PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigrant Brags About Getting Free Ride to UT

LibertyEagle
06-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Illegal Immigrant Brags About Getting Free Ride to UT

A student who is an illegal immigrant has received a great deal of pushback for bragging about getting an all tuition paid free ride to the University of Texas.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/06/08/illegal-immigrant-brags-about-free-ride-u-t/

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 10:41 AM
This kind of thing creates a magnetic draw that no wall can ever resist.

If you have cockroaches, you'll never get anywhere trying to build a barrier to their path into your house, and you can spend your every waking hour trying to stomp on them all and they'll still breed faster than they die. But you can clean up your kitchen and stop feeding them, and actually see results.

Some would say that only an irrational SJW would respond to 'the Department of Education is a waste of money' with 'you hate education.' Likewise, only someone who is not one whit smarter than an SJW would respond to 'I'm against building a trillion dollar war with a "big beautiful door" in it and turning the nation into an ICE police state' with 'you're open borders.'

Ronin Truth
06-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Probably needed to help fill a required student diversity quota.

donnay
06-10-2016, 11:11 AM
You can thank government for this arrogance.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 11:29 AM
You can thank government for this arrogance.

And throwing billions at the arrogant government in the belief that it will fix it by force is foolish.

donnay
06-10-2016, 11:41 AM
And throwing billions at the arrogant government in the belief that it will fix it by force is foolish.

Hegelian Dialectic.

erowe1
06-10-2016, 11:44 AM
It looks like what the anti-immigration people are telling us here is that they don't just want to keep rapists and terrorists out of America. They also want to keep out smart, hard working people who stand to make America a better place by their being here.

But this has nothing to do with racism.

Zippyjuan
06-10-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496339-Illegals-Openly-Brag-About-300k-Scholarships-on-Twitter

You are right. We don't want smart people in this country. Valedictorian, eh? Her tuition is being paid for by scholarships which she earned. It does not say if they were private or publicly funded scholarships.

TEXAS Grants, a need-based grant program that covers tuition and fees at most institutions, is only available to Texas residents. Students unable to prove U.S. citizenship may establish residency if they graduated from a Texas high school, have lived in the state for three years before applying and sign an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for permanent residency status as soon as possible.

According to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, which monitors the implementation of such legislation, the state distributed 2,156 TEXAS Grants in fiscal year 2010 to students who had established residency under those provisions, meaning many were very likely not in the United States legally. The total amount of the awards was approximately $7.8 million.

That averages about $3,618 per student if she received one of those. https://www.texastribune.org/2011/10/25/undocumented-students-texas-receive-financial-aid/

Figures for University of Texas, Austin:

TUITION AND EXPENSES
Cost of Attendance In-state: $26,346 Out-of-state: $51,352
Tuition and Fees In-state: $9,830 Out-of-state: $34,836
Room and Board $11,456
Books and Supplies $750
Other Expenses $4,310
http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg03_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=788

University of Texas has over 50,000 students.

twomp
06-10-2016, 01:06 PM
She had a 4.5 gpa. That scholarship belongs to an American with a 3.6 gpa. How will America become great again if these illegals keep getting this! I'm sure a wall will stop all this non-sense!

Slave Mentality
06-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Zippy sure spends a lot of time researching, huh? Always has a bunch of links, graphs, charts, and all kinds of smart people shit.

LibertyEagle
06-10-2016, 02:10 PM
We just need to import more illegals. That will fix everything.

/s

LibertyEagle
06-10-2016, 02:12 PM
She had a 4.5 gpa. That scholarship belongs to an American with a 3.6 gpa. How will America become great again if these illegals keep getting this! I'm sure a wall will stop all this non-sense!

If Americans are funding it, the scholarship damn sure does belong to an American.

LibertyEagle
06-10-2016, 02:15 PM
This kind of thing creates a magnetic draw that no wall can ever resist.

If you have cockroaches, you'll never get anywhere trying to build a barrier to their path into your house, and you can spend your every waking hour trying to stomp on them all and they'll still breed faster than they die. But you can clean up your kitchen and stop feeding them, and actually see results.

Some would say that only an irrational SJW would respond to 'the Department of Education is a waste of money' with 'you hate education.' Likewise, only someone who is not one whit smarter than an SJW would respond to 'I'm against building a trillion dollar war with a "big beautiful door" in it and turning the nation into an ICE police state' with 'you're open borders.'

And only an imbecile would encourage illegal immigration/open borders while the U.S. still has a welfare state, if not beyond.

