspect. One thing Trump said just rang in my head when I heard this. "The wall is going up." or forget it.

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 03:21 PM
more than FL I suspect. One thing Trump said just rang in my head when I heard this. "The wall is going up." or forget it.

Um, you do realize that this guy was a natural born citizen, and his parents did not get here via Mexico. Right?

Right?

susano
06-12-2016, 03:21 PM
lol

Some dude from CAIR (a Muslim Brotherhood operation) going on about homophobia and transphobia. Gotta work the Muslims are loving and tolerant angle in to protect the bring in more Muslim immigrants agenda.

So, what's accomplished with this staged drama?

Repeal any and all HB2 type legislation and let cross dressers in the locker and bathrooms already!

Gun owners are haters. Repeal the 2nd amendment.

Only police and military should have weapons (a message oft repeated by the Sandy Hookers).

Bigger police state because ISIS!

Muslims are tolerant and love the LGBTQ community. This was an aberration.

06-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Anyone buying this?

One guy shoots over 100 people and nobody jumped him? Yeah, right.

You know, I questioned that a bit too. I'm trying my best not to stereotype here. But this was a club frequented by young gay people. They probably were not aggressive by nature and at that age have been indoctrinated to believe they should hide and wait for the cops to come save them. It was a textbook soft target.

susano
06-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Well. We already have gun control laws in place. Besides. Nobody is entitled to have their feelings addressed. Sorry, lady.

My take is the NYT bestest post, quoted there at the Memory Hole, is a paid poster. There's a zillion of them shilling for gun control and sometimes they even threaten to and do sue people who expose these frauds. James Tracy, the blog owner, a case in point. Fired for exposing Sandy Hookers.

Ronin Truth
06-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Islamic US citizen or immigrant?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 03:26 PM
You know, I questioned that a bit too. I'm trying my best not to stereotype here. But this was a club frequented by young gay people. They probably were not aggressive by nature and at that age have been indoctrinated to believe they should hide and wait for the cops to come save them.

You do know that not all gay men are effeminate and some have even served combat tours in, well, every war America has been in?

susano
06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
You know, I questioned that a bit too. I'm trying my best not to stereotype here. But this was a club frequented by young gay people. They probably were not aggressive by nature and at that age have been indoctrinated to believe they should hide and wait for the cops to come save them.

Everyone has a survival instinct and their are lots of gay men who buffed out he-men types.

dannno
06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
But he was born in the USA. New York.

Nobody remembers where they are born..

euphemia
06-12-2016, 03:29 PM

I'm not playing it. It is a tragedy for the victims and their families. A lot of people were hurt and killed. It is a great loss. We have been out of town most of the week. What a way to reopen the news cycle.

You do know that not all gay men are effeminate and some have even served combat tours in, well, every war America has been in?

Of course I do. I have nothing against gay men, it's none of my business.

If you look at the crowd in pictures, they do not appear to be hardened combat veterans.

Zippyjuan
Islamic US citizen or immigrant?

Shooter was born in New York and moved to Florida.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Nobody remembers where they are born..

You don't remember where you were born?

Ender
06-12-2016, 03:31 PM

Yep.

Knew a few gays in my martial arts training- they were nothing like what many think gays are like- totally mean and masculine in battle.

susano
06-12-2016, 03:32 PM
The only good news is that more and more regular people are waking up. I was just on youtube reading the comments sections, and even on "mainstream" channels like ABC, AP, etc, you can see in the comments that lots of people are not buying it, and are openly expressing that.

This one, in particular, promotes 3 of their big agendas. Fear of Radical Islam, LGBT, and of course the biggest one, the anti-2A agenda. A 3-for-one, how very convenient. :rolleyes:

Good to hear! I get overwhelmed every time they pull one of these and can't keep up, nor I do I have the time.

I guess it should have been a "people of color" gay club and they could have ticked another box.

Isn't it scary how most people just believe whatever the news says? No "prove it" default setting. I'm relieved you saw those types of comments.

