PDA

View Full Version : Almost 2 Million Floridians Have NO PARTY AFFILIATION!

LynnB
12-07-2007, 11:18 PM
As of October, 1.9 million have NO affiliation, and >326K have MINOR PARTY affiliation...
Voter Registration by Party Affiliation and County (http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voterreg/registration.asp)

Just puttin' this out there...

JeNNiF00F00
12-09-2007, 10:39 PM
I just sent my registration in this Friday under Republican. People like me who are finally waking up and doing something about this are still getting it together.

Honestly, we need more media attention, and rallies to show support to get people more involved. We need to pump the people up out in public, and inform them about RP and make it EASY for them to register. Make them feel like a part of something important. I went to the youtube debates and I was hooked from that, still it took me that time till just this friday to register. The enthusiasm from everyone has gotten me pumped up and actually interested in politics for a change. I would have registered much sooner had someone been out there gaining my attention in public with registration forms ready. Literally have the forms ready right next to a blue post box for them to ship it off that very second. Are there laws about this?

Not everybody has access to a PC(I dont own a printer so it was a pain), and a lot of people don't care about politics enough because as we know most politicians suck and want nothing to do em.

Sorry for babbling, I am just trying to figure out how to help get more attention for RP.

goRPaul
12-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Even more staggering is the 4 million Democrats whose votes won't count because their delegates have been stripped by the DNC. I've been using this as a recruiting tool, telling people that they might as well register republican and vote for the anti-war candidate.

We're doing a good deal of canvassing now, but we definately need to do more and more of it. From what I've seen so far, Floridians love Ron Paul, so as long as he does well in the early states, he should do well here. And if the blimp makes it down here as promised, that's going to give us a big boost.