Zippyjuan
06-10-2016, 02:49 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/austin-valedictorian-says-viral-tweet-wasnt-meant-/nrcxg/

Lara, who not only graduated at the top of her class, but also served as class president for the past two years and as the National Honor Society president, said she has lived in the U.S. most her life, in Austin for 15 years. She says one of her greatest hardships is overcoming “the stereotype of people like me. Many people think that people like me can’t be successful. We have all the odds stacked against us, and I think it’s important to highlight the fact that anything is possible, regardless of your status. I’ve accomplished things that most people wouldn’t think a person with my background could have, and I’m proud of that.”

She says she wants to become a resident and then a citizen “at any given opportunity” but said it’s not as easy as it sounds.

Lara has Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, status, an immigration policy that calls for deferred action for certain young people who came to the United States as children to enable them to work and study in the U.S. legally. Lara said she is afraid. She fears her family will be hurt and wants the attacks to stop. She has taken down her social media accounts and has been avoiding media, some of which have come from other parts of the country in search of her.

If her family has been in the US for 15 years, unless they are unemployed or getting paid cash, they have been tax payers for that time.

Ron Paul: http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Immigration.htm

Even with a healthy economy and stricter border controls, the issue of what to do with twelve-million-plus illegals already here would persist. One side says use the U.S. Army, round them up, and ship them home. The other side says give them amnesty, make them full-fledged citizens, and reward the lawbreakers, thus insulting and unfairly penalizing those who have patiently waited and obeyed our immigration laws. The first choice--sending twelve to fifteen million illegals home--isn't going to happen and should not happen. Neither the determination or the ability to accomplish it exists. Besides, if each case is looked at separately, we would find ourselves splitting up families and deporting some who have lived here for decades, if not their entire life, and who never lived for any length of time in Mexico.

Source: Liberty Defined, by Rep. Ron Paul, p.153 , Apr 19, 2011

She is in this last category Ron mentions. If somebody has lived their whole life here are they really a foreigner?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-now/who-is-mayte-lara-meet-the-girl-behind-the-tweet/334181253

Q: When did you move to the U.S., why did you go through the DACA process?

I’ve lived in Austin for the last 15 years. I went through the DACA process because it offers help to students like myself. DACA provides me with a permit to work and study here in the United States (therefore it provides a Social Security number). It doesn’t offer a full on residency, but I’m hoping that sooner or later it will open up that path so I can become a permanent resident from the country I was raised in and have lived in my whole life.

phill4paul
06-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Good on her. Her hard work should be commended not excoriated.

phill4paul
06-10-2016, 03:43 PM
And only an imbecile would encourage illegal immigration/open borders while the U.S. still has a welfare state, if not beyond.

Only an imbecile would promote expanding government to discourage "round-up" illegal immigrants/a closed walled-off border instead of shrinking it by ending the welfare state.

RonPaulMall
06-10-2016, 06:33 PM
Sounds like she will be a valuable member of Mexican society once she is sent home. If she wants to immigrate to America at some point she can make a proper application and wait in line like everyone else, but till then, she has to go back.

oyarde
06-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Does this mean my Dos Equis will get cheaper ?

puppetmaster
06-10-2016, 08:15 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496339-Illegals-Openly-Brag-About-300k-Scholarships-on-Twitter

You are right. We don't want smart people in this country. Valedictorian, eh? Her tuition is being paid for by scholarships which she earned. It does not say if they were private or publicly funded scholarships.

That averages about $3,618 per student if she received one of those. https://www.texastribune.org/2011/10/25/undocumented-students-texas-receive-financial-aid/

Figures for University of Texas, Austin:

http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg03_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=788

University of Texas has over 50,000 students. but zippy always says the illegals don't get any free shit from the taxpayers.....constant BS and he knows it.

puppetmaster
06-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Good on her. Her hard work should be commended not excoriated. so. You your thought pattern a rapist should be commended if they worked hard to do the rape. Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

erowe1
06-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

Illegal immigration is the epitome of a victimless crime.

erowe1
06-10-2016, 08:24 PM
but zippy always says the illegals don't get any free $#@! from the taxpayers.....constant BS and he knows it.

What does her being an illegal immigrant have to do with anything? If she didn't get the scholarship somebody else would. Her being an illegal immigrant doesn't make it somehow worse than if it were given to a citizen.

alucard13mm
06-10-2016, 08:34 PM
I think people are mad because she bragged about it AND posted the mexican flag as one of her emoticons.

If she was in mexico.. odds are she would be pregnant and a hooker :s.

puppetmaster
06-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Illegal immigration is the epitome of a victimless crime. this response is the epitome of a misguided statement. History is full of victims based on illegal immigration/invasion.

Lord Xar
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM
If Americans are funding it, the scholarship damn sure does belong to an American.

exactly.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 01:13 PM
We don't know what scholarships this ambitious person who has lived nearly their entire life in the US and wants to become a citizen received.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 01:19 PM
We don't know what scholarships this ambitious person who has lived nearly their entire life in the US and wants to become a citizen received.

