12-08-2007, 01:20 AM
If you really want to do something about Ron Paul actually
making an impact offline, you should get rid of the whole
You-Tube video-concept.

The reality is that nearly everyone who knows what Youtube
is, also knows about Ron Paul. Unfortunately, this isn't relevant
at all outside the Internet. Even if there are 20,000,000
Americans viewing You-Tube videos on a regular basis, there
are still about 200,000,000 who don't do this.

So forget about spamming You-Tube with unnecessary Videos
unless it's an important topic - for a fundraiser, for example.

Even if we live in the so called "Internet Age", the other Media
is still leading to gain name recognition, and from I see, that's
exactly what has to be done.

Heck, the Columbia District doesn't even get 300 lousy signatures
to get Paul's name on the Ballot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=554461#post554461).

Huckabee is praised by the media as a new Frontrunner - thanks
to his success in the polls. We all know how much Internet-
support he has, don't we?

Giuliani's poll-results are mind-blowing - and he has no Internet-
Grassroots whatsoever. I wonder if there is any Grassroots-
Movement at all.

Obama isn't able to raise lousy $5000 dollar online on his Grassroots
peoples money-bomb day.

All the above examples don't have thousands of You-Tube Videos
and Internet support - and doing pretty well nevertheless.

So how is that? :

http://250kb.de/u/071208/j/29643d35.jpg

It's time to get off-line and get Ron's name and message out - and
the best way to do that in America is to advertise in local News-Papers
and on national Television - since the US-Media isn't obligated to give
the same time to every candidates ads.

And a start would be to promote the Tea-Party event - offline and in
the offline-media. If it's not too late yet to do so.

Otherwise we can be proud that the Internet knew who Ron Paul
was - but the offline-world will wonder about "Ron what?".

Oliver
12-08-2007, 01:23 AM
And I'm sorry to point it out: "Yeah, I remember that awesome
blimp - which companies ad was that again?".

Scott Wilson
12-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Excellent message.

ronpaulfan
12-08-2007, 01:25 AM
I disagree 110% with the OP

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48947

Revolutn
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
mmmmm

It's a message worth hearing and being reminded of IF the ONLY thing we were all doing WAS posting videos.

The reality is we ARE doing much more.

At this point we're mostly using YouTube as the recorder of history to document those things that are being done AND what the MSM is saying ABOUT the street actions / real world activities.

At least...that's my perception of it.

Rev

rpfreedom08
12-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Well to a degree I have to agree! That’s why my meetup group goes out on Saturdays (when we can) to pass out slim jims. Pounding the pavement is very important and should never be over looked.

DirtMcGirt
12-08-2007, 01:33 AM
You tube is the last area where free speech is at it's most pure....I love you tube!!!!

ronpaulfan
12-08-2007, 01:38 AM
You tube is the last area where free speech is at it's most pure....I love you tube!!!!

You'd be surprised. I've seen YouTube quietly kill so many accounts it is ridiculous (perfect example, the AOLExposed account). Granted, it's better than anything else available right now (at least they try damn hard to avoid the embarrassment of getting caught)

Delain
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
[...]

So why are you posting this? Shouldnt you be doing off-line stuff? :rolleyes:

I dont think a rant like that will do any good. Ron Paul has to do without the backing of the MSM but thanks to a lot of dedicated online supporters he has at least a massive presence on the internet. That deserves at least some acknowledgement.

Besides, you dont know what the same people do when they are offline.

And the point that a campaign cant be won from behind a pc. I think everyone is pretty much aware of that.

Revolutn
12-08-2007, 01:40 AM
You'd be surprised. I've seen YouTube quietly kill so many accounts it is ridiculous (perfect example, the AOLExposed account). Granted, it's better than anything else available right now (at least they try damn hard to avoid the embarrassment of getting caught)

Here, Here.

I got axed for fraudulent reasons a few months ago too.

YouTube isn't really a free speech paradise....it's just a fairly decent place with a lot of traffic which we can use as a vessel or vehicle to share.

Oliver
12-08-2007, 02:20 AM
I disagree 110% with the OP

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48947

You might have noticed that Giuliani, Romney, Obama have no
relevant internet-support whatsoever. Guess what - it doesn't
matter for them. They swim in money. Care to explain?