TheTexan
06-12-2016, 03:33 PM

It looks like all the brave Officers are OK. Surely, it was due to the Miracle and Grace of God and their extensive training, that they made it out alive.

https://photos.smugmug.com/News/2012/May-2012/i-xBRNBhv/0/M/LawEnforcementMemorial002-M.jpg

jonhowe
06-12-2016, 03:33 PM

Actually, shots were fired outside of the club first. An off duty cop acting as a security guard and two on-duty officers fired at the shooter chasing him into the club.

It then took SWAT over three hours to get their $#@! together before they entered. Heroes, every last one of them.

That changes nothing from my post. The standoff with the swat team came HOURS after many shots were fired, deliberately and at close range, by the alleged perpetrator.

06-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Everyone has a survival instinct and their are lots of gay men who buffed out he-men types.

I don't believe this was that type of gay bar. It looked mostly like skinny kids in their early 20's.

I have nothing against gays. I'm not offended at all by them and don't dislike them. I really don't care honestly. I'm just trying to explain how this could happen. These kids probably came up in a public school system where they were taught to hide from shooters, not stop them.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:35 PM

It then took SWAT over three hours to get their $#@! together before they entered. Heroes, every last one of them.

I had missed the part about shooting starting outside and him then running inside. That is important. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sunday, 2:02 a.m. ET: Shooting erupts at Pulse, a gay nightclub in the heart of Orlando, as some 320 people enjoy the club's "Latin flavor" event.

An officer working extra duty in full uniform at the club responds.

He and two officers nearby open fire on the shooter, and a gun battle ensues.

The shooter goes inside the club, where a hostage situation develops.

Some 100 officers from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Orlando Police Department respond to the chaotic scene.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-shooting-timeline/

Another source describes him as going BACK inside after the incident with the two cops.

http://interactives.ap.org/2016/orlando-shooting/map/images/map2.png

http://www.stltoday.com/online/map-the-scene-at-pulse-nightclub/html_edf2714d-20d1-575a-8f1e-20bc19cf8fee.html

06-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Good to hear! I get overwhelmed every time they pull one of these and can't keep up, nor I do I have the time.

I guess it should have been a "people of color" gay club and they could have ticked another box.

Isn't it scary how most people just believe whatever the news says? No "prove it" default setting. I'm relieved you saw those types of comments.

It was apparently "latin night"

TheTexan
06-12-2016, 03:38 PM

Well, whatever or however they're doing it's working very well. There weren't any Officers killed (or even injured I believe) at the biker Waco shootout either.

Truly - a miracle.

Ronin Truth
06-12-2016, 03:43 PM
So I guess probably none of the victims or bystanders were armed.

Is Florida a CC state?

I know it has "Stand Your Ground".

susano
06-12-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm not playing it. It is a tragedy for the victims and their families. A lot of people were hurt and killed. It is a great loss. We have been out of town most of the week. What a way to reopen the news cycle.

How do you know that?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 03:44 PM
That changes nothing from my post. The standoff with the swat team came HOURS after many shots were fired, deliberately and at close range, by the alleged perpetrator.

So the shootings continued over the 3 hrs. and the cops just stood around and listened to it while it was going on? I dunno. I honestly haven't read many victims accounts. Have read one in which those inside were trying to get out and told by someone on the other side of the door to stay in. I suppose more info will be forthcoming as some of the victims stabilize.

TheTexan
06-12-2016, 03:44 PM
How do you know that?

Good point, this may be completely faked, like the moon landing

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 03:46 PM
So I guess probably none of the victims or bystanders were armed.

Is Florida a CC state?

I know it has "Stand Your Ground".

As AF has pointed out, you cannot CC in an establishment that serves alcohol in FL.

susano
06-12-2016, 03:47 PM
My suggestion is that people start from the standpoint of "prove it". Because the news says, isn't proof. Dig deep.

Who owns the bar?

dannno
06-12-2016, 03:48 PM
You don't remember where you were born?

