PDA

View Full Version : Would Hillary Be Worse Than Trump? Who Knows? - Ron Paul on NewsmaxTV

jct74
05-14-2016, 12:41 PM
Would Hillary Be Worse Than Trump? Who Knows?

By Ron Paul
5/11/2016

It's automatically assumed that Hillary would be ten times worse than Donald Trump as President. But is this assumption true? Who knows? We really don't know what to expect from a President Trump.

However, we do know what Hillary is all about, and Congress would at least be able to put some breaks on her.

Another very important thing to consider is Hillary's positions. They're really not a whole lot different than Trump's. In fact, I believe that if Hillary had exactly the same views and ran as a Republican, she would actually do quite well!

I discuss this, as well as other facets of the presidential race, on Newsmax TV below: (NOTE: I join the program at 2min 15sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtNvujnuyg

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/archives/would-hillary-be-worse-than-trump-who-knows

Ronin Truth
05-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Would Hillary's husband be worse than Trump's wife?

Without a doubt! LOL!

undergroundrr
05-14-2016, 01:36 PM
In fact, I believe that if Hillary had exactly the same views and ran as a Republican, she would actually do quite well!

I wish I could +rep Ron Paul.

cajuncocoa
05-14-2016, 01:57 PM
I think Hillary is less likely to go over Congress' head than Trump would be. She would sign some executive orders, all presidents do. But I think Trump would be far more likely to abuse that power. I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling I have. Also, since Republicans control the House and Senate, and since Trump is running under the Team Red banner, they might be more likely to give Trump anything/everything he wants. That's a scary thought.

Ender
05-14-2016, 01:59 PM

Ron Paul is DA MAN! :)

FindLiberty
05-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Revealing YT:

Step 1 - Call GOP voters stupid! ("they won't be offended, 'cause they're that stupid!")

Step 2 - Then pick another GOP insider candidate who did not win primary votes, because they can do it.

Step 3 - Enjoy the R/D status quo (NWO results are triple guaranteed)
--------- It only matters that Clinton and someone other than Trump goes onto that Nov ballot!
--------- and then, it won't matter who wins as long as it stays between the insider's approved choices.

TER
05-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Hillary as Prez with a Republican controlled House is better (IMO) than Trump with any House. Right now, given these two narcissistic self-serving professional lying autocrats running, I am sad to say that I am praying for a government that can't get anything passed in the next four years.

juleswin
05-14-2016, 03:56 PM

She would do gang busters if she also pays lip service about the wall and politically incorrectness. That politically incorrect part and the stuff he said about Mexicans is what I think is really sustaining his campaign. Take that away and he is just another centrist liberal from NY trying to sell the rubes conservatism.

Krugminator2
05-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Would Hillary's husband be worse than Trump's wife?

Without a doubt! LOL!

Really? I would fairly happily vote for Hillary's husband.

spudea
05-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Rand says yes Hillary will be worse and will support Trump. Much more likely to get some traction on some of his ideas and proposals.

acptulsa
05-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Rand says yes Hillary will be worse and will support Trump. Much more likely to get some traction on some of his ideas and proposals.

Got a link? A vid?

Last I heard, Rand Paul said only that he would support the GOP nominee when there is one. Otherwise, I've heard of him roundly criticizing both, but haven't heard of him comparing the two at all. I'd be interested in hearing or reading the comments where he does compare the two.

spudea
05-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Got a link? A vid?

Last I heard, Rand Paul said only that he would support the GOP nominee when there is one. Otherwise, I've heard of him roundly criticizing both, but haven't heard of him comparing the two at all. I'd be interested in hearing or reading the comments where he does compare the two.

Heres the link with the actual audio so you can hear it too. The question is phrased that we know trump will be the nominee and Rand is endorsing the nominee. Then he says we also know that Hillary will be terrible for Kentucky.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermott/rand-paul-on-trump-ive-always-said-ill-endorse-the-nominee?utm_term=.gcWKmOZ6J#.tp0AQLROb

bunklocoempire
05-14-2016, 08:29 PM
Hillary as Prez with a Republican controlled House is better (IMO) than Trump with any House. Right now, given these two narcissistic self-serving professional lying autocrats running, I am sad to say that I am praying for a government that can't get anything passed in the next four years.