Oliver
12-08-2007, 02:25 AM
So why are you posting this? Shouldnt you be doing off-line stuff? :rolleyes:

I dont think a rant like that will do any good. Ron Paul has to do without the backing of the MSM but thanks to a lot of dedicated online supporters he has at least a massive presence on the internet. That deserves at least some acknowledgement.

Besides, you dont know what the same people do when they are offline.

And the point that a campaign cant be won from behind a pc. I think everyone is pretty much aware of that.

I should, but all my German Neighbors don't really care about
Ron Paul - or to be more precisely: America as a whole. There's
not much I can do "off-line".

Anyway - I wasn't ranting, it's just a reminder about what other
Candidates archived in the Poll's without any influence of the
Internet.

Zack
12-08-2007, 03:24 AM
This is incorrect. I have about 1800 subscribers on youtube, from making non-ron paul related videos over the last couple years, and I interact with many of them (and others) regularly. Over those years, I've watched about 15,000 videos and follow many communities within the site. I am keenly aware of what youtubers know and talk about in chatrooms and PM's to each other.

Most people on YouTube probably DO know that there is a person named Ron Paul, but not much more than that. Most know VERY VERY little (basically nothing) about him. And I'm talking about the people who FREQUENT the site. MOST people who visit YouTube, do it only sporadically. Let's hope there are some Ron Paul vids on the most viewed list when they visit.

Benaiah
12-08-2007, 03:58 AM
I disagree with the OP 120%

I discovered Paul the first week of October. How? I went to YouTube to see who had the most subscribers out of all the presidential candidates. I was like "ummm why does this no name guy have so many subscribers" so I started investigating.

Most people on YouTube probably DO know that there is a person named Ron Paul, but not much more than that. Most know VERY VERY little (basically nothing) about him. And I'm talking about the people who FREQUENT the site. MOST people who visit YouTube, do it only sporadically. Let's hope there are some Ron Paul vids on the most viewed list when they visit.

I agree.

Just last week a guy name sXePhil (he has 47,000 subscribers) finally discovered Ron Paul and made a video about him. Even YouTube addicts like him take a long time to come around.

Look at this poll:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33410&highlight=how+hear

terryhamel
12-08-2007, 11:13 AM
There are Ron Paul supporters who are not online. If you are involved in RP banner brigades or RP sign waving, please make a sign that reads "DONATE DEC 16" and show it now through Dec 16. RP needs their contributions too.

StrikerV
12-08-2007, 11:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKCe-X0NfyI

DEC 16TH MONEY BOMB BABY DBZ STYLE

LOL AT OP ;)

thehittgirl
12-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I grabbed a bunch of YouTube clips and made a DVD. I only just started passing them out, but I know one family I gave one too was shocked about the war and convinced that is was a fraud.

So I'd have to somewhat disagree. YouTube is VERY useful.

walt
12-08-2007, 11:25 AM
I disagree with the OP 120%

I discovered Paul the first week of October. How? I went to YouTube to see who had the most subscribers out of all the presidential candidates. I was like "ummm why does this no name guy have so many subscribers" so I started investigating.

I agree.

Just last week a guy name sXePhil (he has 47,000 subscribers) finally discovered Ron Paul and made a video about him. Even YouTube addicts like him take a long time to come around.

Look at this poll:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33410&highlight=how+hear

Great but his message is dead on, we've reached the point of dimishing returns of Youtube, digg, etc - the focus must be offline.

Birdlady
12-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I would have to say the reason why those other candidates are raising money but have no online support is because they have no REAL support. Have you checked the FEC filings of Hillary and Rudy? It's all defense contractors, lawyers, etc. Their money isn't real people like you and I. It is the people they plan to pay off when/ if they get into the White House. They are handing them money now to get the no bid contracts later. "Ill scratch your back if you scratch mine" kind of thing.

Ron Paul does not have the support of the lawyers, defense contractors and corrupt people in DC and NYC. That's why his offline doesn't look as good. Who do you think sponsors the polls, the TV segments, and newspapers? Not Americans like you and I. It's those contractors, laywers, bankers etc.

Ron Paul is a freak of nature (thank goodness hehe). This presidential run is making history. For most of the neo-cons Ron Paul is a no name. They can't even understand what is happening because --wait for this-- it's real. This is the first presidential election where someone is a real candidate. You can't compare the others to Ron Paul. Ron Paul will now set the bar for elections to come not the other way around.

