PDA

View Full Version : TSA blames you for longer lines at airport security checkpoints

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 04:38 PM
TSA blames you for longer lines at airport security checkpoints

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/13/tsa-blames-you-for-longer-lines-at-airport-security-checkpoints/

By NBC4 Staff and Associated Press Published: May 13, 2016, 2:48 pm Updated: May 16, 2016, 5:36 pm

WASHINGTON (WCMH/AP) — Facing a growing backlash over extremely long airport security lines, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Friday asked fliers “to be patient” as the government takes steps to get them onto planes more quickly.

Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators, or through food courts, and into terminal lobbies. At some airports, lines during peak hours have topped 90 minutes. Airlines have reported holding planes at gates to wait for passengers to clear security.

Johnson said the government has a plan to deal with the lines but won’t neglect its duty to stop terrorists.

“Our job is to keep the American people safe,” Johnson told reporters at a news conference. “We’re not going to compromise aviation security in the face of this.”

(So how is corraling up thousands of people, unarmed and defenseless, with no clear path to escape keeping them "safe"?)

The comments reflect a statement released earlier this week after long lines were reported at Newark, JFK and LaGuardia airport security checkpoints.

When asked about those long lines, the TSA essentially blamed you in a press release, specifically passengers who bring too many carry-on items:

There are several factors that have caused checkpoint lines to take longer to screen passengers… including more people traveling with carry-on bags, in many cases bringing more than the airline industry standard of one carry-on bag and one personal item per traveler;

Passenger preparedness can have a significant impact on wait times at security checkpoints nationwide…Individuals who come to the TSA checkpoint unprepared for a trip can have a negative impact on the time it takes to complete the screening process.”

In response, some airport authorities are now threatening to dump the TSA and hire their own private security firms.

The Transportation Security Administration has fewer screeners and has tightened security procedures. Meanwhile, more people are flying. Airlines and the TSA have been warning customers to arrive at the airport two hours in advance, but with summer travel season approaching even that might not be enough.

In the past three years, the TSA and Congress cut the number of front-line screeners by 4,622 — or about 10 percent — on expectations that an expedited screening program called PreCheck would speed up the lines. However, not enough people enrolled for TSA to realize the anticipated efficiencies.

Congress this week did agree to shift $34 million in TSA funding forward, allowing the agency to pay overtime to its existing staff and hire an extra 768 screeners by June 15 to bring it up to the congressionally mandated ceiling of 42,525.

But that might barely make a dent on the lines. This week, the president of the union representing the TSA officers sent a letter to congressional leaders suggesting that 6,000 additional screeners are needed. J. David Cox, Sr. wrote that the $34 million just provides “a small amount of temporary relief for travelers” and defers dealing with the long-term, larger problem.

Additionally, the agency loses about 100 screeners a week through attrition.

Airlines and airports have hired extra workers to handle non-security tasks at checkpoints — such as returning empty bins to the beginning of the line — as part of an effort to free up as many TSA employees to handle passenger screening.

The help can’t come quickly enough.

Friday morning, American Airlines held at least five flights at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport because of passengers stuck at security lines, according to airline spokesman Ross Feinstein.

On the 7:20 a.m. flight to Las Vegas, 52 of the 160 passengers were not onboard 10 minutes before departure. American held the plane an extra 13 minutes past its scheduled pushback from the gate, allowing 23 passengers to hop onboard. However, 29 still missed the jet and arrived on later flights.

A few gates away, 27 passengers missed their flight to Orlando.

At another American hub, Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, security lines peaked at one hour and 45 minutes on Thursday.

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian told The Associated Press Thursday that “the longer lines get the more passengers are going to miss flights and there’s not much you can do about that.”

The biggest help to ease lines is to have more fliers enroll in the PreCheck program.

Launched nationwide in 2012, PreCheck gives previously vetted passengers special screening. Shoes, belts and light jackets stay on. Laptops and liquids stay in bags. And these fliers go through standard metal detectors rather than the explosive-detecting full-body scanners most pass through.

PreCheck security lanes can screen 300 passengers an hour, twice that of standard lanes.

The TSA offered Congress a lofty goal of having 25 million fliers enrolled in the program. But as of March 1, only 9.3 million people were PreCheck members. Applicants must pay $85 to $100 every five years. Most must also trek to the airport for an interview before being accepted. Getting once-a-year fliers to join has been a challenge.

