PDA

View Full Version : Reason Huck is suddenly doing relatively well, and why this is great news for us.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 10:32 PM
The Huckster is only benefiting recently because our fellow American's are just as disgusted with Rudy/McCain/Romney/Thompson as we Ron Paulities are. Once these people (who are mostly Evangelical Christians) figure out that even Huckabee is worthless (much less philosophically anti-Biblical), they too will change their mind. In other words, Huckabee is the last line of defense for the establishment before Ron Paul sweeps up the Republican party in a landslide.

Too good to be true??? Meditate on it for a little while and tell me why I'm wrong!!

Go Ron Go! Victory is growing more likely everyday ... keep our noise to the ground and don't look up!

Akus
12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
The Huckster is only benefiting recently because our fellow American's are just as disgusted with Rudy/McCain/Romney/Thompson as we Ron Paulities are. Once these people (who are mostly Evangelical Christians) figure out that even Huckabee is worthless (much less philosophically anti-Biblical), they too will change their mind. In other words, Huckabee is the last line of defense for the establishment before Ron Paul sweeps up the Republican party in a landslide.

Too good to be true??? Meditate on it for a little while and tell me why I'm wrong!!

Go Ron Go! Victory is growing more likely everyday ... keep our noise to the ground and don't look up!

You're wrong.
If I am a die hard evangelical who wears Christianity on his sleeve, why would I bother to research Huck? He said "Jesus" 11ty billion times, that's all I need to know.

curtisag
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I agree, Huckabee is an establishment firewall against an insurgent campaign by Ron Paul to retake the party and remove the neo-cons from power. But Huckabee is a very flawed candidate, and most people have no idea what he did in Arkansas. He raised taxes, he supported illegal immigrants in the state, and he freed a convicted rapist who killed a young girl after being released. His record speaks for itself, and once people find out, their only remaining option will be Ron Paul.

Akus
12-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree, Huckabee is an establishment firewall against an insurgent campaign by Ron Paul to retake the party and remove the neo-cons from power. But Huckabee is a very flawed candidate, and most people have no idea what he did in Arkansas. He raised taxes, he supported illegal immigrants in the state, and he freed a convicted rapist who killed a young girl after being released. His record speaks for itself, and once people find out, their only remaining option will be Ron Paul.
Nor
do
they
want
to.

That was my point.

rich34
12-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I spoke to a Christian lady I work with today and she asked me "what do you think about Huckabee?" I said he's a pro life democrat and his record on taxation and spending in Arkansas is worse than Bill Clinton's and she said REALLY??? "They said he cut taxes x amount of times" and blah blah blah. She seemed very open to Ron Paul, but like most of those people they don't research this stuff. She said now she's going to have to look into it more.

Akus
12-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I spoke to a Christian lady I work with today and she asked me "what do you think about Huckabee?" I said he's a pro life democrat and his record on taxation and spending in Arkansas is worse than Bill Clinton's and she said REALLY??? "They said he cut taxes x amount of times" and blah blah blah. She seemed very open to Ron Paul, but like most of those people they don't research this stuff. She said now she's going to have to look into it more.

Thank you for making my point.
Again.

DeadtoSin
12-07-2007, 10:42 PM
You're wrong.
If I am a die hard evangelical who wears Christianity on his sleeve, why would I bother to research Huck? He said "Jesus" 11ty billion times, that's all I need to know.

I'm an evangelical. I bothered to research Huckabee. You are wrong. Don't generalize people just because you think Christians are ignorant. I don't really feel like I'm in the mood tonight to hear that.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 10:43 PM
from my experience all u can do is plant the seed about ron paul to people who are unfamiliar or opposed to him. ive had better results that way versus trying to convert on the spot.

Lyn
12-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I hope I am wrong but I am worried about his surge. I just think the sheeple feel they have a candidate that doesn't appear as "weasley" as Rudy or Mitt and they're fine with that. They'll never do the research. Hopefully, the other camps will start bringing out his dirt and they won't be able to ignore the truth.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 10:45 PM
You're wrong.

You are assuming that most Christians are ignorant sheep. While, I feel most could use a wake up call every so often, let's at least give them credit for NOT going along with the UBER establishment Rudy/McCain/Romney/Thompson.

They simply see Huckabee as the only alternative. Once they see that he basically a liberal, they will back off.

