PDA

View Full Version : 'White privilege' day

tod evans
06-03-2016, 07:54 AM
From Drudge;

Student unfurls Confederate flag in class, declares ‘White Privilege Day’

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/student-unfurls-confederate-flag-declares-white-privilege-day/

The police were dispatched and counselors were offered after a Wisconsin high schooler unfurled a Confederate flag in class and announced it was “White Privilege Day.”
A student at Nicolet High School in Glendale reportedly took out the flag during English class, a move school administrators deemed a “derogatory and offensive demonstration,” WISN reports.

“A teacher took the flag away from the student, and worked to de-escalate the situation,” according to Fox 6.

Police were called and the student, whose race was not disclosed, was suspended.

“This action disrupted the class and upset many students,” principal Gregory Kabara said in an email to parents.

“While district policy allows for students to initiate conversation about a controversial issue, it must be presented in the ordinary course of classroom instruction and cannot be disruptive to the educational setting,” he wrote.

“The student’s actions were a clear violation of this policy.”

The news station reports counselors were on hand to talk to students who were “upset” over the incident.

District superintendent Dr. Robert Kobylski issued a statement of his own, saying in part, “We conducted an investigation that resulted in disciplinary action. Fostering an educational community based on tolerance and respect is of the utmost importance to the administration, faculty and staff at Nicolet. Appropriate personnel are available to assist students who wish to talk about the incident.”

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 07:56 AM
“A teacher took the flag away from the student,.................Fostering an educational community based on tolerance and respect is of the utmost importance to the administration,

lol.

FindLiberty
06-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Apparently the global self-destruct button has been pressed, CONFIRMED.

Humanity is DOOOMED

specsaregood
06-03-2016, 08:29 AM
The news station reports counselors were on hand to talk to students who were “upset” over the incident.

I really don't know what to say anymore.

tod evans
06-03-2016, 08:32 AM
I really don't know what to say anymore.

You don't need to say anything, just keep paying these fine individuals.

helmuth_hubener
06-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Ha HA! This is excellent. Good for him!

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2016, 09:45 AM
A mass triggering...well done, young man! :D

tod evans
06-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Ha HA! This is excellent. Good for him!

Reported!

jkr
06-03-2016, 09:47 AM
He thought it was white boy day...is it white boy day?

tod evans
06-03-2016, 09:48 AM

You had your day, now shut the fuck up and like it...........

Anti Federalist
06-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Good for him.

Imagine what it must be like living day to day in one of those re-education camps.

Hell, I despised screwl when I was that age and that's 35 or more years ago.

TheTexan
06-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Hopefully he isn't suspended from school for too long. Would seem, he still has much Education needed.

Contumacious
06-03-2016, 11:02 AM
From Drudge;

Student unfurls Confederate flag in class, declares ‘White Privilege Day’

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/student-unfurls-confederate-flag-declares-white-privilege-day/

The police were dispatched and counselors were offered after a Wisconsin high schooler unfurled a Confederate flag in class and announced it was “White Privilege Day.”
A student at Nicolet High School in Glendale reportedly took out the flag during English class, a move school administrators deemed a “derogatory and offensive demonstration,” WISN reports.

“A teacher took the flag away from the student, and worked to de-escalate the situation,” according to Fox 6.

Police were called and the student, whose race was not disclosed, was suspended.

“This action disrupted the class and upset many students,” principal Gregory Kabara said in an email to parents.

“While district policy allows for students to initiate conversation about a controversial issue, it must be presented in the ordinary course of classroom instruction and cannot be disruptive to the educational setting,” he wrote.

“The student’s actions were a clear violation of this policy.”

District superintendent Dr. Robert Kobylski issued a statement of his own, saying in part, “We conducted an investigation that resulted in disciplinary action. Fostering an educational community based on tolerance and respect is of the utmost importance to the administration, faculty and staff at Nicolet. Appropriate personnel are available to assist students who wish to talk about the incident.”

ABOLISH GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS

specsaregood
06-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Good for him.

It seems many here are assuming this kid was white, I'm wondering if it wasn't a student speaking out against "white privilege".

tod evans
06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
It seems many here are assuming this kid was white, I'm wondering if it wasn't a student speaking out against "white privilege".