Edit: Do we need to do more offline? Sure. But don't make a post scolding everyone here. After all we found each other online and this forum has come up with some of the best offline ideas yet!

hambone1982
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
This was a silly thread.

dude58677
12-08-2007, 11:55 AM
If you really want to do something about Ron Paul actually
making an impact offline, you should get rid of the whole
You-Tube video-concept.

The reality is that nearly everyone who knows what Youtube
is, also knows about Ron Paul. Unfortunately, this isn't relevant
at all outside the Internet. Even if there are 20,000,000
Americans viewing You-Tube videos on a regular basis, there
are still about 200,000,000 who don't do this.

So forget about spamming You-Tube with unnecessary Videos
unless it's an important topic - for a fundraiser, for example.

Even if we live in the so called "Internet Age", the other Media
is still leading to gain name recognition, and from I see, that's
exactly what has to be done.

Heck, the Columbia District doesn't even get 300 lousy signatures
to get Paul's name on the Ballot (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=554461#post554461).

Huckabee is praised by the media as a new Frontrunner - thanks
to his success in the polls. We all know how much Internet-
support he has, don't we?

Giuliani's poll-results are mind-blowing - and he has no Internet-
Grassroots whatsoever. I wonder if there is any Grassroots-
Movement at all.

Obama isn't able to raise lousy $5000 dollar online on his Grassroots
peoples money-bomb day.

All the above examples don't have thousands of You-Tube Videos
and Internet support - and doing pretty well nevertheless.

So how is that? :

http://250kb.de/u/071208/j/29643d35.jpg

It's time to get off-line and get Ron's name and message out - and
the best way to do that in America is to advertise in local News-Papers
and on national Television - since the US-Media isn't obligated to give
the same time to every candidates ads.

And a start would be to promote the Tea-Party event - offline and in
the offline-media. If it's not too late yet to do so.

Otherwise we can be proud that the Internet knew who Ron Paul
was - but the offline-world will wonder about "Ron what?".

We have taken our campaign from the internet to the air. In the world of politics, it is the invention of the forward pass. When Knute Rockne first used the forward pass, the opposing team questioned if it was legal.

osofaux
12-08-2007, 11:55 AM
This was a silly thread.

I agree 130%.

Oliver
12-09-2007, 06:29 AM
This was a silly thread.

I agree 130%.

Care to explain how this isn't an issue at all in sight of the
other "Frontrunners" success without using the internet
that much?

LBT
12-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Youtube is an incredibly powerful grass roots tool. It is central to communication, promotion, historical tracking and recruiting.

Without youtube the November 5th campaign would never have happened. The video by Jamsie567 prompted Trevor Lyman to start up a pledge website.

It is an amazing catalytic device. To say F%$# it is proof of extreme naivety or a suspect agenda.

Oliver's previous post was using a photo of an apparently handicapped child and asking if it was really Ron Paul. The source was clearly a joke.

The way Oliver responded in that thread gave me the feeling his whole character is an act.

We don't need people stirring up conflict deliberately. What is your story Oliver?

LBT
12-09-2007, 07:13 AM

(Edited)

I looked through some of Oliver's posts.

He does seem to do quite a bit of work producing graphics for the campaign. So he's one of the good guys :)

So the answer Oliver to the question above is that the Establishment politicials get almost all their money from insider corporations who are looking for favors.

The reason they poll well is basically MSM generated name recognition.

Huckabee is doing well (not due to God's interference) but because people are not getting behind the big name Candidates. Some insiders are trying to see if Huckabee can be the man that gains any kind of grassroots support.

But once under the spotlight, I think he will fall away too. He'll be picked to bits if he and Ron Paul have some one on one debates. He is very shallow.

Richie
12-09-2007, 07:24 AM
I disagree. I've used these YouTube videos to convert people. They're a wonderful tool to have.

Oliver
12-09-2007, 07:24 AM
I call shill ! Or just very ignorant. (If ignorant, please stop starting threads).

Anyone who is a regular here knows the answer to this.

I'm German and the whole elections in the US are one big smoke screen.
If everybody knows the answer to this, please enlighten us non-US-citizens
instead calling names, thanks in advance...

fuzzybekool
12-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I agree we need to do all we can out in the real world also, but YouTube is an important part of this movement. I found out about Ron Paul on YouTube when I accidently clicked on a video about the November 5th money bomb. I am 42 years old. So I am not a young'en.

