PDA

View Full Version : $20k per "refugee"

tod evans
06-08-2016, 05:46 PM
From Drudge;

Feds spend nearly $20,000 to settle every refugee

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/feds-spend-nearly-20000-to-settle-every-refugee/article/2593331

Federal taxpayers are on the hook for nearly $20,000 just to settle each refugee and asylum seeker, who are then immediately eligible for cash welfare, food stamps, housing and medical aid, according to a new report on the "refugee industry."

The report provided federal budget figures showing that the government spends $19,884 on each refugee the U.S. takes in.

And that number is set to jump if President Obama gets his way and brings in an additional 10,000 Syrian refugees in this year.

The report from the Negative Population Growth Inc. said that the U.S. is currently accepting about 95,000 refugees and asylees. That is in addition to the over 500,000 legal and illegal immigrants coming to the U.S.

It focused on the industry created to accept the $1.8 billion in federal support to help refugees settle and sign up for further cash awards from Uncle Sam. The refugee agencies get a small portion, or about $1,875 per refugee they help. The rest goes to the United Nations, which helps to determine eligible refugees, and state agencies.

The State Department spends about $1.28 billion, and Health and Human Services another $609 million.

From the report:

Two federal agencies sustain the refugee industry:

The Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), in the State Department, supports a major share of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees' budget. In FY2014 this support came to $1.28 billion, making the U.S. by far the largest donor to the UNHCR. Some of this money is supposedly used to expand the capacity of countries outside the U.S. to absorb refugees – potentially reducing the share of refugees coming to the U.S. Despite this, more refugees come to the U.S. than to the rest of the world combined: 67% of UNHCR-referred refugees settled in the U.S. in 2014.

RonPaulIsGreat
06-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Just admit it people your government hates YOU. It loves degenerate third worlders that can be purchased for a crappy apartment.

dannno
06-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Dude, behind the times, Stefan Molyneux has been bringing this up regularly for almost a year now..

It is 1/10th the cost to resettle and take care of them in a Middle Eastern country.

Slave Mentality
06-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Sounds cheaper than bombs, but I still do not consent.

tod evans
06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Dude, behind the times, Stefan Molyneux has been bringing this up regularly for almost a year now..

It is 1/10th the cost to resettle and take care of them in a Middle Eastern country.

The logic failure occurs when anyone thinks it is the taxpayers responsibility to "take care of them" anywhere..

Any discussion beyond that is wasted breath.

dannno
06-08-2016, 06:33 PM
The logic failure occurs when anyone thinks it is the taxpayers responsibility to "take care of them" anywhere..

Any discussion beyond that is wasted breath.

Where is the logic failure? Who said we should use taxpayer money to take care of them anywhere?

IF we are going to use taxpayer money to take care of them, it should be done in the most economic way possible that leaves our citizens the safest. Do you disagree?

tod evans
06-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Where is the logic failure? Who said we should use taxpayer money to take care of them anywhere?

IF we are going to use taxpayer money to take care of them, it should be done in the most economic way possible that leaves our citizens the safest. Do you disagree?

Did you read the article I posted in the OP?

That's what this thread is about, the use of taxpayer dollars.

I say government has overstepped her bounds yet again and I would like to see every member of government even remotely involved punished by the taxpayers they have bilked.

I'm not willing to entertain what-ifs that assume government is in the right here...

TheTexan
06-08-2016, 06:41 PM
It focused on the industry created to accept the $1.8 billion in federal support to help refugees settle and sign up for further cash awards from Uncle Sam. The refugee agencies get a small portion, or about $1,875 per refugee they help.

I wonder if they need any experts on the Obama-phone program, to help refugees sign up for free phones.

I know someone that might be able to help.

ThePenguinLibertarian
06-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Its pretty small for all the suffering the Army inflicted on them

susano
06-13-2016, 03:45 AM

I've read that the UN pressures people in refugee camps about where they need to be shipped off to. If they want to stay closer to home, which I would think a lot would, that's too bad when the UN wants the US more "diverse". If they refugee doesn't want to be shipped off so far away, they're threatened by being told they'll just have stay in the camp.

In addition to everything going on war wise in the middle east, I think it's the biggest ethnic cleansing operation in decades. Gee, who benefits from Arabs being shipped out and killed and Christians mostly just killed?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/images/greater-israel-map4.jpg

Ronin Truth
06-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Is that another 20K for each time they sneak across the border?

puppetmaster
06-13-2016, 12:11 PM
but again....zippy said it aint so so it must be