Huckabee is Plan E for the establishment ... and it will fail too. Many in my Church have awoke to this Huckabee sham and have turned to Ron Paul.

slantedview
12-07-2007, 10:46 PM
You're wrong.
question for you: why do the huck lovers not consider dr. paul, or any other GOP candidate who is just as religious? does huck win by default just because he was a minister?

shepburn
12-07-2007, 10:48 PM
question for you: why do the huck lovers not consider dr. paul, or any other GOP candidate who is just as religious? does huck win by default just because he was a minister?

Huck does not win by default. They just haven't looked at him as deeply yet. This takes a few weeks. Not everyone spends 5 hours a day on this stuff like we do!!

Revolutn
12-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm an evangelical. I bothered to research Huckabee. You are wrong. Don't generalize people just because you think Christians are ignorant. I don't really feel like I'm in the mood tonight to hear that.

Don't take it personal... far too many Americans are so apathetic they never look into anything for themselves. Of course...we're working on changing that, now aren't we? :)

Still if you take the slice of single issue Christian voters and TELL them Huckleberry is their guy and they hear him say Jesus Jesus Jesus like Rudy does 9/11 9/11 9/11 then many of them will simply stop there, the way many neo-cons do for Rudy.

It's a human nature thing, not an attack on Christians solely.

Rev

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I didn't even read this thread. How many Huckabee threads have been made today alone? JUDAS PRIEST. Too many, that's for sure.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Don't take it personal... far too many Americans are so apathetic they never look into anything for themselves. Of course...we're working on changing that, now aren't we? :)

Still if you take the slice of single issue Christian voters and TELL them Huckleberry is their guy and they hear him say Jesus Jesus Jesus like Rudy does 9/11 9/11 9/11 then many of them will simply stop there, the way many neo-cons do for Rudy.

It's a human nature thing, not an attack on Christians solely.

Rev

I disagree. Think about the "pastors" in southern chruches who are democrats. They don't sway Conservative Evanglicals just because they say "Lord have Mercy" or "Praise Jesus". The Conservative Christian are generally more thoughtful than are given credit for. I sincerly believe that once Huckabee is exposed more thoroughly, that more Christians will look at Paul's Biblicial perspective.

Hurricane Bruiser
12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Well some Christians are certainly ignorant sheep, there are a number that do critically think. The critical thinkers are Ron Paul supporters like me of course but there are some who just aren't paying attention. It takes awhile for the bad news to get out about a candidate and some people always like to see the positive in people and not the negative. Also, people that vote based on "values" often give much less weight to other issues and that is what has led to the Republican Party looking more like the Democrat party on fiscal issues.

Just my ramblings.

Heather in WI
12-07-2007, 10:57 PM

You know I thought the SAME thing!

Akus

Because I lived in East Texas, and now, being in a DFW area, I have gone to a Baptist church for about 8 years. Because I've gone to plenty get togethers of local Republicans and heard what they said, which was frightening. Because Bush has won specifically because he wore Christianity on his sleeve, while his actions were anything but Christian.

I consider myself a Christian, but a religion to me is not a lithmus test for a candidate's fitness to be elected. I don't wear Christ on my sleeve, because I've seen way too many people, both in personal anecdotal instances and on TV who have done so and ended up having way too many skeletons in their closets to toot their Christain horn. I mean, look around. Pat Robertson, a holy roller bought and paid for who knows how many times over. Late Fallwell, who have made bogus videos about Bill Clinton in early to mid nineties and who said that lesbians and abortionists caused 9/11. And people do not reject them. They embrace their lies, they don't care that these people are business men and are no more servants of the Lord then I am Britney Spears. Those Christians are ignorant. I generalize them because I've seen and heard them way too many times not to. They truly do sound like there is some factory out there where they make these human like robots.

You, on the other hand, simply by the fact that you support RP, are not ignorant.

The Lantern
Huck does not win by default. They just haven't looked at him as deeply yet. This takes a few weeks. Not everyone spends 5 hours a day on this stuff like we do!!

I agree. Mike Huckabee is the Republican version of Mike Dukakis.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 10:58 PM
if he doesnt do well in iowa/nh he is going to have trouble after that. i dont think he has hit the 5million mark for fundraising for the year.

how can someone win if their campaign only raises 5million ?

shepburn
12-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Simply put ... we need to reach out to Huckabee supporters and convert them to Paul's message. I have never met a true Christian (sheep or otherwise) that didn't love the Constitution. Once they see that only Ron Paul can revive this document, the Huckabee supporters will (I'm confident) wake up and "see the light".