This. The only thing you can count on a politician doing (majority of them), is to act like a politician.

How do you get a republican to at least act like a republican when the job description is still a taboo subject? You allow themselves to contrast their actions with "another" party.

I hope for a third party push for the liberty message, to get at least something more out of this.

Gloves totally on when handling these creatures, but they are pretty predictable -it's human nature with power, pretty well documented.
Shine the light on 'em, and watch 'em wriggle to try to stay in power, hopefully a great opportunity to clean more house.

LibertyEagle
05-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I think Hillary is less likely to go over Congress' head than Trump would be. She would sign some executive orders, all presidents do. But I think Trump would be far more likely to abuse that power. I have nothing to base this on, just a feeling I have. Also, since Republicans control the House and Senate, and since Trump is running under the Team Red banner, they might be more likely to give Trump anything/everything he wants. That's a scary thought.

Yeah, because they love him so much and all. :rolleyes:

CPUd
05-14-2016, 10:04 PM

See sig

robert68
05-14-2016, 10:43 PM

AZJoe
05-14-2016, 10:57 PM
Its another election falling into the South Park category of Turd Sandwich vs Giant Douche, But you need not vote for either. You have the Libertarian option, as well as the non-participation option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pji_IX-UacM

The Hillary war threat is beyond extreme. Hillary guarantees more war, and bigger war. Hillary president means real potential nuclear war. PCR lays it out in very direct language (I don't think it is as certain as PCR, but the risk is the greatest, too high):

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/13/president-killary-would-the-world-survive-hillary-clinton/
Hillary Clinton is a bought-and-paid-for representative of the big banks, the military-security complex, and the Israel Lobby. She will represent these interests, not those of the American people or America’s European allies. …

Hillary is a war-monger. She pushed the Obama regime into the destruction of a stable and largely cooperative government in Libya where the “Arab Spring” was a CIA-backed group of jihadists who were used to dislodge China from its oil investments in eastern Libya. She urged her husband to bomb Yugoslavia. She has pushed for “regime change” in Syria. She oversaw the coup that overthrew the democratically elected president of Honduras. She brought neoconservative Victoria Nuland, who arranged the coup that overthrew the democratically elected president of Ukraine, into the State Department. Hillary has called President Vladimir Putin of Russia the “new Hitler.” Hillary as president guarantees war and more war. …

Hillary Clinton has escaped unharmed from so many crimes and scandals that she would likely be the most reckless president in American history. … Hillary’s arrogant self-confidence is likely to result in over-reach that ends in conflict between NATO and Russia. Considering the extraordinary destructive force of nuclear weapons, Hillary as president could mean the end of life on earth. …

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-09/paul-craig-roberts-warns-killary-will-be-last-american-president
Hillary is the bought-and-paid-for property of Wall Street, Israel, and the military-security complex. She will bring back to power the totally discredited neoconservatives, and the US will proceed with its butchery and slaughter of other countries and all reformist governments everywhere. …

If we end up with Killary, neither the US nor the world will survive the mistake. She will be the last American president. … With a crazed President Killary … and with the insane neoconservatives back in the saddle determined to impose American hegemony on the rest of the world, Killary’s election will terminate life on earth. …

The public fell for the lie that Saddam Hussein in Iraq had “weapons of mass destruction” …The American public fell for the lies told about Gaddafi … The American public fell for the lie that … The public fell for the lie that Assad of Syria … The jihadists that Washington sent to overthrow Assad have turned out to be, according to Washington’s propaganda, a threat to America.

