PDA

View Full Version : The Stasi are here: FBI Orders Teachers To Report Students Who Question Government

libertyjam
06-06-2016, 07:28 AM
FBI goes full blown STASI.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/03/fbi-orders-teachers-to-report-students-who-question-government/

New federal guidelines have just been introduced across the country, and what they mandate is quite disturbing to civil libertarians. The FBI has now instructed high schools across the nation to report students who in any way criticize government policies and what the report phrases as “western corruption.”

The FBI is interested in determining – as part of some warped “pre-crime” program – who might become potential future terrorists.

The FBI warns in the report that that “anarchist extremists” are no different that ISIS terrorists.

They further caution teachers against young people who are poor, as well as immigrants and others who travel to “suspicious” countries. These, they explain, are teens who are more likely to commit terrorism.

Sarah Lazare, writing for AlterNet, notes that “based on the widely unpopular British ‘anti-terror’ mass surveillance program, the FBI’s ‘Preventing Violent Extremism in Schools’ guidelines, released in January, are almost certainly designed to single out and target Muslim-American communities.”

Lazare notes that the FBI cautions teachers to “avoid the appearance of discrimination,” in carrying out the order to spy on students and report them to the Bureau.

“The agency identifies risk factors that are so broad and vague that virtually any young person could be deemed dangerous and worthy of surveillance, especially if she is socio-economically marginalized or politically outspoken,” she notes.

This overwhelming threat is then used to justify a massive surveillance apparatus, wherein educators and pupils function as extensions of the FBI by watching and informing on each other.

The FBI’s justification for such surveillance is based on McCarthy-era theories of radicalization, in which authorities monitor thoughts and behaviors that they claim to lead to acts of violent subversion, even if those people being watched have not committed any wrongdoing. This model has been widely discredited as a violence prevention method, including by the US government, but it is now being imported to schools nationwide as official federal policy.

The new guidelines suggest that “high school students are ideal targets for recruitment by violent extremists seeking support for their radical ideologies, foreign fighter networks, or conducting acts of violence within our borders.”

The paranoid of the document warns that the youth “possess inherent risk factors” that predispose them to being terrorists.

The FBI suggests that all teachers “incorporate a two-hour block of violent extremism awareness training” into their core curriculum for all high school students in the United States.

According to the FBI’s educational materials (https://cve.fbi.gov/) for teenagers, circulated as a visual aide to their new guidelines, the following offenses constitute signs that “could mean that someone plans to commit violence” and therefore should be reported (https://cve.fbi.gov/where/?state=report): “Talking about traveling to places that sound suspicious”; “Using code words or unusual language”; “Using several different cell phones and private messaging apps”; and “Studying or taking pictures of potential targets (like a government building).”
Under the category of domestic terrorists, the educational materials warn of the threat posed by “anarchist extremists (https://cve.fbi.gov/whatare/?state=domestic).” The FBI states, “Anarchist extremists believe that society should have no government, laws, or police, and they are loosely organized, with no central leadership… Violent anarchist extremists usually target symbols of capitalism they believe to be the cause of all problems in society – such as large corporations, government organizations, and police agencies.”

But the FBI didn’t stop at the ISIS boogymanning. They warn teachers of “Animal Rights Extremists and Environmental Extremists (https://cve.fbi.gov/whatare/?state=domestic)” who are – to the FBI – no different than “white supremacy extremists,” ISIS and Al Qaeda terrorists.
All of these are “out to recruit high school students,” in the FBI’s mind, according to Lazare.
The materials also instruct (https://cve.fbi.gov/whatis/?state=propagandaSection1) students to watch out for extremist propaganda messages that communicate criticisms of “corrupt western nations” and express “government mistrust.”
If you “see suspicious behavior that might lead to violent extremism,” the resource states, consider (https://cve.fbi.gov/where/?state=trust) reporting it to “someone you trust,” including local law enforcement officials like police officers and FBI agents.