What's that you were saying about illegals not getting any benefits?

phill4paul
06-12-2016, 01:43 PM
so. You your thought pattern a rapist should be commended if they worked hard to do the rape. Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.

Sure you couldn't add Hitler to your assertion for good measure? :rolleyes:

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 01:48 PM
What's that you were saying about illegals not getting any benefits?

She has a legal permit to be in the country actually.

Q: When did you move to the U.S., why did you go through the DACA process?

I’ve lived in Austin for the last 15 years. I went through the DACA process because it offers help to students like myself. DACA provides me with a permit to work and study here in the United States (therefore it provides a Social Security number). It doesn’t offer a full on residency, but I’m hoping that sooner or later it will open up that path so I can become a permanent resident from the country I was raised in and have lived in my whole life.

I have said that illegals are not eligible for FEDERAL benefits. Education is a state- not Federal- benefit.

donnay
06-12-2016, 01:49 PM
She has a legal permit to be in the country actually.

How does an illegal get a legal permit?

twomp
06-12-2016, 02:38 PM

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Go chip in to build a wall. Go get a job cleaning toilets, mowing lawns, picking crops. You can eliminate all the entitlements you want or build a wall all the way into space. There will be illegal immigrants coming here as long as there are low paying jobs for them to work because the low paying jobs here still pay more than the jobs in their sh1tty country. You and your fellow Trumpeteers can end this by getting to work. Go on. Make America great again and stop depending on the government to fix your immigrant problems. You can start doing it yourself.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 03:48 PM
DACA - DREAM Act. Not a program passed by Congress. The verdict as to the legality of the program is still not decided, so she isn't exactly here legally.

erowe1
06-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Go chip in to build a wall. Go get a job cleaning toilets, mowing lawns, picking crops. You can eliminate all the entitlements you want or build a wall all the way into space. There will be illegal immigrants coming here as long as there are low paying jobs for them to work because the low paying jobs here still pay more than the jobs in their sh1tty country. You and your fellow Trumpeteers can end this by getting to work. Go on. Make America great again and stop depending on the government to fix your immigrant problems. You can start doing it yourself.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to twomp again."

angelatc
06-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is. Go chip in to build a wall. Go get a job cleaning toilets, mowing lawns, picking crops.

SO the Mexicans are here to clean our toilets and mow our lawns?

angelatc
06-12-2016, 03:57 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/austin-valedictorian-says-viral-tweet-wasnt-meant-/nrcxg/

If her family has been in the US for 15 years, unless they are unemployed or getting paid cash, they have been tax payers for that time.

Illegal immigrants get EITC money back. And to quote your earlier position...education is by the state, not by the fed. And TX has no income tax, so......

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Illegal immigrants get EITC money back.

If they are qualified to get a tax refund, that means they are paying taxes. http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2015/mar/09/john-fredericks/john-fredericks-says-every-illegal-immigrant-can-b/

Obama announced on Nov. 20 that he will delay deportation of immigrants who have lived illegally in the U.S. for more than five years but have children who are citizens or have green cards. If the applicants pass background checks and pay a fee, they would qualify for a work permit and avoid deportation for three years at a time. More than 4 million people could qualify for the program, which is scheduled to open for applications this spring but faces a legal challenge from 26 states.

Those who qualify for the program would also be able to get a Social Security number because a longstanding policy allows people who have been legally present in the U.S. to obtain the numbers. And with that Social Security number, they would be required to file tax returns and possibly qualify for the earned income tax credit that helps low-income workers.

But there’s more. The reclassified immigrants also would be eligible to file or amend tax returns going back three years, provided they can meet income requirements and furnish pay documents. In other words, some will be able to claim four years of credits -- for their current tax filing and three years of back filings.

The earned income tax credit slides with the amount of earnings families report and the number of children they have. It’s also adjusted each year for inflation. The maximum amount a family with three or more children can claim this year on their 2014 tax filings is $6,242.

You can’t get the credit "without paying a dime in." You’d have to pay payroll taxes.

erowe1
06-12-2016, 04:08 PM
If they are qualified to get a tax refund, that means they are paying taxes.

No it doesn't, not in net. With EITC many people make a profit, they get back more, sometimes far more, than they paid.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 04:10 PM
If they are qualified to get a tax refund, that means they are paying taxes. http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2015/mar/09/john-fredericks/john-fredericks-says-every-illegal-immigrant-can-b/

NOt true at all! THe EITC is essentially welfare, and it's wrought with fraud. It's pretty easy to get a refund back without actually paying a dime in income taxes. Would you like me to explain the scam? I do taxes seasonally - I know exactly how the system is worked.

(Note: Politifact leans left....)