The greatest threat to the world is Washington’s insistence on its hegemony. The ideology of a handful of neoconservatives is the basis for this insistence. We face the situation in which a handful of American neoconservative psychopaths claim to determine the fate of countries. …

The casualties of Washington’s bombings are invariably civilians … Already there are calls for Washington to reintroduce “boots on the ground” in Iraq. … more NATO spending and more military bases on Russia’s borders. … none of these American military attacks on other countries has resulted in a better situation, …

The extraordinary gullibility of the American people, the corrupt American media, and the indoctrinated and impotent Congress … As the saying goes, “a fish rots from the head.” The rot in Washington now permeates the country. It is a rot that threatens the entire world.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/media/120511/1-hillary-clinton-warmonger-3.png?width=444px&height=214px

CPUd
05-14-2016, 11:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vbFdr1Q.jpg

Petar
05-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Ron is being played for a fool by all of these neocons that just want to have Hillary elected.

bunklocoempire
05-15-2016, 12:42 AM
Ron is being played for a fool by all of these neocons that just want to have Hillary elected.

Checks and balances. Human nature. Politicians. Dr. Ron Paul is firmly based in reality.

An Oct 2007 acting like this. Hrrumpf! I'll have you not sully that time frame! You're going to get your '07 free pizza card revoked!

lol Mind the snare Petar, mind the snare.

cajuncocoa
05-15-2016, 06:02 AM
Yeah, because they love him so much and all. :rolleyes:
It's not that they love him so much. They love Team Red. To withhold what their president wants would be to help Team Blue. You know how this works by now, right?

euphemia
05-15-2016, 06:16 AM
Absolutely Hillary would be worse. Trump may not be good, but there is a chance he would appoint a strict constructionist to the Supreme Court. There is no chance Hillary would do that.

There is a chance Trump will end US interventionist foreign policy. There is no chance Hillary will do that.

It's not that we don't know what Trump would do. It's that we know what Hillary will do.

Working Poor
05-15-2016, 07:30 AM
I really detest both of them but my gut tells me Hillary is the worst of the two.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 07:45 AM
...but there is a chance...

There is a chance...

Sheldon Adelson doesn't think so. He doesn't think there's a snowball's chance in hell, or he wouldn't give the clown a penny. And he actually knows these people, and has the resources to have them properly vetted.

Excuse me if I trust his research more than your 'five percent chance of pie in the sky' forecast.

I really detest both of them but my gut tells me Hillary is the worst of the two.

Choosing the lesser evil this time is like trying to tell which of those mountains just west of Denver is the second-tallest. You just can't tell from ground level. And what's more, it just doesn't matter. It really doesn't. The mountains are both plenty tall enough, and the candidates are both plenty evil enough. Either Americans get of this lesser evil kick, or we're all screwed.

Petar
05-15-2016, 08:04 AM
The Founding Father's accepted slavery.

Trump is a million times better than Hillary.

A Losertarian is not going to get elected.

The end.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:11 AM
It's not that they love him so much. They love Team Red. To withhold what their president wants would be to help Team Blue. You know how this works by now, right?

Yes, I do and it's not the team they love; it's the person, which is usually one on both sides, that will continue to line their pockets. In this race, they KNOW that Hillary will continue those policies. Trump is a maybe, at best.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Absolutely Hillary would be worse. Trump may not be good, but there is a chance he would appoint a strict constructionist to the Supreme Court. There is no chance Hillary would do that.

There is a chance Trump will end US interventionist foreign policy. There is no chance Hillary will do that.

It's not that we don't know what Trump would do. It's that we know what Hillary will do.

Well-said.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 08:13 AM
The Founding Father's accepted slavery.

The Founding Fathers fought slavery--they fought taxation without representation, and they fought indentured servitude. No, they did not fight every form of slavery, and did not fight for every single person's right to be free of it. They were forced to pick their battles. But there were fewer forms of slavery and fewer people trapped in it on this continent after the American Revolution than before it.

Trump is a million times better than Hillary.

http://i.giphy.com/12hrEugFLzoZy.gif

A Losertarian is not going to get elected.

Is this not a republic? Did not the Whig Party make itself irrelevant and get replaced? Do you think you're going to make the Libertarian Party irrelevant to millions of anti-war voters by calling it names?

The end.

We wish. But some people have an infinite capacity for running around from thread to thread repeating themselves. They never stay and back up their claims, of course. But they can spam until doomsday.

