PDA

View Full Version : I was polled today...

RJ Liberty
05-23-2016, 09:48 PM
So, I was polled today, and the caller asked about my political preferences.

She asked me if the elections were held tomorrow, would I vote for Hillary or Trump. I asked her about third party choices, but she said there were only two choices. I told her neither.

Then she asked if I had to choose one or the other, who would I choose. I said neither.

She said, "I'll put you down as a 'not sure'." But she'd already stated that there were only two choices, and 'not sure' wasn't an option, nor did I say I was not sure. I'm very sure.

Then there were questions about state candidates.

I hate polls where they ask leading questions like that. Ones where you're never given another option, unless you insist, then it's marked as 'not sure', which is surely not my position. The sad part is that this skewed poll will be bleated around in the media.

TheTexan
05-23-2016, 10:07 PM
You have entered the name Not Sure.

Is this correct?

RJ Liberty
05-23-2016, 10:17 PM
*presses 2*

luctor-et-emergo
05-23-2016, 11:04 PM
Then she asked if I had to choose one or the other, who would I choose. I said neither.

You could have said "I'd rather kill myself". I don't think she could put you down as undecided in that case.

But yeah, polls suck, especially if they do not include all of the candidates.

WHICH POLLSTER WAS IT ?

RJ Liberty
05-23-2016, 11:43 PM
You could have said "I'd rather kill myself". I don't think she could put you down as undecided in that case.

Heh. That's what I should have said.

But yeah, polls suck, especially if they do not include all of the candidates.

Oh, I don't mind taking polls, and have participated in many. But this poll was clearly skewed from the start. Still, I didn't play their game, so I'm at least happy about that.

WHICH POLLSTER WAS IT ?

No idea. Reverse white pages phone number lookup pulled up a company called Twilio, which is not a polling company; it's a cloud dialing service.

luctor-et-emergo
05-24-2016, 12:08 AM
Heh. That's what I should have said.

Oh, I don't mind taking polls, and have participated in many. But this poll was clearly skewed from the start. Still, I didn't play their game, so I'm at least happy about that.

No idea. Reverse white pages phone number lookup pulled up a company called Twilio, which is not a polling company; it's a cloud dialing service.

the DNC's web development team re-invented the political campaign in the Internet age, realizing the full potential of the web to organize passionate citizens, collecting contributions from an unprecedented number of Americans, and involve citizens in the political process like never before. "Running political campaigns is nible, agile endeavor," said Josh Hendler, Director of Technology for the DNC. "With Twilio, we can leverage our web development team and existing code to power telecom apps, instead of relying on legacy vendors. Hardware is hard. The cloud is simple. (Source, Twillio website throuhg google, did have to pull it from the source because holy shit that website sucks, it won't display text for me. https://www.twilio.com/customers/stories/democrats)

Could be the DNC.

RJ Liberty
05-24-2016, 12:14 AM
Awesome. Then they now know I won't vote for their fucking anointed candidate, even when given only two choices. :)