PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Quiz - graphic geniuses needed

zaphod2016
06-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello all.

I am new here, so let me skip the baloney and get to my project.

ronpaulquiz.com

I have produced a few pro-Paul youtube videos, and blog about him frequently. Problem is, everyone that pays attention to my stuff is already in love with Ron Paul. In other words, I am preaching to the choir, and not really bringing new voters to the campaign.

My goal is to produce a site for undecided voters who may never have heard of Ron Paul before. I decided to go with a quiz because it is interactive. I hope to see this go viral through MySpace, facebook, etc. To do this, I would like to display a "badge" promoting Ron Paul for those who take the quiz. Something they can embed in their own sites.

However, I am not much of an artist. If anyone reading this likes the idea, and wants to help out, please let me know. All ideas are welcome and appreciated. I am happy to share this site with fellow activists so that it can become something special. The hosting and domain is no concern, and this is a non-profit, non-authorized endeavor.

I have seen some people accusing us of "spamming" our pro-Paul message on places like Digg. I think this is a legitimate concern, and something we need to be wary of. Rather than force Dr. Paul on people, I prefer a "Is he right for you?" type of approach. The bottom line is this: Paul is the best candidate, and almost everyone I talk to agrees with me after reading his stance on the issues. However, it can be hard to force a total stranger, especially one who already favors another candidate, to consider Dr. Paul. I think a light touch can be used with great success to pull new people to our cause. Just like Paul himself: soft spoken, rational and fair.

I also try to keep things funny. funny = interesting. interesting = viral. viral = every 18-24 y.o. voter has a profile on MySpace. If we can actually mobilize this voting block, if they *actually vote* this year, we can change the world.

What say you?

nayjevin
06-30-2007, 09:50 AM
this sounds good. what type of help are you seeking?

nayjevin
06-30-2007, 09:54 AM
i like the quiz alot.

i took the quiz without putting in the answers that i would put in, but some that others might... and think that it's possibly too scathing to those that disagree with Paul. i love the "UNDECIDED -- YOU HAVE SOME THINKING TO DO" banner that comes up at the bottom, it comes off as humorous, but for some reason the same words come off as an insult as an answer to my poll choice.

The answer to undecided questions should maybe give em something to think about, or a link to ron paul's opinion at www.ronpaullibrary.com

also, i think it could stand to be a bit longer of a quiz.

i think this idea has great potential.

empirenine
07-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Let me know if you need help and I'll be glad to offer my services.

Lauxa
07-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Zaphod, have you seen this quiz?

http://www.positivepress.com/president/survey.cgi

The big thing missing from this poll is the "badge" at the end, something with the candidate's picture and a little text that people can post on their blogs or myspace or whatever.