If it wasn't for that video , I would still be supporting Obama. My eyes were opened that evening, and maybe it was fate. But fate can do many good things. So let's do all we can whether it be pounding the pavement, making videos, sending emails, writing letters, calling the hated MSM for fairer reporting, or holding a Ron Paul sign out in your neighborhood.

I would really love to see this video propelled to Number 1 in all of YouTube. It is a postive message professionally recorded Rap Song. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVrszyW9dPE

I will call radio stations Monday and find out how we can get this played on the air. It is politcal so I am trying to figure out how we can get it played as a paid political commercial.

Pride
12-09-2007, 07:33 AM
I agree that people should get off the internet and onto the streets.

Keyboard warriors are good, street warriors are better. :)

Oliver
12-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I agree we need to do all we can out in the real world also, but YouTube is an important part of this movement. I found out about Ron Paul on YouTube when I accidently clicked on a video about the November 5th money bomb. I am 42 years old. So I am not a young'en.

If it wasn't for that video , I would still be supporting Obama. My eyes were opened that evening, and maybe it was fate. But fate can do many good things. So let's do all we can whether it be pounding the pavement, making videos, sending emails, writing letters, calling the hated MSM for fairer reporting, or holding a Ron Paul sign out in your neighborhood.

I would really love to see this video propelled to Number 1 in all of YouTube. It is a postive message professionally recorded Rap Song. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVrszyW9dPE

I will call radio stations Monday and find out how we can get this played on the air. It is politcal so I am trying to figure out how we can get it played as a paid political commercial.

I appreciate that you found out about Ron via You-Tube - that's
a pretty positive experience a lot of people share - including me.
Do you agree that this kind of promotion on regular TV would
gain a lot more voters as well since there are thousands of
Ron Paul videos on youtube already? Isnt' it time to air those
fantastic ads on a broad basis on television as well?

Joe3113
12-09-2007, 07:49 AM
I found out about Ron Paul on YouTube when I accidently clicked on a video about the November 5th money bomb. I am 42 years old. So I am not a young'en.

If it wasn't for that video , I would still be supporting Obama. My eyes were opened that evening, and maybe it was fate.

Awesome story. Maybe you can help tell everyone how we can convert all the other Obama zombies. It's fairly obvious the majority of his support is based on his vote against the Iraq war. The reason for this is because he is the only mainstream media promoted candidate from either party that voted against the Iraq war. That obviously appeals to all the airhead, anti-war coz its cool, ignorant, American Idol watching, My-space obsessed, celebrity idolizing crowd. Perhaps we don't have enough time to educate these airheads about the concept of liberty and the importance of the constitution but maybe if we explain that Dr Paul not only voted against the war, but voted against funding the war, maybe they would respond to that.

Delain
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Awesome story. Maybe you can help tell everyone how we can convert all the other Obama zombies. It's fairly obvious the majority of his support is based on his vote against the Iraq war. The reason for this is because he is the only mainstream media promoted candidate from either party that voted against the Iraq war. That obviously appeals to all the airhead, anti-war coz its cool, ignorant, American Idol watching, My-space obsessed, celebrity idolizing crowd. Perhaps we don't have enough time to educate these airheads about the concept of liberty and the importance of the constitution but maybe if we explain that Dr Paul not only voted against the war, but voted against funding the war, maybe they would respond to that.

And if it is about the war in Iraq one can ask why Obama doesnt want the troops out immediately when he is supposedly so against the occupation, a majority of the Americans want out and last but not least the Iraqi's want the US out.

Or his double talk about Iran. If he's supposedly so pro-peace why so ambiguous and vague about possible military action? Let alone Obama was nowhere to be seen when there was an important vote on the issue.

Bleh! The hypocrite.

LBT
12-09-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm German and the whole elections in the US are one big smoke screen.
If everybody knows the answer to this, please enlighten us non-US-citizens
instead calling names, thanks in advance...
Sorry Oliver, I jumped to conclusions too quickly. I amended my post with an explanation shortly afterward.

Hope you'll forgive my paranoia :D

Oliver
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Sorry Oliver, I jumped to conclusions too quickly. I amended my post with an explanation shortly afterward.

Hope you'll forgive my paranoia :D

I thank you for your politenesses and frankness - even if I tend
to think that it wasn't paranoia but rather a typical American
reply based on throwing dirt towards an opposing opinion rather
than addressing the points being raised.

