PDA

View Full Version : John Stossel interviews RP

spacebetween
12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=3970423&page=1

News of this interview broke on the Facebook group a couple days ago when someone posted professional pictures of RP sitting with John Stossel.

It seems that this interview will only be posted on the web, however.

Sometimes I get the feeling that these media types think they can appease us by putting things online... and not ever showing the general population.

FTW:

Despite relatively low poll numbers, Paul has had a big influence on the presidential campaign. That's in part because he's raised a ton of money, and in part because of the passionate following he has on the Web. It's one reason we're posting my interview with Paul only on the Internet, where the debate about Paul is very active. In fact, he's the most Googled presidential candidate.

Next week, ABCNEWS.com will post five additional video segments and articles from the interview.

Thanks John... I think this is what we call, "Preaching to the choir."

V4Vendetta
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
wow, never heard of this interview.... pretty good

ChooseLiberty
12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
What ever happened to the 60 minutes interview?

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
What ever happened to the 60 minutes interview?
Figment of some Ron Paul fanboy's imagination. That would be my guess.

literatim
12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Figment of some Ron Paul fanboy's imagination. That would be my guess.

It was on the list with "The View" and the that one ended up being the truth.

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
"It's one reason we're posting my interview with Paul only on the Internet, where the debate about Paul is very active."

Not really...Ron Paul owns the internet

KewlRonduderules
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Interesting how they are ONLY keeping it on ABCnews.com . What about TV? If this got on the air, this would be poison for the MSM!!!

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
"It's one reason we're posting my interview with Paul only on the Internet, where the debate about Paul is very active."

Not really...Ron Paul owns the internet
Exactly... Seems like a cop-out to me.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 07:49 PM
It was on the list with "The View" and the that one ended up being the truth.
Yeah but that one has been verified for a long time now. The 60 minutes speculation has gone back... what, 3 months now?

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
This was a good interview, not because of ABC but because of Ron Paul. ABC is clearly trying to bring up issues that are contentious. Ron Paul gave amazing answers. No other candidate could do this...not in their wildest dreams.

Ron Paul >>>>> ABC

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
John Stossel owns.

Bossobass
12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Every event I've attended since May has been amazingly well attended.

This is why we always end up chanting, "We're not just the internet..."

I think we should send John a couple of vids (like the Nashville rally, the Iowa rally and the Philly rally) so he can make the point that we are indeed NOT just the internet.

Bosso

Finn
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
youtubed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPiDvB2Tcqw

StrikerV
12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
amazing.. may i repeat... amazing.

Unspun
12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
John Stossel owns.

He does, and Ron Paul was asked in a recent interview who he'd like to have in his cabinet. The first person he mentioned was John Stossel.

dircha
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
John Stossel is the real deal.

I think he has a future in politics in the freedom movement.

pacelli
12-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I like John Stossel's interview approach. He's not out to smear Paul, but he does push him for specifics on issues which is GOOD for people who are new to him. I wonder if the good doctor would rather do Stossel than Beck or Matthews. Clearly there is a more dignified journalist among the 3. And Dr. Paul is dignified, so it begins to make sense. I truly hope that they air the entire 1 hour interview during a TV broadcast -- or the Paul campaign buys the time from the show for them to run it. This would be HUGE, not to mention completely appropriate considering that the viewers for that night would boost their ratings. ALOT of people watch Stossel. If he is one of Ron Paul's allies, then more power to the revolution! Additionally I think Dr. Paul does better at longer interviews where both himself and the interviewer can sit down and calmly discuss things. Yelling, interrupting, those things never look good. Case in point the Bill O'Reilly - Ron Paul interview back in October. Yikes.

Mr. Stossel, are you lurking? =)

sharedvoice
12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
John Stossel is cool

spacebetween
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
youtubed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPiDvB2Tcqw

Thanks for that...

ABC News videos don't work on Ubuntu for me.

KewlRonduderules
12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
This should be sent to lesbian and gay organizations. i think he could win some support especially from the log cabin republicans.

Matt Collins
12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/sonicspike/RonPaul-Biggovernmentputsabadtastei.jpg

Aldanga
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for that...

ABC News videos don't work on Ubuntu for me.
Ditto here. Many thanks. :-)

Now it's sitting on my desktop. Yay for YouTube downloaders!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Is there really a debate anymore?