Trump is a maybe, at best.

The only way he's a maybe at this point is if you're up an Egyptian river without a paddle.

Denial is the disease globalists infect us with so they can have their way.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:17 AM
Choosing the lesser evil this time is like trying to tell which of those mountains just west of Denver is the second-tallest. You just can't tell from ground level. And what's more, it just doesn't matter. It really doesn't. The mountains are both plenty tall enough, and the candidates are both plenty evil enough. Either Americans get of this lesser evil kick, or we're all screwed.

It matters one hell of a lot, if you want the nation to survive.

"For the first time in a long time, this November will give Americans a clear choice on perhaps the most important issue facing our country and our civilization: whether we remain a nation-state that serves its own people, or whether we slide irrevocably toward a soulless globalism that treats humans as interchangeable widgets in the world market." - Senator Sessions (http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/05/12/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-jeff-sessions-editorials-debates/84298310/)

Petar
05-15-2016, 08:18 AM
The Founding Fathers fought slavery--they fought taxation without representation, and they fought indentured servitude. No, they did not fight every form of slavery, and did not fight for every single person's right to be free of it. They were forced to pick their battles. But there were fewer forms of slavery and fewer people trapped in it on this continent after the American Revolution than before it.

http://i.giphy.com/12hrEugFLzoZy.gif

Is this not a republic? Did not the Whig Party make itself irrelevant and get replaced? Do you think you're going to make the Libertarian Party irrelevant to millions of anti-war voters by calling it names?

We wish. But some people have an infinite capacity for running around from thread to thread repeating themselves. They never stay and back up their claims, of course. But they can spam until doomsday.

If you can understand the good that the (very imperfect) Founder's did, then you should also be able to understand the good that (very imperfect) Trump is doing.

The great irony here is that Losertarians have doubled to a whopping 2% since Trump has been doing his thing, and who knows how much higher up they could actually go by the time that he is through.

Any attempt to derail Trump at this point is really just an attempt to keep the Libertarian party doing what they do best - Losing spectacularly, and making sure that the status-quo continues marching on intact.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Denial is the disease the globalists infect us with so they can get their way.

One of you is gambling the survival of this nation on a guaranteed loser--as has been confirmed by Sheldon Adelson, who does not gamble on unknowns. And the other is trying to get us to believe that extraordinary measures never work, not even in extraordinary times. Losertarians never win, they say, but what they do not say is that Democrats never refuse to vote for the nominee no matter what she does to their preferred candidate. Except that's what they're doing right now. How many other 'never happens' things can happen with that going on?

Denial is the disease globalists infect us with so they can get their way.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:23 AM
Denial is the disease the globalists infect us with so they can get their way.

Indeed and unfortunately those who advocate for the continued overrun of our borders by illegal aliens and more rotten managed trade deals are either in denial or are traitors.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Indeed and unfortunately those who advocate for the continued overrun of our borders by illegal aliens and more rotten managed trade deals are either in denial or are traitors.

Those who think these two issues are really the most important problems we face right now are overlooking about 90% of The Big Picture.

The illegal immigration problem will cure itself in a hurry when the FRN crashes. Trust me on this. You insist on fighting that battle, but the crashing economy has already won it without your help.

Working Poor
05-15-2016, 08:31 AM

Of course I know this. It's not that I want to vote for either of them. I just hate to see the feminazis get any more power. I want all men to be able to keep their nuts.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 08:34 AM
Of course I know this. It's not that I want to vote for either of them. I just hate to see the feminazis get any more power. I want all men to be able to keep their nuts.

If we don't have cojones enough to break out of this One Party-Two Divisions System, then we don't have cojones enough to worry about saving.

And those who rise to power on a 'I'll let you keep your cojones' platform are historically the first to come after those cojones. Because they wouldn't have gotten into government if they didn't hate competition.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Those who think these two issues are really the most important problems we face right now are overlooking about 90% of The Big Picture.

The illegal immigration problem will cure itself in a hurry when the FRN crashes. Trust me on this. You insist on fighting that battle, but the crashing economy has already won it without your help.