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 04:11 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/amnestybonus.asp

Rules for every taxpayer:

Must have earned income, such as wages, tips or the income from running a business or farm. Most other types of income, such as retirement pensions, though usually taxable, do not count as earned income;

Must have a Social Security number that is valid for employment for self, spouse and any qualifying children;

A person can get the credit even with a small amount of investment income, such as interest from a bank account. However, the amount of investment income is limited to $3,300;

The filing status used must be single, head of household, married filing jointly or qualifying widow or widower. A taxpayer who files as married filing separately cannot get the credit;

Generally, must be either a U.S. citizen or resident alien;

Cannot be a qualifying child of another person;

Cannot file Form 2555 or Form 2555-EZ. These forms are used to claim the foreign earned income exclusion, a tax benefit for Americans who live and work abroad.

In addition, income must be below certain amounts. For tax year 2013, both earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:

$14,340 ($19,680 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children;
$37,870 ($43,210 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child;
$43,038 ($48,378 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children;
$46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 04:12 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/amnestybonus.asp

I asked you a simple question. Would you like me to explain how the scam works, or would you like to keep posting links that intentionally omit a very significant point?

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 04:19 PM
To claim a Earned Income Tax Credit you need to have a Social Security number and file tax returns.

Second, the $4.2 billion figure that Trump references is from a 2011 TIGTA report that actually states that families with an unauthorized worker received $4.2 billion in 2009 (not 2011) through the refundable portion of the Child Tax Credit (known as the Additional Child Tax Credit). While this may sound the same on the surface, there are a few things that should be noted. As the report explains, these credits were claimed by taxpayers using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), which the IRS issues to individuals not eligible for a Social Security Number. ITINs are issued without regard to immigration status to people not authorized to work in the United States, so this group includes not just undocumented immigrants but also individuals who have immigrated legally but aren’t legally able to work.

Taxpayers using an ITIN are prohibited from receiving the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) but are allowed to claim the Child Tax Credit (CTC). Worth up to $1,000 per qualifying child, the CTC is intended to offset the costs of raising children. Families who owe less in taxes than their eligible Child Tax Credit amount can receive the difference through the Additional Child Tax Credit, which is paid out with their tax refund. Since the CTC is intended primarily to benefit children, it makes sense that it is the children’s immigration status, not the parents’, that qualifies a family to receive the credit, and a qualifying child can be a citizen, a U.S. national, or a resident alien. And although some portion of the $4.2 billion in Additional Child Tax Credits could be going to families with undocumented parents, nearly 80 percent of the children of undocumented immigrants are U.S. citizens.

Yes, it is possible to owe no income taxes (about half of all citizens don't own any net income taxes) and even get refund based on credits earned above that. But if you have a social security card number, you are also paying into Social Security which is a federal tax. And illegal immigrants are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits.

angelatc
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
To claim a Earned Income Tax Credit you need to have a Social Security number and file tax returns.

Yes, it is possible to owe no income taxes (about half of all citizens don't own any net income taxes) and even get refund based on credits earned above that. But if you have a social security card number, you are also paying into Social Security which is a federal tax. And illegal immigrants are not eligible to receive.

OK, now you're just being obtuse. I do taxes. I am licensed to do taxes. I have done taxes. I understand taxes. I do not need Google to know what I am talking about.

Would you like me to explain how the scam works, or do you want to just keep posting annoying cloy links that omit a very significant point?

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 04:22 PM
What is that significant point since obviously I am missing it. Of course if it is fraud, then getting the money is illegal and they are not really eligible for it. Fraud is not limited by immigration status.

puppetmaster
06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
NOt true at all! THe EITC is essentially welfare, and it's wrought with fraud. It's pretty easy to get a refund back without actually paying a dime in income taxes. Would you like me to explain the scam? I do taxes seasonally - I know exactly how the system is worked.

(Note: Politifact leans left....) she does taxes seasonally and sees it first hand. so I believe her much more than your snopes and politifact the BS

angelatc
06-12-2016, 04:52 PM
What is that significant point since obviously I am missing it. Of course if it is fraud, then getting the money is illegal and they are not really eligible for it. Fraud is not limited by immigration status.

There is no money. All you have to do is claim self-employment income. Or even better - you can get paid cash cleaning toilets and picking crops, but only claim enough of it to maximize the EITC.

So, if I earn $75000 in cash, and claim it all...I am going to owe money. Lots and lots of money.

But if I earn $75000 cash, but claim $14000 and have 3 kids....suddenly the government owes me as much as I would have paid if I was on the up and up.

You are right. It is illegal. (But so are they, so....) And the courts have temporarily stopped the EITC ITIN eligibility that Obama issued by royal decree as part of the DREAM Act. Senator Grassley is largely responsible for derailing that train.

Zippyjuan
06-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

RandallFan
06-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Trump is a big government Stooge. La Raza Rick Perry is a free market liberty minded.