(So, let me get this straight: you tell people how to avoid advanced screening, so that they can use the same screening procedures that were in place prior to 9/11? And people have to pay good money to be put in a tracking database? Fuck's sake this fucking country...-AF)

Johnson Friday said that 10,000 people applied for PreCheck Thursday, up from 8,500 a day in April and 7,500 in March. Still, at that pace, it will take more than four years to reach 25 million members.

Cissy
05-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Launched nationwide in 2012, PreCheck gives previously vetted passengers special screening. Shoes, belts and light jackets stay on. Laptops and liquids stay in bags. And these fliers go through standard metal detectors rather than the explosive-detecting full-body scanners most pass through.

PreCheck security lanes can screen 300 passengers an hour, twice that of standard lanes.

The TSA offered Congress a lofty goal of having 25 million fliers enrolled in the program. But as of March 1, only 9.3 million people were PreCheck members. Applicants must pay $85 to $100 every five years. Most must also trek to the airport for an interview before being accepted. Getting once-a-year fliers to join has been a challenge.

(So, let me get this straight: you tell people how to avoid advanced screening, so that they can use the same screening procedures that were in place prior to 9/11? And people have to pay good money to be put in a tracking database? $#@!'s sake this $#@!ing country...-AF)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Cissy
05-16-2016, 04:43 PM
See also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mIHdhQ0_k

bunklocoempire
05-16-2016, 04:48 PM
I thought they would've sprinkled in a little "booming economy, more people traveling" spin.

Lost opportunity.

"Pre-check", also known as the 4th f-ing amendment. :mad:

Brian4Liberty
05-16-2016, 04:51 PM
When asked about those long lines, the TSA essentially blamed you in a press release, specifically passengers who bring too many carry-on items:

There are several factors that have caused checkpoint lines to take longer to screen passengers… including more people traveling with carry-on bags, in many cases bringing more than the airline industry standard of one carry-on bag and one personal item per traveler;

Now what in the world might have caused an increase in carry-on? Apparently it was beyond the abilities of the author and probably Jay Johnson to figure out.

Bueller? McFly?

Ronin Truth
05-16-2016, 04:52 PM
I've been nowhere near the place. :p :mad:

euphemia
05-16-2016, 05:08 PM
We travel pretty light. I got a free pre-check on my last solo trip. It was very convenient. I wouldn't pay for it, though.

Bryan
05-16-2016, 05:22 PM
I've been talking about this with some people. The leading thought is that they want the long lines to increase sign-ups for the PreCheck program. Long term, you'll be a second class citizen if you don't sign up.

To sign up for PreCheck you have to be fingerprinted, pay an $85 fee and provide other documentation.

RJB
05-16-2016, 05:27 PM
I quit air travel because of these goons. I don't know what I'll do when they take walking and driving to this same level. It's bad enough as it is.

DGambler
05-16-2016, 05:27 PM
I said the same thing to my wife right after I read the article. However, I think it's more about making it easier to track you. You have to attach your precheck ID with your traveler profile, so they're going to know when you buy the ticket that your traveling... This is more about control and these long lines are being done on purpose.

I've been talking about this with some people. The leading thought is that they want the long lines to increase sign-ups for the PreCheck program. Long term, you'll be a second class citizen if you don't sign up.

To sign up for PreCheck you have to be fingerprinted, pay an $85 fee and provide other documentation.

DamianTV
05-16-2016, 05:54 PM
I wont blame the TSA or terrorists, Im cutting out the Middle Men and flat out blame the very existence of the TSA on the Govt itself.

Danke
05-16-2016, 06:07 PM
"Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators..."

How does one line up on an escalator?

euphemia
05-16-2016, 06:20 PM
The TSA at Laguardia and JFK can't keep their hands off my husband. He has a lot of friends in those two airports.

spudea
05-16-2016, 06:22 PM
this is completely backwards. every US citizen should be in the faster pre-check lane automatically

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 06:26 PM

I have to pay for a TWIC card, and since Lockheed Martin signed it over to some third party enslavement agency, I seem to be getting pre checked boarding passes for the last year now.

God how I long for the day I will never have to step foot in a fucking airport again.

