PDA

View Full Version : Elijah Wood: 'Hollywood in the grip of child abuse scandal similar to Jimmy Savile'

timosman
05-22-2016, 11:11 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/22/hollywood-in-the-grip-of-child-abuse-scandal-similar-to-jimmy-sa/

22 MAY 2016

Hollywood is in the grip a child sexual abuse scandal similar to that of Jimmy Savile in Britain, Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood has claimed.

The 35-year-old former child actor said paedophiles had been protected by powerful figures in the movie business and that abuse was probably still taking place.

In an interview with the Sunday Times, Wood said he had been protected from abuse as he was growing up, but that other child actors had been regularly “preyed upon” at parties by industry figures.

“You all grew up with Savile – Jesus, it must have been devastating,” he said.

“Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood.

“It was all organised.

“There are a lot of vipers in this industry, people who only have their own interests in mind.

“There is a darkness in the underbelly – if you can imagine it, it’s probably happened.”

Wood said the abuse was allowed to continue because victims “can’t speak as loudly as people in power.”

“That’s the tragedy of attempting to reveal what is happening to innocent people,” he said.

“They can be squashed but their lives have been irreparably damaged.”

Allegations that senior Hollywood figures have been protecting child abusers have gathered pace in recent years.

Anne Henry, co-founder of Bizparents, a group set up to help child actors, said Hollywood is currently sheltering around 100 active abusers and said a “tsunami” of claims was beginning.

Corey Feldman, another former child actor who started in films such as Gremlins, the Goonies and Stand by Me in the 1980s , has said that as a young teenager he was “surrounded” by abusers.

In 2012 he told a British tabloid that when he was 14 and 15 older men had been “leching around like vultures”.

The actor went on to suffer mental health problems, alcoholism and drug addiction.

Wood said he had been spared similar experiences while growing up because his mother had not let him attend parties.

“She was far more concerned with raising me to be a good human than facilitating my career,” he said.

“If you’re innocent you have very little knowledge of the world and you want to succeed.

“People with parasitic interests will see you as their prey.”

timosman
05-26-2016, 05:18 AM
http://www.inquisitr.com/3133747/corey-feldman-backs-up-elijah-wood-hollywood-pedophilia-claims-says-he-wants-to-name-names/

May 25, 2016

Earlier in the week, Elijah Wood made headlines when he opened up about the worst kept secret in Hollywood, which he says is the pedophilia that goes on in the industry with child actors. As a child actor, Wood has a very specific view of the entertainment business, and although he hasn’t accused anyone of sexually abusing him, he did admit that there are kids who were abused.

Child actor Corey Feldman, who saw major fame in the 80s, with movies like, The Goonies, Stand By Me, and The Lost Boys, claims that he’s one of those kids, and has since backed up claims made by Elijah Wood. Feldman agreed that the abuse is widespread and precisely orchestrated to protect certain individuals.

Feldman even went on to say that he would love to name names of the abusers in Hollywood.

Feldman’s frequent co-star and good friend Corey Haim, who died of the lasting effects of drug abuse, couldn’t escape the abuse, and was allegedly raped on a Hollywood set when he was 11-years-old.

Of Haim’s abuse he said the following.

“He had more direct abuse than I did. With me, there were some molestations and it did come from several hands, so to speak, but with Corey, his was direct rape, whereas mine was not actual rape. And his also occurred when he was 11.”

When asked to name names Feldman said he couldn’t because of the law.

“Unfortunately California conveniently enough has a statute of limitations that prevents that from happening. Because if I were to go and mention anybody’s name I would be the one that would be in legal problems and I’m the one that would be sued.”

Elijah Wood had said that he was able to escape predators because his mother didn’t let him attend any Hollywood parties, but for Feldman, he wasn’t protected in that way.

“Part of the time I was living with my mom and she was letting me go to the parties. And then the other part of the time was with my dad and those people were actually coming over to my apartment.”