Not personally, I know what I was told when I got older and I know what that piece of paper says with my name on it.

susano
06-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Good point, this may be completely faked, like the moon landing

Or

Virginia Tech
Sandy Hook
San Bernardino
both Paris events
Brussels airport
South Carolina church
Santa Barbara drama
The reporter and camera man wherever that was

Too many to count.

kcchiefs6465
06-12-2016, 03:51 PM
As AF has pointed out, you cannot CC in an establishment that serves alcohol in FL.
Can you CC in any state in any establishment that serves alcohol?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 03:54 PM

In bars Tennessee, Arizona, Georgia and Virginia allow it. 18 other states allow it if it is primarily a restaurant which happens to serves alcohol.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 03:57 PM
My suggestion is that people start from the standpoint of "prove it". Because the news says, isn't proof. Dig deep.

Who owns the bar?

Do you think it is the CIA?

http://www.people.com/article/pulse-night-club-in-memory-of-owners-brother

In 1991, Barbara Poma's older brother John died after battling AIDS. In 2004, Poma and her friend Ron Legler founded Pulse Orlando in memory of John. For Poma and many others, Pulse is described as "more than 'just another gay club.' "

According to police, a shooter opened fire just after 2 a.m. local time on Sunday at Pulse, a popular gay club south of downtown Orlando. An officer working at the club initially responded to the shooter, "engaging in the gun battle with the suspect" before the suspect went back into the club, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said at a Sunday morning news conference. Authorities say that at least 50 people have been killed and at least 53 are injured, making it the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history.

But the club, which became a tragic scene, was founded as a place of "acceptance and love."

"Being raised in a strict Italian family, being gay was frowned upon," Poma says on the Pulse Orlando website says. "However, when John came out to his family and friends, the family dynamic transitioned from a culture of strict tradition to one of acceptance and love."

The name "Pulse" is derived from the idea of John's heartbeat "reverberating throughout the club." As a memoriam to her brother and safe space, the venue also served as the location for community events in support of the LGBT community, according to its website. The event on the night of the attacks was "Latin Night," according to the club's Facebook page. Hours after the club opened on Saturday night, the page updated its status to read, "Everyone get out of pulse and keep running."

"It was important to create an atmosphere that embraced the gay lifestyle with décor that would make John proud," the website says. "Most importantly, (we) coined the name Pulse for John's heartbeat – as a club that is John's inspiration, where he is kept alive in the eyes of his friends and family."

donnay
06-12-2016, 04:00 PM

How about the owner, or bartenders they didn't have a gun?

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Why do I keep seeing that the guard at the door had a gun battle with the guy with the AR-15, who then went BACK into the club?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Obviously not. And so they paid the price for it. It makes no sense to me. The one time you need it and do not have it will be the last.

Ronin Truth
06-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Seems unlikely.

Ronin Truth
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Not personally, I know what I was told when I got older and I know what that piece of paper says with my name on it.

Wasn't there a birth announcement for you in the newspaper?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Why do I keep seeing that the guard at the door had a gun battle with the guy with the AR-15, who then went BACK into the club?

Because that is what is being reported as the timeline of events. And many of the timelines do not report that he went BACK into the club. Rather that after exchanging gunfire he went into the club. Of course those heroes in blue didn't follow him into the building thus shattering the Myth of Police Protection.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?228509-The-Myth-of-Police-Protection&p=2513679#post2513679

RJB
06-12-2016, 04:16 PM

Did it happen during one of your blackouts?

(Doors reference :) )

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Because that is what is being reported as the timeline of events. And many of the timelines do not report that he went BACK into the club. Rather that after exchanging gunfire he went into the club. Of course those heroes in blue didn't follow him into the building thus shattering the Myth of Police Protection.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?228509-The-Myth-of-Police-Protection&p=2513679#post2513679

But I have seen several that do, including , I think, at least one eyewitness account. Is that an ISIS MO, going in to scope the place and then going out to the parking lot to get the weapon and vest? Because it sounds more like the method of someone who has a specific target in mind, or who had no intention of doing the attack until someone inside pissed him off.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:22 PM
But I have seen several that do, including , I think, at least one eyewitness account. Is that an ISIS MO, going in to scope the place and then going out to the parking lot to get the weapon and vest? Because it sounds more like the method of someone who has a specific target in mind, or who had no intention of doing the attack until someone inside pissed him off.