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 06:29 PM
"Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators..."

http://www.cbc.ca/edmontonam/upload/2012/05/pointless_signs/escalator.jpg

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 06:30 PM
I said the same thing to my wife right after I read the article. However, I think it's more about making it easier to track you. You have to attach your precheck ID with your traveler profile, so they're going to know when you buy the ticket that your traveling... This is more about control and these long lines are being done on purpose.

Bingo

Danke
05-16-2016, 06:31 PM
I have to pay for a TWIC card, and since Lockheed Martin signed it over to some third party enslavement agency, I seem to be getting pre checked boarding passes for the last year now.

God how I long for the day I will never have to step foot in a fucking airport again.

You're complaining about getting pre-check boarding passes?

Danke
05-16-2016, 06:32 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/edmontonam/upload/2012/05/pointless_signs/escalator.jpg

A broken escalator or one purposely shut down?

Anti Federalist
05-16-2016, 06:45 PM
You're complaining about getting pre-check boarding passes?

Yeah.

I already have a "pre check", as bunkloco already noted...it's called the 4th Amendment.

God only knows what type of database my flight records are being put into.

Danke
05-16-2016, 07:02 PM
Yeah.

I already have a "pre check", as bunkloco already noted...it's called the 4th Amendment.

God only knows what type of database my flight records are being put into.

You can fly on a private jet without the extensive search.

donnay
05-16-2016, 07:07 PM
We heard the airport security lines were getting pretty long but this is ridiculous. . . dead body goes through X-Ray machine

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-0-image-m-44_1463397017553.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-3592732-image-m-49_1463399240089.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-3592732-image-a-50_1463399246643.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3592732/One-DEAD-BODY-scanner-moment-rotting-corpse-wheeled-airport-checked-X-ray-machine.html

:D

TheTexan
05-16-2016, 07:35 PM
Well it's certainly not the TSA's fault, they hire only this country's best & brightest

Danke
05-16-2016, 07:41 PM
We heard the airport security lines were getting pretty long but this is ridiculous. . . dead body goes through X-Ray machine

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-0-image-m-44_1463397017553.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-3592732-image-m-49_1463399240089.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/16/12/343B8B3300000578-3592732-image-a-50_1463399246643.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3592732/One-DEAD-BODY-scanner-moment-rotting-corpse-wheeled-airport-checked-X-ray-machine.html

:D

They made a joke about deadheading. I don't appreciate that, I deadheaded last Friday and I don't look anything like that.

Origanalist
05-16-2016, 09:30 PM
They can't blame me. I won't fly, hell, I won't even ride a ferry anymore. They drag their stinking sniff dogs right down the line of vehicles waiting to board. They can all eat shit and die as far as I'm concerned.

Danke
05-16-2016, 10:27 PM
They can't blame me. I won't fly, hell, I won't even ride a ferry anymore. They drag their stinking sniff dogs right down the line of vehicles waiting to board. They can all eat shit and die as far as I'm concerned.

You stopped riding ferries? That is a start . Can you speak with AF?

Origanalist
05-16-2016, 10:41 PM
///

Zippyjuan
05-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Lines are longer why?

The Transportation Security Administration has fewer screeners and has tightened security procedures. Meanwhile, more people are flying.

Zippyjuan
05-16-2016, 11:44 PM
http://fox8.com/2016/05/13/phoenix-sky-harbor-airport-a-mess-after-tsa-cant-check-checked-bags/

Thousands of checked bags miss flights leaving Phoenix airport

PHOENIZ, Arizona — Flying out of Phoenix to head to a wedding or another special event?

You many not want to put your suit or nice dress in a checked bag.

After a screening glitch that lasted hours, there’s no telling when it will show up.

Thousands of checked bags piled up Thursday at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix after technical issues with computer servers prevented the Transportation Security Administration from using machines to screen the luggage.

As a result, more than 3,000 bags missed flights, said spokesman Nico Melendez of the TSA.

The baggage screening resumed late Thursday night and the systems were operational, CNN affiliate KPHO reported.

Agents are testing the systems overnight to ensure it’s ready for Friday flights, the affiliate said.

Many of the bags were stacked up in a parking lot while their owners went on to their destinations.

Before screening resumed, there were a lot of grumpy people at the airport.

“It’s frustrating, yes. I’m tired, tired as everybody else,” one passenger told CNN affiliate KNXV. “I thought if this had happened before maybe there would be a better system in place.”

Traveler Mindy McLarren told CNN affiliate KPHO that some bags were being checked by hand.