In Wood’s original interview, it was intended to be a conversation about his new film The Trust, but turned to the “evil secret” of Hollywood, as the title says. Wood had compared the most infamous scandal of Jimmy Savile, who had abused 400 girls and boys, to what’s going on in Hollywood.

“Jesus, it must have been devastating. Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood. It was all organized. There are a lot of vipers in this industry, people who only have their own interests in mind. There is darkness in the underbelly. If you can imagine it, it’s probably happened.”

After the interview ran from outlet to outlet, Wood took to Twitter to defend his comments.

timosman
05-26-2016, 05:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JpHUaMBARU

https://hackin.org/intel/Hollywood%20Pedophiles/

FindLiberty
05-26-2016, 06:55 AM
RE: OP story,
Abuse damages the sole; who knows what sort of dark outcome could manifest itself later in life...

Sort of reminds me of the psychopathic "Kevin" character Wood played in the first Sin City movie.

enhanced_deficit
05-31-2016, 12:34 AM
This if true would be another low for Hollywood.

Untill now, major accusations had been not about abuse of children but about many in hollywood enabling killing of innocent children of other races.

http://www.wnd.com/files/2014/07/140728drones.jpg
http://unsavoryagents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/OBAMA_DRONE_SAMUEL_JACKSON.jpghttp://16005-presscdn-0-36.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/obama-drone-.jpg

AngryCanadian
05-31-2016, 05:39 AM
Drone polices wont change under Trump or anyone they are nothing more then puppets.

timosman
12-03-2016, 02:06 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/elijah-wood-jimmy-savile-hollywood-child-sex-abuse-scandal-paedophiles-a7452041.html

Elijah Wood hounded after his suggestions Hollywood had child sex abuse scandal comparable to Savile
Actor says his earlier comments, comparing an alleged child abuse ring to the Jimmy Savile scandal, were taken out of context

Olivia Blair @livblair Friday 2 December 2016

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/12/02/13/elijahwood.jpg

Elijah Wood has addressed the reaction to an interview where he appeared to suggest a child sexual abuse scandal had taken place in Hollywood, claiming his comments were taken out of context.

In May, the Lord of the Rings actor suggested the film industry had a child sex abuse scandal comparable to Jimmy Savile in the UK during an interview with The Sunday Times.

“You all grew up with Savile – Jesus it must have been devastating,” he said. “Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood. It was all organised.”

Months later, he says he is still receiving messages from people pressurising him to exposed the alleged scandal and perpetrators, despite stressing he has no first-hand experience of the allegations.

“Those quotes came out of me discussing a documentary I’d seen and were taken incredibly out of context,” he told The Telegraph. “But I now constantly get messages saying that I need to uncover the names of [the perpetrators], like I’ve somehow become a spokesperson for a whole group of people.

“Truth is, I have nothing to do with that world. I’m merely someone who is deeply disturbed by the fact that something like that exists,” he said.

In the original interview, Wood spoke of "vipers" in the industry and a "darkness in the underbelly" of Hollywood.

"There are a lot of vipers i this industry, people who only have their own interests in mind. There is darkness in the underbelly.

"What bums me out about these situations is that the victims can't speak as loudly as the people in power," he said. "That's the tragedy of attempting to reveal what is happening to innocent people: they can be squashed, but their lives have been irreparably damaged."

Wood, who was a child actor himself, said his mother had protected him when his career was kick-starting: "She was far more concerned with raising me to be a good human than facilitating my carrer. I never went to parties where that kind of thing was going on. The bizarre industry presents so many paths of temptation. If you don't have some kind of foundation, typically from family, then it will be difficult to deal with."

Days later, he clarified his remarks saying the interview sparked “a number of false and misleading headlines”, saying he had no first-hand experience of child abuse in Hollywood and was speaking to the reporter about a “powerful” documentary he had seen on the subject

donnay
12-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Eyes Wide Shut.