Possibly, I hadn't heard about this aspect. Thanks.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 04:28 PM
In bars Tennessee, Arizona, Georgia and Virginia allow it. 18 other states allow it if it is primarily a restaurant which happens to serves alcohol.

http://citrusccw.com/sign-upcontact-us/faqs/

Where can I carry a concealed weapon?

You can carry a concealed weapon almost anywhere. Here are places you cannot carry a concealed firearm in Florida:

Government buildings (post office, schools, courtrooms, etc)
Bars (or establishments that sell mostly alcohol)

You are allowed to carry in most other places – even banks!

kcchiefs6465
06-12-2016, 04:29 PM
In Arizona you cannot CC in bars. Restaurants, yes.

Not that it matters when it comes to self-defense. Fuck 'em.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:35 PM
In Arizona you cannot CC in bars. Restaurants, yes.

Not that it matters when it comes to self-defense. Fuck 'em.

Ah, I either had my information wrong, or laws constantly change. There is not a bigger pain in the ass than trying to comply with firearm statutes.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:35 PM
http://citrusccw.com/sign-upcontact-us/faqs/

Yes, as AF and I both have pointed out.

susano
06-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Do you think it is the CIA?

http://www.people.com/article/pulse-night-club-in-memory-of-owners-brother

No. I didn't say anything about the CIA.

A Google search of Ron Legler and Barbara Pomo only turns up your article (my search, anyway - Google produces different results for different IPs):

Is the Birth Rate Properly a Political Question? - The Atlantic
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/.../265960/
The Atlantic
Dec 6, 2012 - Matt Frost: Then let's come up with a pomo virtue: failure to choose the good thing which once was compelled .... Barbara Poma opened Pulse on Orange Avenue in Orlando with her friend and co-founder Ron Legler in 2004.

A search on Ron Legler (I just read read one link) shows he moved to Baltimore and has a long history in theater (Florida and Baltimore). Theater and acting links are something often present in these staged drama. Could be a couple of reasons for that: a community who is most likely very liberal and anti 2nd/want and it virtually repealed; a community of people who know how act and fake things.

I'll look a little further.

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Lol, conniption fits being thrown in actor land!

The cast of the Broadway show "Hamilton" will be performing without their prop muskets at Sunday night's Tony Awards, following the mass shooting in Orlando that was the worst in American history.

After the tragedy that claimed the lives of dozens of people at a Florida nightclub, the awards show dedicated Sunday night's ceremony to the families and friends of those affected by the shooting.

http://twitter.com/TheTonyAwards/status/742034919883452416/photo/1

"Our hearts are heavy for the unimaginable tragedy that happened last night in Orlando," the awards show wrote on their official website.

CBS News cited a spokesman from the show, who said that the cast of "Hamilton" would not be using their fake weapons for their performance.

"The cast will instead pantomime during its performance of 'Yorktown (World Turned Upside Down),' which recreates the Battle of Yorktown," CNN reported.

http://krcgtv.com/news/entertainment/cast-of-hamilton-to-perform-without-muskets-at-the-tony-awards

Ranger29860
06-12-2016, 04:53 PM
So the shootings continued over the 3 hrs. and the cops just stood around and listened to it while it was going on? I dunno. I honestly haven't read many victims accounts. Have read one in which those inside were trying to get out and told by someone on the other side of the door to stay in. I suppose more info will be forthcoming as some of the victims stabilize.

I will see if i can dig it up but there is a really haunting interview that got out early this morning with a person that barricaded the door in question. He and about 20 other people were bottle necked into the back patio and barricaded the door to prevent the shooter ( or so they thought) from getting to them. He recounts how he heard a person or persons banging on the door and hoped to god he did not trap people behind them. So that may be where that story is originating from.

Heads up I live in Orlando and work right down the street from where this happened and it has been a very surreal day still waiting to find out if anyone I know has been identified since I have a lot of very nice customers who are LGBT who come in at night. I also get a lot of local law enforcement and I can tell you first hand that Orlando PD is one of the most professional organizations, police wise I have dealt with (not saying perfect mind you). I also can understand why it took so long to go in since SWAT teams generally are not trained to barge in. They have to pull blueprints and get as much Intel as humanly possible before entering not to mention initial reports this morning ( 3 AM) was that he may have had some sort of device on him. So if that was the Intel they were working with then it would not serve anyone to rush in there to not only set off a potential bomb on the already dying or hostages and kill SWAT.

