PDA

View Full Version : McCain not dropping out until August?

Bradley in DC
06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/06/29/mccain_says_hes_not_dropping_out.html

June 29, 2007

McCain Says He's Not Dropping Out

While most of the presidential candidates are managing expectations over how much money they'll report raising in the second quarter, Sen. John McCain is trying to downplay speculation he'll leave the race.

McCain "dismissed the notion" last night "that he might drop out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination because he is lagging in fundraising and trailing in polls," the AP reports. He noted the first primaries are still six months away.

Said McCain: "That's ridiculous. Why in the world would I want to do that? It would be nuts. I don't know why I would even remotely consider such a thing in the month of June, or July."

Bryan
06-30-2007, 12:37 AM
why I would even remotely consider such a thing in the month of June, or July

McCain not dropping out until August?
:)

MozoVote
06-30-2007, 07:50 AM
We get accusations of packing the online polls. OK, fair enough. Lot of RP supporters with time on their hands, roaming from poll to poll, showing their enthusiasm.

But it's very telling, how small the vote for McCain is with online polls. There is no "crowd" and no excitement. I really do not think he will be the nominee. He has become too tied with Bush, the war, and immigration.

Zydeco
06-30-2007, 11:54 AM
We get accusations of packing the online polls. OK, fair enough. Lot of RP supporters with time on their hands, roaming from poll to poll, showing their enthusiasm.

But it's very telling, how small the vote for McCain is with online polls. There is no "crowd" and no excitement. I really do not think he will be the nominee. He has become too tied with Bush, the war, and immigration.

Agree completely.

jdbrown
07-01-2007, 08:09 AM
We need him to stay in long enough for Paul to pass him in fundraising contributions! That would be perfect vindication. The media built up McCain as a front runner and Paul passes him by. If McCain drops out too early though, Paul won't make it out of 2nd tier status in the eyes of the establishment until he passes Thompson, Guiliani, or Romney in terms of national polls and fundraising.