“It’s very stressful because I hope that everything that I packed is still in there after people have hand-checked it. And just that it gets there on time,” she said.

McLarren said she took things out of a bag to be checked and put them in her carry-on.

Alternative system

Before it was resolved Thursday night, the problem had gone on for hours, since 6:45 that morning, the TSA said.

Officers switched to an alternative system and brought in additional bomb-sniffing dogs as the bags kept coming. Later in the day, officials brought in tractor-trailers to take some of the bags to other airports.

Officials advised passengers to go to the airport early and to avoid checking bags when possible. Flights where leaving as scheduled.

This was Friday. I never check bags.

heavenlyboy34
05-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Haven't travelled by air since the mid 90s, but still I hang my head in shame. :(

dannno
05-17-2016, 01:17 AM

I suppose with the "off" switch.

osan
05-17-2016, 07:35 AM
I recently spent a few days in NJ. Yes, I know.

I noticed that at EWR you no longer have to remove your shoes when going through security. So if they are not willing to compromise safety, then it would appear TSA has been lying to us since its inception when it forced us to remove our shoes, citing the dire safety factor, and so on. That, or they are lying to us now and are in fact willing to compromise safety.

Which is it?

EBounding
05-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Are they screening people before they come into the airport to stand in the cattle line? Looks like a much easier target than trying to get on and hijack a plane.

ghengis86
05-17-2016, 08:28 AM
I recently spent a few days in NJ. Yes, I know.

I noticed that at EWR you no longer have to remove your shoes when going through security. So if they are not willing to compromise safety, then it would appear TSA has been lying to us since its inception when it forced us to remove our shoes, citing the dire safety factor, and so on. That, or they are lying to us now and are in fact willing to compromise safety.

Which is it?

Yes.

ghengis86
05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
Are they screening people before they come into the airport to stand in the cattle line? Looks like a much easier target than trying to get on and hijack a plane.

That's what I always thought. Hell, I thought that about the Brussels airport a few years back and looks like the turrist thought the same thing and went and did it.

kcchiefs6465
05-17-2016, 11:09 AM
"If I were a Catholic, I'd have to go to Confession."- Jeh Johnson on the cruise missile Strike in Al Majalah that murdered some 21 children.

jbauer
05-17-2016, 01:26 PM
We travel pretty light. I got a free pre-check on my last solo trip. It was very convenient. I wouldn't pay for it, though.

My wife travels often. She says the precheck lines are typically longer and take longer then regular security.

Weston White
05-18-2016, 12:20 AM
Congratulations DHS and TSA you have managed to devise an environment for any willing "terrorist" to cause catastrophic damage on any countless number of holidays throughout the year--for "terrorists" no longer have a need to hijack aircraft, they can simply orchestrate a coordinated attack about the endless three-hour TSA screening lines.

...And realize that with every single unwarranted, demeaning, groping search; with each insulting, pointless interrogation; with each distortion of fact and reality; with each new ambiguous or ineffectual agency "rule"; with every baited ridicule directed towards those that question your agency's motives or purpose you are in-fact effecting the true motivation and goal of the "terrorists" you assert yourselves to be protecting your travelers from. Ergo, they no longer need to attack us--AMERICANS, they have got you doing that task just fine on their behalf.

Danke
05-18-2016, 12:26 AM
My wife travels often. She says the precheck lines are typically longer and take longer then regular security.

That has not been my experience

Danke
05-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Congratulations DHS and TSA you have managed to devise an environment for any willing "terrorist" to cause catastrophic damage on any countless number of holidays throughout the year--for "terrorists" no longer have a need to hijack aircraft, they can simply orchestrate a coordinated attack about the endless three-hour TSA screening lines.

...And realize that with every single unwarranted, demeaning, groping search; with each insulting, pointless interrogation; with each distortion of fact and reality; with each new ambiguous or ineffectual agency "rule"; with every baited ridicule directed towards those that question your agency's motives or purpose you are in-fact effecting the true motivation and goal of the "terrorists" you assert yourselves to be protecting your travelers from. Ergo, they no longer need to attack us--AMERICANS, they have got you doing that task just fine on their behalf.

They could also just go to a crowded mall or movie theater.

Weston White
05-18-2016, 12:31 AM
They could also just go to a crowded mall or movie theater.

Would not be the same population density and it does not provide the same psychological impact or elicit the same irrationally heightened response in fear.

