PDA

View Full Version : America: Your Rage Over the Death of Harambe the Gorilla is Embarrassingly Misguided

Anti Federalist
06-03-2016, 12:17 AM
America: Your Rage Over the Death of Harambe the Gorilla is Embarrassingly Misguided

Matt Agorist June 1, 2016 12 Comments

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/americas-rage-death-harambe-gorilla-offensively-misguided/

Whether deliberate or not, through desensitization to violence, humans have become conditioned to value human life at increasingly lower levels. Nothing is more evident of this conditioning than the reaction to the killing of the beloved and endangered gorilla, named Harambe.

The death of an endangered gorilla is most certainly tragic. However, the sheer number of people to become enraged over Harambe’s death while remaining silent in the face of human slaughter is discouraging, to say the least.

In Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Afghanistan, thousands of innocent civilians, including children have been murdered by drone strikes alone — and written off as collateral damage. In 2015, the United States dropped over 23,000 bombs in the Middle East — nearly one for every terrorist killed leaving thousands of unintended human targets dead.

Millions have died in the West’s relentless pursuit of nation building and controlling oil, all of it is written off as “collateral damage,” and the clueless politicians march on. In the meantime, the public at large remains complacent and silent in the face of mass murder.

After bombing a Doctors Without Borders (Médicins Sans Frontičres, MSF) hospital in Afghanistan — and shooting at terrified victims as they fled the chaos, and then attempting to cover up its role in the tragedy, the Pentagon finally admitted to their crimes, but announced that none of the 16 people who carried it out would face any significant punishment. Americans and the mainstream media said nothing.

The U.S. government attacked a hospital with innocent charity workers, patients, and civilians, killing 45 people — and no one cares.

On the contrary, a gorilla is shot to save the life of a 4-year-old child who unwittingly fell into its cage and Americans are furious.

Thousands of American soldiers dead, tens of thousands more brutally injured, hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the Middle East sent to early graves, and millions more displaced, and it takes a gorilla to get people shaken up.

If the US government would bring to a halt all of its nation building, drone strike programs, militarized occupations, and 700+ bases around the world, you could rest assured that the “massive terror threat” would diminish to almost nothing.

Unfortunately, the US, in their relentless pursuit of empire, show no signs of stopping. Whats more, the unchecked decades of meddling and funding strategic terrorist organizations who supported their temporary interests have manifested into an actual threat.

The United States is attempting to start World War III by rattling the military industrial complex-sponsored saber at Russia and China, a move that could set off global nuclear war — and We the People only care about Harambe the gorilla.

On top of the empire building across the globe, the United States is building a police state at home. In the Land of the Free, citizens are killed by public servants at nearly twice the rate of soldiers deployed to war, and yet again — no one cares.

Do not mistake this sentiment as a lack of sympathy for the slain gorilla; it is entirely possible for one to grieve the loss of animal life as well as human life. However, it is the intention of the article to draw attention to the lack of sympathy for the latter.

It is natural to be angry at a gorilla being killed, but holding resentment toward the 4-year-old child, like most of the angry crowd is doing, is most assuredly not the solution. How about questioning the inhumane nature of zoos in general which put that gorilla in a hole in the ground and allowed for the child to fall in?

There are 10,000 zoos worldwide, with 25% of them in the USA. This is in spite of the USA only being home to 5% or so of the world’s humans.

Perhaps those people never should have been there in the first place. Perhaps if humans wouldn’t dump copious amounts of money into places that cage animals so other humans can gawk over them, then this entire ordeal wouldn’t have happened. But these things are too hard to consider when the establishment rabble rousers are clouding America’s collective mind with deceptive fury.

Anger at death is important, however, it should not be misguided into unhinged rage. It should be used to focus on solutions to prevent future deaths. And, it should not be selectively steered by the establishment. If Americans became half as angry at the unjust wars waged in their names as they have over the death of Harambe — peace would be here tomorrow.

Ronin Truth
06-03-2016, 07:03 AM
My rage is aimed squarely at just one more pathetic example of incompetent parenting. (Probably Hillary voters.)

I really doubt that very many gorillas do that.