Akus
12-07-2007, 11:00 PM

Ignorance, either deliberate or by unawareness.
Wanting to stay in Iraq because Rush said so and Rush, as we know, is never wrong. Plus it's cool to be an armchair military tachtician. It's not you, after all, who gets blown up, disfigured and then treated like dogshit at the government hospitals.

A sum of those things.

Nathan
12-07-2007, 11:00 PM
And as far as Huckabee goes, here's an article talking about how he could easily tank.

http://www.observer.com/2007/so-much-huckabees-dark-horse-campaign

LFOD
12-07-2007, 11:01 PM

Only 5? ;) Lord help me when the primaries start.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Because I lived in East Texas, and now, being in a DFW area, I have gone to a Baptist church for about 8 years. Because I've gone to plenty get togethers of local Republicans and heard what they said, which was frightening. Because Bush has won specifically because he wore Christianity on his sleeve, while his actions were anything but Christian.

I consider myself a Christian, but a religion to me is not a lithmus test for a candidate's fitness to be elected. I don't wear Christ on my sleeve, because I've seen way too many people, both in personal anecdotal instances and on TV who have done so and ended up having way too many skeletons in their closets to toot their Christain horn. I mean, look around. Pat Robertson, a holy roller bought and paid for who knows how many times over. Late Fallwell, who have made bogus videos about Bill Clinton in early to mid nineties and who said that lesbians and abortionists caused 9/11. And people do not reject them. They embrace their lies, they don't care that these people are business men and are no more servants of the Lord then I am Britney Spears. Those Christians are ignorant. I generalize them because I've seen and heard them way too many times not to. They truly do sound like there is some factory out there where they make these human like robots.

You, on the other hand, simply by the fact that you support RP, are not ignorant.

good post. As a fellow Christian, I believe you have describe today's life pretty accurately.

michaelwise
12-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Mike Huckabee sounds like one of those charlatan preachers you see on TV.

castor
12-07-2007, 11:20 PM
You're wrong.

There is a reason this is funny. It is a stereotype that DOES have significance. (whether anyone would like to admit it or not) Why do the religious need to congregate weekly to have their beliefs affirmed? The more confusing the belief system, the easier it is to aquire a devoted following by repeating scripture and/or doing it louder than the next guy.

It is this reason why the endorsement of these religious leaders is so coveted. It is because politicians know that there are millions of sheeple that will follow their shepard without question. Look at Pat Robertson. How could anyone that follows the teachings of Jesus Christ support Giuliani?

Obviously there are many exceptions as there are plenty of theists that will read and make informed decisions on their own. But this type of group think does exist. Its dangerous to think that it doesn't.

Please believe me, Im not hating on religion. Im a libertarian. I just don't think people should pretend these kind of believers don't exist.

DRV45N05
12-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Guys,

we can't rely on this stuff to break our way. We have to go out and get the votes, and we have to do the work for the campaign that they need done on the ground.

This is going to be a hard fight with a lot of hard work.

LBT
12-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I also think Huckabee's rise is a positive development.

It shows that more and more Republican voters are not going to vote on Name Recognition alone. They are rejecting the shallow and inept messages of Giuliani, McCain, Romney and Thompson.

And as they look more into Huckabee they'll find more of the same shallowness.

His campaign cannot garner passion....it is just the last branch of a rotting tree. I doubt Huckabee can ever be promoted to the point where the establishment republicans can get passionate about supporting him. And because of this, the voter turnout will be low for him, even if he is polling twice as high nationally as Ron Paul.

acstichter
12-08-2007, 12:03 AM
You're wrong.

They won't have to research him. The attack ads will deliver it to them during their Hawkeyes Football game and Wheel of Fortune.

Huckabee is bad on immigration and it will tear his support apart. Also, several pundits say he is peaking too early and will fall before the caucus.

RonPaulMania
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM
There is a reason this is funny. It is a stereotype that DOES have significance. (whether anyone would like to admit it or not) Why do the religious need to congregate weekly to have their beliefs affirmed? The more confusing the belief system, the easier it is to aquire a devoted following by repeating scripture and/or doing it louder than the next guy.

They feel the need by a Commandment by God, not sentimentality. You don't understand what you are talking about so why do you continue to make comments that you can't understand factually.

I do agree with you that many who follow Huckabee because a Pastor says so mindless. Faith and reason must exist for their to be a true faith.

castor
12-08-2007, 01:36 AM
They feel the need by a Commandment by God, not sentimentality. You don't understand what you are talking about so why do you continue to make comments that you can't understand factually.