Danke
05-18-2016, 12:41 AM
Would not be the same population density and it does not provide the same psychological impact or elicit the same irrationally heightened response in fear.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F079012-0030,_Berlin,_Michael_Jackson-Konzert,_Wartende.jpg

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2011/08/3418074.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

A lot of public venues have large crowds.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2016, 01:27 AM

Yep, that.

Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

phill4paul
05-18-2016, 06:51 AM
Someone I know just did round trip out of state. From smaller airport. Just a carryon and (1) personal item (another bag). She was "red carded", I hadn't heard of this, which is a random card that allows the passenger to move through without the search. When she got back she was unpacking her bag and felt one of the pockets. Thinking she didn't put anything in there she looked in it. She found a glass smoking bowl and a tiny bit of weed that must have been in there for two years or more. Lol. That might have ended her trip real quick.

pcosmar
05-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Well it's certainly not the TSA's fault, they hire only this country's best & brightest

doing the jobs real Americans won't do. :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
05-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Probably not related at all, but many people now carry on all their luggage to avoid airline fees for checked bags. Nah, that couldn't be it. Economic incentives and punishments never effect human behavior, and certainly not in ways unanticipated by central planners.

sam1952
05-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Someone I know just did round trip out of state. From smaller airport. Just a carryon and (1) personal item (another bag). She was "red carded", I hadn't heard of this, which is a random card that allows the passenger to move through without the search. When she got back she was unpacking her bag and felt one of the pockets. Thinking she didn't put anything in there she looked in it. She found a glass smoking bowl and a tiny bit of weed that must have been in there for two years or more. Lol. That might have ended her trip real quick.

Myself was surprised when my carry on went through the x-ray machine and they curiously looked at it few times. they pulled it off the line and fumbled around then the agent pulled out a loaded .380 magazine much to my surprise. They looked at me I looked at them and thought oh shit, they're going to strip search me then who knows what else.

They asked why it was there and did I have the gun it went to. I explained as I drove to FL I separated my magazine from my firearm going through non-recipratory states and left the magazzine in my suitcase. No I did not have the gun.

Honestly this is where things got weird. They confiscated the magazine and ammunition but returned my leather mag holder. They ran my drivers license, asked a few questions about small towns in my area that only a local would know. This all took about 5 minutes. I was told I would receive a letter and not to ignore it. I was at my gate and headed home.

All in all I was surprised and impressed with the experience (not what everyone was expecting I know). Six months later I received a letter from TSA giving me a list of prohibited items and a warning.

I then applied for pre-check and received it which I was doubtful about qualifying for... go figure

ZENemy
05-18-2016, 12:31 PM
What we allow is what will continue.

DamianTV
05-18-2016, 04:26 PM
http://static.infowars.com/politicalsidebarimage/tsa_express_large.jpg

juleswin
05-18-2016, 04:33 PM

Never gonna happen with me. I still make them pat me down whenever I fly, I also make sure to be at the airport at least 2 hrs before my flight and this is even with national flights

DamianTV
05-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Never gonna happen with me. I still make them pat me down whenever I fly, I also make sure to be at the airport at least 2 hrs before my flight and this is even with national flights

Illusion of Convenience where being "unregistered" and "free" is very inconvenient.

TheTexan
05-18-2016, 04:57 PM
doing the jobs real Americans won't do. :rolleyes:

While passing through security the other day, I heard someone thank the TSA employee for doing what he does.

I meant to find that guy and thank him for thanking the TSA agent but I couldnt find him.

timosman
05-18-2016, 05:00 PM
While passing through security the other day, I heard someone thank the TSA employee for doing what he does.

I meant to find that guy and thank him for thanking the TSA agent but I couldnt find him.

It might have been a display of sarcasm. :cool:

TheTexan
05-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Myself was surprised when my carry on went through the x-ray machine and they curiously looked at it few times. they pulled it off the line and fumbled around then the agent pulled out a loaded .380 magazine much to my surprise. They looked at me I looked at them and thought oh shit, they're going to strip search me then who knows what else.

They asked why it was there and did I have the gun it went to. I explained as I drove to FL I separated my magazine from my firearm going through non-recipratory states and left the magazzine in my suitcase. No I did not have the gun.

Honestly this is where things got weird. They confiscated the magazine and ammunition but returned my leather mag holder. They ran my drivers license, asked a few questions about small towns in my area that only a local would know. This all took about 5 minutes. I was told I would receive a letter and not to ignore it. I was at my gate and headed home.

