PDA

View Full Version : Skepticism on Campaign's Use of Donations?

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
What's with all this?

Do you all really think the campaign's just sitting back doing nothing?

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 10:53 PM
maybe they are trying to spread it around to several states versus dumping it all into iowa and nh.

MozoVote
I'm OK with a measured pace of spending. Campaigns commonly blow it all in IA and NH and then pray for a win that will inspire fresh donors. Ron can plan ahead, and has the legs to go on.

I do hope they are making plans to spend the bulk of it by super Tuesday, though.

cien750hp
the campaign is advertising a ton in the early primary states. they're just doing the conventional radio and tv ads while the grassroots is doing canvassing, billboards, a blimp, and other publicity and advertising projects. they also run a very frugal campaign. so, no, they are doing a ton, just nothing thats getting media attention.

steph3n
12-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I hope they are holding back only to unleash some sweet new ads to bombard IA, NH, NV and SC with

rollingpig
12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
relax, timing is important.we dont want to peak too early like hack-a-bee

Ron Paul Fan
12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I think some have some questions, and that's ok because they do have good intention and they do want him to win. I'm ok with the spending thus far and I think they're going to up the ante here pretty soon. If I can trust Ron Paul to run the country, I can trust him to run a campaign. It's like Journey says, Don't stop believing!!!!!

Mandrik
12-07-2007, 10:57 PM
We need to control the stuff we have control over. We need to trust the campaign to control the things they have control over. They don't control us and we don't control them.

Oh yeah, and be patient. That's pretty important. I know, we all want to jump up and win this thing tomorrow, but we just gotta keep working at it day in and day out.

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
See, that's what I'm saying, but seems like I keep seeing so much negative sentiment, like Paul's suddenly going to just go buy an island in the tropics and live there or something.

I believe there is a calculated strategy being worked out. Fact is, as I mentioned in another thread earlier, the $12M probably pales in comparison to the leg work and voluntary intangible contributions put forth by his supporters.

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 11:04 PM
There is some valid criticism which doesn't go towards aimless skepticism and isn't planted FUD. Most importantly is the choice of and production quality of the ads that *are* running. This is an issue where there is no harm in being vocal, in fact perhaps we are not vocal enough. Given the transparency with fundraising and how well that has worked - I see no reason the campaign doesn't run a voting/poll/contest type thing right off the main site.

List the video specs in terms of quality, no copyrighted this or that - and let people submit and vote them up for the next week - use the winners in the big last minute Iowa/NH push. No reason to blow donated money buying production work that many here are probably equally (or more) qualified for and would do for nothing - and no reason not to harness the same creative power that has manifested in countless small ways throughout this effort.

Just an idea.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 11:08 PM
plus the independent advertising

-blimp and outside advertising

AlexMerced
I think their doing well, the poll have moved the way they've said they'd move when they said it would move. Ads are playing, colleges kids are staying in Iowa and other states, and there's been talk about a big ad campaign towards the end of th emonth.

I have no complaints, everyones been doing their part x10 in th capign and the grassroots

Paulitician
I honestly don't think the campaign is doing enough. Just yesterday, there was a great post that said the people in NH were getting tired of the same ol' ads, and wanted something more. Hopefully they know what they're doing, because I certainly don't what they're doing... or thinking.