PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol: Lindsey Graham Should Get Back in Race

Origanalist
06-08-2016, 07:20 AM
Ha ha ha ha.....

Conservative writer William Kristol is encouraging GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham to resume his suspended presidential campaign, arguing "the way things are going, he might win."

The Weekly Standard founder and editor — and vocal Donald Trump critic — has so far failed to prod National Review writer, constitutional lawyer, and Iraq war veteran David French to launch an independent bid as a conservative alternative to the GOP presumptive nominee, but the South Carolina senator's move to back away from his Trump endorsement seemed to pique Kristol's interest.
Kristol on Tuesday tweeted it'd be "easier" if Graham just resume his own presidential campaign.

Easier for Lindsey just to run, would give us all someone to vote for. And the way things are going, he might win. https://t.co/dbJIdf44kL

— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) June 7, 2016
http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/732784/1

Lmao at the comments on Kristol's tweet..

Ronin Truth
06-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Because .......? :rolleyes:

juleswin
06-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Because .......? :rolleyes:

The self bastard thinks Trump is not sufficiently neocon enough which is completely insane if one looks at the man's history. Which we all know is the best predictor of future behaviour.

acptulsa
06-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Political theater.

Billy Kristol will do this every time people seem to be realizing that, were Trump actually anti-Establishmnet, he would never have gotten the media coverage he has received.

Graham? Kristol wants Graham to run? Toward what end? The sissy warmonger's own mother didn't vote for him.

surf
06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Bill Kristol: should stfu and crawl in a hole

luctor-et-emergo
06-08-2016, 10:39 AM
LOL

06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Graham should get back in. Without all the competition he might get 2% instead of 1%.

nikcers
06-08-2016, 01:55 PM
He's mocking Trump thats kind of funny, he is saying Trump can't win. Might as well send Lindsay Graham, he is just as unpopular.

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Kristol should run himself or shut up. Even that French guy bowed out and didn't want to be his lapdog.

CPUd
06-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Kristol should run himself or shut up. Even that French guy bowed out and didn't want to be his lapdog.

French also chose not to put his family in further danger from the Trump mob:

David French said Tuesday that someone who identified themself as affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign tried to "intimidate" him while he was considering an independent presidential bid.

"It was probably one of the more ham-handed attempts at intimidation out of the Trump operation," French, a constitutional lawyer, said during an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

French, who announced Sunday night he would not launch a White House bid in opposition to Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, said the person called a family member of his wife in Tennessee.

"I considered it a ham-handed effort to intimidate," French said when asked if he thought it was a threat.

According to French, the operative said, "I'm sorry but I've been asked by the Trump campaign to make sure that David knows that this will be really bad for him."

"I have been against Trump for sometime, and the assaults on my family have been overwhelming, just as a writer," French, who writes for the conservative National Review, said.

The lawyer pointed to an "online racist mob" that Trump often "stokes" with controversial retweets in discussing attacks on his multi-racial family from Trump supporters.

"They have gone after my youngest daughter in the worst way imaginable," he said.

French insisted that "there's a path" for someone to launch an independent bid, saying most Americans want to consider a candidate beyond Trump and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

"There's a hunger out there," French said, adding a possible independent candidate needed immediate resources or have access to resources to launch a viable campaign.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/282445-david-french-trump-operative-tried-to-intimidate-me

RJB
06-08-2016, 06:48 PM
An irrelevant talking head making himself even more irrelevant by propping up an even more irrelevant politician.

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-08-2016, 09:53 PM
French also chose not to put his family in further danger from the Trump mob:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/282445-david-french-trump-operative-tried-to-intimidate-me

Nah, I'm not taking neo-con jackasses at face value. More likely explanation is he knew he'd limp in at a humiliating percentage behind most other third parties and made up a story about threats. Or maybe some online idiots said a few mean words that were blown out of proportion. Seriously, anyone could've gone on Reddit any day of the week and received death threats if they badmouthed Bernie before his campaign was done.

euphemia
06-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Kristol. What a train wreck.

AngryCanadian
06-09-2016, 07:09 PM
LOL

Peace&Freedom
06-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Desperation.

No establishment guy will take the fall and go down in history as ruining the GOP's chance of beating Hillary in 2016, even the no-name flunky French. Adelson tried to buy a flunky VP (Newt) for $200 million last week, but Trump turned him down. That's why elite frontman Kristol had to talk up a new wrinkle about an opposing candidate, and why there was such a verbal barrage dropped on Trump since then. Billy Kristol will float a new trial balloon every time elite people again realize that Trump really is anti-Establishmnet, as he would never have gotten the unremittingly hostile media coverage he has received.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Billy Kristol will float a new trial balloon every time elite people again realize that Trump really is anti-Establishmnet, as he would never have gotten the unremittingly hostile media coverage he has received.