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 04:57 PM
This may be relevant here also:

Trump calls for Obama to resign after Orlando shooting (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496580-Trump-calls-for-Obama-to-resign-after-Orlando-shooting&)

Texas Governor Faces Backlash for Bible Verse Tweet After Attack at Orlando Gay Club (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496581-Texas-Governor-Faces-Backlash-for-Bible-Verse-Tweet-After-Attack-at-Orlando-Gay-Club&)

http://i1.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/tweet_patrick.jpeg?resize=740%2C544

Anti Federalist
06-12-2016, 05:00 PM

You can CC damn near every place in NH, up until a couple of years ago, even in the State House.

The only other restricted places are FedCoat buildings and property, post offices and so on.

fcreature
06-12-2016, 05:02 PM
I will see if i can dig it up but there is a really haunting interview that got out early this morning with a person that barricaded the door in question. He and about 20 other people were bottle necked into the back patio and barricaded the door to prevent the shooter ( or so they thought) from getting to them. He recounts how he heard a person or persons banging on the door and hoped to god he did not trap people behind them. So that may be where that story is originating from.

Yea I saw that guy being interviewed this morning too. Now that's a terrible position to be put in.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 05:05 PM
No. I didn't say anything about the CIA.

A Google search of Ron Legler and Barbara Pomo only turns up your article (my search, anyway - Google produces different results for different IPs):

Is the Birth Rate Properly a Political Question? - The Atlantic
www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/.../265960/
The Atlantic
Dec 6, 2012 - Matt Frost: Then let's come up with a pomo virtue: failure to choose the good thing which once was compelled .... Barbara Poma opened Pulse on Orange Avenue in Orlando with her friend and co-founder Ron Legler in 2004.

A search on Ron Legler (I just read read one link) shows he moved to Baltimore and has a long history in theater (Florida and Baltimore). Theater and acting links are something often present in these staged drama. Could be a couple of reasons for that: a community who is most likely very liberal and anti 2nd/want and it virtually repealed; a community of people who know how act and fake things.

I'll look a little further.

I thought theater people tend to be liberals- not Conservatives working for the Police State. Especially opening a gay club and waiting for 25 years to do anything. That is some DEEP undercover!

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 05:24 PM

Used to be able to Open Carry.

Different establishments had their own rules. ie,
One establishment asked me not to carry.
two others ,,the bartender held my gun,, till I leave.
some Open Cary was welcome,, Owner shows me where house guns are kept.

it was a better time.

susano
06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
I thought theater people tend to be liberals- not Conservatives working for the Police State. Especially opening a gay club and waiting for 25 years to do anything. That is some DEEP undercover!

What did I just write?

a community who is most likely very liberal and anti 2nd/want and it virtually repealed

How long someone or their business exists before taking part in a fraud is irrelevant.

This staged drama actually fits the Zionist agenda perfectly. Pushing the LGBTQ agenda (Tel Aviv is the number one gay mecca - Tel Aviv has been named the world's number one gay city - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2088319/Tel-Aviv-trumps-New-York-named-worlds-best-gay-city.html); disarming Americans; creating the pretext for a bigger Zionazi police state; throwing in Islamic terror. The agenda works for anti American neocon 'conservatives' but it's mainly a far left agenda, of course. The left loves a totalitarian police state. It was the Sandy Hookers all demanded only police and military have weapons and they're all a bunch of leftists and many Jews.

Suzanimal
06-12-2016, 05:31 PM

"The cast will instead pantomime during its performance of 'Yorktown (World Turned Upside Down),' which recreates the Battle of Yorktown," CNN reported.

http://krcgtv.com/news/entertainment/cast-of-hamilton-to-perform-without-muskets-at-the-tony-awards

We all grieve differently but that's downright bizarre.