Does it matter if he was chartreuse?

The evil little bastard called for "White Privlige day" and had the audacity to unfurl the stars-n-bars in the middle of an indoctrination center...

Just watch, this type of behavior will be felonious within a decade...

[edit]

Some behavior similar is currently felonious;

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496026-17-18-y-o-s-grafitti-hate-crime-felonies

specsaregood
06-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Does it matter if he was chartreuse?
The evil little bastard called for "White Privlige day" and had the audacity to unfurl the stars-n-bars in the middle of an indoctrination center...
Just watch, this type of behavior will be felonious within a decade...
[edit]
Some behavior similar is currently felonious;
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?496026-17-18-y-o-s-grafitti-hate-crime-felonies

I guess it goes to intent. Was the student calling or a "white privilege day" as a positive thing or as another way to blame white people for all the worlds problems?

DamianTV
06-03-2016, 03:26 PM
http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/okwhyamericasplash.jpg

Either both should be okay, or neither should be okay. If either is given favor, then Free Speech has been prohibited.

ChristianAnarchist
06-03-2016, 03:32 PM
From Drudge;
Fostering an educational community based on tolerance and respect is of the utmost importance to the administration, faculty and staff at Nicolet. Appropriate personnel are available to assist students who wish to talk about the incident.”

"tolerance and respect"... Unless you are a "climate denier", "holocaust denier", "racist", or "Christian". Then it's ok to be intolerant and disrespectful.

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2016, 04:19 PM

Either both should be okay, or neither should be okay. If either is given favor, then Free Speech has been prohibited.
That second pic is an example of coercion, though. If you don't think so, google what happens to kids who don't recite the fascist meme known as The Pledge.
One of many examples: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/04/30/refusal-to-stand-for-pledge-of-allegiance-leads-to-lawsuit/

jkr
06-03-2016, 04:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDmDpzUAwzY

Tywysog Cymru
06-03-2016, 05:06 PM

That's what I'm wondering, too.

Danke
06-03-2016, 05:23 PM

Usually if they don't mention race it is not a white person.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Usually if they don't mention race it is not a white person.

Well, in this case it was, so.....there's that.

TheTexan
06-03-2016, 05:37 PM
That second pic is an example of coercion, though. If you don't think so, google what happens to kids who don't recite the fascist meme known as The Pledge.
One of many examples: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/04/30/refusal-to-stand-for-pledge-of-allegiance-leads-to-lawsuit/

If they don't like America they can get out

Jesse James
06-03-2016, 05:47 PM
https://ffrf.org/outreach/item/14030-pledge-of-allegiance

i doubt anything came of it.

Danke
06-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Well, in this case it was, so.....there's that.

Usually...there's that.

Anyway, you have a link?

DamianTV
06-03-2016, 06:38 PM

I do agree that the Pledge is coersion, but it is beside the point. Point being that some people are offended by muslim expressions of worship and others are offended by reciting the pledge. The intent of Free Speech isnt to protect the popular thing to say, but the Unpopular. Thus, it is more important to protect the right of someone to say something that isnt agreed with than to only protect what ones self has to say. Too many today insist on being heard, but would not afford that same privilege to anyone else, thus negating the entire concept of a RIGHT of Free Speech. If we keep going the direction that we are going, the Right of Free Speech will be completely converted to a permission, and that permission will be DENIED to everyone.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Usually...there's that.

Anyway, you have a link?

Ahhh, shit. When I posted I thought it was in the white,pasty, 14yr. old bangs a hot 24 yr' old teacher thread. Naw, I got nothing on this one. Mea culpa. :o

otherone
06-03-2016, 06:40 PM

https://www.gettysburgmuseumofhistory.com/wp-content/uploads/hitler-youth.jpg

Jesse James
06-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I do agree that the Pledge is coersion, but it is beside the point. Point being that some people are offended by muslim expressions of worship and others are offended by reciting the pledge. The intent of Free Speech isnt to protect the popular thing to say, but the Unpopular. Thus, it is more important to protect the right of someone to say something that isnt agreed with than to only protect what ones self has to say. Too many today insist on being heard, but would not afford that same privilege to anyone else, thus negating the entire concept of a RIGHT of Free Speech. If we keep going the direction that we are going, the Right of Free Speech will be completely converted to a permission, and that permission will be DENIED to everyone.
youre not forced to say the pledge

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Not universally true(see link I posted above).