I do agree with you that many who follow Huckabee because a Pastor says so mindless. Faith and reason must exist for their to be a true faith.

I didn't mention sentimentality. Can you explain this a little better?

If you don't think I understand what I am talking about I would be more than happy to discuss the topic with you.

Since that was the first post I made in this thread, I don't see how I was "continuing" making comments of any sort.

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of me that you think I "can't understand factually" ... (my own comments?)

Not to play the devils advocate (no pun intended), but I find it interesting that you can criticize my 'factual understanding' but in the previous sentence, state that people "feel the need by a commandment by god".

OptionsTrader
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
from my experience all u can do is plant the seed about ron paul to people who are unfamiliar or opposed to him. ive had better results that way versus trying to convert on the spot.

+1

Plant Ron Paul seeds, and be patient. Let the liberty plant have some CO2, sunlight, water, and time.

castor
12-08-2007, 02:35 AM
+1

Plant Ron Paul seeds, and be patient. Let the liberty plant have some CO2, sunlight, water, and time.

I throw grill outs in my back yard. Everyone gets a handmade burger with Ron Paul written in ketchup on the bun. (I also grill up a mean RonWurst)

shepburn
12-08-2007, 08:03 AM
... besides Huckabee is peaking way to early

Minuteman
12-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I think the things being brought up right now about Huck will tarnish him but not hurt him to bad. I think what needs to be brought up for the average person

-All the border line illegal and illegal gifts he was given
-The fact he cost taxpayers 70,000 to furnish the Govenors Mansion

General things that hit more to home for the average joe.

Pete
12-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I think the things being brought up right now about Huck will tarnish him but not hurt him to bad. I think what needs to be brought up for the average person

-All the border line illegal and illegal gifts he was given
-The fact he cost taxpayers 70,000 to furnish the Govenors Mansion

General things that hit more to home for the average joe.

I have converted several Huck fans, and the thing that furrows their brows the most is his destruction of 80-100 computers in his offices at the end of his term.

walt
12-08-2007, 08:20 AM

fuzzybekool
12-08-2007, 08:36 AM
The Huckabee surge is nothing more than well orchestrated tap dance of the GOP power brokers and the MSM. The Ron Paul factor is now out of control and once again the MSM and Republican operatives are coordinating a deception on the American people.

GOP internal polls are showing Rudy and Romney have no chance in hell against Hillary, and since Ron Paul is not a neo-con corporate insider, they are and will continue to throw him under the bus. Huckabee is the "General Custer" of this race, and the last stand analogy is absolutely correct.

The only problem is there are too many "Indians" rushing up the hill of Freedom, and the GOP knows it. We need to keep charging. The city on the hill is ours for the taking. They know it. They feel it. They are trying to stop it. the GOP "Operation Custer" is doomed to failure.

How long will it take for them to give up ? Maybe when they realize the movement is just to strong, the votes for Ron Paul at the caucases and primaries too large a number to deny.

dude58677
12-08-2007, 08:43 AM
If people are sheep they will vote for Ron Paul becuase of his blimp. But we know he is more than that.:)

manny
12-08-2007, 08:45 AM
The Huckabee surge is nothing more than well orchestrated tap dance of the GOP power brokers and the MSM. The Ron Paul factor is now out of control and once again the MSM and Republican operatives are coordinating a deception on the American people.

GOP internal polls are showing Rudy and Romney have no chance in hell against Hillary, and since Ron Paul is not a neo-con corporate insider, they are and will continue to throw him under the bus. Huckabee is the "General Custer" of this race, and the last stand analogy is absolutely correct.

The only problem is there are too many "Indians" rushing up the hill of Freedom, and the GOP knows it. We need to keep charging. The city on the hill is ours for the taking. They know it. They feel it. They are trying to stop it. the GOP "Operation Custer" is doomed to failure.

How long will it take for them to give up ? Maybe when they realize the movement is just to strong, the votes for Ron Paul at the caucases and primaries too large a number to deny.

I think this sums up the reasons why they are suddenly pushing Huck up their imaginary polls. I'm afraid they won't give up. Even when RP becomes President they won't give up and will continue to try to control Congress, the Press etc.

However, please let's take some positive from Huckabee's rise. Why are some people liking him??

1) He's a Christian
2) He's perceived to be somewhat anti-establishment/ an underdog
3) They don't like Rudy, Mitt and McCain and realise instinctively that they don't represent them

Let's get the message out - on all these fronts RP is better than Huckabee.