Ranger29860
06-12-2016, 05:35 PM
What did I just write?

a community who is most likely very liberal and anti 2nd/want and it virtually repealed

How long someone or their business exists before taking part in a fraud is irrelevant.

This staged drama actually fits the Zionist agenda perfectly. Pushing the LGBTQ agenda (Tel Aviv is the number one gay mecca - Tel Aviv has been named the world's number one gay city - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2088319/Tel-Aviv-trumps-New-York-named-worlds-best-gay-city.html); disarming Americans; creating the pretext for a bigger Zionazi police state; throwing in Islamic terror. The agenda works for anti American neocon 'conservatives' but it's mainly a far left agenda, of course. The left loves a totalitarian police state. It was the Sandy Hookers all demanded only police and military have weapons and they're all a bunch of leftists and many Jews.

Man i really have just been reading these forums the last few years off and on. But I love that it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to figure out why I stopped posting here.

So I got to ask what in the world makes you think this is a staged drama? Its a gay club in a very high population of LGBT city , there is a significant population of Muslim's in this city and this guy is a certified nut job religious fanatic. So how would this have to be staged?

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Did not say only..

It's not reported how many were killed by whom, let's wait till investigations are completed and all the facts come out.

"Police Chief John Mina said the tragedy began at 2:02 a.m., when three police officers engaged the suspect in a gun battle outside the club. A hostage situation then took place inside, and a SWAT team was called in, Mina said. Police received updates from patrons trapped in the club, and decided to storm the club at about 5 a.m.

"Our biggest concern was further loss of life," Mina said. "We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene."
One officer was also injured, 103 civilians shot and 30 rescued from the club. Many of the injured were transferred to Orlando Regional Medical Center, which was placed on lockdown.
Mina said 11 Orlando Police officers exchanged gunfire with Mateen and have since been relieved of duty. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is conducting an independent investigation over the shots fired by police officers. The names of the police officers who have been relieved of duty will be released over the next few days.

The shooter has been identified by Congressman Alan Grayson as Omar Mateen, 29, from Port St. Lucie."

http://www.bizpacreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Mateen-NYPD.jpg

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Trump spin:

4:31 p.m. -- Donald Trump has released a statement: Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/mass-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub-police-say-apprximately-20-dead-and-42-injured/240845418

Sounding like GW Bush. That guy who invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

susano
06-12-2016, 05:47 PM

Expect more dumbass celebrities to weigh in and even make videos like the "Enough" one they did for Sandy Hook.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 05:48 PM
Are "Sandy Hookers" blonde streetwalkers?

susano
06-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Trump spin:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/mass-shooting-at-orlando-nightclub-police-say-apprximately-20-dead-and-42-injured/240845418

What part is spin? He's a sucker who believes this this drama was is true. In this script, it's an Islamic extremist who swore allegiance to ISIS who is the villain and it is also the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11. What do you expect him to say, being a sucker an' all?

susano
06-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Man i really have just been reading these forums the last few years off and on. But I love that it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to figure out why I stopped posting here.

So I got to ask what in the world makes you think this is a staged drama? Its a gay club in a very high population of LGBT city , there is a significant population of Muslim's in this city and this guy is a certified nut job religious fanatic. So how would this have to be staged?

Where is your proof that it's true?

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Trump spin:

had already predicted.

"radical Islamist",, nope American boy raised with the Muslim faith. not particularly religious.

and he did not kill 50..

He may have killed some. not 50.

How many did police bullets hit?

when three police officers engaged the suspect in a gun battle outside the club.
where did their bullets go?

I think most were killed in the rescue.

susano
06-12-2016, 05:56 PM
It's not reported how many were killed by whom, let's wait till investigations are completed and all the facts come out.

"Police Chief John Mina said the tragedy began at 2:02 a.m., when three police officers engaged the suspect in a gun battle outside the club. A hostage situation then took place inside, and a SWAT team was called in, Mina said. Police received updates from patrons trapped in the club, and decided to storm the club at about 5 a.m.