Um, I think Kristol is floating a new trial balloon every time people begin to wise up to how establishment Trump is, which would be what all that unremitting coverage would seem to prove.

And which I think is what you meant.

Peace&Freedom
06-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Um, I think Kristol is floating a new trial balloon every time people begin to wise up to how establishment Trump is, which would be what all that unremitting coverage would seem to prove.

No, I meant you were wrong, and my counter suggestion was supported by the actual flow of events, which yours was not. An unremitting beat down is an unremitting beat down, not 'coverage.' The MSM has tried to either marginalize him or pistol whip him into compliance with their self-serving cultural lordship, and he won't comply. Each time the elite was defeated, they have responded by talking up or launching a new anti-Trump project, or new candidate.

At this point, they have paid out hundreds of millions, or tried to bribe him with hundreds of millions, to get Trump back into establishment line, or out of the way, yet nothing works. Even after the rare week where Trump was kept on the defensive, such as leading up to California, his poll standing held at a statistical dead heat with Hillary. Hence the desperation of the establishment, and new wave of opposition plans against his anti-establishment campaign.

Origanalist
06-10-2016, 07:08 AM
No, I meant you were wrong, and my counter suggestion was supported by the actual flow of events, which yours was not. An unremitting beat down is an unremitting beat down, not 'coverage.' The MSM has tried to either marginalize him or pistol whip him into compliance with their self-serving cultural lordship, and he won't comply. Each time the elite was defeated, they have responded by talking up or launching a new anti-Trump project, or new candidate.

At this point, they have paid out hundreds of millions, or tried to bribe him with hundreds of millions, to get Trump back into establishment line, or out of the way, yet nothing works. Even after the rare week where Trump was kept on the defensive, such as leading up to California, his poll standing held at a statistical dead heat with Hillary. Hence the desperation of the establishment, and new wave of opposition plans against his anti-establishment campaign.

He's a real hero in the face of overwhelming adversity.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 07:14 AM

They know how to keep a candidate who isn't serving their ends down. They ignore him. They not only didn't ignore Trump, they gave him more coverage than the rest of the candidates combined from the very first. Now, you can try to fall back on the tired old 'they couldn't ignore a celebrity' excuse. But we all saw them give him more coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined. Nobody--nobody--has so much celebrity that they have to get more coverage than all the other candidates combined unless and until they give him more coverage than all the other candidates combined. They aren't stupid, and some of us aren't either. They had a plan, and those of us with eyes to see know it.

The sovereignty of this nation lies in its Constitution. Trump is trolling us with the promise of sovereignty without constitutionality. He doesn't make any secret of the fact that he'd be using the Constitution as toilet paper, but people are fooled into thinking he's the National Sovereignty Candidate with promises of a big, fat wall. It's bait and switch. The wall won't keep out the New World Order. The Constitution will--unless we keep installing people who use it as toilet paper.

Let Trump trash the Constitution and globalism no longer has any obstacles at all. Even if you're just right enough about him and it doesn't come during his administration, that will only be four years.

Kristol is gaming you. If he doesn't pretend to disapprove of Trump's sleight of hand in removing the last obstacle to globalism while building a wall that won't stop globalism, then you might see how their game is designed to work.

Bossobass
06-10-2016, 07:52 AM

The most patently absurd post I've ever read on these boards.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 07:57 AM
The most patently absurd post I've ever read on these boards.

You think it's absurd to think the guy who has bribed every politician in New York and New Jersey, got more media coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined from the moment he got in the race, had NBC do him the favor of pretending to fire him because they didn't like him when federal equal time law actually forbids presidential candidates from having entertainment shows during a campaign unless all the candidates do, and hosted the Clintons at his wedding, is an establishment figure?

Well, that's one man's opinion.

Bossobass
06-10-2016, 08:10 AM
You think it's absurd to think the guy who has bribed every politician in New York and New Jersey, got more media coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined from the moment he got in the race, had NBC do him the favor of pretending to fire him because they didn't like him when federal equal time law actually forbids presidential candidates from having entertainment shows during a campaign unless all the candidates do, and hosted the Clintons at his wedding, is an establishment figure?