Danke
06-03-2016, 06:52 PM

And you are not force to go to public schools...just pay for them.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 06:55 PM

There is nothing more patriotic than paying for your neighbors kids to be indoctrinated into the American Way (tm). Are you not a patriot?

Jesse James
06-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Not universally true(see link I posted above).
he got sued. did anything come of it?

Jesse James
06-03-2016, 07:14 PM
:(

DamianTV
06-03-2016, 08:22 PM

Speak for yourself, I know damn well I was forced in school to recite the pledge daily. Too bad it didnt take.

PRB
06-04-2016, 04:39 AM
Libertarians are the only people consistent on denying both privilege and racial stereotypes, the rest of America is either pro-racist or anti-racist (privilege theory).

Jesse James
06-04-2016, 05:52 AM
Speak for yourself, I know damn well I was forced in school to recite the pledge daily. Too bad it didnt take.
i guarantee you could have fought it. i never would cause frankly i have no problem with it but i went to a public school in texas and we werent forced

Jamesiv1
06-04-2016, 09:00 PM
'mass triggering'.... hmmmm

Flash Triggers? Trigger Flash Mobs?

(like the flash mob craze)

TheTexan
06-04-2016, 09:10 PM
i guarantee you could have fought it. i never would cause frankly i have no problem with it but i went to a public school in texas and we werent forced

The pledge is a privilege and a honor.

TheTexan
06-04-2016, 09:11 PM

Check your privilege..

Jamesiv1
06-04-2016, 09:21 PM
The pledge is a privilege and a honor.
Damn right.

Now please make your son sign up for the Army cuz I need a new oil well and I hear Iraq has some.

you don't need to mention that to your son, though ;)

Danke
06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Why just a day? I think we should have a whole month. Maybe three from all we have contributed.

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Why just a day? I think we should have a whole month. Maybe three from all we have contributed.

This^^ :cool:

LibertyEagle
06-04-2016, 10:14 PM

How the hell is pledging allegiance to the flag similar to praying to Allah, or whatever the hell it is they are doing?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-04-2016, 10:24 PM
"Unfurled." LOL.

He actually pulled it from his pocket. Guess he had to "unfurl" it for all that classroom breeze to display it.

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2016, 10:33 PM
How the hell is pledging allegiance to the flag similar to praying to Allah, or whatever the hell it is they are doing?

1) That is the way Orthodox women pray in church and at certain assemblies (very similar to muslims) 2) The pledge is a type of prayer-except to the State God instead of the True God. That's why Bellamy invented it.

BV2
06-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Fuck. I wore a confederate flag tee shirt to school on senior color day. It was a safe place to do so (mostly white) but still, I'm kind of astonished that I did that. I read Jefferson Davis's The Rise and Fall of the Confederate Government and I gotta say, there's that part in the beginning where he essentially says the preservation and expansion of Slavery was a central reason for Secession. I'll look it up if called out, but I'm too lazy now. ANYWAYS, HAVING SAID THAT! Jefferson Davis was a member of the contemporary elite, and as in all wars that elite angles at one thing while getting the people, that do the killing and the dying, to fight for another thing (Usually that thing is God, Family, or Country- particularly effective if there is solid proof any of the above are under attack, preferably if ALL of them are under attack.

I mean, Fallou...errr...War never changes. There are your psychopathic exceptions, but it seems like to me most people that go to war are not bad people. Nor would I say that going to war is always wrong. Peculiarly, singularly, when one particular of the above three is actually being assaulted.

So to bring it back to the flag, I dislike that I wore it that day years and years ago (if I had worn it to a bulls game, that would be a different story, because in that case at the very least it would have taken some bravery to do.)

Sorry for the long post, 420 and all. Memory Lane is a winding road.

oyarde
06-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Think of all the good it did for me :) ,LOL