Best of all - when presented with an establishment approved choice in Huckabee they're deserting Mitt and Rudy. We always knew the support of the "front-runners" (how laughable that erm looks now!) was manufactured and shallow and this demonstrates it further.

Please please please be nice! We might think it's ridiculous to support Huckabee but those are the guys who will support Ron Paul. Concentrate on the facts, contrast Ron's and Huck's records and ideas, basically give any Huck guys the info and let them digest it. We must not put your "standard" reublicans on the back-foot, forcing them to be defensive. Think of it more like enlightening them, letting them find out about the guy who really represents them.

libertarianbob01
12-08-2007, 08:56 AM
You're wrong.

It is with regrets that I acknowledge that Akus is right. Almost all the Evangelical Christians I've ever known are naive to a fault when it comes to religious matters. Almost all the Christians that I've been personally acquainted with in Memphis TN, Norfolk VA, and Dallas TX have been conditioned to trust preachers who talk Jesus this and Jesus that. :confused:

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 09:01 AM

They are ignorant though, that's the problem. When I was in the priesthood, I remember the campaign to get people to vote together in droves to change policy. They would almost never know anything, nor care about what they were voting for, but they feared being an "outsider" so they did it.

mosquitobite
12-08-2007, 09:13 AM
And as far as Huckabee goes, here's an article talking about how he could easily tank.

http://www.observer.com/2007/so-much-huckabees-dark-horse-campaign

And one only needs to read the comments to see Akus' points ;)

Corydoras
12-08-2007, 09:29 AM
If people are sheep they will vote for Ron Paul becuase of his blimp. But we know he is more than that.:)

Let's hope they do...
:)

Visual
12-08-2007, 09:37 AM
You're wrong.

Because many religious people believe in theocracy, which scares the bejesus out of me (no pun intended). Fortunately you aren't one of them.

Luther
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope I am wrong but I am worried about his surge. I just think the sheeple feel they have a candidate that doesn't appear as "weasley" as Rudy or Mitt and they're fine with that. They'll never do the research. Hopefully, the other camps will start bringing out his dirt and they won't be able to ignore the truth.

Romney has already invested millions of his own wealth into his presidential ambition. He is not going to give up without a fight, and that means attacks on Huckabee's record.

Adamsa
12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
It's like the best thing ever for a 3rd place Ron Paul finish in Iowa.

philipsantamaria
12-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Huckabee wanted to isolate AIDS patients (UH OH)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071208/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee_aids

jd603
12-08-2007, 10:09 AM
A lot of polls are bought and paid for, period.

The media is welcoming Huckabee with open arms to further divide the republican vote away from Ron Paul.

Did you notice the media is being infinitely more friendly to Huckabee than Paul? I did.

If you doubt "conspiracies" you need to wake up, these people are very rich, very powerful and they stand to lose a lot of money if Ron Paul takes office since the people who own the media also have money being made off our countries war mongering and overseas empire, not to mention the monopolies in other industries made possible by government regulation.

Akus
12-08-2007, 10:46 AM
I have converted several Huck fans, and the thing that furrows their brows the most is his destruction of 80-100 computers in his offices at the end of his term.

Wow, details?

itsnobody
12-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah, a lot of people don't research anything, Huckabee is just another liberal democrat

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
12-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I think the GOP and MSM NWOers are running scared. They keep trying to suppress our movement by ignoring. We made such a stir with our grassroots that they couldn't completely ignore us. Now they are going to get sloppy about ignoring and excluding us, and people are going to see through it even more, undermining MSM credibility.

I agree that Huck is just their last guy who they can try to paint as the frontrunner. Now that he is in the spotlight, his skeletons will become very visible and he will falter. As mentioned, he has peaked too early. Ron Paul would never face the danger of peaking too early, because he is not falsely propped up. If Ron Paul wins the Republican primary (there is no one left in the race to prop up after Huck falls), then they do whatever they can to get Hillary in. They will run Lou Dobbs or Bloomberg to try to funnel away voters from Ron Paul.

Pete
12-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, details?

The Tale of the Tapes:

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=29b3f942-6cd2-4e6f-984a-61dbfba5bf42

MadOdorMachine
12-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Honestly, regardless of how great Ron Paul is, he is a very flawed candidate too. The recent video interview with John Stossol would do great damage to him with evangelicals, particularly the question about gay marriage. To the uninformed Christian, he would be written off for this immediately.