Well, that's one man's opinion.

Dunno where your head's gotten to. You must be a youngster. Maybe read a book instead of CPUd's posts.

Bern
06-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Kristol and Graham are both attending the Bilderberg conference in Dresden if what I've read is correct. I'm sure that is completely coincidental.

Origanalist
06-10-2016, 08:22 AM
Dunno where your head's gotten to. You must be a youngster. Maybe read a book instead of CPUd's posts.

Does posting accurate information make one a youngster in your mind? I wager he has a few years on you, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

Bossobass
06-10-2016, 08:30 AM
Does posting accurate information make one a youngster in your mind? I wager he has a few years on you, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here. I've been around these bullshit "discussions" since the 60s. Trump is an insider because he's rich? Really? That's all you got? Okey Doke… duly noted. Excuse me if I snicker and roll my eyes when it's posted for the hundredth time.

What's next? Kennedy was an insider because his dad had lots of money from playing the game and bought the election away from Nixon, who was a pauper?

Winning at the money game does not make you an insider.

Knowing the Trump story from the beginning and reading he's an insider is a riot. No, really… a full-blown, screaming riot. It doesn't deserve a discussion, let alone being cornered by you 5 or 6 attack poodles who will say (and have said) just about anything to serve your obvious and shallow as spit agenda.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 08:33 AM
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here. I've been around these bull$#@! "discussions" since the 60s. Trump is an insider because he's rich?

Who said that?

I've been around bullshit discussions for a while, too. And it has been my experience that the bullshitters love to ignore all the points they can't refute, put words in the mouths of their opponents, and attack that instead...

Origanalist
06-10-2016, 08:41 AM
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say here. I've been around these bullshit "discussions" since the 60s. Trump is an insider because he's rich? Really? That's all you got? Okey Doke… duly noted. Excuse me if I snicker and roll my eyes when it's posted for the hundredth time.

What's next? Kennedy was an insider because his dad had lots of money from playing the game and bought the election away from Nixon, who was a pauper?

Winning at the money game does not make you an insider.

Knowing the Trump story from the beginning and reading he's an insider is a riot. No, really… a full-blown, screaming riot. It doesn't deserve a discussion, let alone being cornered by you 5 or 6 attack poodles who will say (and have said) just about anything to serve your obvious and shallow as spit agenda.

You're making shit up as you go fishboss.

AZJoe
06-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Billy Kristol's savior of the neocons is the madman that polled a under 1%.

http://www.rinotracker.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/lindsey-graham-needs-to-shut-up-678x3812-498x264.jpg

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 09:40 AM
Billy Kristol's savior of the neocon's is the madman that polled a under 1%.

http://www.rinotracker.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/lindsey-graham-needs-to-shut-up-678x3812-498x264.jpg

Yet another clue, for those who have eyes to see, that Kristol is in no way trying to mount a serious attack on Trump, but merely trying to give him cover and make him appear to be less neocon than he really is.

Peace&Freedom
06-10-2016, 09:43 AM
They know how to keep a candidate who isn't serving their ends down. They ignore him. They not only didn't ignore Trump, they gave him more coverage than the rest of the candidates combined from the very first. Now, you can try to fall back on the tired old 'they couldn't ignore a celebrity' excuse. But we all saw them give him more coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined. Nobody--nobody--has so much celebrity that they have to get more coverage than all the other candidates combined unless and until they give him more coverage than all the other candidates combined. They aren't stupid, and some of us aren't either. They had a plan, and those of us with eyes to see know it.

The plan was JEB BUSH, or similar low-key milquetoast hack, to throw the election to the Democrat, just like the last two times. A conspiracy to run Trump as a phony outsider would have had to be establishment-wide to even get off the ground, whereas the events of the last year make it clear that establishment didn't even see the outsider trend coming, or saw Trump dominating it, let alone were disposed towards having such a loose cannon egotist front for it. The elite had a plan, but don't have a means of combating a figure and election trend that has bypassed, and is surpassing their plan. They know how to take a Ron/Rand Paul level pol or normal-sized celebrity---who has no money, needs the media to get his national coverage or visibility, needs mega donors to win the primaries, and so has to play patty-cake with the MSM---and keep THEM down.