Sorry, but I do NOT trust you on this. Because I know that the globalists have been at this for a long time and this nirvana that you think will occur when the FRN crashes, isn't going to happen. It will be when the globalists offer the free chicken in every pot and the fools will rush to world government.

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Sorry, but I do NOT trust you on this. Because I know that the globalists have been at this for a long time and this nirvana that you think will occur when the FRN crashes, isn't going to happen. It will be when the globalists offer the free chicken in every pot and the fools will rush to world government.

Nirvana?

Are you serious? You must really think I'm stupid if you think I consider million dollar loaves of bread some kind of nirvana. Thank you so much for insulting the shit out of me.

Of course they're deliberately crashing the currency so they can offer a chicken for every pot--on the condition that we give them the world on a platter. Of course they are. So why are you fighting the last battle, instead of anticipating the next battle? That is the question I'm asking you.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Nirvana?

Are you serious? You must really think I'm stupid if you think I consider million dollar loaves of bread some kind of nirvana. Thank you so much for insulting the $#@! out of me.
You realize that there are some on this site who do believe that they will be able to rise up from the ashes, after the country falls, right?

Of course they're deliberately crashing the currency so they can offer a chicken for every pot--on the condition that we give them the world on a platter. Of course they are. So why are you fighting the last battle, instead of anticipating the next battle? That is the question I'm asking you.

I can walk AND chew gum. Can't you?

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 09:03 AM
You realize that there are some on this site who do believe that they will be able to rise up from the ashes, after the country falls, right?

I can walk AND chew gum. Can't you?

So, now we know who really thinks the collapse will create nirvana.

And is preventing globalism as easy as walking or as easy as chewing gum, that you think you can do it and distract yourself doing something that will take care of itself as well?

Because all I see you doing is grumbling your lack of appreciation at the choir.

LibertyEagle
05-15-2016, 09:07 AM
So, now we know who really thinks the collapse will create nirvana.
They were anarchists and libertarians. I'm not in either camp. You are though, right?

And is preventing globalism as easy as walking or as easy as chewing gum, that you think you can do it and distract yourself doing something that will take care of itself as well?
Where did I say that? I didn't. Try again.

Because all I see you doing is grumbling your lack of appreciation at the choir.
What choir? You? lolol

acptulsa
05-15-2016, 09:13 AM
They were anarchists and libertarians. I'm not in either camp. You are though, right?

Casting aspersions again.

Where did I say that? I didn't. Try again.

You can either walk and chew gum at the same time or you can't. Make up your mind.

What choir? You? lolol

Oh, well, that completely proves that you are a fountain of encouragement and a positive force in the movement, always there to pat those on the back who are trying to move forward and never one to discourage people into a state of depressed catatonia.

navy-vet
05-17-2016, 08:12 PM
Hillary will undoubtedly put the final nail into the Republic's coffin, through the SCOTUS appointments alone. It appears at this point to be far less likely to go that way with Trump. That's it, plain and simple. The enemies of what lingers of this Republic, here in R the RPF, will argue and claim that the two of them are equally bad and push for us to stay home in November or write someone in to make a statement. They will then whine and bleat the loudest when the guns are being confiscated and all hell is busting loose.

Rad
05-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Indeed and unfortunately those who advocate for the continued overrun of our borders by illegal aliens and more rotten managed trade deals are either in denial or are traitors.He wants to deport them but have a path for citizenship for the good illegal aliens however he defines them. What do you think his post-wall/deport policy will look like: http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/07/donald_trump_hints_at_merit_system_for_undocumente .html

Rad
05-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Ron is right. What I think we can say is that one is an embarrassment to the elite while the other is not.

CPUd
05-17-2016, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/poEUKmy.jpg

Working Poor
05-18-2016, 06:18 AM

I am doing what I can to promote and support McAfee. I know it ain't much but it is all I can do. I hope you can try to at least give me emotional support so maybe I can start a "keep your cajones men and vote libertarian" and "save the cajones women and vote libertarian" campaign. I think that this election is ripe for a libertarian president.