Lazare posits that “young Muslims are the real targets” of the FBI’s high school spy program.
At the surface level, the FBI’s new guidelines do not appear to single out Muslim students. The document and supplementary educational materials warn of a broad array of threats, including anti-abortion and white supremacist extremists. The Jewish Defense League is listed alongside Hizbollah and Al Qaeda as an imminent danger to young people in the United States.
But a closer read reveals that the FBI consistently invokes an Islamic threat without naming it. Cultural and religious differences, as well as criticisms of western imperialism, are repeatedly mentioned as risk factors for future extremism. “Some immigrant families may not be sufficiently present in a youth’s life due to work constraints to foster critical thinking,” the guidelines state.

“The document aims to encourage schools to monitor their students more carefully for signs of radicalization but its definition of radicalization is vague,” Arun Kundnani, the author of The Muslims are Coming! Islamophobia, extremism, and the domestic War on Terrornotes. “Drawing on the junk science of radicalization models, the document dangerously blurs the distinction between legitimate ideological expression and violent criminal actions.”
“In practice, schools seeking to implement this document will end up monitoring Muslim students disproportionately,” Kundnani said. “Muslims who access religious or political material will be seen as suspicious, even though there is no reason to think such material indicates a likelihood of terrorism.”

Oddly, however, the FBI’s new guidelines say that they do “not advocate the application of any psychological or demographic ‘profiles’ or check lists of indicators to identify students on a pathway to radicalization.”
As Hugh Handeyside, staff attorney for the ACLU’s national security project, said that “broadening the definition of violent extremism to include a range of belief-driven violence underscores that the FBI is diving head-first into community spying. Framing this conduct as ‘concerning behavior’ doesn’t conceal the fact that the FBI is policing students’ thoughts and trying to predict the future based on those thoughts.”
Are you concerned about the FBI’s new “pre-crime” high school spying program?

Anti Federalist
06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Holy shit...I'm reading through it right now...worse than I thought.

Government schools are child abuse.

As this threat evolves and more youth embrace extremist ideologies, it places a
growing burden on our educational system to provide appropriate services to students who view hatred or
targeted violence as acceptable outlets for their grievances

They gonna start spying on the local Marine recruiter?

Anti Federalist
06-06-2016, 10:36 AM
https://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-PreventingExtremismSchools.pdf

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Guess they're up front about this stuff because either no one cares or copsuckers embrace it.

From the FBI website: "...use of informants to assist in the investigation of criminal activity may involve an element of deception, intrusion into the privacy of individuals, or cooperation with persons whose reliability and motivation may be open to question."

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/faqs

----------------------------------------------------------

Article:

"Federal agencies' payments to confidential informants increase"
February 5, 2015

Excerpt:

Federal programs that pay people to tell on others awarded around half a billion dollars during 2014.

The bulk of the disclosed awards went to whistleblowers. Their more shadowy cousins, confidential informants, got tens of millions, including $28.8 million in payments from a single Department of Justice fund, according to a report sent to Congress on Jan. 29.

The informant payments came out of the Asset Forfeiture Program, which last year received $4.47 billion through the seizure of proceeds or tools of crimes.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nation/...

acptulsa
06-06-2016, 12:22 PM
...and express “government mistrust.”

Oh, well. The government believes mistrust of the government is a bad thing.

Well, I sense a conflict of interest, myself. But I suppose they won't be asking my opinion before they terrorize innocent young people for mistrusting them. I don't even suppose they'll be impressed when I point out that the young people they terrorize were exactly right to mistrust them.

BV2
06-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Whats the use of developing sophisticated network of informants if people are not aware of it, and thus not afraid of it. Maybe this is covert prop designed to obfuscate their reliance on digital/electronic means.

I read an article on huffpo the other day wherein a 6 year old boy called the 50 on his dad for running a red light. Yup. Kid said he wanted to grow up to be a cop. (Though even the idgit commenters there were all wtf.)

Slave Mentality
06-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Whats the use of developing sophisticated network of informants if people are not aware of it, and thus not afraid of it. Maybe this is covert prop designed to obfuscate their reliance on digital/electronic means.

I read an article on huffpo the other day wherein a 6 year old boy called the 50 on his dad for running a red light. Yup. Kid said he wanted to grow up to be a cop. (Though even the idgit commenters there were all wtf.)

That Dad is an obvious copsucker, or else he would have taught his boy right.

phill4paul
06-06-2016, 02:04 PM

I remember the D.A.R.E. programs that wanted kids to rat out their parents in the early 80's.