The elite have indeed mastered the kingmaker science of marginalization, and controlling the campaign through starving candidates dependent on their news coverage or money. What they can't handle is a populist uprising against the milquetoast conformists, led by a billionaire with 30 years of positive branding behind his celebrity, who creates his own legitimate news cycles at will, or who aggressively attacks and derides establishment pols and pundits. All the non-coverage (which Huffpo tried to do to Trump early, but could not sustain) or later negative beatdowns in the world were not going to undo in a year the positive rep and image Trump had well-established over decades. So the impact celebrity overcoming such obstacles remains relevant, regardless of attempts to discount it.

When the grassroots was still driving the Paul campaign's success, we were starting to figure out the pieces of the pie needed to achieve something similar to bypass the establishment, with the money bomb concept being one device. The concept of using a candidate who had enough of a monumental profile or national following to surpass a media shutdown was also part of the formula, but alas, turned out to not be realizable by the Pauls, because it required them to consistently create their own "news bombs" that forced coverage, and for them to aggressively challenge the media and elite's frameworks, which they were not attitudinally disposed towards doing.

Trump has accomplished those things, like Carson and Cruz to a lesser extent, despite a sea of real elite opposition. What his example shows is:

1) The populist trend is very strong, likely long term, and not picky about the persons representing it being perfect or ideologically coherent, so long as they confront the elite, show resolve under fire, and emphasize cultural issues and the American interest over war, globalism or the elite agenda.

2) The full formula for a candidate being able to pull this off is realized by a wealthy, (at least currently) independent minded, anti-PC person, who creatively uses both the new and legacy media to create more news coverage for the campaign, and most of all, does not play nice with the current order. We were never, EVER going to win against the kingmakers trying to be friends with the establishment, from the MSM to McConnell, as that order was never going to be beaten via a genteel approach. Trump has shown this is a brawl, and requires more of a warrior's mindset and tactics to succeed.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 10:02 AM
The plan was JEB BUSH, or similar low-key milquetoast hack, to throw the election to the Democrat, just like the last two times. A conspiracy to run Trump as a phony outsider would have had to be establishment-wide to even get off the ground, whereas the events of the last year make clear that establishment didn't even see the outsider trend coming, or saw Trump dominating it, let alone were disposed towards having such a loose cannon egotist front for it.

Just because you're determined to underestimate the enemy, or just want us to, doesn't mean I'm not going to listen to Sun Tzu. The fact that seventeen candidates entered the GOP race indicates to me that they had no idea which direction the general dissatisfaction would go, so they threw every variety of shit under the sun at the wall. And went with the one that seemed to stick.

Peace&Freedom
06-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Just because you're determined to underestimate the enemy, or just want us to, doesn't mean I'm not going to listen to Sun Tzu. The fact that seventeen candidates entered the GOP race indicates to me that they had no idea which direction the general dissatisfaction would go, so they threw every variety of $#@! under the sun at the wall. And went with the one that seemed to stick.

If anything, I have overestimated the establishment's planning, by repeatedly stating their steering techniques have improved in recent cycles, but they didn't foresee everything. The sixteen other candidates were there to crowd RAND out of coverage (who they saw coming), to split the rest of the non-Jeb vote, and to make it less obvious the media was trying to protect Bush as the sacrificial lamb to Hillary.

The elite had also secondary people in place (Walker, Rubio et al) to run with just in case Jeb failed. But they were clueless about the "general dissatisfaction" vote being dominant and crushing ALL their puppets, let alone about Trump capitalizing on that vote, and resisting attempts to control him. Their blindness went beyond not knowing the 'direction' of the trend---they just didn't see it coming at all.

Even today, commentary from the establishment heads imply that should Trump lose, they expect things to go back to normal, with the kingmakers re-establishing control so that only a "sensible" (milquetoast puppet) candidate succeeds in the future. With respect to the last year, they have learned abslutely nothing, and forgotten everything. The outsider phenomenon will long outlast the Trump candidacy, so people should focus on the trend, not on beating up its current candidate.

acptulsa
06-10-2016, 11:18 AM
If anything, I have overestimated the establishment's planning, by repeatedly stating their steering techniques have improved in recent cycles, but they didn't foresee everything. The sixteen other candidates were there to crowd RAND out of coverage (who they saw coming), to split the rest of the non-Jeb vote, and to make it less obvious the media was trying to protect Bush as the sacrificial lamb to Hillary.

The elite had also secondary people in place (Walker, Rubio et al) to run with just in case Jeb failed. But they were clueless about the "general dissatisfaction" vote being dominant and crushing ALL their puppets, let alone about Trump capitalizing on that vote, and resisting attempts to control him. Their blindness went beyond not knowing the 'direction' of the trend---they just didn't see it coming at all.