So I'm thankful for your honest reply.

What I don't understand -for example- is that Obama is able
to raise 79 million bucks "off-line" while his grassroots people
aren't able to even raise lousy 5000 bucks online. How is this
even possible?

Where can I review how much a company gave to a campaign?
The official Federal election commission doesn't provide this
kind of important informations...

http://www.fec.gov/

monotony
12-09-2007, 09:14 AM

This is where the goods are. (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.asp)

LBT
12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I thank you for your politenesses and frankness - even if I tend
to think that it wasn't paranoia but rather a typical American
reply based on throwing dirt towards an opposing opinion rather
than addressing the points being raised.

So I'm thankful for your honest reply.

What I don't understand -for example- is that Obama is able
to raise 79 million bucks "off-line" while his grassroots people
aren't able to even raise lousy 5000 bucks online. How is this
even possible?

I'm not sure where to find that data, but I have seen some charts showing where the candidates get their money from, and donators are supposed to list their place of work as I understand.

Almost all of the money to the main candidates comes from companies that are seeking good deals from the future presidents. Banking companies are prominant.

I'm not sure how they do it, but they get hundreds of their staff to each donate large amounts. Often the full $2,300. I'm not sure how they get that money to the staff to donate it. It is very suspicious. Maybe someone can enlighten us. But most these people who actually donate are not really passionate supporters, just people connected to the establishment.

As for the polling, most of this is because the big names get MUCH MUCH more media coverage. A lot of it is simply name recognition. Also, many of the polls do what they can to downplay the popularity of non-establishment campaigners.

Usually this is enough to stop non-establishment candidates from ever raising enough money or of getting enough name recognition. This Campaig shows that the dynamics are changing with grass roots being able to organize and promote through the internet.

btw: I am Australian:p

Oliver
12-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure where to find that data, but I have seen some charts showing where the candidates get their money from, and donators are supposed to list their place of work as I understand.

Almost all of the money to the main candidates comes from companies that are seeking good deals from the future presidents. Banking companies are prominant.

I'm not sure how they do it, but they get hundreds of their staff to each donate large amounts. Often the full $2,300. I'm not sure how they get that money to the staff to donate it. It is very suspicious. Maybe someone can enlighten us. But most these people who actually donate are not really passionate supporters, just people connected to the establishment.

As for the polling, most of this is because the big names get MUCH MUCH more media coverage. A lot of it is simply name recognition. Also, many of the polls do what they can to downplay the popularity of non-establishment campaigners.

Usually this is enough to stop non-establishment candidates from ever raising enough money or of getting enough name recognition. This Campaig shows that the dynamics are changing with grass roots being able to organize and promote through the internet.

btw: I am Australian:p

I don't know how it works in Australia, but here in Germany we don't
raise any money for any leader. We just vote for the Party itself - and
their political program.

And the media is obligated to give the same amount of Air-Time to
all political parties - so there is no way to ignore someone unless the
Media doesn't fear to get ridiculed by legal trials.

Maybe someone is able to explain the US-system to us - because
the discrepancy between off-line and on-line support doesn't make
any sense to me regarding the Obama-example I made in my last
post...

stevedasbach
12-09-2007, 09:56 AM

They get wall-to-wall coverage on TV -- Paul doesn't.

When Huckabee started receiving fawning media coverage, he started climbing in the polls -- which generated more fawning coverage.

Paul has to use every tool available to reach the voters in spite of the media. YouTube is one of those tools.

Oliver
12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
They get wall-to-wall coverage on TV -- Paul doesn't.

When Huckabee started receiving fawning media coverage, he started climbing in the polls -- which generated more fawning coverage.

Paul has to use every tool available to reach the voters in spite of the media. YouTube is one of those tools.

Well - but who decides in the Media about the coverage a presidential
Frontrunner gets?

Is this a money issue and Huckabee could buy airtime to get promoted
as being a Frontrunner - even if the polls wouldn't support this?

To me the whole "money rules in the elections"-system is quite stupid
in democratic terms. Money never should play a role IMHO.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
So this is the day of quite posting on digg, quite posting on you-tube, etc.

What a bunch of defeatist mis-advice.

bobmurph
12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
What we need now from youtube is something quick and hilarious that can go VIRAL!