Use of children as informants[edit]
"Children are asked to submit to D.A.R.E. police officers sensitive written questionnaires that can easily refer to the kids' homes" and that "a D.A.R.E. lesson called 'The Three R's: Recognize, Resist, Report' … encourages children to tell friends, teachers or police if they find drugs at home."[53]

In addition, "D.A.R.E. officers are encouraged to put a 'D.A.R.E. Box' in every classroom, into which students may drop 'drug information' or questions under the pretense of anonymity. Officers are instructed that if a student 'makes a disclosure related to drug use,' the officer should report the information to further authorities, both school and police. This apparently applies whether the 'drug use' was legal or illegal, harmless or harmful. In a number of communities around the country, students have been enlisted by the D.A.R.E. officer as informants against their parents."[54]

"In the official D.A.R.E. Implementation Guide, police officers are advised to be alert for signs of children who have relatives who use drugs. D.A.R.E. officers are first and foremost police officers and thus are duty-bound to follow up leads that might come to their attention through inadvertent or indiscreet comments by young children."[55]

As a result, children sometimes confide the names of people they suspect are illegally using drugs. In October 2010, an elementary school student in North Carolina brought cannabis to school to turn his parents in.[56]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_Abuse_Resistance_Education#Use_of_children_as _informants

BV2
06-06-2016, 02:05 PM
That Dad is an obvious copsucker, or else he would have taught his boy right.

Nah, man. 6 years old, according to google thats kindergarten. What do they teach kids first? To share and follow rules. I guess they've been expounding the curriculum. A Pedagogy for Stool Pigeons.

Slave Mentality
06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Nah, man. 6 years old, according to google thats kindergarten. What do they teach kids first? To share and follow rules. I guess they've been expounding the curriculum. A Pedagogy for Stool Pigeons.

It takes a village.

BV2
06-06-2016, 02:25 PM
It takes a village.
When villeins are desired, why yes it does.

Henry Rogue
06-06-2016, 05:00 PM
I agree. With the current cultural norm, I think government agents believe they can now openly commit any tyrannical act.
Guess they're up front about this stuff because either no one cares or copsuckers embrace it.

From the FBI website: "...use of informants to assist in the investigation of criminal activity may involve an element of deception, intrusion into the privacy of individuals, or cooperation with persons whose reliability and motivation may be open to question."

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/faqs

----------------------------------------------------------

Article:

twomp
06-06-2016, 05:32 PM
The government is so stupid. This will blowback on them like all of their other idiotic ideas. They are providing evidence to the people who were already skeptical of them in the first place.... idiots...

pcosmar
06-06-2016, 05:54 PM
The government is so stupid. This will blowback on them like all of their other idiotic ideas. They are providing evidence to the people who were already skeptical of them in the first place.... idiots...

This has been seen before,,

No one stopped it then either.

They cheered.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/nazi-propaganda-02.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=838

Observe,, as history repeats.

BV2
06-06-2016, 06:00 PM
This has been seen before,,

No one stopped it then either.

They cheered.

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/nazi-propaganda-02.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=838

Observe,, as history repeats.
Jeez, that guy must have asked them a really easy question.

oyarde
06-06-2016, 06:47 PM
If I was a teacher I would keep a list of children that are trustful . When the Apocalypse starts I can scratch them from including them into the militia rolls for training.

Suzanimal
06-06-2016, 06:56 PM
See something, say something.

This thread reminded me of this news story I read recently.

Boy, 5, calls 911 to report 'Daddy went through a red light'

QUINCY, Mass. (AP) — A 5-year-old Massachusetts boy may have a future in law enforcement.

The Quincy Police Department on Wednesday posted to Facebook a recording of a 911 call the boy placed to report his father had run a red light.

The boy tells a dispatcher: "Daddy went through a red light." He then describes the vehicle and says it was "in the brand-new car, my mummy's car." He doesn't identify himself.

When the dispatcher asks the boy what happened next, he says they went to the car wash.

Without missing a beat, the dispatcher asks to speak to the boy's father, who gets on the line and says, "Oh, no."

The dad then apologizes for the boy's call.

The dispatcher and the dad share a laugh before the dispatcher lets the dad off the hook.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-5-calls-911-report-daddy-went-red-220502886.html?nhp=1