PDA

View Full Version : TX - Man admits gay slur on Whole Foods cake was a hoax

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks asshole...just justified the surveillance state that much more.

Whole Foods accuser drops lawsuit over cake

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/whole-foods-accuser-drops-lawsuit-over-cake/196619953

AUSTIN - The man who said an employee at Whole Foods, Inc. wrote a homophobic slur on a cake has withdrawn his lawsuit and now says the company “did nothing wrong.”

Jordan Brown made the initial allegations more than three weeks ago. The openly gay pastor said at the time that he ordered a cake with the phrase “Love Wins” on it and instead got a cake with that phrase and a homophobic slur on it.

(It said "Love Wins F a g" - AF)

Whole Foods has now dropped their counter suit after "the truth has come to light," according to a statement from the company.

Brown said in a statement Monday morning that he was “wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story.”

“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in his statement Monday.

Brown continued, “I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.”

Brown was represented in the initial lawsuit by Austin Kaplan. Whole Foods immediately fought back against the lawsuit when it was initially filed with a countersuit. The company released surveillance video showing Brown purchasing the cake and also said at the time that they stood behind their team member in the suit

presence
05-16-2016, 07:16 PM
The notion that you could sue someone for what was written on a cake is fucked.

Danke
05-16-2016, 07:27 PM
And have a straight man done something like this, would Whole Foods drop the lawsuit?

Origanalist
05-16-2016, 09:35 PM
And have a straight man done something like this, would Whole Foods drop the lawsuit?

No shit, why don't they go after this deviant?

Cissy
05-16-2016, 09:49 PM
So the idiot confessed after realizing that some poor soul nearly lost his job over his hoax?

Origanalist
05-16-2016, 10:00 PM
So the idiot confessed after realizing that some poor soul nearly lost his job over his hoax?

I guess his hearts in the right place then, right? Too bad his equipment isn't.

heavenlyboy34
05-16-2016, 10:26 PM
The man who said an employee at Whole Foods, Inc. wrote a homophobic slur on a cake has withdrawn his lawsuit and now says the company “did nothing wrong.”
WTFF? Is that someone's dumbass idea of a joke?:confused: :eek:

Danke
05-16-2016, 10:31 PM
WTFF? Is that someone's dumbass idea of a joke?:confused: :eek:

He is a pastor too, a gay one, you should look him up.

heavenlyboy34
05-16-2016, 11:20 PM
He is a pastor too, a gay one, you should look him up.

Why? You need me to hook you up with him? I didn't think you were that shy! :eek:

Anti Federalist
05-17-2016, 06:55 AM

Reading the story closely, the employee in question is q u e e r as well, so maybe some guilt pangs moved him.

Had it been a straight white male...

Petar
05-17-2016, 07:03 AM
Nature abhors a vacuum (along with dirty butt-love).

juleswin
05-17-2016, 07:18 AM
Reading the story closely, the employee in question is q u e e r as well, so maybe some guilt pangs moved him.

Had it been a straight white male...

You really think he cared about some random gay person working at Whole foods? the man has no conscience and was all about the money. He is a pastors that I guess preaches the word of God and he still perpetuated this hoax, nothing about this man says he has any guilty conscience or guilty fangs tugging at him.

If you read the story well enough, you will realize that it is the video surveillance of the incidence and the counter suit that made him confess. Most likely, he made a deal with Whole foods to spare his ass. I believe without the counter suit and surveillance tape, the lawsuit would have continued if it was a random gay guy, friend gay guy, lover gay guy, white Pentecostal straight guy and even if it was his gay twin brother that was going to take the blame. And even if he cared about the gay community and this one random gay person, a small fraction of the possible $1 m payday from Whole foods would do wonders for the gay community.

From your article

Brown was represented in the initial lawsuit by Austin Kaplan. Whole Foods immediately fought back against the lawsuit when it was initially filed with a countersuit. The company released surveillance video showing Brown purchasing the cake and also said at the time that they stood behind their team member in the suit.

Petar
05-17-2016, 09:02 AM
You really think he cared about some random gay person working at Whole foods? the man has no conscience and was all about the money. He is a pastors that I guess preaches the word of God and he still perpetuated this hoax, nothing about this man says he has any guilty conscience or guilty fangs tugging at him.