Working Poor
06-03-2016, 07:55 AM
((((AF))))

I get your point and feel your pain.

jllundqu
06-03-2016, 09:04 AM
It's god damned madness. I beat my head against the wall everyday wondering how the fvck I live in such a society where up is down and right is wrong...

My (questionable) sanity is only maintained knowing that people here on RPF and elsewhere feel as I do... We are pilgrims in an unholy land. Hell... the absence of reason... whatever you want to call it.

Whatever it is, the people of this nation, and the world, need a swift kick in the balls, Tyler Durden style.

AZJoe
06-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Great article. Thanks for posting.

Humans have become conditioned to value human life at increasingly lower levels. … the sheer number of people to become enraged over Harambe’s death while remaining silent in the face of human slaughter is discouraging, to say the least.

In Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and Afghanistan, thousands of innocent civilians, including children have been murdered by drone strikes alone …In 2015, the United States dropped over 23,000 bombs in the Middle East … Millions have died … and the clueless politicians march on. … the public at large remains complacent and silent in the face of mass murder….

After bombing a Doctors Without Borders … and shooting at terrified victims as they fled the chaos, and then attempting to cover up its role …the Pentagon finally admitted to their crimes, but … none of the 16 people who carried it out would face any significant punishment. Americans and the mainstream media said nothing. The U.S. government attacked a hospital with innocent charity workers, patients, and civilians, killing 45 people — and no one cares.

On the contrary, a gorilla is shot to save the life of a 4-year-old child … and Americans are furious. … The United States is attempting to start World War III … and We the People only care about Harambe the gorilla. … If Americans became half as angry at the unjust wars waged in their names as they have over the death of Harambe — peace would be here tomorrow.

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Harambe was potentially dangerous. He might have hurt the boy. He had the ability to hurt the boy at any time. Therefore, he had to be shot.

Same logic applies every time the Police shoot someone who is potentially dangerous. A 12 yo with an airsoft gun? Better shoot him. It might be a real gun.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2016, 10:45 AM
My rage is aimed squarely at just one more pathetic example of incompetent parenting. (Probably Hillary voters.)

Meh, shit happens.

Gorilla or little boy being mauled?

I'd shoot the gorilla as well.

Ronin Truth
06-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Meh, $#@! happens.

Gorilla or little boy being mauled?

I'd shoot the gorilla as well.

$#@! is also often largely preventable. Save a round for that mom too.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 11:01 AM
$#@! is also often largely preventable. Save a round for that mom too.

Mom for not watching her kid. Zoo for not having a barrier that a 3 yr. old is capable of bypassing. And, yeah, in the scheme of things not high ranking on my outrage meter.

Ronin Truth
06-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Mom for not watching her kid. Zoo for not having a barrier that a 3 yr. old is capable of bypassing. And, yeah, in the scheme of things not high ranking on my outrage meter.

Mom watching her kid prevents it all.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Mom watching her kid prevents it all.

Zoo having an adequate barrier prevents it all.

angelatc
06-03-2016, 11:07 AM

I am guessing you don't have kids. If you do, and you are claiming that you never once lost sight of your child in a crowd, then you're lying.

Fuck this American tendency to lay blame for everything. This is nobody's fault. It's just a tragic accident.

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2016, 11:29 AM
I am guessing you don't have kids. If you do, and you are claiming that you never once lost sight of your child in a crowd, then you're lying.

$#@! this American tendency to lay blame for everything. This is nobody's fault. It's just a tragic accident.

Accidents never happen. It's always somebodies fault. And it always requires a new law, a new tax and probably a new government agency. It's for the children.

Ronin Truth
06-03-2016, 11:36 AM

$#@! this American tendency to lay blame for everything. This is nobody's fault. It's just a tragic accident.

We raised three to adulthood. All now alive, happy and healthy. Thank you very much.

I'm pretty hard-assed when it comes to even barely 'adequate' parenting.

Keep your four year old out of the gorilla pen, how tough is that? Send that mom a bill for replacing that dead gorilla.

That just might adjust and raise her consciousness.

phill4paul
06-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Zoo "barrier."

https://www.dailywire.com/sites/default/files/uploads/2016/06/zoo.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj4LVSIW0AAt66q.jpg

Occam's Banana
10-26-2023, 01:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/B5iMNi1.jpg