PDA

View Full Version : The Case for the Ron Paul Republican (or, how we take this country back without guns)

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
They call us crazy, but don't know why. We know why, we're their conscious speaking to them. It's been so long since they have heard a voice of reason that they have forgotten what it's like to be alive. They've been in the cage so long that they see the bars and think they are the ones that are free and that we are in the cage.

We question authority, even if it's someone we adore and admire. Not because we don't trust them, but because we value the truth more than fleeting feelings of security and happiness.

We are the tireless minority, and the silent majority; clawing our way out from within the belly of the beast. Lifting our hands high and screaming, "No! I will not comply!"

While they gleefully and ignorantly forget the world around them as they watch "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars", it's burning down around them. They are in a slumber and it's our duty to wake them up.

Here's what I propose, and I hope you all take it seriously:

Whether Dr. Paul wins or loses, the fight is far from over. We need to get people into office, people that will promise to remove the restrictions on third parties. I can guarantee we can do this if we turn out in local elections like we do for rallies. We don't need to be the majority, we just need high turnout. That's something I learned from you guys, passion alone can win the whole thing back for us, we just have to show up when no one else is willing.

We, as libertarians, control the largest and freeist and fastest form of transferring news by a LONG LONG LONG margin...the internet. It will be our vehicle of taking it all back. All the major news networks have agendas, but the internet sees through that cloud and brings us the truth, whether we want to accept it or not. We need to band together though, keeping important news sites in business, directing traffic from the oligopolistic news networks that exist now (we call then the MSM) and to sites that promote freedom, free markets and truth.

The network is already there, we just need to keep this intact, and keep organized. We have the power to put old media out of business, right here and right now; and we don't do it by boycotting, we do it by offering superior alternative and continuing to make the word "libertarian" a positive word, and "neo-con" a bad one.

The place is here, the time is now. Let's band together my brethren, and make this last forever.

Joey Wahoo
12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Agreed hawkeyenick. But you have the great privilege of being at ground zero for this Revolution. Iowa on 1/3 will be our Lexington and Concord.

I know you don't need encouragement from the likes of me, but we'll be with you in spirit brother. Spare no effort friend. We need a shot that will be heard around the world.

Liberty!

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Agreed hawkeyenick. But you have the great privilege of being at ground zero for this Revolution. Iowa on 1/3 will be our Lexington and Concord.

I know you don't need encouragement from the likes of me, but we'll be with you in spirit brother. Spare no effort friend. We need a shot that will be heard around the world.

Liberty!

From the ground....I only see Paul Supporters among the youth, and Romney supporters among the older generations. Problem is that they shun us at Republican get-togethers, so it's hard to guage.

Realistically...the older vote turns out in record numbers to vote for whoever looks "presidential" and "is a man of god", and that's it. The youth vote here is a joke, it always will be because of societial influences and life experience differences. I have a feeling it will be a little different just this one time though :)

Seriously though...WE OWN THE INTERNET! It's how everyone gets news now, if we wield it correctly, in 5-10 years libertarians will run this country. That's no joke, we see it on digg and reddit and on the internet in general. We just need to keep the message alive between elections and keep putting our money where our mouth is.

Adamsa
12-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Fox news... third in Iowa... Hannity and Colmes...

*explodes

AtomiC
12-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes I agree completely but I have total faith in Ron Paul winning this election. We can win THIS election and still spread the word of freedom and truth for years to come.

Joey Wahoo
12-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Hawkeyenick: Whatever it takes to rally the troops for a big showing on 1/3. The momentum that y'all give this campaign from Iowa could make the difference in NH, which in turn could carry the day in SC and Nevada. We stand on the edge of something very very big. The future may belong to us, but we can start that future NOW.

Good luck and thanks for all the hard work. Its showing up in the polls.

btw, a friend of mine is in Iowa w/the Hillary campaign. He says we have more signs and bumper stickers than all the other candidates combined!