If you read the story well enough, you will realize that it is the video surveillance of the incidence and the counter suit that made him confess. Most likely, he made a deal with Whole foods to spare his ass. I believe without the counter suit and surveillance tape, the lawsuit would have continued if it was a random gay guy, friend gay guy, lover gay guy, white Pentecostal straight guy and even if it was his gay twin brother that was going to take the blame. And even if he cared about the gay community and this one random gay person, a small fraction of the possible $1 m payday from Whole foods would do wonders for the gay community.

From your article

snicker

osan
05-17-2016, 09:14 AM
The phag pastor wants to apologize? He thinks that that is sufficient? How precious.

I would be pursuing criminal charges against him. Were it up to me, he'd be getting all the boot-sex he could stand, and more, by the kind generosity of his lonely prison mates.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Uh huh...I said, "maybe".

From your article

Danke
05-17-2016, 09:51 AM
That pastor is a real fruitcake ...

puppetmaster
05-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks asshole...just justified the surveillance state that much more.

Whole Foods accuser drops lawsuit over cake

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/whole-foods-accuser-drops-lawsuit-over-cake/196619953

AUSTIN - The man who said an employee at Whole Foods, Inc. wrote a homophobic slur on a cake has withdrawn his lawsuit and now says the company “did nothing wrong.”

Jordan Brown made the initial allegations more than three weeks ago. The openly gay pastor said at the time that he ordered a cake with the phrase “Love Wins” on it and instead got a cake with that phrase and a homophobic slur on it.

(It said "Love Wins F a g" - AF)

Whole Foods has now dropped their counter suit after "the truth has come to light," according to a statement from the company.

Brown said in a statement Monday morning that he was “wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story.”

“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in his statement Monday.

Brown continued, “I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.”

Brown was represented in the initial lawsuit by Austin Kaplan. Whole Foods immediately fought back against the lawsuit when it was initially filed with a countersuit. The company released surveillance video showing Brown purchasing the cake and also said at the time that they stood behind their team member in the suit

pastor.....LOL

limequat
05-18-2016, 08:27 AM
pastor.....LOL

I hope every member of his congregation thinks long and hard about this.

juleswin
05-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Uh huh...I said, "maybe".

I know you said maybe but I don't think there is even any evidence to speculate on such a reason. It is clear that the surveillance camera, his lawyer dropping him as a client, the $100k counter suit and the thing in the video(OP link) about him having until tomorrow(5/19/2016) to respond in court to the lawsuit by whole foods is what made him recant.

There is no reason to play the gender, sexuality and race card when every evidence point to something else. Also people steal, murder, lie about, defraud people from their own community all the time, there is no evidence to show that this criminal would let a gay stranger get in the way of a big pay day.

Mani
05-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Wow, what an asshole.

So when he delivers his sermon...."Do unto others..." does he complete it with, "whatever the fuck you want if it helps you get a payday."

brushfire
05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Why'd they drop the counter suit? Destroy that motherfker.

William R
05-19-2016, 09:14 AM

Yes because the guy doesn't have any money. This was a clear shakedown effort. He owes 28 thousand in student debt and is being sued by the people he borrowed it from. So he thought he would be able to score a quick settlement from Whole Foods. I've been shopping at that Whole Foods where this happened since it opened in 2005 and it has security cameras everywhere. Obvious this guy had no idea and from the video it is very clear he's lying. Case over.

Anti Federalist
05-19-2016, 09:47 AM
I know you said maybe but I don't think there is even any evidence to speculate on such a reason. It is clear that the surveillance camera, his lawyer dropping him as a client, the $100k counter suit and the thing in the video(OP link) about him having until tomorrow(5/19/2016) to respond in court to the lawsuit by whole foods is what made him recant.

There is no reason to play the gender, sexuality and race card when every evidence point to something else. Also people steal, murder, lie about, defraud people from their own community all the time, there is no evidence to show that this criminal would let a gay stranger get in the way of a big pay day.

Huh?

This whole story is about the sexuality and gender card.