All in all I was surprised and impressed with the experience (not what everyone was expecting I know). Six months later I received a letter from TSA giving me a list of prohibited items and a warning.

I then applied for pre-check and received it which I was doubtful about qualifying for... go figure

What a nice story! I hope you sent them a thank you letter, for the pleasant experience they were able to provide.

sam1952
05-18-2016, 10:53 PM
What a nice story! I hope you sent them a thank you letter, for the pleasant experience they were able to provide.

They are on my Christmas card list

Mani
05-19-2016, 12:36 AM
“Our job is to keep the American people safe,” Johnson told reporters at a news conference. “We’re not going to compromise aviation security in the face of this.”

Because the TSA has thwarted so many attacks in the past decade right?? :rolleyes:

Mani
05-19-2016, 12:41 AM
That's what I always thought. Hell, I thought that about the Brussels airport a few years back and looks like the turrist thought the same thing and went and did it.

Some of the asian airports I have visited you cant even get into the airport without a valid boarding pass and passport, and at the very entrance there is an xray machine just to get into the airport.

In terms of keeping travelers and planes safe, that seemed to be a more effective measure...

Mani
05-19-2016, 12:51 AM

While after several trips to Japan I will agree with the sentiment they are well known for their efficiency and good customer service, pretty top notch overall, however, my very first trip to Japan was a rather scary moment. After deplaning and walking around for a bit the 200+ passengers followed the signs up the escalator. At the TOP of the escalator less than 10 feet away was a gate. The metal shutter was not open so people stood in front of it and waited......within a few seconds the entire top of the escalator was full of people waiting for the gate to open, but there's another 100 people being brought up the escalator. It got pretty crazy for a few seconds as people starting piling into each other and there was no way to stop it as you'd look below and there's still 100 people coming up the escalator. Thankfully the gate opened before it became true carnage of bodies piling on, people being tossed off the escalator or falling down. It looked like it was about to be a massive train wreck.

Here I am halfway up the escalator and I see people slamming into each other at the top, people starting to scream as they can't stop themselves from going forward while they see a wall a people in front of them. There's no more room at the top but tons of people keep piling on. WOW, that was a freaky experience. Almost death by escalator. Felt like Lemmings falling off a cliff.

jbauer
05-19-2016, 08:14 AM
They are on my Christmas card list

You do know that Christmas is now a terrorism word right?

sam1952
05-19-2016, 08:39 AM
No, I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Damn, i'm flying tomorrow too. Hope I didn't loose my pre-check.

Somebody better tell Charlie Brown, poor kid :(

Danke
05-19-2016, 11:38 AM

That was probably me, I always thank the TSA agents.

oyarde
05-19-2016, 03:23 PM
That was probably me, I always thank the TSA agents.

Thanks for picking up my slack .

Danke
05-19-2016, 03:36 PM
Thanks for picking up my slack .

You fly? I thought you were on the no-fly list.

timosman
05-19-2016, 04:36 PM
While after several trips to Japan I will agree with the sentiment they are well known for their efficiency and good customer service, pretty top notch overall, however, my very first trip to Japan was a rather scary moment. After deplaning and walking around for a bit the 200+ passengers followed the signs up the escalator. At the TOP of the escalator less than 10 feet away was a gate. The metal shutter was not open so people stood in front of it and waited......within a few seconds the entire top of the escalator was full of people waiting for the gate to open, but there's another 100 people being brought up the escalator. It got pretty crazy for a few seconds as people starting piling into each other and there was no way to stop it as you'd look below and there's still 100 people coming up the escalator. Thankfully the gate opened before it became true carnage of bodies piling on, people being tossed off the escalator or falling down. It looked like it was about to be a massive train wreck.

Here I am halfway up the escalator and I see people slamming into each other at the top, people starting to scream as they can't stop themselves from going forward while they see a wall a people in front of them. There's no more room at the top but tons of people keep piling on. WOW, that was a freaky experience. Almost death by escalator. Felt like Lemmings falling off a cliff.

Nobody noticed the big red button labeled STOP on the escalator? :confused:

oyarde
05-19-2016, 05:58 PM
You fly? I thought you were on the no-fly list.

I am a Great American , they cannot embarrass themselves and put me on any lists.

