PDA

View Full Version : Video: John Stossel: Ron Paul Unplugged

Geronimo
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
This is great!

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3970423&page=1

fortilite
12-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah! I was so worried John Stossel was ignoring us, he is my favorite person in all of MSM so it was really bugging me.

Unspun
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
John Stossel is by far my favorite man in the media. Ron Paul talked about having John Stossel in his cabinet in a recent interview.

angrydragon
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
No need to break the link.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3970423

garrettwombat
12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
h ttp://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3970423&page=1

come on dude, you dont have to break the link unless they are polls...

why do people keep doing this, what sense does it make?

Geronimo
12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
No need to break the link.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3970423

come on dude, you dont have to break the link unless they are polls...

why do people keep doing this, what sense does it make?

Habit.

Fixed it.

At the end of the video it says to watch 20/20 every Friday night at 10. I wonder if that's just a plug, or if they're saying that this will be on 20/20 (I doubt it)

JoeySweets
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Read the other Topics before posting.

StrikerV
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
i still remember that wrestler pimp slapping stossell lols

Geronimo
12-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Read the other Topics before posting.

You've got a point there.

sergeant_x
12-07-2007, 08:36 PM
They only saw fit to publish this on the internet, thus maintaining the MSM blackout. Through the main channels they'll keep reporting on how no one takes RP seriously. Bastards.

fortilite
12-07-2007, 08:38 PM
They'll probably air it if Paul does well in Iowa. They do that all the time with Stossel interviews, let them collect dust until a big news story makes relevant again. I've seen 5 year old Stossel interviews get aired.

Danny Molina
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
...unplugged from what?

Lord Xar
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
hmmm. I was just gonna ask - was this on the air. So, this is JUST FOR THE INTERNET?

Wow. Such obvious biasness. I almost can't stand it.

AMERICA WAKE UP!

fortilite
12-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Next week, ABCNEWS.com will post five additional video segments and articles from the interview.

Cool, although still not as good as airing even a 5 minute interview.

Akus
12-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow, this is horrible. Now the average joe thinks Ron Paul wants to legalize cocaine. No, he didn't say it, but it will be twisted into this. Dear God, why couldn't they ask him about Iraq, economy, IRS, for crying out loud.

This is a bad pulicity. Drug legalizers and pimps in Vegas alone cannot get RP elected.

Finn
12-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Wow, this is horrible. Now the average joe thinks Ron Paul wants to legalize cocaine. No, he didn't say it, but it will be twisted into this. Dear God, why couldn't they ask him about Iraq, economy, IRS, for crying out loud.

This is a bad pulicity. Drug legalizers and pimps in Vegas alone cannot get RP elected.
That is Paul's stance.

And whether you like it or not these issues are important for the people. I'm actually glad he is asked some hard questions.

Minuteman
12-07-2007, 08:59 PM
And they wonder why we love the man. It boggles me.

dircha
12-07-2007, 09:13 PM

The media has and will twist whatever Congressman Paul says into whatever they want.

The day we allow the media to intimidate us into silencing ourselves on account of what they might do is the day we lose.

axiomata
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
That needs to get on primetime. It will shock the world.

I found it interesting that RP shares my position that government can regulate drugs etc. with minors even in a perfect libertarian society. I remember discussing this issue with JosephTheLibertarian and I like having RP on my side. ;)

angrydragon
12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Ideally, parents should bear most of that responsility with their kids.

axiomata
12-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Ideally, parents should bear most of that responsility with their kids.
Ideally, of course.

Part of what we are trying to do is convince people that libertarianism is more than just a nice idea in theory but that it can be practically incorporated into the real world that we live in; the world where if public schools were defunded, some parents may not pay to send their kids to private school, the world where some drugged out parents might let their 12 year old do meth.

murrayrothbard
12-07-2007, 09:38 PM

The Economics of Prohibition (http://www.mises.org/books/prohibition.pdf) :p

murrayrothbard
12-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I found it interesting that RP shares my position that government can regulate drugs etc. with minors even in a perfect libertarian society. I remember discussing this issue with JosephTheLibertarian and I like having RP on my side. ;)

Seeing as there is no government in a perfect libertarian society, this makes no sense. :p

transistor
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
wow.. that was an awesome interview by RP

axiomata
12-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Seeing as there is no government in a perfect libertarian society, this makes no sense. :p

There's a difference between libertarian and anarcho-capitalistic.

In regards to the video. We need to politely petition Stossle to get this interview shown on 20/20 on broadcast TV. His argument that it is available only on the internet because there is an active contingent of Ron Paul supporters on the internet is either foolish, or a bad excuse for some other reason. We need to let him know that we don't want the Ron Paul Revolution to just be on the internet, and that this interview needs to be seen by as many people as possible. If it was a producer's decision then we need to know that so we can start petitioning them.

boondoggle
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
There's a difference between libertarian and anarcho-capitalistic.

Agreed.

And, while I'm in this topic, I think it's a lot easier for kids to get weed from a buddy than for them to walk into a liquor store and show an ID. Why don't we go the ID route with weed too? Sounds good to me.

Matt Collins
12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/sonicspike/RonPaul-Biggovernmentputsabadtastei.jpg

Akus
12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
The media has and will twist whatever Congressman Paul says into whatever they want.

The day we allow the media to intimidate us into silencing ourselves on account of what they might do is the day we lose.

I just feel drugs and prostitution are sacred cows. There is a reason, after all, why FOX put up that "A whore house in Vegas supports RP". I am just glad that they haven't asked if a state wants to go back in time law wise and start lynching blacks for drinking out of the "white" fountains, can it.

I believe Ron Paul is a very prinicpled, to a fault, in fact, and he, correct me if I'm wrong, does believe that if a business doesn't want to hire a person or provide a service to a person simply because they're black/gay/jew/whatever, that's their business. And that is another sacred cow right there.

P.S. Were it up to me, prostitution and drugs, all of them, would be legalized tomorrow.

Akus
12-07-2007, 09:57 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/sonicspike/RonPaul-Biggovernmentputsabadtastei.jpg

I love Ron Paul, but he either needs to get an image consultant or fire the one he's got. This will be posted on all Hannity/Rush/Neo-con forums non stop.

brumans
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Will/was this be on 20/20 or is this just an internet interview?

axiomata
12-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Will/was this be on 20/20 or is this just an internet interview?

Currently internet only. We need to try and change that.

jake
12-07-2007, 10:05 PM
awful short interview.. We need an entire 20/20 episode focused on Ron Paul's bid for the Whitehouse :)

Richandler
12-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Yah Stossel rocks, his shows are the only good news media reports on TV. Hopefully this makes it to the prime time show.

KewlRonduderules
12-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Newsweek did the same thing. I think they are trying to capitalize on his internet popularity for more viewership. Meanwhile, they will ignore him on TV so their chosen candidates get more exposure.

Unspun
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
awful short interview.. We need an entire 20/20 episode focused on Ron Paul's bid for the Whitehouse :)

I absolutely agree we need an entire 20/20 John Stossel special on this!

However, if you read the article with the video, it says this is a snippet from his full interview.

Next week, ABCNEWS.com will post five additional video segments and articles from the interview.

On Monday, we'll examine the role of government -- what the federal government should and shouldn't do. Tuesday, Paul gives his views on when war is justifiable. On Wednesday we'll tackle immigration. Like many of his GOP colleagues, Paul opposes amnesty for illegal immigrants and wants more border enforcement. But he says the real problem lies with birthright citizenship and other enticements of the American welfare state. On Thursday we discuss health care, and on Friday, we'll discuss one of the Texas congressman's favorite topics, the Constitution.