"Our biggest concern was further loss of life," Mina said. "We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene."
One officer was also injured, 103 civilians shot and 30 rescued from the club. Many of the injured were transferred to Orlando Regional Medical Center, which was placed on lockdown.
Mina said 11 Orlando Police officers exchanged gunfire with Mateen and have since been relieved of duty. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is conducting an independent investigation over the shots fired by police officers. The names of the police officers who have been relieved of duty will be released over the next few days.

The shooter has been identified by Congressman Alan Grayson as Omar Mateen, 29, from Port St. Lucie."

Now why in the heck would a bunch of cops, who thought they were doing their jobs by firing at some madman, be suspended?

susano
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
had already predicted.

"radical Islamist",, nope American boy raised with the Muslim faith. not particularly religious.

Maybe but Trump believes the WHOLE story which includes the part where the villain character swears his allegiance to ISIS.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Officers involved in any shooting are usually temporarily suspended automatically after discharging their weapons as policy while things are investigated. Then they go back to work.

Sheriff Demings said that 3 officers discharged their weapons and have been temporarily relieved of duty as FDLE investigates these officer involved shootings.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Then they go back to work.

that is a problem. :(

acptulsa
06-12-2016, 06:08 PM

I thought you knew better than to think all the facts could possibly come out with no one digging them out.

Now why in the heck would a bunch of cops, who thought they were doing their jobs by firing at some madman, be suspended?

Are you seriously saying you don't know it's S.O.P. to assign every cop who shoots someone to a desk or give them a paid vacation until the internal investigation is done?

Maybe but Trump believes the WHOLE story which includes the part where the villain character swears his allegiance to ISIS.

Where did you get proof of that tidbit, which was an alleged 911 call? And who has said that he was put up to it by ISIS, as opposed to what was said, namely that he did nothing more than 'pledge allegiance to' it?

susano
06-12-2016, 06:11 PM

BTW, couple of other things:

I rarely post here so please don't let my post bother you.

Isn't it weird how Brian Williams was saying that this club was one of the few safe spaces for gays in a city that's so full of them? Why would he lie about something so obviously not true? You'd think he was pushing an agenda or something.

lol

Ender
06-12-2016, 06:11 PM

And the plot thickens.......

06-12-2016, 06:17 PM

It's SOP for cops to be relieved of duty after a shooting. They get a desk job until it is cleared.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 06:18 PM

the question remains.

How many were shot by cops?

susano
06-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Are you seriously saying you don't know it's S.O.P. to assign every cop who shoots someone to a desk or give them a paid vacation until the internal investigation is done?

Can you prove that EVERY cop (as you say) who shoots someone is always suspended? I have heard of cops being suspended but wasn't aware it's always the protocol in every instance of a cop shooting or shooting at someone.

Did all of these cops shoot someone or did they just shoot in the direction of the alleged ISIS terrorist or what?

susano
06-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Are "Sandy Hookers" blonde streetwalkers?

Not for the sake of this conversation. For others, they could be or could be hookers who work the beach :)

06-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Trump spin:

In all fairness, he should have went into Afghanistan. It was justified. We shouldn't still be there. Iraq was the mistake W won't ever live down.

Trump would be several magnitudes worse than W was.

the question remains.

I'm sure it will come out eventually that the cops hit some people in the crossfire. I think the shooter killed almost all of them.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm sure it will come out eventually that the cops hit some people in the crossfire. I think the shooter killed almost all of them.

I doubt the same..

not even sure if he wasn't hired (or suckered) for some staged event,, and was either set up,, or it went sideways.

the very definition of FUBAR.

Police response was as expected these days. (piss poor,,and violent beyond necessity) :(

enhanced_deficit
06-12-2016, 06:34 PM
the question remains.

If all those involved in the shooting ,including the alleged suspect in these photos, were cops in one capacity or another, then you must not raise this kind of question as it may confuse folks.

susano
06-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Alan Greyson is all over this. Saying it's homophobia. The guy who founded the club, Legler, donated to Greyson in 2010.

pcosmar
06-12-2016, 06:37 PM
then you must not raise this kind of question as it may confuse folks.

you can lead sheep to knowledge,, but you can't make them think.