Danke
05-19-2016, 06:05 PM
I am a Great American....

Lol

Origanalist
05-19-2016, 06:20 PM
TSA blames me, I blame Danke for sucking up to retards in uniform.

Mani
05-19-2016, 09:36 PM
Nobody noticed the big red button labeled STOP on the escalator? :confused:

Didn't see one....

Although maybe at the bottom there was one but no one could read Japanese. :D

Suzanimal
05-19-2016, 10:06 PM
It's not my fault, I rarely fly. The TSA can kiss my ass.

GunnyFreedom
05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
http://fox8.com/2016/05/13/phoenix-sky-harbor-airport-a-mess-after-tsa-cant-check-checked-bags/

This was Friday. I never check bags.

Can't carry hand tools and power tools in a carry on.

Suzanimal
05-27-2016, 03:19 PM
The TSA Is So Bad That Delta Has Had to Install Its Own Ultra-Efficient Security Checkpoints

To help alleviate long lines at Atlanta’s airport, Delta spent more than a million dollars to install a pair of new high-tech security lanes that can handle more passengers simultaneously. When even the airlines, who are happy to charge passengers extra to sit next to their family members, thinks the TSA is doing a bad job, you know there’s a problem.

The innovation lanes, as Delta’s PR team calls them, still require passengers to shuffle through a metal detector—you can’t escape that part yet. But they allow five passengers at a time to put all of their belongings into those large plastic bins for scanning, instead of the painfully slow one-at-a-time process that currently exists at most airports.

An automatic conveyor system then moves the bins along into the X-ray machine, so that passengers don’t have to wait around to push them through themselves. Bags that require further inspection are automatically re-routed to another area as they leave the X-ray scanner, so there’s less confusion as to which one needs to be opened.

The new innovation lanes also automatically return empty bins back to the start of the line, so travelers aren’t left standing around waiting for a TSA agent—whose time could be better spent elsewhere—to slowly stack and carry them back. Unfortunately, having just two of these installed in Atlanta will in no way resolve the problem of excruciatingly long TSA lines that exists across the country, but it might show other airports that there is a better way.

http://gizmodo.com/the-tsa-is-so-bad-that-delta-has-installed-its-own-ultr-1779118856?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_faceboo k&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Contumacious
05-27-2016, 03:29 PM
TSA blames you for longer lines at airport security checkpoints

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/13/tsa-blames-you-for-longer-lines-at-airport-security-checkpoints/

By NBC4 Staff and Associated Press Published: May 13, 2016, 2:48 pm Updated: May 16, 2016, 5:36 pm

WASHINGTON (WCMH/AP) — Facing a growing backlash over extremely long airport security lines, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson on Friday asked fliers “to be patient” as the government takes steps to get them onto planes more quickly.

Travelers across the country have endured lengthy lines, some snaking up and down escalators, or through food courts, and into terminal lobbies. At some airports, lines during peak hours have topped 90 minutes. Airlines have reported holding planes at gates to wait for passengers to clear security.

Johnson said the government has a plan to deal with the lines but won’t neglect its duty to stop terrorists.

(So how is corraling up thousands of people, unarmed and defenseless, with no clear path to escape keeping them "safe"?)

The comments reflect a statement released earlier this week after long lines were reported at Newark, JFK and LaGuardia airport security checkpoints.

Passenger preparedness can have a significant impact on wait times at security checkpoints nationwide…Individuals who come to the TSA checkpoint unprepared for a trip can have a negative impact on the time it takes to complete the screening process.”

In response, some airport authorities are now threatening to dump the TSA and hire their own private security firms.

The Transportation Security Administration has fewer screeners and has tightened security procedures. Meanwhile, more people are flying. Airlines and the TSA have been warning customers to arrive at the airport two hours in advance, but with summer travel season approaching even that might not be enough.

In the past three years, the TSA and Congress cut the number of front-line screeners by 4,622 — or about 10 percent — on expectations that an expedited screening program called PreCheck would speed up the lines. However, not enough people enrolled for TSA to realize the anticipated efficiencies.

Congress this week did agree to shift $34 million in TSA funding forward, allowing the agency to pay overtime to its existing staff and hire an extra 768 screeners by June 15 to bring it up to the congressionally mandated ceiling of 42,525.