Even today, commentary from the establishment heads imply that should Trump lose, they expect things to go back to normal, with the kingmakers re-establishing control so that only a "sensible" (milquetoast puppet) candidate succeeds in the future. With respect to the last year, they have learned abslutely nothing, and forgotten everything. The outsider phenomenon will long outlast the Trump candidacy, so people should focus on the trend, not on beating up its current candidate.

Firstly, crowding Rand out of coverage and defanging the anti-establisment vote is the same damned goal. Secondly, they were a damned sight more interested in throwing the race to Clinton with a crappy candidate than in ensuring that crappy candidate was Bush. Third, taking the word of neocons, the media and other proven liars about what they saw coming and what they'll do next is pretty damned silly.

Trump wants to spend spend spend on the military, go after ISIS, propagate the police state, and cut international deals. And got more media coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined, once they saw that this Bush wouldn't fly. This is solid evidence, and I won't turn a blind eye to it.

You think you overestimated their planning. I don't think that's possible. I say you severely underestimate the number of options they gave themselves and their ability to change directions. You admit a quarterback can read a defense and call an audible, but you refuse to give these people as much credit. I don't underestimate these squirrels that much, and I'm not stupid enough to start.

William Tell
06-10-2016, 11:22 AM
The outsider phenomenon will long outlast the Trump candidacy, so people should focus on the trend, not on beating up its current candidate.

Trump is a fraud, and true outsider candidates will be demonized by being associated with him.

AZJoe
06-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Kristol's Latest Scheme:
The GOP convention must force Trump to pick a neocon for VP so that they can take the presidency via assassination impeachment.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bill-kristol-says-gop-should-select-trumps-vp-for-him-given-chance-of-impeachment/

CPUd
06-10-2016, 07:04 PM
It's pretty clear that the VP will have to be approved by the big money wing of the GOP. The delegates are unbound when voting for the VP, and they can use that as leverage.

Peace&Freedom
06-11-2016, 06:34 AM
It's pretty clear that the VP will have to be approved by the big money wing of the GOP. The delegates are unbound when voting for the VP, and they can use that as leverage.

Trump has stated he plans to wait until the convention itself before announcing the pick. That cuts out the ability of the mega donors to mount opposition to the choice among the delegates prior to the VP vote. Trump should be thanking Kristol for laying out so plainly the intent of the elite to ruin or reverse his presidency through the VP. They're almost forcing him to pick a Trump loyalist who will reinforce his policy emphasis.

Peace&Freedom
06-11-2016, 06:34 AM

Trump has stated he plans to wait until the convention itself before announcing the pick. That cuts out the ability of the mega donors to mount opposition to the choice among the delegates prior to the VP vote. Trump should be thanking Kristol for laying out so plainly the intent of the elite to ruin or reverse his presidency through the VP. They're almost forcing him to pick a Trump loyalist who will reinforce his policy emphasis.

CPUd
06-11-2016, 06:42 AM

I can assure you they will float the name before the convention. If they don't, the delegates themselves will force a roll call vote if it's not someone they immediately like. Trump himself couldn't get a majority for his own nomination if they weren't bound to vote for him.

Suzanimal
06-22-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna stick this here...

Bill Kristol: "We Beat Back Ron Paul and Rand Paul"

Kristol was in San Francisco yesterday and appeared at the Commonwealth Club of San Francisco for a "conversation with" event.

He fielded questions from the audience and also the moderator neocon Kori Schake, mostly about Donald Trump.

At one point, he named a list of non-mainstream Republican candidates that had their moment in the sun and then faded away.

This included Ron and Rand Paul.

"We beat back Ron Paul and Rand Paul," he said. Implying that they were nothing but a footnote in Republican history.

Kristol said the current election resembled one coming out of a third world country.

He also admitted that he underestimated "Trump's seeing what the people are upset about."

http://www.targetliberty.com/2016/06/bill-kristol-we-beat-back-ron-paul-and.html?m=1

nikcers
06-22-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm gonna stick this here...

Bill Kristol: "We Beat Back Ron Paul and Rand Paul"

Ron Paul: Rand 'did his very best,' but Trump was 'distraction' (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/rand-paul-ron-paul-trump-224591)Politico‎ -

Rand Paul “did his very best” during his failed White House campaign, but Donald Trump ..

jmdrake
06-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Go to hell Bill Kristol! We all know Pansy Graham only got into the race so that he could attack Rand Paul from the kiddie pool debates. Winning was never in the cards for that douche.