But that might barely make a dent on the lines. This week, the president of the union representing the TSA officers sent a letter to congressional leaders suggesting that 6,000 additional screeners are needed. J. David Cox, Sr. wrote that the $34 million just provides “a small amount of temporary relief for travelers” and defers dealing with the long-term, larger problem.

Airlines and airports have hired extra workers to handle non-security tasks at checkpoints — such as returning empty bins to the beginning of the line — as part of an effort to free up as many TSA employees to handle passenger screening.

The help can’t come quickly enough.

Friday morning, American Airlines held at least five flights at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport because of passengers stuck at security lines, according to airline spokesman Ross Feinstein.

On the 7:20 a.m. flight to Las Vegas, 52 of the 160 passengers were not onboard 10 minutes before departure. American held the plane an extra 13 minutes past its scheduled pushback from the gate, allowing 23 passengers to hop onboard. However, 29 still missed the jet and arrived on later flights.

A few gates away, 27 passengers missed their flight to Orlando.

At another American hub, Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, security lines peaked at one hour and 45 minutes on Thursday.

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian told The Associated Press Thursday that “the longer lines get the more passengers are going to miss flights and there’s not much you can do about that.”

The biggest help to ease lines is to have more fliers enroll in the PreCheck program.

(So, let me get this straight: you tell people how to avoid advanced screening, so that they can use the same screening procedures that were in place prior to 9/11? And people have to pay good money to be put in a tracking database? $#@!'s sake this $#@!ing country...-AF)

Johnson Friday said that 10,000 people applied for PreCheck Thursday, up from 8,500 a day in April and 7,500 in March. Still, at that pace, it will take more than four years to reach 25 million members.

Typical fascist bull s h i t.

Even though I have NEVER advocated that the federal government meddle in the internal affairs of other nations, according to the sons of bitches it is still my fault.

Even though I never suggested that Harry S Truman recognize the Jewish State making the majority of residents - 1.5 Muslims - foreigners in their own land,it is still my fault. Even though I never suggested that Harry S Truman declare that the US would permanently militarily defend the new Jewish State it is still my fault.

The TSA bastards are implying that if you acquire " The National (Socialist) ID Card (https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/12/ron-paul/the-national-socialist-id-card/)" then you will go through their checkpoints in 10 minutes.

And of course, since Article III courts have been abolished we are on our own.

Danke
05-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Just went thru security in Beijing. A young, very fit gal in uniform felt me all over, so I decided to exit and go through that again. Just make sure she didn't miss anything. Safety first.

Suzanimal
05-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Just went thru security in Beijing. A young, very fit gal in uniform felt me all over, so I decided to exit and go through that again. Just make sure she didn't miss anything. Safety first.

Oh goody, maybe you'll get a cavity search.

Danke
05-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Oh goody, maybe you'll get a cavity search.

I'm getting a Chinese phrasebook for next time I go.

phill4paul
05-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Have to take sis and niece tomorrow. They have to show up 2hrs. early. Hope they make the flight or it might be a long stay in the waiting area for the next. Once I drive away I'm gone.

Contumacious
05-27-2016, 07:12 PM

OK then That was a case of BOTH parties benefiting. Here is the states we have ugly 300 pounders.

Suzanimal
05-28-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm getting a Chinese phrasebook for next time I go.

First date idea...

NSFW photos at link

Beijing S&M Restaurant Is A Hit With Customers

With drinks served in breast-shaped cups and beers opened with bottle openers shaped like a wooden penis, the father and daughter team:eek: behind a Beijing S&M restaurant are encouraging customers to mix food with sex.

Owner Lu Lu, a 27-year-old divorcee, said business has been good since opening just under a year ago, with young Chinese streaming in to feast on seafood, such as lobster, under the gaze of mannequins wearing bondage gear.

Lu’s father overcame initial reservations about some of the decor and took charge of the kitchen, dishing up a menu that features items such as ‘Horny’ and ‘Sensuous World’.

Apart from one visit by police, Lu said, she has been left to continue to run her establishment, where inflatable naked dolls sit on shelves and waiters wear aprons with breasts on them.

That may change, though, with Lu planning to ramp up the kinkiness by putting women customers in handcuffs and getting their male companions to feed them.

One customer was keen for Lu to push the boundaries.”I think they could scale it up a bit,” said 30-year-old technology worker Eric Deng.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/beijing-sm-restaurant_us_5748a972e4b0dacf7ad4ecba?section=wei rd-news